FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sadiq Khan

Sadiq Khan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ovebjs OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

What a 2 faced twat

Sadiq Khan thanks Cressida Dick for her service on her last day after she quit following his criticism

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *urreyfun38Couple  over a year ago

croydon

"What a 2 faced twat

Sadiq Khan thanks Cressida Dick for her service on her last day after she quit following his criticism

"

Both absolutely useless in their respective jobs.

So hopefully we can wave goodbye to him as well come the next election

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why does someone from Bristol care so much about the mayor of London?

By *ovebjs OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Why does someone from Bristol care so much about the mayor of London?"

"What a 2 faced twat

"

And fucked off with a huge golden handshake and whopping pension for being worse than fucking useless

How is this clown still mayor of London.. the dwarf should be flogged in Trafalgar Square

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

When’s the Mayor of London’s Show?

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"How is this clown still mayor of London.. the dwarf should be flogged in Trafalgar Square "

Look at the electorate …..

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

Can't stand this man..would sell his mother's kidney for some exposure

"How is this clown still mayor of London.. the dwarf should be flogged in Trafalgar Square "

He won the most votes in London Mayoral election

By *ity_BoyMan  over a year ago

London

People outside London complaining about the London Mayor.

Lives rent free in their head psml.

London

"When’s the Mayor of London’s Show?"

There is no Mayor of London's show.

There is the Lord Mayor's show. The Lord Mayor of London is someone elected by the Corporation of London, and not the citizens of London. They're probably right up the alley of most on here as they're a bunch of rich bastards who dont care about anyone

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Fund fact.

Replace Sadiq Khan with Boris Johnson, and mayor of london with prime minister .... And this thread still largely makes sense.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Fund fact.

Replace Sadiq Khan with Boris Johnson, and mayor of london with prime minister .... And this thread still largely makes sense. "

I’d like to see that….someone working hard for the country again….oh, I see you meant Boris!!!

"Can't stand this man..would sell his mother's kidney for some exposure "

And then blame someone else

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

I hope those who live in London find the common sense to not vote for Sadiq Khan next year for London Mayor

croydon

"I hope those who live in London find the common sense to not vote for Sadiq Khan next year for London Mayor"

Go and look at the turnout and the percentage that voted for this absolute clown.

But also no better than Boris as caught lying about the ULEZ consultation. And just what effect it will have.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

It's been painfully obvious for a long time that Khan is out of his depth and out of ideas.

His pig headed insistence on ramming through the ULEZ expansion and constant denial of public opinion only reinforces this.

South West London

Well with ULEZ I'm for it although I feel the expansion should be delayed as right now with the cost of living its just bad timing but its the LTNs I have issues with as him putting up travel fares in London

NW London

Yeah, LTNs haven't worked as they increase congestion on other roads. The ones round my way had to be ripped out. And that cycle lane installed on the Euston Road was a disaster.

South West London

Yeah they really have made roads more congested which they pretend to ignore, I prefer the controlled zones where you're not allowed to enter certain roads at certain times but thats it, I vote for anyone who will get rid of LTNs

croydon

"It's been painfully obvious for a long time that Khan is out of his depth and out of ideas.

His pig headed insistence on ramming through the ULEZ expansion and constant denial of public opinion only reinforces this."

Go online and watch him squirm when presented to him how he had lied.

The big problem with the extension though is that it will not improve the air quality of most areas. And that the local councils are against it. And TFL do not own the roads in some of the areas so will not be allowed to install the cameras required to enforce it

South West London

Well I have a car thats ULEZ compliant but I feel that he lied about the consultation that the marjority of people want to expand the ULEZ zone

South West London

Just another scheme to make money along with LTN's, Controlled Zone Areas etc

NW London

"It's been painfully obvious for a long time that Khan is out of his depth and out of ideas.

His pig headed insistence on ramming through the ULEZ expansion and constant denial of public opinion only reinforces this.

Go online and watch him squirm when presented to him how he had lied.

The big problem with the extension though is that it will not improve the air quality of most areas. And that the local councils are against it. And TFL do not own the roads in some of the areas so will not be allowed to install the cameras required to enforce it"

He's a coward- there was a new report of him hiding for an hour in a coffee shop rather than engage with a group of six people protesting about a LTN.

He knows that everyone knows this latest scheme is simply a cash grab to prop up an ailing TFL which is why he hides behind rhetoric about "strong leaders not holding referendums"

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

LTNs and the ULEZ expansion are excellent ideas.

Everywhere in London is walkable, cyclable or can be reached on public transport.

Walk within 3 miles.

Cycle 10 miles.

Public transport for the rest.

The LTNs and ULEZ expansion will take traffic off the roads if people embrace the above philosophy so those few going somewhere out of the city will have clearer roads.

South West London

"LTNs and the ULEZ expansion are excellent ideas.

Everywhere in London is walkable, cyclable or can be reached on public transport.

Walk within 3 miles.

Cycle 10 miles.

The LTNs and ULEZ expansion will take traffic off the roads if people embrace the above philosophy so those few going somewhere out of the city will have clearer roads."

Although I'm more for people to cycle, London roads are too narrow for people to cycle safely. Places can be reached easily by TFL but they not reliable at the best of times. Also since most cars (94%) nowadays are less polluted and even some cases not polluted then quite frankly LTNs and ULEZ are pointless schemes. Again just shows they there to raise extra revenue

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Walk within 3 miles.

Cycle 10 miles.

The LTNs and ULEZ expansion will take traffic off the roads if people embrace the above philosophy so those few going somewhere out of the city will have clearer roads. Although I'm more for people to cycle, London roads are too narrow for people to cycle safely. Places can be reached easily by TFL but they not reliable at the best of times. Also since most cars (94%) nowadays are less polluted and even some cases not polluted then quite frankly LTNs and ULEZ are pointless schemes. Again just shows they there to raise extra revenue"

London roads will be safer to cycle with less cars. So yeah, seems positive all round.

Raising extra revenue to support public transport sounds like an important part of making the LTN and ULEZ work. Again, all sounds positive.

South West London

Ok you say that so when you need to do your big food shopping and other stuff you may want to buy, you really telling me you gonna use public transport or cycle todo them? Lol

Obviously if you're making small purchases that can be done on foot

Also if you need to go somewhere to visit a family or friend very far (lets say 70 miles) which public transport can't reach or its like half an hour from the nearest station, you really telling me you be happy to cycle to your destination from your home?

golden fields

"Ok you say that so when you need to do your big food shopping and other stuff you may want to buy, you really telling me you gonna use public transport or cycle todo them? Lol

Also if you need to go somewhere to visit a family or friend very far (lets say 70 miles) which public transport can't reach or its like half an hour from the nearest station, you really telling me you be happy to cycle to your destination from your home? "

I didn't comment on food shopping or 70 mile journeys to visit your family.

