FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sanctions against Russia

Sanctions against Russia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Not sure which thread this was relevant to hence the new one but surely we can all agree that the responses of the IOC and FIFA have been nothing short of pathetic IE you can still compete, just not using your flag or anthem

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

think there are more sanctions than football

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Not sure which thread this was relevant to hence the new one but surely we can all agree that the responses of the IOC and FIFA have been nothing short of pathetic IE you can still compete, just not using your flag or anthem "

I think they will soon change their tune it’s early days there will be too much pressure on them to go further

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It seems that at the end of this we are going to have some serious words with those who have been relatively non committal to this global effort. But it does prove one thing people move governments in a Democracy, and the sooner Organisations realise that it is not them who set the tone of the agenda but us, the better.

nr faversham

"It seems that at the end of this we are going to have some serious words with those who have been relatively non committal to this global effort. But it does prove one thing people move governments in a Democracy, and the sooner Organisations realise that it is not them who set the tone of the agenda but us, the better."

And yet Roc are still competing in the Paralympics. Shameful

Gloucestershire

"It seems that at the end of this we are going to have some serious words with those who have been relatively non committal to this global effort. But it does prove one thing people move governments in a Democracy, and the sooner Organisations realise that it is not them who set the tone of the agenda but us, the better.

And yet Roc are still competing in the Paralympics. Shameful "

Like I said, after this situation, it will have to be discussed.

Bristol

"It seems that at the end of this we are going to have some serious words with those who have been relatively non committal to this global effort. But it does prove one thing people move governments in a Democracy, and the sooner Organisations realise that it is not them who set the tone of the agenda but us, the better.

And yet Roc are still competing in the Paralympics. Shameful "

At the moment

nr faversham

Like I said, after this situation, it will have to be discussed. "

FFS how long and how much does it take????

Gloucestershire

FFS how long and how much does it take????"

All good things.

nr faversham

All good things."

Meanwhile we stand in solidarity with Ukraine. Do you not see how wrong this is????

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Not sure which thread this was relevant to hence the new one but surely we can all agree that the responses of the IOC and FIFA have been nothing short of pathetic IE you can still compete, just not using your flag or anthem "

FIFA are going to change their minds if Poland, Sweden and the Czech Republic decide to stick with the policy of not playing them….

Also UEFA are going to have a decision to make soon with regards to participation in the nations league, and at the womens euro in the summer

I think they will jump quicker than fifa

nr faversham

"Not sure which thread this was relevant to hence the new one but surely we can all agree that the responses of the IOC and FIFA have been nothing short of pathetic IE you can still compete, just not using your flag or anthem

FIFA are going to change their minds if Poland, Sweden and the Czech Republic decide to stick with the policy of not playing them….

Also UEFA are going to have a decision to make soon with regards to participation in the nations league, and at the womens euro in the summer

I think they will jump quicker than fifa "

"Are going to", "we will block them from swift", it's ridiculous and not as if this invasion came as a surprise. But wait, there were all those sanctions the minute Russian troops set foot in Ukraine...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Not sure which thread this was relevant to hence the new one but surely we can all agree that the responses of the IOC and FIFA have been nothing short of pathetic IE you can still compete, just not using your flag or anthem

"Are going to", "we will block them from swift", it's ridiculous and not as if this invasion came as a surprise. But wait, there were all those sanctions the minute Russian troops set foot in Ukraine..."

Polish FA have told FIFA they will not play Russia at a neutral venue.. so that in itself is going to force them to make a decision… double so if Sweden and the Czech Republic stand firm as well

Gloucestershire

All good things.

Meanwhile we stand in solidarity with Ukraine. Do you not see how wrong this is????"

It is, but Rome wasn't built in a day

nr faversham

"Are going to", "we will block them from swift", it's ridiculous and not as if this invasion came as a surprise. But wait, there were all those sanctions the minute Russian troops set foot in Ukraine...

