FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > RT....

RT....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *TMA that man again OP   Man  over a year ago

worester

Now banned in Poland and Lithuania. Further bans to follow.

Not withstanding the unfolding tragedy in Ukraine and the fact that RT is basically Putin's personal propaganda machine.... there are times when some of the shit on there is comedy gold!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Now banned in Poland and Lithuania. Further bans to follow.

Not withstanding the unfolding tragedy in Ukraine and the fact that RT is basically Putin's personal propaganda machine.... there are times when some of the shit on there is comedy gold!"

u could say the beeb is the uk propaganda machinei meen the push the wests message across the world

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Not withstanding the unfolding tragedy in Ukraine and the fact that RT is basically Putin's personal propaganda machine.... there are times when some of the shit on there is comedy gold!u could say the beeb is the uk propaganda machinei meen the push the wests message across the world"

Have to disagree as the BBC is not in the same misinformation league as RT

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

RT not showing the film of missiles going into residential buildings but claims that people are being used as human shields….

Hard being a human shield if you are 15-20 floors up!!

And they still can’t bear to call it an invasion… it’s still a “special operation”

Bristol

"RT not showing the film of missiles going into residential buildings but claims that people are being used as human shields….

And they still can’t bear to call it an invasion… it’s still a “special operation”"

Yup saw that presenter spouting the party line sat there saying how well the special operation was going and how Russia is liberating the Ukrainians

borehamwood

Not withstanding the unfolding tragedy in Ukraine and the fact that RT is basically Putin's personal propaganda machine.... there are times when some of the shit on there is comedy gold!u could say the beeb is the uk propaganda machinei meen the push the wests message across the world

Have to disagree as the BBC is not in the same misinformation league as RT"

how do you know that there reporting ukraine civilians are ready to fight a gurriella war against russia and there true patriots yet if afghans or iraqis do it there insurgents because there fighting our troops im not saying ukrainians dont have every rightto fight them like that but if there patriots surley those afghans and iraqis were also patriots after all foreign powers also invaded there countrys,most news is propaganda of one sort or another

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I just hope that the russians who have family in the ukraine are spreading the word to whats really happening.

Bristol

Not withstanding the unfolding tragedy in Ukraine and the fact that RT is basically Putin's personal propaganda machine.... there are times when some of the shit on there is comedy gold!u could say the beeb is the uk propaganda machinei meen the push the wests message across the world

Have to disagree as the BBC is not in the same misinformation league as RThow do you know that there reporting ukraine civilians are ready to fight a gurriella war against russia and there true patriots yet if afghans or iraqis do it there insurgents because there fighting our troops im not saying ukrainians dont have every rightto fight them like that but if there patriots surley those afghans and iraqis were also patriots after all foreign powers also invaded there countrys,most news is propaganda of one sort or another"

Ok then pray tell us who you think is telling the truth about the invasion?

Bristol

"I just hope that the russians who have family in the ukraine are spreading the word to whats really happening."

Was listening to talk radio yesterday and a woman was on there saying she was trying to tell her mother and cousins what was really going on but they have been fed shit by the state for so long they do now listen.

It’s just like trying to convince a flat earther or a 5 g conspiracy nut just like sweeping water uphill

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Saw a video this morning of a Russian POW being allowed to call his parents. Poor chap had his eyes cello taped up.

They had no idea he was in Ukraine or even going anywhere near it. It came as a very real surprise to them as to what was going on.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Saw a video this morning of a Russian POW being allowed to call his parents. Poor chap had his eyes cello taped up.

They had no idea he was in Ukraine or even going anywhere near it. It came as a very real surprise to them as to what was going on.

"

Well the Russians are not giving any numbers of killed or wounded soldiers at all… so not surprised! … I think they are worried that if people knew the amounts, that when the war opposition protests in Russia would really start…

We do know that 2 of their troop carrier planes have been shot down… so we know it’s not all going their way!!

Bristol

I got the impression that there are, were a lot of Russian soldiers who did not know or realise they were on an invasion many thought they were going on exercise.