"Ok you say that so when you need to do your big food shopping and other stuff you may want to buy, you really telling me you gonna use public transport or cycle todo them? Lol

Also if you need to go somewhere to visit a family or friend very far (lets say 70 miles) which public transport can't reach or its like half an hour from the nearest station, you really telling me you be happy to cycle to your destination from your home? "

Get your big shop delivered, I agree, it would be difficult to make longer journeys

South West London

Also if there's less cars on the road in the country then a lot of companies will be out of business, surely nobody wants that so I feel there needs to be a balance

NW London

Walk within 3 miles.

Cycle 10 miles.

The LTNs and ULEZ expansion will take traffic off the roads if people embrace the above philosophy so those few going somewhere out of the city will have clearer roads."

Doesn't work that way. Plenty of people need their vehicles to commute to work. For example it's not possible for a delivery driver to drag an oven or fridge around via bus and it's not practical for a carer to visit multiple homes by push bike.

These policies actively punish those on lower incomes at a time when many are in a Cost of Living Crises.

golden fields

"Also if there's less cars on the road in the country then a lot of companies will be out of business, surely nobody wants that so I feel there needs to be a balance"

Why?

South West London

"Also if there's less cars on the road in the country then a lot of companies will be out of business, surely nobody wants that so I feel there needs to be a balance

Why?"

For example car companies will be out of business if people drive less, companies that deliver things like big item purchases to your house will be out of business to name a few

South West London

Anyways there's other reasons why I don't want Sadiq Khan to be London Mayor again. People can't tell me they been safer under him since his been London Mayor in 2016

golden fields

"Also if there's less cars on the road in the country then a lot of companies will be out of business, surely nobody wants that so I feel there needs to be a balance

Why? For example car companies will be out of business if people drive less, companies that deliver things like big item purchases to your house will be out of business to name a few"

People will still have cars, just less in London.

Could probably create more jobs, bike shops, bike repairs, bike deliveries etc.

Leigh

Why? For example car companies will be out of business if people drive less, companies that deliver things like big item purchases to your house will be out of business to name a few

Could probably create more jobs, bike shops, bike repairs, bike deliveries etc. "

I think this is the first time I have agreed with you

"Anyways there's other reasons why I don't want Sadiq Khan to be London Mayor again. People can't tell me they been safer under him since his been London Mayor in 2016"

Do you think he will get re-elected? Who is he up against at the next election?

golden fields

Why? For example car companies will be out of business if people drive less, companies that deliver things like big item purchases to your house will be out of business to name a few

Could probably create more jobs, bike shops, bike repairs, bike deliveries etc.

I think this is the first time I have agreed with you "

The stars aligned.

Leigh

Walk within 3 miles.

Cycle 10 miles.

The LTNs and ULEZ expansion will take traffic off the roads if people embrace the above philosophy so those few going somewhere out of the city will have clearer roads.

Doesn't work that way. Plenty of people need their vehicles to commute to work. For example it's not possible for a delivery driver to drag an oven or fridge around via bus and it's not practical for a carer to visit multiple homes by push bike.

These policies actively punish those on lower incomes at a time when many are in a Cost of Living Crises.

"

Surely the policies will help the likes of delivery drivers?

More demand as people will have fewer private cars. Less traffic so their jobs are easier.

As for carers etc. unless they need to carry heavy equipment, cycling is the best way. Many people such as district nurses used to cycle for work before cars became too cheap.

croydon

"Anyways there's other reasons why I don't want Sadiq Khan to be London Mayor again. People can't tell me they been safer under him since his been London Mayor in 2016

Do you think he will get re-elected? Who is he up against at the next election? "

Don’t think anyone has thrown their hat in the ring for that yet.

But hopefully better than the last two the other parties put up

"Anyways there's other reasons why I don't want Sadiq Khan to be London Mayor again. People can't tell me they been safer under him since his been London Mayor in 2016

But hopefully better than the last two the other parties put up"

Ah ok, I don’t live in London so I can’t really comment but Kahn will obviously get elected if he is better than the alternatives

croydon

Walk within 3 miles.

Cycle 10 miles.

The LTNs and ULEZ expansion will take traffic off the roads if people embrace the above philosophy so those few going somewhere out of the city will have clearer roads. Although I'm more for people to cycle, London roads are too narrow for people to cycle safely. Places can be reached easily by TFL but they not reliable at the best of times. Also since most cars (94%) nowadays are less polluted and even some cases not polluted then quite frankly LTNs and ULEZ are pointless schemes. Again just shows they there to raise extra revenue

London roads will be safer to cycle with less cars. So yeah, seems positive all round.

Raising extra revenue to support public transport sounds like an important part of making the LTN and ULEZ work. Again, all sounds positive."

So what happens when we all drive compliant cars and he gets no money from the ULEZ. Where does all the money come from then.

And if it was really about air quality and not about raising money you would just ban those more polluting vehicles outright from those roads.

The congestion charge in the centre has done nothing to combat the congestion. Companies just pay it and pass it on.

croydon

But hopefully better than the last two the other parties put up

Ah ok, I don’t live in London so I can’t really comment but Kahn will obviously get elected if he is better than the alternatives "

Think it was more about all options at the time of his election were pretty rubbish and most didn’t bother voting so we got him by default.

Hopefully at the next election people have now seen just how poor he is and someone come along who will stand out. Don’t care what party they are from just need a good alternative

South West London

I want Shaun Bailey to run for London Mayor again, his actually quite good

croydon

"I want Shaun Bailey to run for London Mayor again, his actually quite good"

Yes he came across well. Gave a good interview with Daniel at Asheville. Seemed to have some understanding of problems London faces.

But unfortunately he is another one caught up in party gate.And got a fine. So a bit tainted

golden fields

Some of his views about Muslims, Hindus, the BBC, Women's rights etc could be problematic for him getting elected.

South West London

Ok I accept the fact he attended a party during lockdown which he shouldn't but I know a lot of people who were going parties during lockdowns too so won't hold it against him

NW London

Walk within 3 miles.

Cycle 10 miles.

Surely the policies will help the likes of delivery drivers?

More demand as people will have fewer private cars. Less traffic so their jobs are easier.

As for carers etc. unless they need to carry heavy equipment, cycling is the best way. Many people such as district nurses used to cycle for work before cars became too cheap."

How does it help delivery drivers? They get charged simply for doing their job!!!!!!!! They end up poorer!!!!!!!

Also, I think the point being missed is that for many the vehicle is a necessity especially since extortionate house prices have pushed people further out into the suburbs and into commuter belt towns.

Finally, the worry is that once the majority of people are driving compliant cars the charge will simply be moved onto anybody with a fuelled vehicle! The Congestion Charge (introduced by "Red" Ken Livingstone) has been nothing but a slippery slope for low to average income households.

South West London

"I want Shaun Bailey to run for London Mayor again, his actually quite good

Some of his views about Muslims, Hindus, the BBC, Women's rights etc could be problematic for him getting elected. "

That was years ago, not recently

croydon

"Ok I accept the fact he attended a party during lockdown which he shouldn't but I know a lot of people who were going parties during lockdowns too so won't hold it against him"

But he got himself photographed doing it. Which will annoy a lot of those that followed the rules

South West London

[Removed by poster at 02/02/23 13:36:08]

croydon

Some of his views about Muslims, Hindus, the BBC, Women's rights etc could be problematic for him getting elected. That was years ago, not recently"

As recently as 2018.

