FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Putin Conductor Cancelled

Putin Conductor Cancelled

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently a Russian music conductor with close ties to Putin faces being cancelled from appearing with orchestras if he does not publically condemn Putin. Should this be allowed ? Is this fair?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Is it fair on the footballers? The football fans? The banks? The people who are queuing at the banks to get their money out? The Russian soldiers, their families? Of course it’s not fair! None of it is fair. But it’s necessary.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I think fairness went out the window when Putin put his nukes on standby.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it fair for him to get a pie in the face

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Is it fair for him to get a pie in the face "

Of course

Chelmsford

"I think fairness went out the window when Putin put his nukes on standby.

"

To be fair I would guess that the nukes of every nation are permanently on standby.

He might get toppled from within

Chelmsford

I am against Putin and the Russian Invasion by the way.

I think it was the foreign secretary said that it would be good if Ukrainians living in the UK went back to Ukraine to fight. The Defence Secretary gave a different view. What gets me is that we encourage Ukrainians to go back and fight yet we block those who left and fought for IS IS.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Apparently a Russian music conductor with close ties to Putin faces being cancelled from appearing with orchestras if he does not publically condemn Putin. Should this be allowed ? Is this fair?"

Why ?

The more people close to Putin that have a "normal" life are more likely to overthrow him to maintain that "normal" life

Chelmsford

I get it now thank you for rationalizing that for me

"I am against Putin and the Russian Invasion by the way.

I think it was the foreign secretary said that it would be good if Ukrainians living in the UK went back to Ukraine to fight. The Defence Secretary gave a different view. What gets me is that we encourage Ukrainians to go back and fight yet we block those who left and fought for IS IS. "

Fought against ISIS ?

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

I think it was the foreign secretary said that it would be good if Ukrainians living in the UK went back to Ukraine to fight. The Defence Secretary gave a different view. What gets me is that we encourage Ukrainians to go back and fight yet we block those who left and fought for IS IS.

Fought against ISIS ? "

Weren't they called the moderate rebels in syria.?

Fought against ISIS ?

Weren't they called the moderate rebels in syria.?"

Those are the ones

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Well, hopefully when his mates get so pissed off with sanctions and cancellations that they go and tell him to stop the stupidity..

Was it fair that little Polina's last image was her family being shot to pieces before she died?

Was it fair to be driven over in a tank in your car?

Was it fair to kill kids in a kindergartens?

Is it fair to kill elderly ladies on the street and in their homes?

No, the whole of Russia should be treated as the pariah state its proven to be until this idiocy ends. When they realise the issue is their own government, then things might change and the only way to achieve that is shut them all off.

They should be isolated in everything as North Korea and Iran until such point they respect other human beings.

dudley

"Well, hopefully when his mates get so pissed off with sanctions and cancellations that they go and tell him to stop the stupidity..

Was it fair that little Polina's last image was her family being shot to pieces before she died?

No, the whole of Russia should be treated as the pariah state its proven to be until this idiocy ends. When they realise the issue is their own government, then things might change and the only way to achieve that is shut them all off.

They should be isolated in everything as North Korea and Iran until such point they respect other human beings."

Deluded response.

So the west supporting Isis in Syria the so called moderate head choppers is OK with you, when the same head choppers killed UK military personnel in Afghanistan.

Good guys in Syria bad guys in Afghanistan.

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 28/02/22 17:57:13]

Longridge

Think you need to go back and reread. Don't remember even mentioning ISIS or Syria..

dudley

We're did north Korea and Iran come from. Deflection at its best.

"We're did north Korea and Iran come from. Deflection at its best."

I read it as giving context to how Russia should be treated ie isolate Russia in the same way Iran and N Korea have been, no deflection there?... maybe our screens display different context

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

" What gets me is that we encourage Ukrainians to go back and fight yet we block those who left and fought for IS IS. "

this country is full of ironies. we fought isis/taliban because we were against medieval ideology existing in the 21st century ... yet as a nation we are planning to celebrate the longevity of the head of a medieval ideology this summer with bank holidays and street parties.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

" What gets me is that we encourage Ukrainians to go back and fight yet we block those who left and fought for IS IS.

this country is full of ironies. we fought isis/taliban because we were against medieval ideology existing in the 21st century ... yet as a nation we are planning to celebrate the longevity of the head of a medieval ideology this summer with bank holidays and street parties. "

What medieval ideology is that then ?

Longridge

"We're did north Korea and Iran come from. Deflection at its best.

I read it as giving context to how Russia should be treated ie isolate Russia in the same way Iran and N Korea have been, no deflection there?... maybe our screens display different context"

I'm sure that's what I meant..