Then Putin gave the order to push though by this time they are locked in

They are soldiers and would most likely be shot on the spot for desertion so the blame is firmly with Putin and his generals

borehamwood

Have to disagree as the BBC is not in the same misinformation league as RThow do you know that there reporting ukraine civilians are ready to fight a gurriella war against russia and there true patriots yet if afghans or iraqis do it there insurgents because there fighting our troops im not saying ukrainians dont have every rightto fight them like that but if there patriots surley those afghans and iraqis were also patriots after all foreign powers also invaded there countrys,most news is propaganda of one sort or another

Ok then pray tell us who you think is telling the truth about the invasion?"

pray tell where i said anyone was telling us the truth about whats going on fact is unless your there watching it with your own eyes u like me has no idea whats going on out there,let me guess you looked at those in iraq as insurgents and terrorists because thats what you were told they were most in iraq looked at them as freedom fighters,ive not said anywhere there isnt a conflict going on out there but lets be real we are being told the story with the slant the west want to push just like russians are being told the story withthe slant on it there leaders want to push,i was just pointing out most news is propaganda ofone srt or another remember trump and russia collusion that we were all fed itslooking more and more like it was a story hillary was pushing but millions still swallowed it hook line and sinker and many still belive it lol

Bristol

Have to disagree as the BBC is not in the same misinformation league as RThow do you know that there reporting ukraine civilians are ready to fight a gurriella war against russia and there true patriots yet if afghans or iraqis do it there insurgents because there fighting our troops im not saying ukrainians dont have every rightto fight them like that but if there patriots surley those afghans and iraqis were also patriots after all foreign powers also invaded there countrys,most news is propaganda of one sort or another

Ok then pray tell us who you think is telling the truth about the invasion?pray tell where i said anyone was telling us the truth about whats going on fact is unless your there watching it with your own eyes u like me has no idea whats going on out there,let me guess you looked at those in iraq as insurgents and terrorists because thats what you were told they were most in iraq looked at them as freedom fighters,ive not said anywhere there isnt a conflict going on out there but lets be real we are being told the story with the slant the west want to push just like russians are being told the story withthe slant on it there leaders want to push,i was just pointing out most news is propaganda ofone srt or another remember trump and russia collusion that we were all fed itslooking more and more like it was a story hillary was pushing but millions still swallowed it hook line and sinker and many still belive it lol"

Iraq was a different situation as it was and to be honest is an oppressive regime Ukrainian is not they want to be more western and are not being allowed to.

borehamwood

Ok then pray tell us who you think is telling the truth about the invasion?pray tell where i said anyone was telling us the truth about whats going on fact is unless your there watching it with your own eyes u like me has no idea whats going on out there,let me guess you looked at those in iraq as insurgents and terrorists because thats what you were told they were most in iraq looked at them as freedom fighters,ive not said anywhere there isnt a conflict going on out there but lets be real we are being told the story with the slant the west want to push just like russians are being told the story withthe slant on it there leaders want to push,i was just pointing out most news is propaganda ofone srt or another remember trump and russia collusion that we were all fed itslooking more and more like it was a story hillary was pushing but millions still swallowed it hook line and sinker and many still belive it lol

Iraq was a different situation as it was and to be honest is an oppressive regime Ukrainian is not they want to be more western and are not being allowed to.

"

who cares ifit was an oppressive regime we invaded them for fuck all so surley they had every right to defend there country against us like most people would stand up to someone invading there country see how news works now you thought they were insurgents because u were told by auntie thats what they were others would of looked at them as patriots because thats what there media was telling them

Newcastle and Gateshead

Ok then pray tell us who you think is telling the truth about the invasion?pray tell where i said anyone was telling us the truth about whats going on fact is unless your there watching it with your own eyes u like me has no idea whats going on out there,let me guess you looked at those in iraq as insurgents and terrorists because thats what you were told they were most in iraq looked at them as freedom fighters,ive not said anywhere there isnt a conflict going on out there but lets be real we are being told the story with the slant the west want to push just like russians are being told the story withthe slant on it there leaders want to push,i was just pointing out most news is propaganda ofone srt or another remember trump and russia collusion that we were all fed itslooking more and more like it was a story hillary was pushing but millions still swallowed it hook line and sinker and many still belive it lol

"

And if you want to use Iraq as an example… actually even Al Jazeera were fairly balanced in their coverage (granted they would show some images that I would necessarily not normally see from western broadcasts)

RT just follow the party line … I think the best example of this is that western journalists ask questions at press conferences they cut away, because a lot of the things asked relate to incidents RT haven’t told their viewers about…. I.e the residential flats in Kiev being bombed!