But a lot of what he has said and written will resonate. Some is more commenting on what would be called urban myth.

And some of it is more controversial and he should have kept those views to himself.

South West London

"Ok I accept the fact he attended a party during lockdown which he shouldn't but I know a lot of people who were going parties during lockdowns too so won't hold it against him

But he got himself photographed doing it. Which will annoy a lot of those that followed the rules"

I accept that but attending a party during lockdown (which he should never have done in the first place) isn't the biggest crime his committed in his life, his done worse believe me

golden fields

Some of his views about Muslims, Hindus, the BBC, Women's rights etc could be problematic for him getting elected. That was years ago, not recently"

If he's changed. I'm all for giving people an opportunity.

I agree with what he said about controversial statues though.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I’ve got a suggestion to help London’s overcrowding problems .

Move the government to Birmingham .

That’ll sort a lot of it!! Let’s subsidise another city for a change .

You’re welcome

By *andwenCouple  over a year ago

mid wales.

Because maybe what is happening in London is coming down the track to Bristol,and other towns and cities.

South West London

Well yeah because knife crime in London been so horrible that its exported to other cities across the UK

By *uri00620Woman  over a year ago

Croydon

[Removed by poster at 02/02/23 17:46:00]

By *uri00620Woman  over a year ago

Croydon

Walk within 3 miles.

Cycle 10 miles.

Not when you live right on the perimeter when you're not headed to the city for work. For me to get to my workplace *another perimeter town it'll take 1.45 hrs on public transport then 20 min walk. It's a 30 min drive. I have to leave at 640 to get to work already and that's without a childcare drop off I'm going to have to do once my mat leave is over. South of the river transport isn't amazing by any stretch.

London

Why do you think he's quite good?

What makes him a better candidate than Sadiq Khan?

London

ULEZ was Boris' idea.

Almost all petrol cars registered after 2005 are ULEZ compliant.

ULEZ was announced years ago and people had ample time to buy a compliant car. You can get a used 2005 petrol car for under £1000.

It's a non story, people just don't like change.

NW London

"ULEZ was Boris' idea.

ULEZ was announced years ago and people had ample time to buy a compliant car. You can get a used 2005 petrol car for under £1000.

It's a non story, people just don't like change."

Wot if you need a van? ULEZ compliant ain't cheap.

South West London

What makes him a better candidate than Sadiq Khan?"

He's direct when he talks and was honest about hiking travel fare if he became Mayor unlike Khan who seems to blame the government why he has to hike councils tax, congestion charge, travel fare etc despite getting a bailout from them.

London

"ULEZ was Boris' idea.

"

ULEZ was announced in 2015 by BoJo. Small businesses have had ample time to sell their vans to purchase a ULEZ compliant van. Some vans can also be converted to Euro 6.

Is 8 years really not enough time to prepare?

South West London

"ULEZ was Boris' idea.

It's a non story, people just don't like change."

Your right, the ULEZ was Boris Johnson's idea but he didnt plan to expand it beyond Central London. My concern is mainly LTNs then ULEZ as I drive a compliant car although I think it should be delayed as most people wont be able to afford a new car during these tough economic times

London

What makes him a better candidate than Sadiq Khan? He's direct when he talks and was honest about hiking travel fare if he became Mayor unlike Khan who seems to blame the government why he has to hike councils tax, congestion charge, travel fare etc despite getting a bailout from them. "

But all that is the government's fault. They have given less and less funding each year.

TFL's subsidy was cut in 2015 by the Convervatives as they wanted it to be run solely on revenue. No public transport network in the world operates on revenue alone.

The Conservative government gave TFL a bailout on the condition that fares increase in line with rail fare increases. These conditions also included implementing ULEZ and LTNs.

Less funding from the Government also means increase in council tax.

NW London

"ULEZ was Boris' idea.

ULEZ was announced in 2015 by BoJo. Small businesses have had ample time to sell their vans to purchase a ULEZ compliant van. Some vans can also be converted to Euro 6.

Is 8 years really not enough time to prepare?"

No because it wasn't official policy and also the cost of a suitable and compliant vehicle is still out of reach for many self employed people and those on lower incomes.

Especially during a Cost of Living Crises- why should those with the least bear the brunt of a naked cash grab/vanity project

croydon

"ULEZ was Boris' idea.

Is 8 years really not enough time to prepare?

No because it wasn't official policy and also the cost of a suitable and compliant vehicle is still out of reach for many self employed people and those on lower incomes.

Especially during a Cost of Living Crises- why should those with the least bear the brunt of a naked cash grab/vanity project "

May not have been official policy but personally could see it coming as soon as he extended it to the south and north circ.

And a lot of companies buried their heads in the sand over it.And didn't buy euro6 compliant cars and vans when they should have.Or even electric

And the big thing is there has been real difficulty getting vehicles so the second hand market hasn't got the vehicles required for people to buy second hand.

South West London

So according to Sadiq Khan, if you're against ULEZ (might as well add LTN's to the mix too) while he "understands" people's concerns about ULEZ (which is fair) he believes you're in coalition with covid deniers, the far-right, vaccine deniers and my favourite quote "Tories" (he might as well said we all racist too for that matter) which gives me more reasons to not vote for him next year

London

"So according to Sadiq Khan, if you're against ULEZ (might as well add LTN's to the mix too) while he "understands" people's concerns about ULEZ (which is fair) he believes you're in coalition with covid deniers, the far-right, vaccine deniers and my favourite quote "Tories" (he might as well said we all racist too for that matter) which gives me more reasons to not vote for him next year "

That's at all not what he said.

He was taking part in people's question time and a group were protesting outside the town hall. Many were holding racist signs, and others were also holding signs about conspiracy theories.

Having come across ULEZ and LTNs protests there is an element of truth to this. Lots of people going on about 'taking our freedoms away' and 15 minute city conspiracies.

Lots of far right agitators using ULEZ and LTNs to gain new followers from unsuspecting people.

Here is a quote from the Guardian about protests in Oxford (it's applicable to London):

"Far-right activists and other extremists are attempting to hijack local issues such as low-traffic schemes by linking them to conspiracy theories, campaigners have warned.

It comes after Covid-19 protesters joined thousands demonstrating against Oxford’s Low Traffic Neighbourhoods (LTNs) scheme, one of the most ambitious in the country and the source of long-running local debate.

But the anti-racism charity Hope Not Hate (HnH) warns the issue is one that extremists are attempting to portray as the work of an elite cabal, or “New World Order” (NWO), pulling the strings of world events."

NW London

"So according to Sadiq Khan, if you're against ULEZ (might as well add LTN's to the mix too) while he "understands" people's concerns about ULEZ (which is fair) he believes you're in coalition with covid deniers, the far-right, vaccine deniers and my favourite quote "Tories" (he might as well said we all racist too for that matter) which gives me more reasons to not vote for him next year "

Clearly he's out of answers and has had to resort to smear tactics and slander.