Polish FA have told FIFA they will not play Russia at a neutral venue.. so that in itself is going to force them to make a decision… double so if Sweden and the Czech Republic stand firm as well "

You're winding me up

nr faversham

All good things.

Meanwhile we stand in solidarity with Ukraine. Do you not see how wrong this is????

It is, but Rome wasn't built in a day"

No, but these sanctions could've been imposed immediately. Again, I ask do you not see how pathetic the western response is? Just for once, acknowledge the complete failings

Gloucestershire

All good things.

No, but these sanctions could've been imposed immediately. Again, I ask do you not see how pathetic the western response is? Just for once, acknowledge the complete failings "

Could have, should have, would have. But we are here now, and things are set in motion, gears of governments are slow, they are not as fast as people think.

nr faversham

All good things.

No, but these sanctions could've been imposed immediately. Again, I ask do you not see how pathetic the western response is? Just for once, acknowledge the complete failings

Could have, should have, would have. But we are here now, and things are set in motion, gears of governments are slow, they are not as fast as people think. "

And that makes it alright? Unforgivable

Gloucestershire

All good things.

Could have, should have, would have. But we are here now, and things are set in motion, gears of governments are slow, they are not as fast as people think.

And that makes it alright? Unforgivable"

Faux rage isn't going to stop what is.

nr faversham

All good things.

And that makes it alright? Unforgivable

Faux rage isn't going to stop what is. "

If that's all you've got I'll say goodnight

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 28/02/22 13:21:42]

Newcastle and Gateshead

Polish FA have told FIFA they will not play Russia at a neutral venue.. so that in itself is going to force them to make a decision… double so if Sweden and the Czech Republic stand firm as well

You're winding me up"

Poland are due to play Russia in the World Cup playoffs next Month…winner then has to play the winner of the Sweden Czech Republic game a few days later!

If all 3 refused to play Russia.. fifa are not going to kick them all out and give Russia a free ride to the finals!!

Do you know anything about football?

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

You're winding me up

Poland are due to play Russia in the World Cup playoffs next Month…winner then has to play the winner of the Sweden Czech Republic game a few days later!

If all 3 refused to play Russia.. fifa are not going to kick them all out and give Russia a free ride to the finals!!

Do you know anything about football? "

Aggressive Russia forcing and holding Europe to ransom forcing it to buy and use its molecules of aggression, that is according to the USA, molecules of freedom from the USA are on the way. stop buying Russian gas.

Newcastle and Gateshead

It looks as if the IOC are telling all sports to ban Russian and Belarusian athletes…. Which now leaves china to make a decision regarding the Paralympics due to start Friday… hmmm

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Putin has managed to get Germany to change it's position on defense spending, Galvanised a normally fragmented EU, managed to get Switzerland to drop it's neutral stance and align with EU Sanctions, Convinces neutral Sweden to supply lethal aid, a Russian ally Kazakhstan to refuse to supply troops, pissed off most of the world, and even support from China has cooled. I don't think he was expecting any of that, sport is the least of his problems.

nr faversham

"It looks as if the IOC are telling all sports to ban Russian and Belarusian athletes…. Which now leaves china to make a decision regarding the Paralympics due to start Friday… hmmm"

I think they can compete under a neutral flag in which case sod all punishment continues

"It looks as if the IOC are telling all sports to ban Russian and Belarusian athletes…. Which now leaves china to make a decision regarding the Paralympics due to start Friday… hmmm

I think they can compete under a neutral flag in which case sod all punishment continues "

It looks like this time the IOC have gone beyond that.

(IOC) recommends that Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials are banned from participating in any organised international competitions.

And now FIFA are suspending Russia until 'further notice' ... not that FIFA had much choice given that everyone else was refusing to play Russia.

Serious question....

Why are we not sanctioning the Israeli football team?

Bristol

"Serious question....

"

What! ?

dudley

"Serious question....

