FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Ukraine - the narrative the West doesn't hear

Ukraine - the narrative the West doesn't hear

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *V-Alice OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

This is the title of a piece by Frank Gardner. He knows his stuff and it's nothing more than a balanced bit of reporting.

You can read it here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61272203

If you want to.

He's not said anything that a lot of people already know - if they're aware enough.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I read this last night and it does raise a few questions about how we approach things from our self righteous viewpoints.

If Russia is a pariah state then why have we been buying oil from them ? Also why are they totally integrated into our elite political system.

With China growing into a global power militarily why are we still buying everything off them? We are funding our own doom.

Also isn’t it time we stopped invading countries just because we don’t like the regime such as with Iraq. Hundreds of thousands of people have died and still are dying because of our actions all those years ago.

Our arrogance is unbelievable.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This is the title of a piece by Frank Gardner. He knows his stuff and it's nothing more than a balanced bit of reporting.

You can read it here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61272203

If you want to.

He's not said anything that a lot of people already know - if they're aware enough."

The NATO bullhorns on here won't like this.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I'm sure lots of people accept the west is by no means perfect. There are enough dissenting voices in the UK of the Iraq war to know that.

And I'm sure many know why those who rely on Russia are slow to condemn.

But the article seemed to be about why countries aren't condemning Russia publically rather than saying Russia are right in their reasons for invading.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

It is a pretty tame article to be honest: not everyone is enamoured with us and various people around the world have strategic and historical reasons to maintain relationships with Russia.

That doesn’t exactly seem a ground breaking insight.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"I'm sure lots of people accept the west is by no means perfect. There are enough dissenting voices in the UK of the Iraq war to know that.

But the article seemed to be about why countries aren't condemning Russia publically rather than saying Russia are right in their reasons for invading.

"

this entirely.

"I'm sure lots of people accept the west is by no means perfect. There are enough dissenting voices in the UK of the Iraq war to know that.

"

NATO are a long way from being the good guys and explained why other nations don't share NATOs high opinion of itself.

I was certainly disillusioned by it after being through one illegal war in the army, and subsequent conflicts

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

NATO are a long way from being the good guys and explained why other nations don't share NATOs high opinion of itself.

I was certainly disillusioned by it after being through one illegal war in the army, and subsequent conflicts

"

so was Russia justified in invading ?

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"

Was this a "NATO" war or just USA and puppet Bliar??

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

" so was Russia justified in invading ? "

There is no way they will straight out answer this….

They are in the “but the other side……….” Business

To say “yes” they would have to admit that two wrongs make it right!!!! That the ends justify the means….

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Russia is terrified of their own people wanting democracy that’s the reason for the whole invasion

By *V-Alice OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

so was Russia justified in invading ? "

Not at all.

However, I've made the point in here before, that no matter how evil the likes of Putin, Xi, etc are; the vast bulk of the world's people and resources are not in the countries that adhere to the West's notion of a "rules based order".

Add to that the fact that the UK and USA, in particular, ignore their own rules to suit them; and, if our leaders aren't careful, they'll divide the world in two - with us and our "values" on one side and everyone else and their resources on the other.

It's no longer the 19th or 20th century, the economy - like it or not - is global and we're not capable of taking resources by force any more.

We're going to have to put up with a lot of shit from utter cunts - if we want our cushy way of life to continue.

And the utter cunts know it.

Show me a government without corruption and I'll show you a coup about to happen..

Was this a "NATO" war or just USA and puppet Bliar??"

I would say both. NATO at the moment is really the USA and it's proxy forces.

Blair was a fucking puppet to Bush, Europe didn't buy into the lies from the Americans, Blair I think went along with it and knew it was all lies.

Remember that it's all about America first., Including the Russian conflict.

The Americans have been after Russia for decades, looking to win the cold war, and now with Russia on the backfoot, will push more. There was tough talk from America , bragging about ignoring Russian concerns and that tosser he biden saying "we ignore russia n red lines,' at Ukrainian expense I might add.

America is laughing up its sleeve! It's got Russia n military being damaged at no expense to American forces, and they're using the Ukrainian people to get at Russia.

I wouldn't be surprised if America declares Estonia etc.. will be invited into NATO to provoke Russia to attack those countries too.. at their expense to hit russia harder.

I saw that speech were blinken was talking of the Russian atrocities (and they are atrocities) and him with his fake pauses to pretend he's upset.. when laughing up his sleeve.the Americans use anyone and everyone for their own ends...

Anyone remember the Afghans? Deserted by America because they've no use for them anymore

[Removed by poster at 03/05/22 17:10:16]

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Blair was a fucking puppet to Bush, Europe didn't buy into the lies from the Americans, Blair I think went along with it and knew it was all lies.

The Americans have been after Russia for decades, looking to win the cold war, and now with Russia on the backfoot, will push more. There was tough talk from America , bragging about ignoring Russian concerns and that tosser he biden saying "we ignore russia n red lines,' at Ukrainian expense I might add.

America is laughing up its sleeve! It's got Russia n military being damaged at no expense to American forces, and they're using the Ukrainian people to get at Russia.

I wouldn't be surprised if America declares Estonia etc.. will be invited into NATO to provoke Russia to attack those countries too.. at their expense to hit russia harder.

I saw that speech were blinken was talking of the Russian atrocities (and they are atrocities) and him with his fake pauses to pretend he's upset.. when laughing up his sleeve.the Americans use anyone and everyone for their own ends...

Anyone remember the Afghans? Deserted by America because they've no use for them anymore

"

Estonia is already part of NATO and has been since 2004, it joined the same time as Bulgaria, Latvia,Lithuania, Slovakia,Slovenia and Romania. The rest of your post i will not waste my time with.

Estonia is already part of NATO and has been since 2004, it joined the same time as Bulgaria, Latvia,Lithuania, Slovakia,Slovenia and Romania. The rest of your post i will not waste my time with."

Well you get the gist, and no worries. Your entitled to your opinion as is everyone else

» Add a new message to this topic