I find it interesting how over the last couple of years calling somebody a "Tory" has become such a grave insult.

Which is ironic given how so many of Sadiq's policies explicitly make the poorer much worse off makes him the biggest TORY in the country.

South West London

Couldn't agree with you more and whats staggering is the fact is his put up Council Tax and travel fare in London despite having £2 billion in reserves

croydon

"So according to Sadiq Khan, if you're against ULEZ (might as well add LTN's to the mix too) while he "understands" people's concerns about ULEZ (which is fair) he believes you're in coalition with covid deniers, the far-right, vaccine deniers and my favourite quote "Tories" (he might as well said we all racist too for that matter) which gives me more reasons to not vote for him next year

He was taking part in people's question time and a group were protesting outside the town hall. Many were holding racist signs, and others were also holding signs about conspiracy theories.

Having come across ULEZ and LTNs protests there is an element of truth to this. Lots of people going on about 'taking our freedoms away' and 15 minute city conspiracies.

Lots of far right agitators using ULEZ and LTNs to gain new followers from unsuspecting people.

Here is a quote from the Guardian about protests in Oxford (it's applicable to London):

"Far-right activists and other extremists are attempting to hijack local issues such as low-traffic schemes by linking them to conspiracy theories, campaigners have warned.

It comes after Covid-19 protesters joined thousands demonstrating against Oxford’s Low Traffic Neighbourhoods (LTNs) scheme, one of the most ambitious in the country and the source of long-running local debate.

But the anti-racism charity Hope Not Hate (HnH) warns the issue is one that extremists are attempting to portray as the work of an elite cabal, or “New World Order” (NWO), pulling the strings of world events.""

Wonderful.

All very good but the point is that the Moron of Mayor labelled those with valid concerns as far right.

When what he should of done is kept his stupid mouth shut and not fuelled the fire.

If his actual performance as Mayor was any good it may not have been so bad but as his tenure has been absolutely awful this is just the icing on the cake.

Go and watch some Youtube shorts being run on his outburst.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"So according to Sadiq Khan, if you're against ULEZ (might as well add LTN's to the mix too) while he "understands" people's concerns about ULEZ (which is fair) he believes you're in coalition with covid deniers, the far-right, vaccine deniers and my favourite quote "Tories" (he might as well said we all racist too for that matter) which gives me more reasons to not vote for him next year

But the anti-racism charity Hope Not Hate (HnH) warns the issue is one that extremists are attempting to portray as the work of an elite cabal, or “New World Order” (NWO), pulling the strings of world events."

Wonderful.

All very good but the point is that the Moron of Mayor labelled those with valid concerns as far right.

When what he should of done is kept his stupid mouth shut and not fuelled the fire.

If his actual performance as Mayor was any good it may not have been so bad but as his tenure has been absolutely awful this is just the icing on the cake.

Go and watch some Youtube shorts being run on his outburst."

His response to the anti-ULEZ protests seem less than sensible. I don't understand what point he was trying to make.

I've not seen any particular fails in his tenure as Mayor given the circumstances. What have been particularly bad?

croydon

Wonderful.

His response to the anti-ULEZ protests seem less than sensible. I don't understand what point he was trying to make.

I've not seen any particular fails in his tenure as Mayor given the circumstances. What have been particularly bad?"

The big thing is that he does not learn.

To me he reminds me of Ken Livingston when he tried and failed to take on Thatcher.

The building of housing that he has failed on his own targets and its looking like he may have to give some money back.

The London Fire Brigade.

You could also lay some of the METs failings at his door.

The running of TFL but probably not a lot he could of done there.Apart from shut up and work in the back ground to get the funding it needs.

West London

Wonderful.

I've not seen any particular fails in his tenure as Mayor given the circumstances. What have been particularly bad?

The big thing is that he does not learn.

To me he reminds me of Ken Livingston when he tried and failed to take on Thatcher.

The building of housing that he has failed on his own targets and its looking like he may have to give some money back.

The London Fire Brigade.

You could also lay some of the METs failings at his door.

The running of TFL but probably not a lot he could of done there.Apart from shut up and work in the back ground to get the funding it needs.

"

Who has he "taken on"?

He's about 20,000 out of 116,000 behind target since 2016. Considering that included a period of builders, building material shortages and COVID it doesn't seem like a crazy fail to me.

How does Sadiq Khan govern culture and process within the Met and London Fire Brigade?

TFL, as you said influenced heavily by COVID and Government terms on funding.

I agree that working quietly is often more efficient and effective, but the Government(s) for the past few years have not exactly been set on just efficiently getting on with the job.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"What a 2 faced twat

"

Oh! the selective outrage! Whatever are we supposed to do?

South West London

Imagine Sadiq Khan was gonna charge people £3.50 to drive into London and now with the ULEZ cameras, his gonna charge (and it's gonna happen under him) people every mile that they drive and some of you folks in here are ok with that?? Ok

golden fields

"Imagine Sadiq Khan was gonna charge people £3.50 to drive into London and now with the ULEZ cameras, his gonna charge (and it's gonna happen under him) people every mile that they drive and some of you folks in here are ok with that?? Ok "

I'm okay with you speculating what might happen. No harm in that.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Imagine Sadiq Khan was gonna charge people £3.50 to drive into London and now with the ULEZ cameras, his gonna charge (and it's gonna happen under him) people every mile that they drive and some of you folks in here are ok with that?? Ok "

Driving in London is shit anyway.

The city was never designed to handle the volume of vehicle traffic it currently does.

The insensitive from Mr Khan should be lower tariffs for for public transport.

But that's also an aging system that requires hefty investment.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Imagine Sadiq Khan was gonna charge people £3.50 to drive into London and now with the ULEZ cameras, his gonna charge (and it's gonna happen under him) people every mile that they drive and some of you folks in here are ok with that?? Ok

Driving in London is shit anyway.

The city was never designed to handle the volume of vehicle traffic it currently does.

The insensitive from Mr Khan should be lower tariffs for for public transport.

But that's also an aging system that requires hefty investment.

"

Incentive even

West London

Road charging is coming nationwide because there is a huge hole opening in Government income from fuel duty.

Regardless, why should we not pay by the mile?

Why should much space be taken up in cities with roads and vehicles?

We pay for what we use for most things. Why not driving?

That said, you don't actually know what will happen and under whom. You are repeating newspaper headlines without reading the full article, by the looks of it...

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"Imagine Sadiq Khan was gonna charge people £3.50 to drive into London and now with the ULEZ cameras, his gonna charge (and it's gonna happen under him) people every mile that they drive and some of you folks in here are ok with that?? Ok

Road charging is coming nationwide because there is a huge hole opening in Government income from fuel duty.

That said, you don't actually know what will happen and under whom. You are repeating newspaper headlines without reading the full article, by the looks of it..."

Road tax,duty on fuel, why should motorists be battered any more?