Bristol

who cares ifit was an oppressive regime we invaded them for fuck all so surley they had every right to defend there country against us like most people would stand up to someone invading there country see how news works now you thought they were insurgents because u were told by auntie thats what they were others would of looked at them as patriots because thats what there media was telling them"

Ah so your ok with oppression then

borehamwood

who cares ifit was an oppressive regime we invaded them for fuck all so surley they had every right to defend there country against us like most people would stand up to someone invading there country see how news works now you thought they were insurgents because u were told by auntie thats what they were others would of looked at them as patriots because thats what there media was telling them

Ah so your ok with oppression then "

as long as its not happening here i really couldnt care less whats going on in the rest of the world,and lets be honest most people dont,obly reason your so vocal at the min is because its on tv,never seen you on here calling out the saudis for chopping up reporters in there embassys or bombing the shitout of there neighbours or how about the isreali goverment keeping millions of people in an open air prison camp,face it mate your only outraged because your being told to be

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

And if you want to use Iraq as an example… actually even Al Jazeera were fairly balanced in their coverage (granted they would show some images that I would necessarily not normally see from western broadcasts)

RT just follow the party line … I think the best example of this is that western journalists ask questions at press conferences they cut away, because a lot of the things asked relate to incidents RT haven’t told their viewers about…. I.e the residential flats in Kiev being bombed! "

1 block has been hit and 4 or 5 apartments hit in that block and i heard this on RT news

borehamwood

Talking of propaganda and fear amazingly ive not seen fuck all about covid on the news for the last few days its like it suddenly isnt a big deal any more

Bristol

Ah so your ok with oppression then as long as its not happening here i really couldnt care less whats going on in the rest of the world,and lets be honest most people dont,obly reason your so vocal at the min is because its on tv,never seen you on here calling out the saudis for chopping up reporters in there embassys or bombing the shitout of there neighbours or how about the isreali goverment keeping millions of people in an open air prison camp,face it mate your only outraged because your being told to be "

Really ok I will leave you to your ramblings

borehamwood

Ah so your ok with oppression then as long as its not happening here i really couldnt care less whats going on in the rest of the world,and lets be honest most people dont,obly reason your so vocal at the min is because its on tv,never seen you on here calling out the saudis for chopping up reporters in there embassys or bombing the shitout of there neighbours or how about the isreali goverment keeping millions of people in an open air prison camp,face it mate your only outraged because your being told to be

Really ok I will leave you to your ramblings "

Ok grandad

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"I just hope that the russians who have family in the ukraine are spreading the word to whats really happening."

What is really happening ?

Who should we believe ?

There are loads of fake videos on YouTube, or are they real ?

worester

RT just follow the party line … I think the best example of this is that western journalists ask questions at press conferences they cut away, because a lot of the things asked relate to incidents RT haven’t told their viewers about…. I.e the residential flats in Kiev being bombed!

1 block has been hit and 4 or 5 apartments hit in that block and i heard this on RT news"

Who reported it was a Ukrainian Anti Aircraft missile.....!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I reckon this could have been averted if... The Americans and Europe negotiated more.

Biden using words like "we ignore russian red lines', igmorig Russian concerns, constantly pushing on Russia has just blown back in their faces.

Not sayiing Russia is squeeky clean or a conflict in Europe was unavoidable but the USA and Europe could have chosen a better tack.,

1 block has been hit and 4 or 5 apartments hit in that block and i heard this on RT news"

RT? you fucking traitor, general _abio will burn you at the stake for high treason

By *tranTV/TS  over a year ago

City

I think its a mistake to ban, I honestly see very little difference between rt and bbc coverage of UK going to IRAQ.

For example the Americans complained that the russians had a kill list, but when they went to iraq they had a kill list so big they named them after cards in a deck of cards.. the king of spades was killed today... BBC & USA msm proudly marking them off.

