FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trans-Pacific Partnership,

Trans-Pacific Partnership,

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Given how many people on here believe that the EU is completely dysfunctional, likely to break up, run by non elected beurocrats etc. etc surely Ukraine would be better following the example of Global Britain and joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership?

After all, a lot of people on here have argued that this is the way forward.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

You live in France, why let it bother you?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why should where I live affect what I discuss.

The majority on here live in England yet discuss Ukraine and World politics.

In your opinion, should people only discuss the politics relating to the actual country they live in?

Do you believe that the Trans-Pacific Partnership is a good move for the UK and annetrer fit than the EU?

If so, why should the same partnership not be beneficial for other countries?

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Given how many people on here believe that the EU is completely dysfunctional, likely to break up, run by non elected beurocrats etc. etc surely Ukraine would be better following the example of Global Britain and joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership?

"

It's clear the EU is stronger without the UK who tried to veto every decision. Who is the country messing about with Ukrainian refugees ?

What tangible benefits will the UK see from a Trans Pacific Partnership that exceed those from the EU ?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Gotta say I think it is rather discriminatory that only Trans People get to have partnerships in the Pacific

Ok I’ll get my coat

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Given how many people on here believe that the EU is completely dysfunctional, likely to break up, run by non elected beurocrats etc. etc surely Ukraine would be better following the example of Global Britain and joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership?

It's clear the EU is stronger without the UK who tried to veto every decision. Who is the country messing about with Ukrainian refugees ?

What tangible benefits will the UK see from a Trans Pacific Partnership that exceed those from the EU ?

"

it’s not stronger without the U.K. where have you got that from lol

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

Obviously someone doesnt seem to have a clue about the difference from being in the eu to the trans pacific TRADE partnership.

Educate yourself on the two and you will probably be able to answer your own question.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Obviously someone doesnt seem to have a clue about the difference from being in the eu to the trans pacific TRADE partnership.

Educate yourself on the two and you will probably be able to answer your own question. "

They are different but that isn’t what the OP asked? Why does the Ukraine want to join the EU and not the Trans Pacific ?

all around

Educate yourself on the two and you will probably be able to answer your own question. "

Ok I've educated myself a little and I've found that driving a lorry load of British lamb to the EU is a helluva lot easier than getting it to Australia even if they actually wanted it.

near ipswich

Educate yourself on the two and you will probably be able to answer your own question.

Ok I've educated myself a little and I've found that driving a lorry load of British lamb to the EU is a helluva lot easier than getting it to Australia even if they actually wanted it.

"

Obviously not read the op,s question.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"

all around

Obviously not read the op,s question. "

Ok how would Ukraine get their produce to Australia compared to say Germany, France etc

near ipswich

Obviously not read the op,s question.

Ok how would Ukraine get their produce to Australia compared to say Germany, France etc

"

exactly this is why i said he obviously needs to educate himself and then he would be able to answer his own question.You should be directing these questions to the op not me.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

If the Ukrainians want to join the EU - and the EU decide to allow it, why not?

Doubtless, Brexit voters will feel they are mistaken in such a desire. They might even try to persuade them why the UK was right to leave the EU.

However, should they presume to do so, there's no reason why people fighting for their lives against Russians, should pay attention to the opinions of those who were, less than a week ago, very relaxed about accepting huge amounts of Russian money (and, indeed, quite often benefitting from it) into the UK economy.

Bottom line, just because the UK left, doesn't mean others won't want to join.

near ipswich

"If the Ukrainians want to join the EU - and the EU decide to allow it, why not?

Doubtless, Brexit voters will feel they are mistaken in such a desire. They might even try to persuade them why the UK was right to leave the EU.

However, should they presume to do so, there's no reason why people fighting for their lives against Russians, should pay attention to the opinions of those who were, less than a week ago, very relaxed about accepting huge amounts of Russian money (and, indeed, quite often benefitting from it) into the UK economy.

Bottom line, just because the UK left, doesn't mean others won't want to join."

I think it would be good for them to join they will need a lot of help after its over to rebuild the country.

Ayr

"If the Ukrainians want to join the EU - and the EU decide to allow it, why not?

Bottom line, just because the UK left, doesn't mean others won't want to join.I think it would be good for them to join they will need a lot of help after its over to rebuild the country. "

Well, people should take a picture of this - because I agree with you.

near ipswich

Bottom line, just because the UK left, doesn't mean others won't want to join.I think it would be good for them to join they will need a lot of help after its over to rebuild the country.

