FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Energy price cap could hit £5,000..

Energy price cap could hit £5,000..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

Energy price cap could hit £5,000 if Ukraine war drags on.

WAR in Ukraine could push up energy bills to £5,000 by the autumn, ministers have been warned.

An initial assessment from Ofgem is understood to have told ministers that the energy price cap is currently on course to rise to around £2,400 in October.

But a Whitehall source said the energy regulator has warned it could jump to double that figure if the war disrupts global energy supplies.

'The central projection is for another 20 per cent rise to around £2,400. But because the situation is very volatile the range is very wide – it could be anywhere between £1,500 and £5,000 depending on the extent to which the war affects gas supplies.'

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Energy price cap could hit £5,000 if Ukraine war drags on.

WAR in Ukraine could push up energy bills to £5,000 by the autumn, ministers have been warned.

An initial assessment from Ofgem is understood to have told ministers that the energy price cap is currently on course to rise to around £2,400 in October.

But a Whitehall source said the energy regulator has warned it could jump to double that figure if the war disrupts global energy supplies.

'The central projection is for another 20 per cent rise to around £2,400. But because the situation is very volatile the range is very wide – it could be anywhere between £1,500 and £5,000 depending on the extent to which the war affects gas supplies.'"

Your glass is more than half empty today.

Longridge

We'll see..

Whatever it is, I'll only be paying 15% of it..

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

'The central projection is for another 20 per cent rise to around £2,400. But because the situation is very volatile the range is very wide – it could be anywhere between £1,500 and £5,000 depending on the extent to which the war affects gas supplies.'

"

no just wants another thread to bang on about his energy savings.

all around

no just wants another thread to bang on about his energy savings. "

After he paid out in advance for equipment that will be obselete in a few years lol

Let's get fracking

Longridge

Nothing beats the unprovoked nastiness from a pheasant plucker behind his keyboard aimed at those trying to advise and pre-warn others of what maybe a reality.

As for obsolete technologies, fossil fuels are the obsolescent, as the continued destruction of our planet by releasing further CO2 into the atmosphere to generate electricity, a complete waste of a useful product and has to stop although I gather that isn't something you'd care about.

As for the expected 30 year battery life, 35 year panel life and 7yrs inverter life (which still have 17yrs warranty remaining), I think you've missed the point.

These products will continue bring a benefit to the planet for years after I've left it and in years to come, humanity will be passed down to a generation that cares.

Strange that offline and others from here have headed advice for alternative forms of provision of energy that you seek to demean.

As for Fracking and being part of the group in Lancashire campaigning against it, it is a fallacy that will never happen.

Paid for upfront, paid for itself already and continues to give free energy, back up power during outages and protection from the high prices coming down the track, while the rest of the world is scrabbling for the limited supply of LNG.

"I'm alright Jack", but if offering to share 7yrs of learning experience I now pass on to others for financial rewards offends you, then why not just change the channel and let those who don't understand, want to learn and benefit, do so.

I guess the Green monster has taken over the keyboard and no doubt, normal service will resume soon!

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Have you seen just how big the batteries will need to be to store electricity

And the fact that there have been more than a few explosions and fires!

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Maybe one way to reduce your bills would to try and use a bit less.

Had a leak in heating system a few weeks ago and had no radiators.

Put a jumper and coat on when it got too chilly, it was fine.

No real issues so have started to switch off heating a bit more instead of just expecting it to be on all evening.

Maybe have 3 day weeks, alternative days of gas supply, break out the bobble hats.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Energy savings . . .

About 3 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and the best decision we made at the time was to install an Induction Hob. It saves us on average about 74% of cooking costs, which lets face it energy used for cooking in any family household is a big spend item.

Induction cooks exactly like gas and is more controllable than gas in many ways (have a look online for how and why). Induction Hobs are the same price as gas and electric now, too.

Looking to save money and environmental output - cook induction.

near ipswich

"Energy savings . . .

About 3 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and the best decision we made at the time was to install an Induction Hob. It saves us on average about 74% of cooking costs, which lets face it energy used for cooking in any family household is a big spend item.

Induction cooks exactly like gas and is more controllable than gas in many ways (have a look online for how and why). Induction Hobs are the same price as gas and electric now, too.

