FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Did Putin threaten nuclear war?

Did Putin threaten nuclear war?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Basically, yes.

He is playing hardball, and daring anyone to call his bluff, and putting his population on the line as collateral, regardless of whether they consented to it or not.

The stakes couldn't get much higher, to be honest.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Special Session being called at the UN, very rare considering what is happening.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

If he feels anymore cornered I wouldn’t put it past him! I think he’ll start small & show everyone he doesn’t make empty threats. He’s already alluded to this saying no Russia/no planet.

He’s been building up to this for years!

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Basically, yes.

He is playing hardball, and daring anyone to call his bluff, and putting his population on the line as collateral, regardless of whether they consented to it or not.

"

Indeed. I've not felt this worried since the Thatcher - Reagan - Brezhnev era.

To be fair, this actually seems more immediate.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I read an article last night which stated by his appearance and erratic behaviour they think he’s taking steroids . This could be making his narcissistic tendencies even more pronounced. One worrying thing about the article was that Russians at the top don’t tend to argue with him. So he has no idea how mad he’s got! Madman with a finger on the button!

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Basically, yes.

To be fair, this actually seems more immediate."

I lived through the cold war including the Reagan/Thatcher/Brezhnev era.

Then, no matter how many sabre's were rattled, we all knew that mutually assured destruction (MAD) kept us safe. In those days I didn't worry too much about nuclear war for that very reason. The rhetoric may have been there but the heads were pretty level.

Putin always came across as an evil bastard, but a cool rather calculating one. This last few months/weeks he seems to have lost the plot and I'm a damn site more scared now than I ever was in the 70's/80's.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Basically, yes.

Then, no matter how many sabre's were rattled, we all knew that mutually assured destruction (MAD) kept us safe. In those days I didn't worry too much about nuclear war for that very reason. The rhetoric may have been there but the heads were pretty level.

Putin always came across as an evil bastard, but a cool rather calculating one. This last few months/weeks he seems to have lost the plot and I'm a damn site more scared now than I ever was in the 70's/80's."

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

Did he?

He already said he would use force like no one has seen before. That's his nukes.

Then a few days later he made it a little clearer.

Why would he give two warnings? He's clearly an egomaniac, he would just press the button and not bother warning anyone, let alone twice

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"Basically, yes.

Putin always came across as an evil bastard, but a cool rather calculating one. This last few months/weeks he seems to have lost the plot and I'm a damn site more scared now than I ever was in the 70's/80's."

By *nd-DCouple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Just been listening to the song Russians by sting.

The words are very relevant right now.

Let’s hope the Russians love their children too.

Ayr

"Basically, yes.

I'd have to agree.

Ayr

"I read an article last night which stated by his appearance and erratic behaviour they think he’s taking steroids . This could be making his narcissistic tendencies even more pronounced. One worrying thing about the article was that Russians at the top don’t tend to argue with him. So he has no idea how mad he’s got! Madman with a finger on the button! "

Roid-rage? Fuck me. That would be a really stupid reason for a nuke to get launched.

I think he might have a brain tumor. But I'm not a doctor so it doesn't matter what I think about his health.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The ignorance shown on this thread by posters is genuinely mind blowing....

Does anyone here actually know anything about Putin or do you all think he's Hitler because the sun newspaper and bbc tell you he is....

Come on people, remember weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?, the story is deeper than cheap tabloid headlines and BBC bias.....

Manchester

"I read an article last night which stated by his appearance and erratic behaviour they think he’s taking steroids . This could be making his narcissistic tendencies even more pronounced. One worrying thing about the article was that Russians at the top don’t tend to argue with him. So he has no idea how mad he’s got! Madman with a finger on the button!

Roid-rage? Fuck me. That would be a really stupid reason for a nuke to get launched.

I think he might have a brain tumor. But I'm not a doctor so it doesn't matter what I think about his health."

Stupid indeed and if I was accusing him of taking steroids I would be close enough to know. . Having said I was reading gives you a clue of the reference to my post.

He’s no fool so to act as he’s done recently doesn’t fit with a man who’s managed to steel billions keep himself in power and influence global including U.K. politics so much.

If it’s a calculated decision to invade Ukraine it doesn’t seem to fit with his previous well calculated approach.