The only real thing to do is read rt knowing its propoganda, read bbc know its propoganda, know you can never know the truth from the UK, but at least youve seen both sides of the argument.

"I think its a mistake to ban, I honestly see very little difference between rt and bbc coverage of UK going to IRAQ.

For example the Americans complained that the russians had a kill list, but when they went to iraq they had a kill list so big they named them after cards in a deck of cards.. the king of spades was killed today... BBC & USA msm proudly marking them off.

The only real thing to do is read rt knowing its propoganda, read bbc know its propoganda, know you can never know the truth from the UK, but at least youve seen both sides of the argument."

Exactly

RT is still better than watching BBC(buggering British children) and SLY news.. although it’s all shit.

Bristol

"RT is still better than watching BBC(buggering British children) and SLY news.. although it’s all shit."

You actually believe what comes out of RT ?

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

He is Pootin, because he is a total shit. He has lied to his people, he has lied to his soldiers, Russians need to join the Ukrainians and reclaim their freedom from this Dictator and his cabal of cronies.

No surprise here that those who think covid is fake and "Mainstream media" reports fake news also support Putin and blame the EU and Nato

"RT is still better than watching BBC(buggering British children) and SLY news.. although it’s all shit."

While BBC news has a bias towards the Conservatives, it still reports factual information. The BBC world service is excellent also.

Gloucestershire

"No surprise here that those who think covid is fake and "Mainstream media" reports fake news also support Putin and blame the EU and Nato"

His name is #Pootin #shit

Bristol

"RT is still better than watching BBC(buggering British children) and SLY news.. although it’s all shit.

While BBC news has a bias towards the Conservatives, it still reports factual information. The BBC world service is excellent also."

Ah so your ok with oppression then as long as its not happening here i really couldnt care less whats going on in the rest of the world,and lets be honest most people dont,obly reason your so vocal at the min is because its on tv,never seen you on here calling out the saudis for chopping up reporters in there embassys or bombing the shitout of there neighbours or how about the isreali goverment keeping millions of people in an open air prison camp,face it mate your only outraged because your being told to be "

If you don't care about the rest of the world why are you in this thread.

Also, have you heard of full stops?

How hard did the Americans try to cover up the atrocities in Iraq by their own troops.

Until they were exposed by wiki leaks. Anyone who thinks any country tells the truth in war is so niave. The truth is usually in the middle of what the two sides are reporting.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"How hard did the Americans try to cover up the atrocities in Iraq by their own troops.

Until they were exposed by wiki leaks. Anyone who thinks any country tells the truth in war is so niave. The truth is usually in the middle of what the two sides are reporting. "

The new York times also exposed the war crimes but they are not vilified.

borehamwood

Ah so your ok with oppression then as long as its not happening here i really couldnt care less whats going on in the rest of the world,and lets be honest most people dont,obly reason your so vocal at the min is because its on tv,never seen you on here calling out the saudis for chopping up reporters in there embassys or bombing the shitout of there neighbours or how about the isreali goverment keeping millions of people in an open air prison camp,face it mate your only outraged because your being told to be

If you don't care about the rest of the world why are you in this thread.

Also, have you heard of full stops?"

im in the thread because anyone can post in here and yea ive heard of full stops i even use them when writting a letter or e.mail a forum on a swingers site not so much

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

In case anybody missed it. Youtube are ceasing monetisation to RT, pulling certain Russian channels and removing Russian advert media

yumsville

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 00:23:39]

yumsville

Anonymous finally raising their head.. coming out with a statement that they have hacked Russian state TV. BBC are updating that the Kremlin website is down, instead it's playing Ukrainian songs

dudley

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 00:34:15]

yumsville

Anonymous - Putin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s1NP4SoclE&t=8s

"No surprise here that those who think covid is fake and "Mainstream media" reports fake news also support Putin and blame the EU and Nato"

I blame NATO to an extent, 30,40% blame I would say

worester

"No surprise here that those who think covid is fake and "Mainstream media" reports fake news also support Putin and blame the EU and Nato

I blame NATO to an extent, 30,40% blame I would say"

Because?