South West London

The question people should ask themselves is why City Hall got £2 billion in reserves but Sadiq Khan doesn't use it to reduce travel fare?? Instead he jacks travel farw up as well as jacking up council tax on top of it when people finances are stretched during tough economic times. But again some of you in here are happy about that which is probably why some of you voted for him the last time and considering voting for him again next year as mayor (although I hope I'm wrong when when I say this) which is scary

nr faversham

"The question people should ask themselves is why City Hall got £2 billion in reserves but Sadiq Khan doesn't use it to reduce travel fare?? Instead he jacks travel farw up as well as jacking up council tax on top of it when people finances are stretched during tough economic times. But again some of you in here are happy about

that which is probably why some of you voted for him the last time and considering voting for him again next year as mayor (although I hope I'm wrong when when I say this) which is scary"

He'd be slaughtered if he was a tory

South West London

"The question people should ask themselves is why City Hall got £2 billion in reserves but Sadiq Khan doesn't use it to reduce travel fare?? Instead he jacks travel farw up as well as jacking up council tax on top of it when people finances are stretched during tough economic times. But again some of you in here are happy about

that which is probably why some of you voted for him the last time and considering voting for him again next year as mayor (although I hope I'm wrong when when I say this) which is scary

He'd be slaughtered if he was a tory"

I'm hoping he gets hammered in the election next year like Jeremy Corbyn did back in 2019

NW London

That said, you don't actually know what will happen and under whom. You are repeating newspaper headlines without reading the full article, by the looks of it..."

The argument against road pricing per mile is that just like the congestion charge and ULEZ it won't take into account vehicles which have to be on the road as it's the only way for somebody to get to their place of employment or to carry out their job role.

It would be yet another tax hit on (mainly) blue collar workers and yet another incentive aimed at (mainly) white collar desk based people.

West London

That said, you don't actually know what will happen and under whom. You are repeating newspaper headlines without reading the full article, by the looks of it...

Road tax,duty on fuel, why should motorists be battered any more?"

I said why.

As vehicles transition to electric, revenue from fuel tax will fall and will be replaced.

So, will they be "battered more" or the same just by different means?

South West London

No this aint headlines I'm reading from, it's facts as everyone knows and he even said himself he wants more people using public transport and cycling more (which is good) but the way I see it (and you can disagree all you want) is if Sadiq Khan can't convince you to use your car less then he will think of ways to make sure you do and not just for evironmenal reasons like he always claims. Believe me road pricing is his next move if people want to believe it or not

West London

The argument against road pricing per mile is that just like the congestion charge and ULEZ it won't take into account vehicles which have to be on the road as it's the only way for somebody to get to their place of employment or to carry out their job role.

It would be yet another tax hit on (mainly) blue collar workers and yet another incentive aimed at (mainly) white collar desk based people."

It sounds like this is a bit of an assumption, no?

There is not actually any plan for this. No idea of how it might be introduced. Why could there not be discounts or exemptions for small businesses?

Just speculation right now.

croydon

It would be yet another tax hit on (mainly) blue collar workers and yet another incentive aimed at (mainly) white collar desk based people.

There is not actually any plan for this. No idea of how it might be introduced. Why could there not be discounts or exemptions for small businesses?

Just speculation right now."

Not speculation as he has stated that it is his ultimate aim.And using ULEZ cameras to enforce it.

Whilst residents inside the congestion charge zone do get a discount the only way businesses have gotten said discount is to register vehicles inside said zone.

As far as I am aware no discounts have ever been given to businesses outside the zone who go into it.Stand to be corrected if wrong.But if you live in the ULEZ you dont get a discount so cant see him doing this.

As to the reduction in fuel duty revenue,your smart meter will charge you a levy on any electric that you use to charge your shinny new electric vehicle at some point in the future.

West London

That said, you don't actually know what will happen and under whom. You are repeating newspaper headlines without reading the full article, by the looks of it... No this aint headlines I'm reading from, it's facts as everyone knows and he even said himself he wants more people using public transport and cycling more (which is good) but the way I see it (and you can disagree all you want) is if Sadiq Khan can't convince you to use your car less then he will think of ways to make sure you do and not just for evironmenal reasons like he always claims. Believe me road pricing is his next move if people want to believe it or not"

I agree that this is as much about finance as health and the environment.

However, you do keep stating a £2bn cash reserve that I see no evidence of. Does this colour your opinions and where does this figure come from?

That will require a change in national legislation. How will that happen?

South West London

Excatly none of it is speculation, during the 2020 Mayor Election he said (and you can can look youtube of him saying) that he had no plans to expand ULEZ and guess whatb he going to expand ULEZ in August of this year.

Same thing with LTNs when he introduced them during Lockdown when he said they were "temporary measures" to only then make them permanant, so I can't believe a word what he says anymore just like the rest of the politicians

South West London

That said, you don't actually know what will happen and under whom. You are repeating newspaper headlines without reading the full article, by the looks of it... No this aint headlines I'm reading from, it's facts as everyone knows and he even said himself he wants more people using public transport and cycling more (which is good) but the way I see it (and you can disagree all you want) is if Sadiq Khan can't convince you to use your car less then he will think of ways to make sure you do and not just for evironmenal reasons like he always claims. Believe me road pricing is his next move if people want to believe it or not

However, you do keep stating a £2bn cash reserve that I see no evidence of. Does this colour your opinions and where does this figure come from?

That will require a change in national legislation. How will that happen?"

He said himself, his got £2 billion in reserves

West London

"The question people should ask themselves is why City Hall got £2 billion in reserves but Sadiq Khan doesn't use it to reduce travel fare?? Instead he jacks travel farw up as well as jacking up council tax on top of it when people finances are stretched during tough economic times. But again some of you in here are happy about that which is probably why some of you voted for him the last time and considering voting for him again next year as mayor (although I hope I'm wrong when when I say this) which is scary"

Where is this number from?

If it exists and is used to subsidise fares, how long does it last and then what? Wouldn't it be better spent on capital investment for the long term than short term subsidies?

How do councils pay for all of the threadbare public services that have had central Government have cut funding to over decades? Which public services should we cut instead?

I'm not happy about Council tax or any other tax increases, bit I can see why they might be necessary.

I am, actually, indifferent about Khan as a Mayor, but I don't really see that you are thinking beyond the immediate headlines.

West London

That said, you don't actually know what will happen and under whom. You are repeating newspaper headlines without reading the full article, by the looks of it... No this aint headlines I'm reading from, it's facts as everyone knows and he even said himself he wants more people using public transport and cycling more (which is good) but the way I see it (and you can disagree all you want) is if Sadiq Khan can't convince you to use your car less then he will think of ways to make sure you do and not just for evironmenal reasons like he always claims. Believe me road pricing is his next move if people want to believe it or not

That will require a change in national legislation. How will that happen? He said himself, his got £2 billion in reserves"

When? I just haven't heard that or the context.