Looking to save money and environmental output - cook induction. "

yep they are good but you have to replace your pots and pans too but a small price to pay.

In addition, we have just started a steady move to solar too. So far we have connected the output to two electric blankets one 55-inch TV and Sound Bar and the energy from a 100% full battery only goes to 55% for a night of Netflix in bed (about 5 hours) all thanks to the FREE power of the sun - one battery and one solar panel.

If you can make changes to how you use energy, you really should.

"Energy savings . . .

Looking to save money and environmental output - cook induction. yep they are good but you have to replace your pots and pans too but a small price to pay. "

Good point - all our pans are from IKEA and all were Induction when we bought them so we didn't need to do the extra cost at the time (luckily)

near ipswich

"Energy savings . . .

Looking to save money and environmental output - cook induction. yep they are good but you have to replace your pots and pans too but a small price to pay.

Good point - all our pans are from IKEA and all were Induction when we bought them so we didn't need to do the extra cost at the time (luckily) "

Still worth doing though.

[Removed by poster at 12/04/22 13:18:41]

"Energy savings . . .

Looking to save money and environmental output - cook induction. yep they are good but you have to replace your pots and pans too but a small price to pay.

Good point - all our pans are from IKEA and all were Induction when we bought them so we didn't need to do the extra cost at the time (luckily) Still worth doing though."

Very much so - it is to cooking what LED is to halogen. Perhaps even more so.

Actually we might have gone a bit crazy on energy saving in the last 3 years, as all our appliances and lighting in controlled by smart plugs too lol. Quite few have schedules too. Plus on/off from anywhere in the world.

A little bit of thinking and planning goes a long way.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

no just wants another thread to bang on about his energy savings. "

Might have enough of a saving to buy something useful by 2024

£5000, i’d thought it would be higher. Tbh. It’ll certainly help make the shops and the toads quieter.

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"£5000, i’d thought it would be higher. Tbh. It’ll certainly help make the shops and the toads quieter. "

Maybe people will start croaking instead?

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

my main residence has been off gird for 17 years. the others are off grid for electricity and heat. the rentals i have all benefit from solar pv with battery wall tech, solar hot water and rain/grey water harvesting. i saw this all comming back in the 80's after being enlightened by a group of monkey wrenchers at a gig we played in labrador city canada. being self sufficient was clearly a good idea when government consistently makes poor choices regarding fundamental human needs in favour of institutional avarice.

"£5000, i’d thought it would be higher. Tbh. It’ll certainly help make the shops and the toads quieter.

Maybe people will start croaking instead?"

all around

"Nothing beats the unprovoked nastiness from a pheasant plucker behind his keyboard aimed at those trying to advise and pre-warn others of what maybe a reality.

As for obsolete technologies, fossil fuels are the obsolescent, as the continued destruction of our planet by releasing further CO2 into the atmosphere to generate electricity, a complete waste of a useful product and has to stop although I gather that isn't something you'd care about.

As for the expected 30 year battery life, 35 year panel life and 7yrs inverter life (which still have 17yrs warranty remaining), I think you've missed the point.

These products will continue bring a benefit to the planet for years after I've left it and in years to come, humanity will be passed down to a generation that cares.

Strange that offline and others from here have headed advice for alternative forms of provision of energy that you seek to demean.

As for Fracking and being part of the group in Lancashire campaigning against it, it is a fallacy that will never happen.

Paid for upfront, paid for itself already and continues to give free energy, back up power during outages and protection from the high prices coming down the track, while the rest of the world is scrabbling for the limited supply of LNG.

"I'm alright Jack", but if offering to share 7yrs of learning experience I now pass on to others for financial rewards offends you, then why not just change the channel and let those who don't understand, want to learn and benefit, do so.

I guess the Green monster has taken over the keyboard and no doubt, normal service will resume soon!"

Lol

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Energy savings . . .

Looking to save money and environmental output - cook induction. yep they are good but you have to replace your pots and pans too but a small price to pay. "

The last two Neff hobs I've bought have come with pan sets

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 12/04/22 20:54:50]

Bristol

Can’t use an induction hob it would fuck with my pacemaker

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 12/04/22 22:03:56]

Longridge

"Energy savings . . .