Neither have invited Ukraine to join....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"No surprise here that those who think covid is fake and "Mainstream media" reports fake news also support Putin and blame the EU and Nato

I blame NATO to an extent, 30,40% blame I would say

Because?

Neither have invited Ukraine to join...."

Exactly… the ambition of joining NATO is written to into the Ukrainian constitution…. And Ukraine is nowhere near meeting the criteria to joining anyway!!!

Actually if two things have happened because of this it’s going to be another push for Ukraine to join the EU, and if anyone is likely to join NATO after what has happened in the last few days, it would be Finland, Norway and Sweden…. And they would stroll in!

yumsville

Well ol Vlad has ordered his military command to put his nuclear deterrences on high alert due to aggressive NATO actions..

Gloucestershire

The Rusbots are working hard today I see.

"RT not showing the film of missiles going into residential buildings but claims that people are being used as human shields….

And they still can’t bear to call it an invasion… it’s still a “special operation”"

There are photos of apprant ukrainian artillery posistions stationed inside residential areas. MLRS up against buildings ect

What RT says could very well be true. sort of

As Russia and most modern forces use automated counter battery systems (Penicillin and 1L271 ect) to defend themselves against incoming. It can automatically respond back with counter-barrages.

There is alot more grey to this than any media be it western or russian is going to tell you

For example

Western media seem to be extremely quiet about the Azoth Battalions that operate in Kiev and in the East. Who are literal Neo-Nazis, who have allegedly committed war crimes themselves

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

1 block has been hit and 4 or 5 apartments hit in that block and i heard this on RT news

Who reported it was a Ukrainian Anti Aircraft missile.....!"

No they didn't they said it was being investigated. Both sides report it with their own slant so best to watch both sides to get a complete picture

Bristol

And they still can’t bear to call it an invasion… it’s still a “special operation”

There are photos of apprant ukrainian artillery posistions stationed inside residential areas. MLRS up against buildings ect

As Russia and most modern forces use automated counter battery systems (Penicillin and 1L271 ect) to defend themselves against incoming. It can automatically respond back with counter-barrages.

There is alot more grey to this than any media be it western or russian is going to tell you

For example

Western media seem to be extremely quiet about the Azoth Battalions that operate in Kiev and in the East. Who are literal Neo-Nazis, who have allegedly committed war crimes themselves

"

Every country has Neo-Nazis Germany, USA and of corse we still have problems with them as well it’s only the fact that we don’t have a gun owning culture that keeps them down a bit.

But this is about an out of control tyrant who is bent on destroying anything that goes against his doctrine.

For example

Every country has Neo-Nazis Germany, USA and of corse we still have problems with them as well it’s only the fact that we don’t have a gun owning culture that keeps them down a bit.

But this is about an out of control tyrant who is bent on destroying anything that goes against his doctrine."

lol what

What neo-nazi groups in this country or the USA that have their own CRBN units

These guys have been operating in the East for years and years and will be the main reason that Putin claims war crimes as one of the reasons he has done what he has done

Bristol

For example

But this is about an out of control tyrant who is bent on destroying anything that goes against his doctrine.

lol what

These guys have been operating in the East for years and years and will be the main reason that Putin claims war crimes as one of the reasons he has done what he has done"

I never said they had arms or anything like the Ukrainian ones and I would not mind betting that he has been funding them as a destabilising tactic.

He has been working on this for years ever since the downfall of the USSR

For example

lol what

These guys have been operating in the East for years and years and will be the main reason that Putin claims war crimes as one of the reasons he has done what he has done

I never said they had arms or anything like the Ukrainian ones and I would not mind betting that he has been funding them as a destabilising tactic.