Paranoia? Look at the stupid staged meetings with his advisors being 50ft away from his desk.

Is that rational?

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Just been listening to the song Russians by sting.

Let’s hope the Russians love their children too. "

Find "The tide is turning" Roger Waters on Radio Chaos and the last track in his The Wall concerts.

Satellite buzzing through the endless night

Exclusive to moonshots and world title fights

Jesus Christ imagine what it must be earning

Who is the strongest

Who is the best

Who holds the aces

The East

Or the West

Putin has always had his Nukes in a state of readiness, he claimed they were on stand-by during Crimea a few years ago. He already knows NATOs response is always in a state of alert.

He's reminding us know they are available, just as much as our are available. I've said before, if came to crunch he may nuke a city then ask NATO if they want more, although I did see someone today say he'd probably set one off at night hight over the North Sea where most of Europe would be aware of the flash and his willingness to use.

As others have said, I've also lived through the Cold War and today feels more likely than any other time that it's possible, though as yet, sabre rattling.

Russia put the blame on Luz Truss but I think its more mis-aimed at Ben Wallace's- live microphone stupidity - last week in claiming we'd kick their Ass's out of Crimea. Anyone hearing what he said could be taken it as a threat as I did and said at the time, he needs to watch his mouth.

NATO, the EU and USA need to stop bragging of the superb weapons they are sending and just quietly send. Next Putin will announce, anyone supporting Ukraine with Lethal Aid will be seen as an active aggression and Act of War on Russia with consequences in doing so.

One thing I do know, if it's to be, it will be and there is nothing neither you or I can do to stop it.

So carry on as best you can and hope Russian leaders see sense.

[Removed by poster at 28/02/22 17:07:07]

That was due to covid precautions

And he meets his close circle just as anyone else does.

Manchester

"That was due to covid precautions

And he meets his close circle just as anyone else does. "

His close team 50ft away ? You’re having a laugh. He’s paranoid . Whether that’s over covid or threats I’ve no idea but definitely paranoid behaviour.

Manchester

Find "The tide is turning" Roger Waters on Radio Chaos and the last track in his The Wall concerts.

Who is the strongest

Who is the best

Who holds the aces

The East

Or the West

Putin has always had his Nukes in a state of readiness, he claimed they were on stand-by during Crimea a few years ago. He already knows NATOs response is always in a state of alert.

He's reminding us know they are available, just as much as our are available. I've said before, if came to crunch he may nuke a city then ask NATO if they want more, although I did see someone today say he'd probably set one off at night hight over the North Sea where most of Europe would be aware of the flash and his willingness to use.

As others have said, I've also lived through the Cold War and today feels more likely than any other time that it's possible, though as yet, sabre rattling.

Russia put the blame on Luz Truss but I think its more mis-aimed at Ben Wallace's- live microphone stupidity - last week in claiming we'd kick their Ass's out of Crimea. Anyone hearing what he said could be taken it as a threat as I did and said at the time, he needs to watch his mouth.

NATO, the EU and USA need to stop bragging of the superb weapons they are sending and just quietly send. Next Putin will announce, anyone supporting Ukraine with Lethal Aid will be seen as an active aggression and Act of War on Russia with consequences in doing so.

One thing I do know, if it's to be, it will be and there is nothing neither you or I can do to stop it.

"

I think the sending of weapons is a double edged sword ( excuse the pun). If they say nothing the home population scream why aren’t we help in? But if they announce the other side claim shush don’t piss of the bear! They can’t win.

You’re other points are good. In relation to Liz and Ben . Amateurs? Loud bragging and indiscriminate chatter from ministers who are not smart enough to realise how dangerous their comments are.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Special Session being called at the UN, very rare considering what is happening."

It’s a get around because nothing can be done in the security council because of the Russian veto (Russia is also actually chairperson of the security council at the moment)

So France and Mexico proposed that the security council vote for a special session in the general assembly to get around this as it’s a straight vote Russia can’t block… 11 for, 1 against, 3 abstained

Which now means that all 180 countries get to if they want make a speech on where they stand… session 1 was a fascinating watch, it was basically a Russia pile on! Session 2 starts soon.. vote likely to come Wednesday… but the resolution tabled will in theory not be legally binding under international law, but will give countries an excuse to pile on more sanctions if Russia don’t comply!