Well, people should take a picture of this - because I agree with you. "

You seem to have the opinion that i dont think countries should be in the eu which is totally wrong i just dont want the uk in it nothing more.I wish the eu every success i have plenty of friends who are eu citizens and would not wish them misfortune they are my friends. It will be good for the ukraine to join as i said.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Bottom line, just because the UK left, doesn't mean others won't want to join.I think it would be good for them to join they will need a lot of help after its over to rebuild the country.

Well, people should take a picture of this - because I agree with you. You seem to have the opinion that i dont think countries should be in the eu which is totally wrong i just dont want the uk in it nothing more.I wish the eu every success i have plenty of friends who are eu citizens and would not wish them misfortune they are my friends. It will be good for the ukraine to join as i said."

Is that because we are superior and both don’t want to be in Club with people who see as inferior and don’t want to be helping anyone better their lives at our expense?

near ipswich

Well, people should take a picture of this - because I agree with you. You seem to have the opinion that i dont think countries should be in the eu which is totally wrong i just dont want the uk in it nothing more.I wish the eu every success i have plenty of friends who are eu citizens and would not wish them misfortune they are my friends. It will be good for the ukraine to join as i said.

Is that because we are superior and both don’t want to be in Club with people who see as inferior and don’t want to be helping anyone better their lives at our expense?"

You seem to have made your own mind up on that is that what you think?.I have posted my reasons on here plenty of times as you well know and i think you really need to look at yourself if thats the way you are thinking.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Bottom line, just because the UK left, doesn't mean others won't want to join.I think it would be good for them to join they will need a lot of help after its over to rebuild the country. "

Not sure what the conditions are for joining the EU these days but it's been said before that Scotland do not meet the requirements so doubt Ukraine will without some serious rule bending ( by a rules based organization). Joining the EU will be their obvious choice because then the EU can fund much needed rebuilding of the country. I just hope they are still independent and make the decisions that they want

Ayr

Well, people should take a picture of this - because I agree with you. You seem to have the opinion that i dont think countries should be in the eu which is totally wrong i just dont want the uk in it nothing more.I wish the eu every success i have plenty of friends who are eu citizens and would not wish them misfortune they are my friends. It will be good for the ukraine to join as i said."

My opinion is justified, given how you never miss an opportunity to slag the EU off, however minor.

And if it's not ok for the UK to be a part of it but it's fine for other countries ... maybe you could explain how uniquely harmful it is to UK interests?

After all, 48% of UK citizens don't see it the way you do.

Where are they going wrong?

near ipswich

Well, people should take a picture of this - because I agree with you. You seem to have the opinion that i dont think countries should be in the eu which is totally wrong i just dont want the uk in it nothing more.I wish the eu every success i have plenty of friends who are eu citizens and would not wish them misfortune they are my friends. It will be good for the ukraine to join as i said.

My opinion is justified, given how you never miss an opportunity to slag the EU off, however minor.

And if it's not ok for the UK to be a part of it but it's fine for other countries ... maybe you could explain how uniquely harmful it is to UK interests?

Where are they going wrong?"

Only when people on here keep going on about how bad they have it now we have left but never say why.52% voted for it thats the way it works, yes we were on a downward turn with our trade deficit with the eu for the last 20 years why pay to be in a club that you dont need there is a whole world out there with emerging markets but i have explained that numerous times and its deflecting from the thread.

all around

" there is a whole world out there with emerging markets but i have explained that numerous times and its deflecting from the thread. "

To be fair you're right, you have explained it numerous times but others have also asked you to be specific about the benefits of these other emerging markets you keep bringing up, and how much it's replaced of the lost exports to the EU ?

Maybe start another thread of specific brexit benefits rather than deflect this one though.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

"Not sure what the conditions are for joining the EU these days"

Get on the Commission website and see for yourself: the Ukraine is simply not eligible. Even countries whose applications have been accepted, i.e. Bosnia, Serbia, Albania, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Turkey (which in reality isn't interested) have been working for years to meet the criteria.

near ipswich

" there is a whole world out there with emerging markets but i have explained that numerous times and its deflecting from the thread.

To be fair you're right, you have explained it numerous times but others have also asked you to be specific about the benefits of these other emerging markets you keep bringing up, and how much it's replaced of the lost exports to the EU ?

Maybe start another thread of specific brexit benefits rather than deflect this one though."

Well it hasnt yet has it the few new trade deals we have already agreed are just starting unlike the eu Mercosur deal that took 20 years to agree and has been veto,d by france and ireland.

Ayr

Where are they going wrong?Only when people on here keep going on about how bad they have it now we have left but never say why.52% voted for it thats the way it works, yes we were on a downward turn with our trade deficit with the eu for the last 20 years why pay to be in a club that you dont need there is a whole world out there with emerging markets but i have explained that numerous times and its deflecting from the thread. "

I understand the way the referendum worked.