He has been working on this for years ever since the downfall of the USSR"

They are funded by a Ukrainian Oligarch lol

Bristol

For example

lol what

They are funded by a Ukrainian Oligarch lol"

That you know of! How can you be sure ? Because nothing seems to be the truth according to your point of view

By *use xxxWoman  over a year ago

Megapolis

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 16:04:52]

For example

lol what

That you know of! How can you be sure ? Because nothing seems to be the truth according to your point of view "

Ihor Kolomoyskyi

He also help fund and ran Dnipro-1 which he then used to try to forcefully take over the Ukrnafta energy company

Newcastle and Gateshead

RT just got banned across the entire EU…. That will give the UK and OFCOM the excuse to do the same…

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the lunatic fringe will doubtless find some alternative fifth column news outlet from one of the plethora of whacko far-righty podcasters to source the excrement they need to feed their needy paranoid existance

Gloucestershire

For example

lol what

That you know of! How can you be sure ? Because nothing seems to be the truth according to your point of view

Ihor Kolomoyskyi

He also help fund and ran Dnipro-1 which he then used to try to forcefully take over the Ukrnafta energy company"

So do you think that Russia was legitimate in invading the whole of Ukraine because of what was happening in Eastern Ukraine? Not Disputing the Far-Right Militias information, just want to see what your take on this situation is?

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

George Galloway out of a job then? Hope he's stuck in studio in Moscow with no way back.

For example

lol what

Ihor Kolomoyskyi

He also help fund and ran Dnipro-1 which he then used to try to forcefully take over the Ukrnafta energy company

So do you think that Russia was legitimate in invading the whole of Ukraine because of what was happening in Eastern Ukraine? Not Disputing the Far-Right Militias information, just want to see what your take on this situation is?"

No I never said that did I...

My point is the situation is alot more dynamic and dysfunctional than any media outlet will have tou believe

Bristol

For example

lol what

Ihor Kolomoyskyi

So do you think that Russia was legitimate in invading the whole of Ukraine because of what was happening in Eastern Ukraine? Not Disputing the Far-Right Militias information, just want to see what your take on this situation is?

My point is the situation is alot more dynamic and dysfunctional than any media outlet will have tou believe "

Problems in Ukraine was for Ukraine to sort out not some Russian nutcase to poke his nose in

Gloucestershire

For example

lol what

Ihor Kolomoyskyi

My point is the situation is alot more dynamic and dysfunctional than any media outlet will have tou believe "

Ihor Kolomoyskyi, you mentioned that name, wasn’t he the Ukrainian oligarch which bankrolled the Ukrainian presidents election campaign? Considering what you have mentioned, we know the president is from a Jewish family , so why would his supporter be aligned with Neo Nazis? Doesn’t this feel like it was possibly cooked up? As in my mind the two realities do not connect properly.

dudley

For example

lol what

Ihor Kolomoyskyi

My point is the situation is alot more dynamic and dysfunctional than any media outlet will have tou believe

Ihor Kolomoyskyi, you mentioned that name, wasn’t he the Ukrainian oligarch which bankrolled the Ukrainian presidents election campaign? Considering what you have mentioned, we know the president is from a Jewish family , so why would his supporter be aligned with Neo Nazis? Doesn’t this feel like it was possibly cooked up? As in my mind the two realities do not connect properly. "

He is stuck in the middle and can not run in either direction.

By the way Ukraine recently voted against a Un resolution condemning the glorification of nazism.

along with the trump administration. also 48 countries abstained

Newcastle and Gateshead

Google are to de platform both RT and Sputnik over YouTube across Europe….

the lunatic fringe and the tory culture warriors will be in meltdown on how to fit this level of cancel culture to their various bonkers extremist agendas.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

For example

lol what

Ihor Kolomoyskyi

Problems in Ukraine was for Ukraine to sort out not some Russian nutcase to poke his nose in "

Newcastle and Gateshead

And right on cue OFCOM announce they are investigating RT on 15 separate counts of breaking the uk impartiality in broadcasting rules….

This is the beginning of the end for RT in the UK

all around

"And right on cue OFCOM announce they are investigating RT on 15 separate counts of breaking the uk impartiality in broadcasting rules….

This is the beginning of the end for RT in the UK"

Bit as we aren't in the EU surely the UK can ban it immediately ?

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"And right on cue OFCOM announce they are investigating RT on 15 separate counts of breaking the uk impartiality in broadcasting rules….

Bit as we aren't in the EU surely the UK can ban it immediately ?"

Banning it has nothing to do with being in the EU or not, the decision is Ofcoms to make as they are the independent body that overseas broadcasters in this country.

all around

Banning it has nothing to do with being in the EU or not, the decision is Ofcoms to make as they are the independent body that overseas broadcasters in this country."