West London

"Excatly none of it is speculation, during the 2020 Mayor Election he said (and you can can look youtube of him saying) that he had no plans to expand ULEZ and guess whatb he going to expand ULEZ in August of this year.

Same thing with LTNs when he introduced them during Lockdown when he said they were "temporary measures" to only then make them permanant, so I can't believe a word what he says anymore just like the rest of the politicians"

Cannot say that I remember Khan saying that he wouldn't expand ULEZ, but I was not hugely engaged mid-Covid.

You would have thought that those opposed to it would be making a lot of noise about it if that were the case. Not heard anything. Have you?

nr faversham

I said why.

As vehicles transition to electric, revenue from fuel tax will fall and will be replaced.

So, will they be "battered more" or the same just by different means?"

So trying to move to the green electric way still results in getting taxed???

croydon

I said why.

So trying to move to the green electric way still results in getting taxed???"

Yes taxed via your smart meter or public charging point.

Unless of course you have enough solar panels to charge you vehicle

West London

Not speculation as he has stated that it is his ultimate aim.And using ULEZ cameras to enforce it.

Whilst residents inside the congestion charge zone do get a discount the only way businesses have gotten said discount is to register vehicles inside said zone.

As far as I am aware no discounts have ever been given to businesses outside the zone who go into it.Stand to be corrected if wrong.But if you live in the ULEZ you dont get a discount so cant see him doing this.

As to the reduction in fuel duty revenue,your smart meter will charge you a levy on any electric that you use to charge your shinny new electric vehicle at some point in the future."

I didn't say that his plans were speculation.

How and if it would be done is speculation.

You might be right, you might be wrong. Politics happens, as does economics.

I don't know if smart metering really will be able to differentially bill for car charging or if that would be implemented. Not impossible though.

West London

I said why.

So trying to move to the green electric way still results in getting taxed???"

Why shouldn't it?

nr faversham

I said why.

Why shouldn't it?"

I thought going green was a great thing to be rewarded?

West London

I said why.

Why shouldn't it?

I thought going green was a great thing to be rewarded?"

You're rewarded by reducing the effects of climate change and global conflict of resources.

You aren't rewarded by getting a discount on the things that still need paying for.

nr faversham

I said why.

Why shouldn't it?

You're rewarded by reducing the effects of climate change and global conflict of resources.

You aren't rewarded by getting a discount on the things that still need paying for."

You should apply that thinking generally....

Guess some people do not like freedom of travel.

golden fields

"Guess some people do not like freedom of travel."

People voted to scrap it Europewide.

Joking aside. The low emission zones only work well when public transport is reliable, affordable, and convenient. That's not always the case.

"Guess some people do not like freedom of travel.

Joking aside. The low emission zones only work well when public transport is reliable, affordable, and convenient. That's not always the case. "

Also if there is not a public health risk

golden fields

Joking aside. The low emission zones only work well when public transport is reliable, affordable, and convenient. That's not always the case. Also if there is not a public health risk "

Hop on a bike. Free exercise!

West London

I said why.

Why shouldn't it?

You aren't rewarded by getting a discount on the things that still need paying for.

You should apply that thinking generally...."

You will have to explain that.

Joking aside. The low emission zones only work well when public transport is reliable, affordable, and convenient. That's not always the case. Also if there is not a public health risk

Hop on a bike. Free exercise!"

Enjoy have fun . No bike for me

Joking aside. The low emission zones only work well when public transport is reliable, affordable, and convenient. That's not always the case. Also if there is not a public health risk

Hop on a bike. Free exercise! Enjoy have fun . No bike for me "

Go save the planet. Alot here will not comply . So your point would be moot.

Hop on a bike. Free exercise! Enjoy have fun . No bike for me "

Space hopper?

golden fields

Hop on a bike. Free exercise! Enjoy have fun . No bike for me Go save the planet. Alot here will not comply . So your point would be moot."

It's okay. I don't mind anyone not complying with my suggestion to get some free exercise. It's all good.

croydon

As to the reduction in fuel duty revenue,your smart meter will charge you a levy on any electric that you use to charge your shinny new electric vehicle at some point in the future.

I don't know if smart metering really will be able to differentially bill for car charging or if that would be implemented. Not impossible though."

That is whole point of smart meters. They talk to the supply company and any electric vehicle will talk to the smart meter. At the moment it’s used to turn charging off if the grid in an area gets overloaded. Also on night rate you can get a 4 hour elv rate. All done through your shiny new smart meter

West London

I don't know if smart metering really will be able to differentially bill for car charging or if that would be implemented. Not impossible though.

That is whole point of smart meters. They talk to the supply company and any electric vehicle will talk to the smart meter. At the moment it’s used to turn charging off if the grid in an area gets overloaded. Also on night rate you can get a 4 hour elv rate. All done through your shiny new smart meter"

The vehicle does not "talk" to the smart meter but vehicle charging could be inferred from the current drawn.

Smart meters are actually pretty dumb.

Your overall point is perfectly valid though.

I think that is unlikely because it will be difficult to communicate a coherent reason for that, especially if car batteries start being used for grid storage and offer a benefit to the system.

West London

Clearly he's out of answers and has had to resort to smear tactics and slander.

I find it interesting how over the last couple of years calling somebody a "Tory" has become such a grave insult.

Which is ironic given how so many of Sadiq's policies explicitly make the poorer much worse off makes him the biggest TORY in the country. "

How much worse off is someone without a car?

How much worse off did someone become as a consequence of the social care and public services cuts to central and local Government under the last five Prime Ministers?

How else does any Mayor raise revenue if it is needed?

South West London

[Removed by poster at 08/03/23 16:57:39]

South West London

visitors staying in London, it's done in other countries with no problems so can't see why he can't do it here instead of clawing more money from Londoners who are in financial hardship.

Look he needs to be voted out next year and I will take part with other people who have a campaign to get him out

golden fields

"visitors staying in London, it's done in other countries with no problems so can't see why he can't do it here instead of clawing more money from Londoners who are in financial hardship.

Look he needs to be voted out next year and I will take part with other people who have a campaign to get him out"

I disagree with you over the low emission zones and generally about Khan. But I think it's great that you and others are campaigning for what you believe in.

This country needs more people to be politically engaged.

South West London

Ok so for the last 7 years, if you feel Sadiq Khan's made you feel safer living in London since his been Mayor, if you feel your cost of living has been better under him then by oh means vote for him.

The only thing I can thank him for is the hopper fare but that's all nothing else.

West London

"Ok so for the last 7 years, if you feel Sadiq Khan's made you feel safer living in London since his been Mayor, if you feel your cost of living has been better under him then by oh means vote for him.

The only thing I can thank him for is the hopper fare but that's all nothing else."

He has made very little difference to my life over the past seven years except that I have swapped to a much cleaner car (which I needed to do anyway) and according to my air monitor there is less airborne pollution where I live so it turns on far less frequently.

The Mayor of London has made very little difference to my cost of living relative to energy and fuel prices and my normal assumption maintaining the same service will require increased costs to me due to inflation regardless.