You were asked why it's so bad for the UK to stay in; what unique harm does it do us, that it doesn't do your friends in Europe, who are content to stay.

Why is it so much less acceptable for the UK to do the same?

We're out, it was a democratic decision and that's fine.

But can it really be true that the UK is the only country that would benefit from leaving the EU - and if it isn't true, why has no other country followed us?

near ipswich

Where are they going wrong?Only when people on here keep going on about how bad they have it now we have left but never say why.52% voted for it thats the way it works, yes we were on a downward turn with our trade deficit with the eu for the last 20 years why pay to be in a club that you dont need there is a whole world out there with emerging markets but i have explained that numerous times and its deflecting from the thread.

You were asked why it's so bad for the UK to stay in; what unique harm does it do us, that it doesn't do your friends in Europe, who are content to stay.

But can it really be true that the UK is the only country that would benefit from leaving the EU - and if it isn't true, why has no other country followed us?"

read above our exports to the uk have been shrinking over the last 20 years.I have friends here who were content to stay unfortunately for them more voted to leave.

near ipswich

Where are they going wrong?Only when people on here keep going on about how bad they have it now we have left but never say why.52% voted for it thats the way it works, yes we were on a downward turn with our trade deficit with the eu for the last 20 years why pay to be in a club that you dont need there is a whole world out there with emerging markets but i have explained that numerous times and its deflecting from the thread.

But can it really be true that the UK is the only country that would benefit from leaving the EU - and if it isn't true, why has no other country followed us?"

read above our exports to the uk have been shrinking over the last 20 years.I have friends here who were content to stay unfortunately for them more voted to leave.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

But can it really be true that the UK is the only country that would benefit from leaving the EU - and if it isn't true, why has no other country followed us?read above our exports to the uk have been shrinking over the last 20 years.I have friends here who were content to stay unfortunately for them more voted to leave. "

Wasting your time

Where are they going wrong?Only when people on here keep going on about how bad they have it now we have left but never say why.52% voted for it thats the way it works, yes we were on a downward turn with our trade deficit with the eu for the last 20 years why pay to be in a club that you dont need there is a whole world out there with emerging markets but i have explained that numerous times and its deflecting from the thread. "

Name me 5 of these worldwide emerging markets

nr faversham

Name me 5 of these worldwide emerging markets "

And so it begins

near ipswich

Name me 5 of these worldwide emerging markets "

Argentina,brazil,india,indonesia,mexico want any more?

Name me 5 of these worldwide emerging markets Argentina,brazil,india,indonesia,mexico want any more? "

Have we signed a trade deal with any of them? What do we have that they would want to buy?

near ipswich

Name me 5 of these worldwide emerging markets Argentina,brazil,india,indonesia,mexico want any more?

Have we signed a trade deal with any of them? What do we have that they would want to buy? "

google is your friend

Name me 5 of these worldwide emerging markets Argentina,brazil,india,indonesia,mexico want any more?

Have we signed a trade deal with any of them? What do we have that they would want to buy? google is your friend "

Ah, no deal with any of them and very little to export,

all around

" google is your friend "

He certainly isn't yours,. Not much found to support your case I'm afraid

near ipswich

" google is your friend

"

about what?

" google is your friend

about what?"

Have we signed a trade deal with any of them? What do we have that they would want to buy?

near ipswich

" google is your friend

about what?

Have we signed a trade deal with any of them? What do we have that they would want to buy?"

Not that i know of,it seems pharma and services are some of the uk,s biggest exports along with aircraft parts but as i said you are quiet capable of using google yourself.

" google is your friend

about what?

Have we signed a trade deal with any of them? What do we have that they would want to buy?Not that i know of,it seems pharma and services are some of the uk,s biggest exports along with aircraft parts but as i said you are quiet capable of using google yourself."

Indeed,as I have already stated , we haven’t signed any trade deals with those countries and we export very little , any other ‘emerging markets’ ?

nr faversham

" google is your friend

about what?

Have we signed a trade deal with any of them? What do we have that they would want to buy?Not that i know of,it seems pharma and services are some of the uk,s biggest exports along with aircraft parts but as i said you are quiet capable of using google yourself.

Indeed,as I have already stated , we haven’t signed any trade deals with those countries and we export very little , any other ‘emerging markets’ ? "

Goodness I bet you're a laugh at parties

" google is your friend

about what?

Have we signed a trade deal with any of them? What do we have that they would want to buy?Not that i know of,it seems pharma and services are some of the uk,s biggest exports along with aircraft parts but as i said you are quiet capable of using google yourself.

Indeed,as I have already stated , we haven’t signed any trade deals with those countries and we export very little , any other ‘emerging markets’ ?