The government can ban it immediately,they choose not to

Bristol

Banning it has nothing to do with being in the EU or not, the decision is Ofcoms to make as they are the independent body that overseas broadcasters in this country.

The government can ban it immediately,they choose not to"

That’s the difference between the uk and a police state it’s probably not so simple

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

I think you will find they can't. We have ofcom in this country for a reason, that being that our media organisations are not state controlled and are independent.

Newcastle and Gateshead

They can’t… OFCOM are the body that grant and revoke broadcast licenses

near ipswich

The uk is not a dictatorship they cant.

For example

lol what

Ihor Kolomoyskyi

Problems in Ukraine was for Ukraine to sort out not some Russian nutcase to poke his nose in "

Well shame the West doesnt live by those rules either

Newcastle and Gateshead

Bye bye RT … it was nice knowing you!!!!!

It’s been taken off air! (And in before any of you slam the uk government… it didn’t end up being their decision!!)

I may put down what has happened because it’s fascinating… but I might let the Russians sympathisers stew a bit first…

all around

"Bye bye RT … it was nice knowing you!!!!!

It’s been taken off air! (And in before any of you slam the uk government… it didn’t end up being their decision!!)

I may put down what has happened because it’s fascinating… but I might let the Russians sympathisers stew a bit first… "

I actually watched it for the first time the other night, I previously didn't even know it existed.

They did a very convincing rewrite of WW2, kinda Walt Disney fantasy with a twist.

near ipswich

I may put down what has happened because it’s fascinating… but I might let the Russians sympathisers stew a bit first… "

Good i was watching it for a bit this morning and the propaganda was laughable.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Anonymous hacker collective?

Newcastle and Gateshead

I may put down what has happened because it’s fascinating… but I might let the Russians sympathisers stew a bit first…

Anonymous hacker collective?"

The website maybe… but the TV transmission.. nope!

Newcastle and Gateshead

The answer…. Because sky uk get their RT feed via a satellite operator in Luxembourg and from there is distributed, it falls under the EU jurisdiction… and with the EU banning RT across Europe.. the distributor complied with the order when the edict became official, which was this after… order went into effect at 4pm, was taken offline at 5pm

So yes…. How many of you are going to thank your EU friends now… will all the RT viewers try out Al Jazeera to see if they can get their fix?

near ipswich

"The answer…. Because sky uk get their RT feed via a satellite operator in Luxembourg and from there is distributed, it falls under the EU jurisdiction… and with the EU banning RT across Europe.. the distributor complied with the order when the edict became official, which was this after… order went into effect at 4pm, was taken offline at 5pm

So yes…. How many of you are going to thank your EU friends now… will all the RT viewers try out Al Jazeera to see if they can get their fix? "

To be fair i watch Al Jazeera quiet often and find the coverage pretty good and enjoy their 1/2 specials on different subjects.

Cancel your BBC license fee , we are the propaganda machines and nothing wrong or hurtful watching alternate news like RT , when did our corrupt news channels cover the Ukraines are using chemical weapons fighting dirty and the UK is the second biggest Arms dealers so we want war not peace , where was all the tears when we where Blowing afghan and Iraqi children out of there bedrooms ?

dudley

"Cancel your BBC license fee , we are the propaganda machines and nothing wrong or hurtful watching alternate news like RT , when did our corrupt news channels cover the Ukraines are using chemical weapons fighting dirty and the UK is the second biggest Arms dealers so we want war not peace , where was all the tears when we where Blowing afghan and Iraqi children out of there bedrooms ?"

I never seen that on the BBC so it is not true.

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Cancel your BBC license fee , we are the propaganda machines and nothing wrong or hurtful watching alternate news like RT , when did our corrupt news channels cover the Ukraines are using chemical weapons fighting dirty and the UK is the second biggest Arms dealers so we want war not peace , where was all the tears when we where Blowing afghan and Iraqi children out of there bedrooms ?"

Chemical weapons? Where did you get that info from?

