FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > £350 a month

£350 a month

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *V-Alice OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

To take in a Ukrainian refugee. I'm not saying it's a bad idea but it raises some questions.

Is it £350 per refugee?

Will it mean that you no longer have to pay the bedroom tax (n/a in Scotland)?

How many months for - it could be a long stay?

How many refugees in total - £350 x how many thousands?

How much fraud - despite measures taken to stop it - will occur?

Is it even being suggested to get a disproportionate number of the less well off to participate?

Has Rishi budgeted for it?

How angry is Priti?

I'm not opposed to the idea; though it does seem to be a bribe where none ought to be necessary.

Then again, doing the right thing for the sake of it, isn't part of the current Cabinet's mindset.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Will any MP's be giving up rooms in their 2nd houses?

Yes 350 per refugee per month

Don’t know that one

Probably until its safe or then probably just 2 years when everyone forgets.

Heard about 10,000 allegedly but they essentially have to reach a literal island first.

You seen the government budget effectively for anything?,Doubt any thoughts gone into it.

Don’t think Patel is angry think shes a very good actor though so will know how to play to the crowd about it.

Overall probably just a political gesture that will help a few Ukrainians and mean they can avoid giving aid to the millions who suffer.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

It's not £350 per refugee

It's per household you could home 1 person or a family of 4 & from what they've announced so far you'll be able to claim £350

I don't know whether you're expected to feed them as well I presume so, as I guess they think alot of it will be goodwill, the £350 is to be seen as a thank you from the government for helping with housing, you'd probably also end up giving some of it to the family so they can go and buy a few personal bits sanitary items clothes etc that might need replacing, toys for children if you don't have toys etc in your home already

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Saw this on Twitter and cue lots of shady jokes about having fit ones housed with you.

You do have to worry about who could take advantage of these vulnerable people.

"It's not £350 per refugee

It's per household you could home 1 person or a family of 4 & from what they've announced so far you'll be able to claim £350

I don't know whether you're expected to feed them as well I presume so, as I guess they think alot of it will be goodwill, the £350 is to be seen as a thank you from the government for helping with housing, you'd probably also end up giving some of it to the family so they can go and buy a few personal bits sanitary items clothes etc that might need replacing, toys for children if you don't have toys etc in your home already "

Thanks for the correction,What she said

Assume they’ll have an allowance of their own but don’t quote me on that

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

"Saw this on Twitter and cue lots of shady jokes about having fit ones housed with you.

"

Yep, this concerns me too. There are already reports of attempted trafficking and a young lass of 19 was attacked by someone who went over to provide refuge. Thankfully he is in Police custody now.

And over here we had the reports of sleazy landlords who tried to get tenants to shag etc so something like this makes you worry they will crawl out of the woodwork.

We need to help them and that includes doing our best to protect them. I know these wrong uns are in the minority but it is a concern.

Thurrock

I don't know whether you're expected to feed them as well I presume so, as I guess they think alot of it will be goodwill, the £350 is to be seen as a thank you from the government for helping with housing, you'd probably also end up giving some of it to the family so they can go and buy a few personal bits sanitary items clothes etc that might need replacing, toys for children if you don't have toys etc in your home already

Assume they’ll have an allowance of their own but don’t quote me on that"

You might well be right I think we were typing at the same time £350 per household seems incredibly low baring in mind the increased cost of living we are already having but it's definitely the way they've quoted it on several tv channels

They've also said each local authority will get £10,000 per refugee but haven't said what that's expected to cover, ie is that only if the council hile them if do they also get that if you or I house a family

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

The Royal Residences have a serious amount of bedrooms going spare. Assume they will be used?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

This will need some serious policing as the potential for scams will be colossal

Thurrock

"Saw this on Twitter and cue lots of shady jokes about having fit ones housed with you.

Yep, this concerns me too. There are already reports of attempted trafficking and a young lass of 19 was attacked by someone who went over to provide refuge. Thankfully he is in Police custody now.

And over here we had the reports of sleazy landlords who tried to get tenants to shag etc so something like this makes you worry they will crawl out of the woodwork.

We need to help them and that includes doing our best to protect them. I know these wrong uns are in the minority but it is a concern.

"

I think they've said people will be required to have a DBS check before being allowed to house families, which will hopefully help but you'll sadly always get someone trying to take advantage

Assume they’ll have an allowance of their own but don’t quote me on that

You might well be right I think we were typing at the same time £350 per household seems incredibly low baring in mind the increased cost of living we are already having but it's definitely the way they've quoted it on several tv channels

They've also said each local authority will get £10,000 per refugee but haven't said what that's expected to cover, ie is that only if the council hile them if do they also get that if you or I house a family "

Oh yes the increased cost of living hasn't hit me yet fortunately but will be like a bullet once it does,Actually considering signing up for one if those money saving courses

Imagine the £10,000 will be a flat non-recurring payment.Imagine it will happen anyway regardless of who houses them as the local authority will have to provide services for them.

By *heOriginalLoisWoman  over a year ago

London

They have asked for people to feed and give pocket money to people until their benefits are sorted.

Interesting to note that there wi be a caveat in a lot of mortgage, rent agreements where you cannot let out a room.

By *cttMan  over a year ago

hatfield & Cannock

I'm up for helping where I can and I'm more than happy to give up a room to a true war refugee at no cost......but it winds me up how many hotels around the country are housing non true war refugees costing the government a huge amount more than £350month, they were quick to house all these others that now claiming and working cash but these people from Ukraine need real help

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Whilst I am sure it sounds like a great idea, it feels ill thought out and was designed to grab headlines, I do not think it is a sincere attempt to help Ukrainian refugees, it was just a way of distracting people from the total shambles of our immigration system to help refugees.

Our response has and still is rubbish, we’ve been called out on it many times.

These Ukrainian refugees need our help now, not waiting at our border waiting to cross, not filling massive amounts of paperwork. We can do basic checks and biometrics to track and trace them when they arrive.

There are many Ukrainian women and children who are vulnerable at the moment from criminal gangs. Whilst many of their male and female relatives are fighting heroically against Putin, we need to ensure that these folk have a family to return to who are safe, well and looked after.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I find it both shameful and a privilege.

Shameful; that we are coaxed into taking refugees through financial means. Poland and other nations don't need this. I honestly doubt people want £350 but will take it as it's seen as free money, when in fact it isn't.

A privilege, as we live in a country that has the financial strength to do it. Even if it does mean we'll likely end paying it back.

» Add a new message to this topic