Put Russia back to pre 1986 Glasnost isolation until they say they say they want to play nicely again.

dudley

[Removed by poster at 28/02/22 20:24:00]

dudley

After you and good luck with your ousting of a democraticly elected president.

dudley

It is not Venezuela.

" What gets me is that we encourage Ukrainians to go back and fight yet we block those who left and fought for IS IS.

this country is full of ironies. we fought isis/taliban because we were against medieval ideology existing in the 21st century ... yet as a nation we are planning to celebrate the longevity of the head of a medieval ideology this summer with bank holidays and street parties.

What medieval ideology is that then ?"

Ooh im looking forward to this reply, I was under the impression we were a parlimentary democracy and not an absolute monarchy ... but hey ho Im watching Game of Thrones at the mo so this thread may go all Dracarys on us.

As long as the country minded its own business, no one cared. They had a power hungry lunatic ruling them and none of them had the guts to fight against him. Revolution would result in many lives lost. That's understandable.

But now that he is invading other countries, it's not just their problem anymore. Other countries have a choice. Either let Putin have his way or do something to stop him. They chose the latter and people will be inevitably affected. There is just no way around it. The people should be happy that the sanctions are purely economic and other countries are not sending in troops.

"I was under the impression we were a parlimentary democracy and not an absolute monarchy

"

yeah you'd think so wouldn't you .... wonder why 7 mp's from northern ireland are prevented from exercising their 'democratic' right to sit in the commons after being 'democraticaly' elected if the monarchyis, according to you, irrelevant to proceedings in the 21st century.

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"After you and good luck with your ousting of a democraticly elected president."

Which de.ocratically elected president might that be? Or are you under some illusion that Russian elections were even remotely democratic?

dudley

The divine rights of kings or the divine right of politicians. Either way you are chattel.

dudley

"After you and good luck with your ousting of a democraticly elected president.

Which de.ocratically elected president might that be? Or are you under some illusion that Russian elections were even remotely democratic?"

Of course they are, are you saying they are not.

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"I was under the impression we were a parlimentary democracy and not an absolute monarchy

yeah you'd think so wouldn't you .... wonder why 7 mp's from northern ireland are prevented from exercising their 'democratic' right to sit in the commons after being 'democraticaly' elected if the monarchyis, according to you, irrelevant to proceedings in the 21st century. "

They are not prevented in any way....they simply chose not to and in doing so they betray their electorate!!

dudley

yeah you'd think so wouldn't you .... wonder why 7 mp's from northern ireland are prevented from exercising their 'democratic' right to sit in the commons after being 'democraticaly' elected if the monarchyis, according to you, irrelevant to proceedings in the 21st century.

They are not prevented in any way....they simply chose not to and in doing so they betray their electorate!!"

What a bunch of self serving twats.

yeah you'd think so wouldn't you .... wonder why 7 mp's from northern ireland are prevented from exercising their 'democratic' right to sit in the commons after being 'democraticaly' elected if the monarchyis, according to you, irrelevant to proceedings in the 21st century. "

They can take their seats anytime they want once they have complied with the law. If they dont like the oath they have to give they can campaign to have it changed, thats how democracies work.

As you well know The Sovereign no longer has a political or executive role or any legaslative powers. As Head of State, The Monarch undertakes constitutional and representational duties only.

An absolute Monarchy, is just that ... all power resides with the king/queen

"They are not prevented in any way....they simply chose not to and in doing so they betray their electorate!!"

you carry on endulging yourself in the backward medieval ideology that you enjoy so much ... i prefer living in the real world thanks

"Well, hopefully when his mates get so pissed off with sanctions and cancellations that they go and tell him to stop the stupidity..

They should be isolated in everything as North Korea and Iran until such point they respect other human beings.

Deluded response.

So the west supporting Isis in Syria the so called moderate head choppers is OK with you, when the same head choppers killed UK military personnel in Afghanistan.

Good guys in Syria bad guys in Afghanistan.

"

It's hypocrisy in action.,

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 01/03/22 06:47:32]

Bristol

"They are not prevented in any way....they simply chose not to and in doing so they betray their electorate!!

you carry on endulging yourself in the backward medieval ideology that you enjoy so much ... i prefer living in the real world thanks "

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

They can take their seats anytime they want once they have complied with the law. If they dont like the oath they have to give they can campaign to have it changed, thats how democracies work.

As you well know The Sovereign no longer has a political or executive role or any legaslative powers. As Head of State, The Monarch undertakes constitutional and representational duties only.

An absolute Monarchy, is just that ... all power resides with the king/queen

"

» Add a new message to this topic