FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Animals before humans?

Animals before humans?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I remember the polarised support and outrage about getting pets and animals out of Afghanistan. Not least when one brave person chartered a civilian jet to put animals in the cargo hold and humans in the passenger compartment.

Now, I see just how many Ukrainians are fleeing their country, but being allowed to take their pets along too. Rumour has it that the "pet passport scheme" is being waived at the European border. Doubtless, buses are evacuating people along with their pets.

Comments......

ps I support and am in favour of bringing pets and animals away from war torn countries.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I remember the polarised support and outrage about getting pets and animals out of Afghanistan. Not least when one brave person chartered a civilian jet to put animals in the cargo hold and humans in the passenger compartment.

Now, I see just how many Ukrainians are fleeing their country, but being allowed to take their pets along too. Rumour has it that the "pet passport scheme" is being waived at the European border. Doubtless, buses are evacuating people along with their pets.

Comments......

ps I support and am in favour of bringing pets and animals away from war torn countries."

The outrage was because it was at the time miss reported and made to seem like it was a plane just for the dogs.

Since then it has been clarified that the pets were in the hold as people cannot be transported that way and the rest of the plane was people.

I am in favour of people being able to to save their pet especially it it the child’s as I think they have been through enough already and to take that away from them would be a sheer act of cruelty

"I remember the polarised support and outrage about getting pets and animals out of Afghanistan. Not least when one brave person chartered a civilian jet to put animals in the cargo hold and humans in the passenger compartment.

Comments......

ps I support and am in favour of bringing pets and animals away from war torn countries.

The outrage was because it was at the time miss reported and made to seem like it was a plane just for the dogs.

Since then it has been clarified that the pets were in the hold as people cannot be transported that way and the rest of the plane was people.

I am in favour of people being able to to save their pet especially it it the child’s as I think they have been through enough already and to take that away from them would be a sheer act of cruelty "

I'm with you all the way at "The outrage was because it was at the time miss reported"

It certainly was.

And that is why I'm still reserving my own opinions even during these difficult times.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Comments......

I am in favour of people being able to to save their pet especially it it the child’s as I think they have been through enough already and to take that away from them would be a sheer act of cruelty "

this 100%

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

Some people wouldn’t leave if they couldn’t take their pets. Some folk are just like that. A parent trying to get their kids to safety but the kids are hysterical because they won’t leave their pet? Easiest thing to do is take it if it will go with you.

They can worry what happens to the pet and the practicalities when they are safe.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

They're not taking room from someone else, no paperwork to waste time to fill in.

Some of those pets are in serious shock..

"They're not taking room from someone else, no paperwork to waste time to fill in.

Some of those pets are in serious shock.. "

Fully agree.

However, some 8 or so months ago, I walked into Home Bargains and walked out with a £5.99 bag of 12kg of bird seed.

I now have a queue of wood pigeons on my fence each morning, waiting for their ration of bird seed.

By *octor BearMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Animals and humans, there’s certainly no need to put one before the other.

I couldn’t envisage going through what those poor people have experienced and then having to leave their much loved pet behind. Big soft hearted bear here who would take in any wee animal in need.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

The dogs and cats will give some comfort go families fleeing war torn Ukraine but I don't think they should be allowed to bring reptiles like lizards or snakes. They are mere possessions and not proper pets in my view. Remember the problems of Burmese pythons in the everglades. We don't want Ukrainian pythons here..

Chelmsford

Should those fleeing take their pets ?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Should those fleeing take their pets ? "

Should those fleeing bring rhubarb?

"The dogs and cats will give some comfort go families fleeing war torn Ukraine but I don't think they should be allowed to bring reptiles like lizards or snakes. They are mere possessions and not proper pets in my view. Remember the problems of Burmese pythons in the everglades. We don't want Ukrainian pythons here.. "

Crikey, that might be a step too far. Is this REALLY happening?

"Should those fleeing take their pets ?

Should those fleeing bring rhubarb?"

If they are being hosted and supported in Wakefield, then, clearly no.

However, serving the rhubarb leaves in a generous portion of Borscht to the Russian invaders is something I might be able to go along with.

Chelmsford

Mammals yes.. Lizards No. ..

» Add a new message to this topic