Nothing that he has done has upset me, and as far as I can see nothing that anyone else has proposed to date will make me happier.

You said in another thread about the Labour party vs the transparently incompetent and corrupt current Conservatives "better the devil you know". Why does that not apply to the Mayor of London?

West London

"visitors staying in London, it's done in other countries with no problems so can't see why he can't do it here instead of clawing more money from Londoners who are in financial hardship.

Look he needs to be voted out next year and I will take part with other people who have a campaign to get him out"

Still interested to any link about the £2bn that is allegedly waiting to be spent by the Greater London Authority. I can find nothing on this.

If it exists, should it be spent on short term subsidies or long term investment?

The same with Sadiq Khan's election promise not to extend the ULEZ zone. I can find nothing in this.

Also, how should the Mayor raise revenue to meet expenditure?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Look he needs to be voted out next year and I will take part with other people who have a campaign to get him out

Still interested to any link about the £2bn that is allegedly waiting to be spent by the Greater London Authority. I can find nothing on this.

If it exists, should it be spent on short term subsidies or long term investment?

The same with Sadiq Khan's election promise not to extend the ULEZ zone. I can find nothing in this.

Also, how should the Mayor raise revenue to meet expenditure?"

Spending less would be a better option.

West London

Also, how should the Mayor raise revenue to meet expenditure?

Spending less would be a better option."

Spending less on what?

South West London

The thing about Sadiq Khan is hie has more to say about people driving through London in a diesel car but you don't hear from him much when a teenager gets stabbed on the street

West London

"The thing about Sadiq Khan is hie has more to say about people driving through London in a diesel car but you don't hear from him much when a teenager gets stabbed on the street"

Still waiting to hear what data you have about the statements on budgets etc. That you made earlier.

"Sadiq Khan's £8.5m plan to tackle violence after 16 people stabbed in London in just 5 days"

croydon

Now being reported that he is to get a ULEZ exemption for the road he lives in.

Only at certain times though

By *illowendMan  over a year ago

Southwold

Xenophobic

NW London

"Now being reported that he is to get a ULEZ exemption for the road he lives in.

"

Erm... As much as I dislike Khan, check the date of the article - April 1st.....

croydon

"Now being reported that he is to get a ULEZ exemption for the road he lives in.

Erm... As much as I dislike Khan, check the date of the article - April 1st..... "

Yes but still funny as the only certain times. IE APRIL 1st lol

South West London

Even still, I highly recommend that nobody votes for him next year and vote for someone who you don't have to like but is the least worse option then Sadiq the Nightmayor Khan

West London

"Even still, I highly recommend that nobody votes for him next year and vote for someone who you don't have to like but is the least worse option then Sadiq the Nightmayor Khan"

Even still that you haven't provided much information to back up your assertions?

South West London

Still trying to find the interview where he said he had no plans to expand ULEZ

South West London

So glad that Sadiq Khan going to court in the Summer over the ULEZ policy

West London

"So glad that Sadiq Khan going to court in the Summer over the ULEZ policy"

What would it tell you if he wins?

golden fields

This is a really interesting case study in how the media works in this county.

Google search "Sadiq Khan ULEZ" and click the news option.

The councils who are taking him to court (all tories) have a weak case

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"So glad that Sadiq Khan going to court in the Summer over the ULEZ policy

The councils who are taking him to court (all tories) have a weak case "

Question, how does charging a person £12.50 a day to use their car reduce air pollution?

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Question, how does charging a person £12.50 a day to use their car reduce air pollution? "

You will not get any fan mail with a factual quote like that.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Question, how does charging a person £12.50 a day to use their car reduce air pollution? "

presumably it reduces the number of people who drive. So overall emissions go down.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Question, how does charging a person £12.50 a day to use their car reduce air pollution? presumably it reduces the number of people who drive. So overall emissions go down. "

I'm not sure emissions have gone down, a report by TFL said that numbers of vehicles had reduced in the ULEZ but no change in the level of pollutants.

No idea

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Question, how does charging a person £12.50 a day to use their car reduce air pollution? presumably it reduces the number of people who drive. So overall emissions go down.

I'm not sure emissions have gone down, a report by TFL said that numbers of vehicles had reduced in the ULEZ but no change in the level of pollutants.

"

that is interesting. Can you DM me a link. Totally counterintuitive

South West London

Whether Sadiq Khan wins the court case or not doesn't bother me too much but I just hope it sways enough people from voting for him next year. But obviously some of you in here will vote him regardless.

NW London

Question, how does charging a person £12.50 a day to use their car reduce air pollution? presumably it reduces the number of people who drive. So overall emissions go down.

"

Sounds about right- the air pollution problems are exacerbated the notoriously slow traffic in London, often as a result of underused bus lanes, LTNS and cycle highways bringing traffic to a standstill

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

I'm also assuming it is to steer people onto public transport instead of driving. However the rich people may not be concerned about paying it so you could end up with a 2 tier system. Driving in London will be a privilege for the rich once again.

South West London

Sadiq Khan pulled funding from Tower Of Hamlets because they looking to get rid of some LTNs which he opposes too. Now tell me how is that right

golden fields

"Sadiq Khan pulled funding from Tower Of Hamlets because they looking to get rid of some LTNs which he opposes too. Now tell me how is that right"

Did you read the story? That will give you the context.

West London

"Sadiq Khan pulled funding from Tower Of Hamlets because they looking to get rid of some LTNs which he opposes too. Now tell me how is that right"

The LTNs outside schools?

West London

"Whether Sadiq Khan wins the court case or not doesn't bother me too much but I just hope it sways enough people from voting for him next year. But obviously some of you in here will vote him regardless. "

That doesn't really make any sense.

So you're glad that there's a court case costing tens if not hundreds of thousands, but you only care if changes voting patterns.

Shallow thinking, no?

West London

They are less likely to use it.

They are more likely to buy a less polluting vehicle.

The money can be used to improve/maintain/subsidise the mass transit system for expensive else which is far less polluting or Mike targeted per person.

West London

"

ULEZ area has grown at the same time as lockdown raised.

Fewer cars in the new ULEZ area, more cars in the old ULEZ area.

Pollution dropped then increased in the (old) central area. Dropped in the new, outer area.

As far as I can see from the six month report.

West London

Question, how does charging a person £12.50 a day to use their car reduce air pollution?

I'm also assuming it is to steer people onto public transport instead of driving. However the rich people may not be concerned about paying it so you could end up with a 2 tier system. Driving in London will be a privilege for the rich once again."

Also pretty old second hand cars are ULEZ compliant.

2005 petrol and 2015 diesel onwards.

There are car grants, I believe.

That doesn't sound like it limits driving in London to rich people.

Congestion charge makes sense if you want buses to run on time and deliveries to be made.

South West London

"Sadiq Khan pulled funding from Tower Of Hamlets because they looking to get rid of some LTNs which he opposes too. Now tell me how is that right

The LTNs outside schools?"

