FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Cluster Bombing..

Cluster Bombing..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

How low can they go, looks like cluster bombs on civilians now.

Phosphorus next, although it looks like Russia has already tried accusations against Ukraine for this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"How low can they go, looks like cluster bombs on civilians now.

Phosphorus next, although it looks like Russia has already tried accusations against Ukraine for this. "

As opposed to Hellfire missiles? I think you'll find they can sink to any depths western armed forces have - and then some.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Phosphorus next, although it looks like Russia has already tried accusations against Ukraine for this.

As opposed to Hellfire missiles? I think you'll find they can sink to any depths western armed forces have - and then some."

When did 2 wrongs equal a right? Putin is frickin mad, stop apologising for him

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

As opposed to Hellfire missiles? I think you'll find they can sink to any depths western armed forces have - and then some.

When did 2 wrongs equal a right? Putin is frickin mad, stop apologising for him "

I didn't apologise for him - and I'm well aware that two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm also well aware - more than you seem to be - that if we do something wrong, it allows people like Putin to use it as an excuse to do that second wrong.

Longridge

When did 2 wrongs equal a right? Putin is frickin mad, stop apologising for him "

Was trying to work that one out myself..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Phosphorus next, although it looks like Russia has already tried accusations against Ukraine for this. "

WP is allowed technically i belive.

It is allowed to be used for concealment but not used as an actual offensive weapon

Longridge

They were happy to drop it on schools in Syria.

It will be for incendiary to burn houses and flats.

Just wrong..

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

It is allowed to be used for concealment but not used as an actual offensive weapon

"

Correct, for use indirectly.

But why use such a destructive weapon indirectly when the objective is to neutralise the target directly.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I didn't apologise for him - and I'm well aware that two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm also well aware - more than you seem to be - that if we do something wrong, it allows people like Putin to use it as an excuse to do that second wrong."

You do come over in your posts as anti west, which could be read as pro Putin under the circumstances.

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 01/03/22 14:07:18]

Longridge

But why use such a destructive weapon indirectly when the objective is to neutralise the target directly. "

Civilians?

No War Convention allows for weapons to be turned against Civilians.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

But why use such a destructive weapon indirectly when the objective is to neutralise the target directly.

Civilians?

No War Convention allows for weapons to be turned against Civilians."

The weapons are not being used directly on civilians.

They are being used against soldiers, equipment and buildings.

Unfortunately if civilians are present they will be the main casualties.

I pretty sure the rules of the Geneva Convention are the last thing soldiers of either side will think about whilst under fire.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Seems to be a few overt Russian supporters here!

There is only 1 aggressor here

Falkirk

"Seems to be a few overt Russian supporters here!

There is only 1 aggressor here "

Ah the old "You must support Russia".

Why because you don't agree with what I said.

I don't support Russia are that tyrant Putin.

But it's cool I can see where your confusion is coming from.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

But why use such a destructive weapon indirectly when the objective is to neutralise the target directly. "

Wait till the MOAB is used, as I can see that being used soon enough.

Also Manufactured by bae systems in this country, then sold tto saudais, then dropped by British planes, by British trained pilots onto Yemeni civilians. Most recent reports in a market.

Nice eh?

I'm also well aware - more than you seem to be - that if we do something wrong, it allows people like Putin to use it as an excuse to do that second wrong.

You do come over in your posts as anti west, which could be read as pro Putin under the circumstances.

"

I can be counted as anti West, I'm not anti West, I'm anti hypocrisy.

Look what goes on in other conflicts areas around the world

Wait till the MOAB is used, as I can see that being used soon enough."

MOAB is an American weapon

Because thats not the main use of WP. Its used to create smokescreens

If you are talking about the Thermobaric weapons or what the media have started calling "Vacuum Bombs" used they are not incendiary weapons and are not "illegal" to use

the legality would come in if they have actually targeted civs on purpose, same with any thing else

Falkirk

Also Manufactured by bae systems in this country, then sold tto saudais, then dropped by British planes, by British trained pilots onto Yemeni civilians. Most recent reports in a market.

Nice eh? "

Would you rather they used non regulated weaponry from unregulated sources?

As for the British Planes, are these the ones built from EU suppliers or the Americans.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Cluster bombs tend to be a denial weapon, when used neither side can really use that area, for the same reason most countries don't want them, not all the bomblets function, and then kids tend to play with them.

White phos is banned by many nations but not the UK, it is real pain to store, it can be used for many things.

I just hope the Ukrainians have got clever with the claymore, window boxes anyone? and hopefully they have Bangalore as well in those narrow streets. Oh look that building has a rat hole!!

As for the convoy, I don't think for one moment the Ukrainians are not all over it with a cunning plan. Those vehicles will need fuel, soldiers will need food. Lack of supplies = lack of moral.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I can be counted as anti West, I'm not anti West, I'm anti hypocrisy.

Look what goes on in other conflicts areas around the world

"

Every now and then we need to get off the fence

Longridge

I was always of the understanding that cluster weapons were intended to damage airfields beyond use, not to destroy civilian areas.

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

This Putin is mad carry on is really getting tiresome.

I'm most definitely anti Putin but saying he's a madman is saying that there's no reasoning behind what he's doing.

There's a lot of reasoning behind his actions and it's probably just as well because if we were dealing with a true madman then we would even worse off.

Chomsky has stated that any Russian leader would have invaded Ukraine, not just Putin and I agree with him.

I'm not justifying his actions and in no way support him but I do see his reasoning.

Saying he's mad is not understanding the conflict at all.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Wait till the MOAB is used, as I can see that being used soon enough.

MOAB is an American weapon "

So the Russians don't have any Massive Ordnance Air Blast bombs then?

Longridge

Think Russians call theirs Father of all Bombs.

» Add a new message to this topic