You probably already do, but use a steam pan set and get the timings right, you can cook a full Xmas dinner using only one ring on it..

Buy two sets of stickers and use the main pan with 4x steamers stacked on top.

Longridge

"Have you seen just how big the batteries will need to be to store electricity

"

I have 4x 10kwh batteries (40kw in total).

They weight 56kg each,

60cm wide 60cm deep 45cm high and stacked one on top of the other in the garage, about the same as a 3 drawer filing cabinet.

Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) are completely safe, can be crushed, drilled through, burnt with a blow torch and won't ignite, nor explode.

100% safe and small footprint.

They'll charge/discharge at 400amps around 20kw/per hour and last up to 30 years at which point they'll still hold 80% rated capacity.

They weight 56kg each,

60cm wide 60cm deep 45cm high and stacked one on top of the other in the garage, about the same as a 3 drawer filing cabinet.

Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) are completely safe, can be crushed, drilled through, burnt with a blow torch and won't ignite, nor explode.

They'll charge/discharge at 400amps around 20kw/per hour and last up to 30 years at which point they'll still hold 80% rated capacity."

Fk me, I can’t imagine what kind of dildo needs that kind of battery! Riveting stuff though

Longridge

A DeWalt 18 volt reciprocating saw with an adaptor connecting Dildos and Fleshlights, like nothing else on the planet.

Remove cap, screw on adapter and enjoy variable speed of up to 2,900 cycles per minute at 28mm stroke length. Knocks socks off any 'fucking' machine!!

Just ensure plenty lube as friction burns are not good!!

Longridge

They weight 56kg each,

They'll charge/discharge at 400amps around 20kw/per hour and last up to 30 years at which point they'll still hold 80% rated capacity.

Fk me, I can’t imagine what kind of dildo needs that kind of battery! Riveting stuff though "

Loving summer of Free..

Free hot water

Free Air Conditioning

Free Car Charging

Zero electricity import

Best of all

Free 3kw patio heaters on chilly nights

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Energy savings . . .

Agreed.

We are recent converts to induction and just wow…

That PLUS setting when you want a fast heat up… I would not have thought it possible that cold water could boil so quickly.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"We'll see..

Whatever it is, I'll only be paying 15% of it.."

how come ?

Longridge

Yeh, they're brilliant.

Have cooker induction and couple years ago LIDL was opening selling portable doubles for half price £24.99, the Sun was offering £10 off when spending £40.

Bought enough Sun's to cover 50 of them. Sold back on eBay for £69 each, leaving over £2k profit.

Kept top, one for camping, one for use next to the BBQ in garden.

They are awesome in a camper. Chuck in cupboard when not using.

Longridge

"We'll see..

Whatever it is, I'll only be paying 15% of it..how come ?"

Just frickin amazing what obsolete equipment can do.. 1,560kwh in the last 6 weeks.. car charger's going out for rent two days a week to cover Winter bills.

merseyside

"Energy savings . . .

Looking to save money and environmental output - cook induction.

Agreed.

We are recent converts to induction and just wow…

That PLUS setting when you want a fast heat up… I would not have thought it possible that cold water could boil so quickly."

Sorry to disagree.

I tried to boil water from cold, took forever.

I suppose if I'd put the pan on the correct ring it may have been a tad quicker.

merseyside

'The central projection is for another 20 per cent rise to around £2,400. But because the situation is very volatile the range is very wide – it could be anywhere between £1,500 and £5,000 depending on the extent to which the war affects gas supplies.'"

Well, this winter it's coats, sleeping bags and hot water bottles for us.

I suppose I should figure out where the most power is used.

May have to revert back to washing dishes in the sink, maybe turning off central heating once sitting in a pool of sweat, maybe shorts and tee shirts on a freezing winter night could be replaced with winter attire.

Looking forward to the winter adventure.

near ipswich

May have to revert back to washing dishes in the sink, maybe turning off central heating once sitting in a pool of sweat, maybe shorts and tee shirts on a freezing winter night could be replaced with winter attire.

Looking forward to the winter adventure. "

Just spend 3 months in the canaries i will catch up with you there.

merseyside

Looking forward to the winter adventure. Just spend 3 months in the canaries i will catch up with you there. "

Haha.

Going later on this year.

» Add a new message to this topic