Well he can always introduce controlled zones where cars can't enter roads between certain times during school days

South West London

"Whether Sadiq Khan wins the court case or not doesn't bother me too much but I just hope it sways enough people from voting for him next year. But obviously some of you in here will vote him regardless.

So you're glad that there's a court case costing tens if not hundreds of thousands, but you only care if changes voting patterns.

Shallow thinking, no?"

It does make sense, obviously I prefer he loses the court case but even if the court rules in his favour, thats gonna annoy a lot of of people to a point come next year they will not vote for him and vote for someone who at the very least promises to have a referundum whether the ULEZ expansion should stay or not.

Well you say it cost thousands of pounds to fund a court case but have no problem when Sadiq Khan spends £160 million on a scheme that most people didnt want without a proper consultation? Ok

West London

"Whether Sadiq Khan wins the court case or not doesn't bother me too much but I just hope it sways enough people from voting for him next year. But obviously some of you in here will vote him regardless.

Shallow thinking, no? It does make sense, obviously I prefer he loses the court case but even if the court rules in his favour, thats gonna annoy a lot of of people to a point come next year they will not vote for him and vote for someone who at the very least promises to have a referundum whether the ULEZ expansion should stay or not.

Well you say it cost thousands of pounds to fund a court case but have no problem when Sadiq Khan spends £160 million on a scheme that most people didnt want without a proper consultation? Ok"

Most people?

Proper consultation?

Discuss. Is this the same way Khan, apparently, said there were no plans to expand ULEZ and there is half a billion cash lying around?

croydon

Shallow thinking, no? It does make sense, obviously I prefer he loses the court case but even if the court rules in his favour, thats gonna annoy a lot of of people to a point come next year they will not vote for him and vote for someone who at the very least promises to have a referundum whether the ULEZ expansion should stay or not.

Well you say it cost thousands of pounds to fund a court case but have no problem when Sadiq Khan spends £160 million on a scheme that most people didnt want without a proper consultation? Ok

Most people?

Proper consultation?

Discuss. Is this the same way Khan, apparently, said there were no plans to expand ULEZ and there is half a billion cash lying around? "

Yes his consultation for the extention came back with the majority against.But as he didnt like that they removed 5K of objections.

As to his manifesto there was nothing in it for either extending or not,but anyone with any sense would of seen it comming.

And I think the 500 million refers to monies allocated to projects that have not started yet from my Googling.

croydon

"Sadiq Khan pulled funding from Tower Of Hamlets because they looking to get rid of some LTNs which he opposes too. Now tell me how is that right

The LTNs outside schools? Well he can always introduce controlled zones where cars can't enter roads between certain times during school days"

This has already been done outside of a lot of schools.But this is more to control the parents and their parking.

The problem that has been raised with some LTNs is the delay to emergency services when you stick silly planters in the way to block a road off.

And the best known one that had to be removed was the so called Crystal Palace Triangle.Caused absolute chaos in the area.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 37 weeks ago

South West London

I hope between now until next May this will be the beginning of the end for Comrade Sadiq the NightMayor Khan

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"I hope between now until next May this will be the beginning of the end for Comrade Sadiq the NightMayor Khan"

He's the overwhelming favourite to win next Mayrol race. The Tories candidate doesn't stand a chance.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 37 weeks ago

South West London

For now his but believe me that will change

By *ertcamembertMan 37 weeks ago

Reading area

The ULEZ may do for Sadiq Khan what the poll tax did for Margaret Thatcher...

By *icolerobbieCouple 36 weeks ago

walsall

"The ULEZ may do for Sadiq Khan what the poll tax did for Margaret Thatcher..."

Maybe. There seems to be a lot of people actively sabotaging the new cameras.

I don’t agree with this type of activism wether it’s from JSO or anti ulez protestors.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 36 weeks ago

South West London

Your right I don't agree with the vandalism where people are destroying the ULEZ cameras as it achieves nothing, best way to deal with it is chuck the Khan out next year in the Mayoral Election. I dont care who you vote for it just cant be him

walsall

"Your right I don't agree with the vandalism where people are destroying the ULEZ cameras as it achieves nothing, best way to deal with it is chuck the Khan out next year in the Mayoral Election. I dont care who you vote for it just cant be him"

He may go but I doubt the ulez will, irrespective of who his successor may be.

walsall

"Your right I don't agree with the vandalism where people are destroying the ULEZ cameras as it achieves nothing, best way to deal with it is chuck the Khan out next year in the Mayoral Election. I dont care who you vote for it just cant be him"

He may go but I doubt the ulez will, irrespective of who his successor may be.

South West London

ULEZ will definitely not go but maybe the expansion will and keep it where it is at the moment by someone else. Chuck the Khan out

South West London

Bad enough that Sadiq Khan is still London Mayor but I'm hearing (and I hope to god it isn't true) that Jeremy Corbyn is considering running to be London Mayor too. If that's the case then thats 2 people I have to stop from being Mayor of London

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

"Bad enough that Sadiq Khan is still London Mayor but I'm hearing (and I hope to god it isn't true) that Jeremy Corbyn is considering running to be London Mayor too. If that's the case then thats 2 people I have to stop from being Mayor of London"

Sounds a bit undemocratic, chap.

By *ertcamembertMan 36 weeks ago

Reading area

"Your right I don't agree with the vandalism where people are destroying the ULEZ cameras as it achieves nothing, best way to deal with it is chuck the Khan out next year in the Mayoral Election. I dont care who you vote for it just cant be him

He may go but I doubt the ulez will, irrespective of who his successor may be."

Susan Hall has stated publicly that if she wins the mayoral election she will stop the ULEZ on day one. Does anybody trust a politician to keep to their word?

South West London

"Bad enough that Sadiq Khan is still London Mayor but I'm hearing (and I hope to god it isn't true) that Jeremy Corbyn is considering running to be London Mayor too. If that's the case then thats 2 people I have to stop from being Mayor of London

Sounds a bit undemocratic, chap. "

It aint

South West London

"Your right I don't agree with the vandalism where people are destroying the ULEZ cameras as it achieves nothing, best way to deal with it is chuck the Khan out next year in the Mayoral Election. I dont care who you vote for it just cant be him

He may go but I doubt the ulez will, irrespective of who his successor may be.Susan Hall has stated publicly that if she wins the mayoral election she will stop the ULEZ on day one. Does anybody trust a politician to keep to their word?"

She said she stop the expansion on day one if she's elected but ULEZ will still be here in it's current formation

By *ornucopiaMan 36 weeks ago

Bexley

"

The LTNs outside schools?

Well he can always introduce controlled zones where cars can't enter roads between certain times during school days"

Can't do that. It would ruin the trade in school run Range Rovers!

By *ty31Man 36 weeks ago

NW London

He may go but I doubt the ulez will, irrespective of who his successor may be."

Sadly this is true- it's very obvious that all the major political parties (despite what they say in public) want this tax on working people to prop up the failing and mismanaged TFL budget. None of them care about the collateral damage this will cause.

__

Also today's gem from Sadiq- ULEZ will benefit tradies as they will take less sick days from air pollution