FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > China very quiet on Ukraine

China very quiet on Ukraine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Is that just down to their self inflicted covid issues or are they finally realising that support of the Russian incursion night not be the best idea...?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As with all things involving China the situation is multi layered and complex as they have goals of their own.They’ve been planning their own invasion of Afghanistan for years as well.

You have to remember that China doesn’t see Russia as an equal it sees it more as a future puppet state for uses in its geopolitical games right now its only use at the minute is it could possibly weaken India.

The Russian incursion while they support it and parrot all the official Russian lines to its people is becoming more of a headache to them than anything else.Especially in Europe while China might like to redraw some borders in the future it doesn’t want what the Russians want.

Basically China sees itself as the new master of the global order not some sick parody of an Empire like Russia is today.Russias support for random fringe separatists certainly doesn’t help matters.China likes to be in control before making demands.

Everything I’ve seen does indicate they still have a covid problem but it is much worse in Russia especially with a lot of other factors compounding it could honestly see China arranging for Putin to have a nice long nap in the near future so they can exert control feel weird saying this but that could turn out better for the Russian people.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Russia's biggest strategic mistake really has been to polarise the West. It's brought western nations closer and clearer in terms of how they view Russia.

I don't think that we will reach nuclear war, but the doomsday clock may have just skipped a few beats.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Ooops missed a paragraph - I think China is playing a 'wait and see' strategy.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Ooops missed a paragraph - I think China is playing a 'wait and see' strategy. "

Agreed. That is China's stock position on pretty much every political decision.

1. Never declare your true intentions.

2. Obfuscate when asked for detail.

3. Sit on the fence.

4. Keep everyone guessing.

China play the long game when it comes to politics.

They play "Chess" whilst the rest of the world play "tiddlywinks".

I find much to admire about their politics, especially the long game and deep strategy.

I find little to admire about the rest of the country with regards to people's rights however.

But their politics and professional diplomacy is quite incredible.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Why would they care, they're getting cheap oil and gas

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

China is looking for a chance to drop Russia without looking stupid for backing them in the first instance. They'll come out with some glowing reason why they no longer support the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What's the odds they're weighing up the Ukraine and thinking about Taiwan?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Ooops missed a paragraph - I think China is playing a 'wait and see' strategy.

3. Sit on the fence.

I find much to admire about their politics, especially the long game and deep strategy.

I find little to admire about the rest of the country with regards to people's rights however.

"

Yep. This. I'd add a much more recent (for them):

5. Have a strategic plan for resources, infrastructure and trade.

As for their long game - it's backed by a resolve and an intelligence about reality that Westerners used to have, but don't anymore.

Why? Because we thought we'd won, when the game is nowhere near finished yet.

The Chinese don't do short term. They never have.

Yes, China is a police state engaged in genocide against a section of its own population - but it's been around for centuries longer than the USA or UK, as a functioning state.

And it's never been a democracy.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Ooops missed a paragraph - I think China is playing a 'wait and see' strategy.

3. Sit on the fence.

Yep. This. I'd add a much more recent (for them):

5. Have a strategic plan for resources, infrastructure and trade.

As for their long game - it's backed by a resolve and an intelligence about reality that Westerners used to have, but don't anymore.

Why? Because we thought we'd won, when the game is nowhere near finished yet.

The Chinese don't do short term. They never have.

Yes, China is a police state engaged in genocide against a section of its own population - but it's been around for centuries longer than the USA or UK, as a functioning state.

And it's never been a democracy."

Like this... Everydays a school day.

As for democracy... Or the west's version of it... Don't you think it's a parroted illusion...what we think we want / need compared to what's in reality attainable ? Take our most recent "democratic" process.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"What's the odds they're weighing up the Ukraine and thinking about Taiwan?"

I believe any said plans for "reunification" over Taiwan have been firmly kicked in to the long grass now.

China have seen the reaction to the Russian Federation and Ukraine and they do not want to go down that path.

They have spend decades aligning themselves as the "world's factory", and the financial success of this have been immense.

They have successfully "slotted in" capitalism at "arms length" to their communist ideology. A bold statement but I believe that is how The Party perceive this relationship.

I personally believe they will go on a "charm offensive" with Taiwan.

This is China and they play the long game, remember.

Their will be a softening of their stance, cultural appeasement, fostered respect, greater ties of cooperation, investment, mutual understanding, all over the course of 2 or more generations.

You reel a big fish slowly and as the proverb goes, "slowly, slowly, catchee monkey".

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"What's the odds they're weighing up the Ukraine and thinking about Taiwan?

I believe any said plans for "reunification" over Taiwan have been firmly kicked in to the long grass now.

China have seen the reaction to the Russian Federation and Ukraine and they do not want to go down that path.

They have spend decades aligning themselves as the "world's factory", and the financial success of this have been immense.

They have successfully "slotted in" capitalism at "arms length" to their communist ideology. A bold statement but I believe that is how The Party perceive this relationship.

I personally believe they will go on a "charm offensive" with Taiwan.

This is China and they play the long game, remember.

Their will be a softening of their stance, cultural appeasement, fostered respect, greater ties of cooperation, investment, mutual understanding, all over the course of 2 or more generations.

You reel a big fish slowly and as the proverb goes, "slowly, slowly, catchee monkey".

"

Yep. The Chinese could, if they want, take Taiwan by force - but why bother inflicting such a huge cost on your people and economy?

They have plenty of time - and tend to avoid unnecessary military conflict.

Which, sadly, is something the USA and its 51st State, the UK have tended not to do.

It's led to a loss of influence and credibility for them, worldwide - and that's not a good thing.

If you think that's not the case, ask yourselves why Hungary - never mind China, India and S. Africa - doesn't give a shit what its own allies think?

» Add a new message to this topic