FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > its hell out there

its hell out there

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mmMandy OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Southampton

I live in Southampton, a place notorious for its lamentable traffic management. Ill thought out junctions, totally uncoordinated traffic signals and generally difficult to get around by car.

Given or future obligations re climate change, would you recommend substantial investment to minimise the amount of stop/start and stationary traffic, or make it even worse to discourage anybody trying to drive into town on anything but essential journeys

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Try Preston.. all lights out of sync 24 hours a day. As you say, additional fuel to set off again.

I remember watching Tomorrow's World in the 80s showing smooth movement of traffic by correctly timing lights to speed limits.

Drive too fast, you hit the next set of lights on red, at the right speed it's non stop all the way. Good way to force average speeds.

The A580 East Lancs used to be, set off, get through the first set to synchronise and as long as you maintained 50, it was green lights all the way from Manchester to Liverpool - non stop.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Try Preston.. all lights out of sync 24 hours a day. As you say, additional fuel to set off again.

I remember watching Tomorrow's World in the 80s showing smooth movement of traffic by correctly timing lights to speed limits.

Drive too fast, you hit the next set of lights on red, at the right speed it's non stop all the way. Good way to force average speeds.

The A580 East Lancs used to be, set off, get through the first set to synchronise and as long as you maintained 50, it was green lights all the way from Manchester to Liverpool - non stop."

Great idea never works!

People seem to find it impossible to keep to a 20mph speed limit around schools ect

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Came south down the M1 yesterday. The M1 is a shambles from Watford Gap down to MK where I got off. The “improvement” works has created a whole chaos of stop start tailbacks.

Whilst over the concrete barrier where the works were meant to be taking place not a worker to be hardly seen apart from a couple of odd workers sat around in Transit tippers along the entire stretch.

It was indeed hell.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Try Preston.. all lights out of sync 24 hours a day. As you say, additional fuel to set off again.

The A580 East Lancs used to be, set off, get through the first set to synchronise and as long as you maintained 50, it was green lights all the way from Manchester to Liverpool - non stop."

I used to enjoy the road on my R6, but I preferred stopping at the lights to drag race a deluded boy racer.

» Add a new message to this topic