"

They will laugh at you, then ignore you, then try destroy you for a comment like that.

Love and peace you will not get.

Newcastle and Gateshead

And down go Russia…. UEFA and FIFA both suspend the national teams….

No World Cup or nations league for the men…

No euros for the women….

Club sides as well banned from European football till further notice

nr faversham

"It looks as if the IOC are telling all sports to ban Russian and Belarusian athletes…. Which now leaves china to make a decision regarding the Paralympics due to start Friday… hmmm

I think they can compete under a neutral flag in which case sod all punishment continues

It looks like this time the IOC have gone beyond that.

(IOC) recommends that Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials are banned from participating in any organised international competitions.

And now FIFA are suspending Russia until 'further notice' ... not that FIFA had much choice given that everyone else was refusing to play Russia."

Good and about bloody time too

dudley

It looks like mr putin is preventing and freezing foreign assets from leaving Russia. I was wondering why BP came out with their statement.

nr faversham

Could one of the many know it alls on here advise exactly why sanctions are slow and steadily being ramped up rather than hit him with everything and ease them down as he backs off????

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Football games are not sanctions

nr faversham

"Football games are not sanctions "

A blanket ban on all global sport would've been a start

"Football games are not sanctions

A blanket ban on all global sport would've been a start"

Would you do the same to all nations involved in illegal wars or occupations?

How about Saudi Arabia? Israel? Should the UK and USA have been during the Iraq war?

Would you do so

nr faversham

How about Saudi Arabia? Israel? Should the UK and USA have been during the Iraq war?

Would you do so "

Typical cop-out comment. I would ban Russian competitors for their govts illegal war. Everything else you mention is smoke and mirrors

Would you do so

Typical cop-out comment. I would ban Russian competitors for their govts illegal war. Everything else you mention is smoke and mirrors "

Surely yours is the cop out.

Do you believe all illegal wars should be treated equally?

Yemen? Iraq? Palestine? Ukraine?

Are they the same or inherently different?

nr faversham

Would you do so

Typical cop-out comment. I would ban Russian competitors for their govts illegal war. Everything else you mention is smoke and mirrors

Surely yours is the cop out.

Do you believe all illegal wars should be treated equally?

Yemen? Iraq? Palestine? Ukraine?

Are they the same or inherently different?"

Is it hell. The thread is about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. You accept that it is an invasion I assume? Not a military operation? If you want to discuss the rights and wrongs of anything else, start up another thread

I of course accept it is an invasion. A brutal and horrendous invasion. Full sympathy and solidarity with people facing those horrors

I just spot the hypocrisy when Celtic fans were fined for waving Palestine flags yet Ukraine flags are everywhere. When a brutal war on Yemen still has the Saudi team in world football.

So I ask are we saying that all wars should lead to sporting bans or just this one?

nr faversham

"I of course accept it is an invasion. A brutal and horrendous invasion. Full sympathy and solidarity with people facing those horrors

I just spot the hypocrisy when Celtic fans were fined for waving Palestine flags yet Ukraine flags are everywhere. When a brutal war on Yemen still has the Saudi team in world football.

So I ask are we saying that all wars should lead to sporting bans or just this one? "

You cannot deal with all the problems of the world in a sentence or in one thread. Post another thread asking your question and see what happens

I just wondered your opinion. Seems yours is the cop out.

I have said mine. I'd apply the same sanction to Saudi Arabia, Israel and Russia. Would you?

Bristol

No maatter the outcome of all of this and I have no real doupt there will be a face saving deal for Putin in some form or another.

The UK along with all the other countries need to keep sanctions on full bore for the forseable future and kick all the olygarchs out of London and surrounding areas and cancel all visas.

nr faversham

"I just wondered your opinion. Seems yours is the cop out.

I have said mine. I'd apply the same sanction to Saudi Arabia, Israel and Russia. Would you?"

Yes

» Add a new message to this topic