[Removed by poster at 02/03/22 21:14:13]

Calm down comrade, have a swig of vodka and a bowl of your favourite solyanka. Then if possible post something less angry and more coherent.

all around

spasibo tovarishch

dudley

"Cancel your BBC license fee , we are the propaganda machines and nothing wrong or hurtful watching alternate news like RT , when did our corrupt news channels cover the Ukraines are using chemical weapons fighting dirty and the UK is the second biggest Arms dealers so we want war not peace , where was all the tears when we where Blowing afghan and Iraqi children out of there bedrooms ?

spasibo tovarishch"

But seriously innocent people did die in Iraq which was a lie and Afghanistan to get one man.

all around

"Cancel your BBC license fee , we are the propaganda machines and nothing wrong or hurtful watching alternate news like RT , when did our corrupt news channels cover the Ukraines are using chemical weapons fighting dirty and the UK is the second biggest Arms dealers so we want war not peace , where was all the tears when we where Blowing afghan and Iraqi children out of there bedrooms ?

spasibo tovarishch

But seriously innocent people did die in Iraq which was a lie and Afghanistan to get one man."

If you want to be taken seriously then rethink your type of post maybe ?

dudley

spasibo tovarishch

But seriously innocent people did die in Iraq which was a lie and Afghanistan to get one man.

If you want to be taken seriously then rethink your type of post maybe ?"

Look the other way if you are easily offended by the factual truth.

Norfolk/Suffolk

spasibo tovarishch

Look the other way if you are easily offended by the factual truth."

Cherry picked factual truth posted entirely to cause arguements.

dudley

spasibo tovarishch

Look the other way if you are easily offended by the factual truth.

Cherry picked factual truth posted entirely to cause arguements."

UK military personnel never died there then?

all around

spasibo tovarishch

Look the other way if you are easily offended by the factual truth."

Like I said above, it's very effective

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Not withstanding the unfolding tragedy in Ukraine and the fact that RT is basically Putin's personal propaganda machine.... there are times when some of the shit on there is comedy gold!"

"This service is currently not available"

Bristol

Well looks like offom have taken that crap off the tv

Norfolk/Suffolk

Well looks like offom have taken that crap off the tv "

It was the EU. It's transmitted by a French satellite for Sky. Nothing to do with anyone in the UK

the UK are lumbering and bumbling about while the EU takes decisive action yet again. this 2019 conservative and unionist party administration in particular is constantly so far behind the curve on the world stage when it comes to acting with even the slightest modicum of swiftness when action is needed.

Bristol

"the UK are lumbering and bumbling about while the EU takes decisive action yet again. this 2019 conservative and unionist party administration in particular is constantly so far behind the curve on the world stage when it comes to acting with even the slightest modicum of swiftness when action is needed."

Ask Germany about the helmets they sent at the start

The uk has always stepped up!

"The uk has always stepped up!

"

meanwhile ... in the real world, out of the now 1 imillion refugees in the EU since the war began, the UK won't even allow imediate family of dual ukranian uk citizens to join them in the uk. the government needs to stop dragging it's feet and get on with at least catching halfway up with the efforts of the EU.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"The uk has always stepped up!

meanwhile ... in the real world, out of the now 1 imillion refugees in the EU since the war began, the UK won't even allow imediate family of dual ukranian uk citizens to join them in the uk. the government needs to stop dragging it's feet and get on with at least catching halfway up with the efforts of the EU. "

Don't be ridiculous, they might lose the Daily Mail if they show any form of compassion for human beings.

For example

lol what

Ihor Kolomoyskyi

Ihor Kolomoyskyi, you mentioned that name, wasn’t he the Ukrainian oligarch which bankrolled the Ukrainian presidents election campaign? Considering what you have mentioned, we know the president is from a Jewish family , so why would his supporter be aligned with Neo Nazis? Doesn’t this feel like it was possibly cooked up? As in my mind the two realities do not connect properly. "

Look up Stepan Bandera

supporters are Banderites

worester

I may put down what has happened because it’s fascinating… but I might let the Russians sympathisers stew a bit first… Good i was watching it for a bit this morning and the propaganda was laughable."

As per my OP...comedy gold at times

worester

Chemical weapons? Where did you get that info from?"

Made it up as usual!!

» Add a new message to this topic