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"That was due to covid precautions

And he meets his close circle just as anyone else does.

His close team 50ft away ? You’re having a laugh. He’s paranoid . Whether that’s over covid or threats I’ve no idea but definitely paranoid behaviour. "

Probably worried someone is going to bump him off

I don't think Putin has a red button that would launch nuclear warheads. There should be a chain of commands. Even if Putin loses his mind, no one else would risk their lives and their family's lives.

Manchester

"I don't think Putin has a red button that would launch nuclear warheads. There should be a chain of commands. Even if Putin loses his mind, no one else would risk their lives and their family's lives."

This apparently happened in 1983 when a failure in their system told a Soviet Missile silo that the USSR was under attack. The guy with the trigger refused to launch . Luckily for all.

"I don't think Putin has a red button that would launch nuclear warheads. There should be a chain of commands. Even if Putin loses his mind, no one else would risk their lives and their family's lives.

This apparently happened in 1983 when a failure in their system told a Soviet Missile silo that the USSR was under attack. The guy with the trigger refused to launch . Luckily for all.

"

Yeah I have heard of it. Reminds me of Dr.Strangelove film.

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

Who is the strongest

Who is the best

Who holds the aces

The East

Or the West

"

Russian Leaders? Plural?....there is only one dictator in charge there.

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"I don't think Putin has a red button that would launch nuclear warheads. There should be a chain of commands. Even if Putin loses his mind, no one else would risk their lives and their family's lives.

Yeah I have heard of it. Reminds me of Dr.Strangelove film."

Or war games..?

Or war games..?"

Haven't really watched that one yet

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Yeah I have heard of it. Reminds me of Dr.Strangelove film."

Great film and shows the lunacy of war.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

dr strangelove also gave birth to the conspiracy theorist .... it was this film that created the flouride myth and has lead to the rise of lunatic fringe and their bonkers belief in RT, alex jones, joe rogan, mohadib etc etc

dudley

"dr strangelove also gave birth to the conspiracy theorist .... it was this film that created the flouride myth and has lead to the rise of lunatic fringe and their bonkers belief in RT, alex jones, joe rogan, mohadib etc etc "

Do tell what is this about fluoride?

"Do tell what is this about fluoride? "

and there's you saying what a great film it is.

dudley

"Do tell what is this about fluoride?

and there's you saying what a great film it is."

It is, so what about this fluoride myth.

watch the film

dudley

"watch the film "

I have what about this myth.

watch the film

dudley

OK I will break it down for you. the real threat is not from your enemy it is from your own government.

That is the jist of the fluoride quote in the film.

you clearly need to Actually watch the film

dudley

"you clearly need to Actually watch the film "

OK before I do what do you make of the fluoride quote?

Longridge

I was part of United Utilities testing and preparing for the application of Flouride to water.

Government wanted it, water companies rejected mass medication. Currently not done, but has started to gain traction again.

Longridge

There was also injection of polyphosphate to 'line' lead pipes to stop ingress of lead into drinking water.

Results were too varied so was whole idea was abandoned and lead pipe replacement schemes set up.

dudley

"I was part of United Utilities testing and preparing for the application of Flouride to water.

Government wanted it, water companies rejected mass medication. Currently not done, but has started to gain traction again."

Is that why toothpaste packaging in America have a toxic warning sign on them if they contain fluoride.

Ayr

Or war games..?

Haven't really watched that one yet"

Wargames was a kid's film with a pretty realistic opening sequence (for the time).

The premise was putting a computer in charge of when to use strategic nuclear weapons. Eventually, that led to ideas like The Terminator.

If you want a good film on computer control - and an interesting outcome, watch Colossus: The Forbin Project, from 1970.

Obviously, it's dated in terms of its tech - but the ideas in it are still worth considering; especially since AI is creeping ever closer.

Strangelove is so brilliant because it takes every possible failsafe for illegal or accidental use of nuclear weapons - and it fails them; due to human error and bad luck.

If you liked the film - read the book, too: Red Alert (1958) by Peter George (Peter Bryant).

Fail Safe (1964 - not the remake) is another good film based on another good book (1962).

» Add a new message to this topic