FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Levelling Up

Levelling Up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

News today about some places in the Mids and. North getting some redevelopment support.

Whilst any investment that helps improve an area is welcome. It all reads like a sticky plaster. Like the South giving the North a few quid to go and buy ice cream or and a bad of sweets!

Fundamentally should there not be a much broader set of incentives to encourage reskilling, social

Mobility and education? For example offer free Uni places to youngsters from these deprived areas on condition they (a) train in areas there are bug skills shortages and (b) have to repay if they don’t invest min 5 years then working in the regions that they from. Combined with backing for firms to locate offices /factories whatever in the same said region. Do that and the “locals” get wealthier and everything else will improve and follow suit.

There are massive skills gaps in some industries so surely this would

Make dense for all parties and also benefit the country as a whole?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

this is old news which was announced over a year ago and then again in the autumn budget in november. basically just an attempt to recycle what the tories promised in 2019 but have failed to deliver in any way shape or form.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

“Levelling up”, “Northern Powerhouse.”

It’s just sad that some people believe that voting for Brexit meant that they would get more money.

Actually not sad

More laughable.

"“Levelling up”, “Northern Powerhouse.”

It’s just sad that some people believe that voting for Brexit meant that they would get more money.

Actually not sad

More laughable."

Meaningless buzzwords that raise false hopes. It is very sad indeed.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Actually not sad

More laughable."

I think the people in Teesside will disagree

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Actually not sad

More laughable.I think the people in Teesside will disagree "

They're happy to be lied to?

Seems unlikely.

thornaby

Actually not sad

More laughable.I think the people in Teesside will disagree

Seems unlikely."

happy with the investment up here mate

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

we r happy with it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Actually not sad

Seems unlikely. happy with the investment up here mate "

It’s about time the north east had its fair share of investment, it has some of the most deprived areas in the country

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

the tories have no intention of levelling up the north alll they will do is talk talk talk about it to keep the norths mouths shuthope you who voted for them remember at the next election

golden fields

"the tories have no intention of levelling up the north alll they will do is talk talk talk about it to keep the norths mouths shuthope you who voted for them remember at the next election"

Sure, it was just recycled rhetoric. There's no new investment.

Just a distraction tactic.

It works.

thornaby

Actually not sad

Seems unlikely. happy with the investment up here mate

It’s about time the north east had its fair share of investment, it has some of the most deprived areas in the country "

yes it has always as had tho with all governments it’s about time we got some investment mate

Actually not sad

It’s about time the north east had its fair share of investment, it has some of the most deprived areas in the country yes it has always as had tho with all governments it’s about time we got some investment mate "

Yep, do all these deprived areas still exist??

thornaby

Actually not sad

It’s about time the north east had its fair share of investment, it has some of the most deprived areas in the country yes it has always as had tho with all governments it’s about time we got some investment mate

Yep, do all these deprived areas still exist??"

every town and city in the world has deprived areas mate ya know that

Actually not sad

It’s about time the north east had its fair share of investment, it has some of the most deprived areas in the country yes it has always as had tho with all governments it’s about time we got some investment mate

Yep, do all these deprived areas still exist?? every town and city in the world has deprived areas mate ya know that "

Yes I know, but have these areas improved? Is unemployment down since you have had this ‘new’ investment

thornaby

Actually not sad

Yep, do all these deprived areas still exist?? every town and city in the world has deprived areas mate ya know that

Yes I know, but have these areas improved? Is unemployment down since you have had this ‘new’ investment "

its early days like you say mate it’s new investment there’s plenty more jobs in Teesside now that’s for sure

Actually not sad

Yep, do all these deprived areas still exist?? every town and city in the world has deprived areas mate ya know that

Yes I know, but have these areas improved? Is unemployment down since you have had this ‘new’ investment its early days like you say mate it’s new investment there’s plenty more jobs in Teesside now that’s for sure "

I hope so, is unemployment in the area is down? Are the people of Middlesbrough trained for these new jobs or do you think they will go to people that live out of the region

thornaby

Actually not sad

Yes I know, but have these areas improved? Is unemployment down since you have had this ‘new’ investment its early days like you say mate it’s new investment there’s plenty more jobs in Teesside now that’s for sure

I hope so, is unemployment in the area is down? Are the people of Middlesbrough trained for these new jobs or do you think they will go to people that live out of the region "

honest answer I don’t know it’s basically a building site at the minute mate I’m sure it will be a mix but it’s all money for the region isn’t it

Actually not sad

Yes I know, but have these areas improved? Is unemployment down since you have had this ‘new’ investment its early days like you say mate it’s new investment there’s plenty more jobs in Teesside now that’s for sure

I hope so, is unemployment in the area is down? Are the people of Middlesbrough trained for these new jobs or do you think they will go to people that live out of the region honest answer I don’t know it’s basically a building site at the minute mate I’m sure it will be a mix but it’s all money for the region isn’t it "

Depends, the new workers might come from elsewhere and decide to commute rather that live in Middlesbrough , I hope I am wrong but I wouldn’t believe everything Boris and the tories are telling g you

thornaby

Actually not sad

I hope so, is unemployment in the area is down? Are the people of Middlesbrough trained for these new jobs or do you think they will go to people that live out of the region honest answer I don’t know it’s basically a building site at the minute mate I’m sure it will be a mix but it’s all money for the region isn’t it

Depends, the new workers might come from elsewhere and decide to commute rather that live in Middlesbrough , I hope I am wrong but I wouldn’t believe everything Boris and the tories are telling g you "

the jobs are a mix of lots of different company’s nothing to do with Boris buddy lol

Why is Boris hanging on? Money? Power? Fame?

thornaby

"Why is Boris hanging on? Money? Power? Fame? "
eh

Actually not sad

I hope so, is unemployment in the area is down? Are the people of Middlesbrough trained for these new jobs or do you think they will go to people that live out of the region honest answer I don’t know it’s basically a building site at the minute mate I’m sure it will be a mix but it’s all money for the region isn’t it

Depends, the new workers might come from elsewhere and decide to commute rather that live in Middlesbrough , I hope I am wrong but I wouldn’t believe everything Boris and the tories are telling g you the jobs are a mix of lots of different company’s nothing to do with Boris buddy lol"

Fair comment, however is is a Tory mayor who is ‘promising ‘ 18,000 new jobs over 5 years, this can’t be guaranteed

golden fields

"Why is Boris hanging on? Money? Power? Fame? "

Yep. Not only does he not give a fuck about the country, but he seemingly doesn't give a fuck about his own party.

They don't care if he fucks over the country, but if he damages the Conservative party chances in the next election. He's gone.

Actually not sad

Seems unlikely. happy with the investment up here mate "

Is that the port expansion and a windmill factory oft discussed in another thread?

thornaby

Actually not sad

Is that the port expansion and a windmill factory oft discussed in another thread? "

yes it is mate

thornaby

Actually not sad

Depends, the new workers might come from elsewhere and decide to commute rather that live in Middlesbrough , I hope I am wrong but I wouldn’t believe everything Boris and the tories are telling g you the jobs are a mix of lots of different company’s nothing to do with Boris buddy lol

Fair comment, however is is a Tory mayor who is ‘promising ‘ 18,000 new jobs over 5 years, this can’t be guaranteed "

well what can be guaranteed bud works already started down there time will tell

» Add a new message to this topic