Goodness I bet you're a laugh at parties "

Are we at a party?

near ipswich

" google is your friend

about what?

Indeed,as I have already stated , we haven’t signed any trade deals with those countries and we export very little , any other ‘emerging markets’ ? "

we export very little. only 5th in the world export table behind china, usa, germany and japan i wonder who is buying all this stuff we dont have.

" google is your friend

about what?

Indeed,as I have already stated , we haven’t signed any trade deals with those countries and we export very little , any other ‘emerging markets’ ? we export very little. only 5th in the world export table behind china, usa, germany and japan i wonder who is buying all this stuff we dont have. "

Google is your friend, (btw, we are the 6 th biggest)

near ipswich

" google is your friend

about what?

Indeed,as I have already stated , we haven’t signed any trade deals with those countries and we export very little , any other ‘emerging markets’ ? we export very little. only 5th in the world export table behind china, usa, germany and japan i wonder who is buying all this stuff we dont have.

Google is your friend, (btw, we are the 6 th biggest) "

Not according to the world bank but even if its 6th which its not by the sites ive looked at do you still think we dont have anything to export?

" google is your friend

about what?

Indeed,as I have already stated , we haven’t signed any trade deals with those countries and we export very little , any other ‘emerging markets’ ? we export very little. only 5th in the world export table behind china, usa, germany and japan i wonder who is buying all this stuff we dont have.

Google is your friend, (btw, we are the 6 th biggest) Not according to the world bank but even if its 6th which its not by the sites ive looked at do you still think we dont have anything to export?"

I didn’t say we had nothing to export, I stated we have very little to export to the ‘emerging market countries’ you listed? Btw, who is our biggest export market?

near ipswich

" google is your friend

about what?

Google is your friend, (btw, we are the 6 th biggest) Not according to the world bank but even if its 6th which its not by the sites ive looked at do you still think we dont have anything to export?

I didn’t say we had nothing to export, I stated we have very little to export to the ‘emerging market countries’ you listed? Btw, who is our biggest export market? "

The usa right so you know what these markets want then what are they that we cant supply?

" google is your friend

about what?

Google is your friend, (btw, we are the 6 th biggest) Not according to the world bank but even if its 6th which its not by the sites ive looked at do you still think we dont have anything to export?

I didn’t say we had nothing to export, I stated we have very little to export to the ‘emerging market countries’ you listed? Btw, who is our biggest export market? The usa right so you know what these markets want then what are they that we cant supply?"

Incorrect, it is the EU, btw, Google is your friend

near ipswich

" google is your friend

about what?

I didn’t say we had nothing to export, I stated we have very little to export to the ‘emerging market countries’ you listed? Btw, who is our biggest export market? The usa right so you know what these markets want then what are they that we cant supply?

Incorrect, it is the EU, btw, Google is your friend "

what do these markets need then if we have very little they need?

" google is your friend

about what?

I didn’t say we had nothing to export, I stated we have very little to export to the ‘emerging market countries’ you listed? Btw, who is our biggest export market? The usa right so you know what these markets want then what are they that we cant supply?

Incorrect, it is the EU, btw, Google is your friend what do these markets need then if we have very little they need?"

Google is your friend, have a look at what and where Brazil import and explain to me why they will now buy from Britain

near ipswich

" google is your friend

about what?

Incorrect, it is the EU, btw, Google is your friend what do these markets need then if we have very little they need?

Google is your friend, have a look at what and where Brazil import and explain to me why they will now buy from Britain "

I really cant be bothered you cant answer the question that says it all to me,you are very good at asking obscure questions but not very good at answering them.

" google is your friend

about what?

Incorrect, it is the EU, btw, Google is your friend what do these markets need then if we have very little they need?

Google is your friend, have a look at what and where Brazil import and explain to me why they will now buy from Britain I really cant be bothered you cant answer the question that says it all to me,you are very good at asking obscure questions but not very good at answering them. "

Like you stated early when I asked you a question, Google is your friend

Ayr

But can it really be true that the UK is the only country that would benefit from leaving the EU - and if it isn't true, why has no other country followed us?read above our exports to the uk have been shrinking over the last 20 years.I have friends here who were content to stay unfortunately for them more voted to leave. "

I did read it. Our exports to the UK?

Assuming you meant EU, that may well have been a reason to leave. Could they not have put that on the side of the bus?

Anyway, as you say, good decision or bad, it's been made.

I get why people who voted Leave get annoyed with people who voted Remain, always pointing out the disadvantages of Brexit.

None of us like to be constantly reminded of having made a mistake; especially when we don't think we've made one.

I suppose you'll just have to put up with it until history proves you right.

If it ever does.

» Add a new message to this topic