FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Abortion law - My body, my choice.

Abortion law - My body, my choice.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Are you also following what is happening in america about it and what do you think about it and the leaked document?

As a leaked document signals that the US supreme court is poised to strike down the landmark 1973 ruling in roe v wade, millions of american women face losing their access to legal abortions, joining millions more living in those countries rejecting a womans right to choose.

Protesters demonstrate in austin, texas, against the state’s strict new abortion law, which bans abortion at six weeks. I agree with them when they say "My, body, my choice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I can’t believe women are still fighting for this crap.

Some of the comments I’ve seen online you wouldn’t think we were human, just a vessel for babies.

This won’t stop abortions, all it will do will increase unsafe abortions.

No one has the right to tell another human what to do with their body.

The decision is no one’s else’s but the woman who owns the uterus. End of story

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Backwards shite

America seems to be sliding towards authoritarian theocracy!

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

This is what happens when the only political choice you have is between two capitalist parties who only benefit the interests of the wealthy.

What a sad state of affairs

Firstly no man should ever decide what goes off in a women’s body, it’s her right to choose absolutely anything she likes, the choice should always be just that and the fact it’s even being considered just shows how far we have descended into chaos, it actually smacks of fake news creation designed to create the most division and if it wasn’t the most emotive subject available most people would ignore it, right now what we need is unity, parity and common sense but the world is now on fire, fuelled by media, this is exactly how Rome fell and it’s sad… bottom line is none of this should even be on the table, pro choice all the way

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

More backstreet abortions, more psychologically affected children from broken homes.... Just as children and fathers have no choice whatsover in purposely secret, deeply gender biased and illegal family courts....

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

It would be an absolute travesty and no-one will make me think otherwise.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

The Republic of Gilead.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"It would be an absolute travesty and no-one will make me think otherwise. "

Just to be clear, the repealing of Roe vs Wade would be the travesty!!!!

It’s disgusting. And the USA are wrong on this 1.

I fear if passed, it will just lead to far more dodgy practices and illegal abortions.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

This is just an attack on the poor. Do you really think people with enough money won’t get abortions? Do you really think when a politician knocks up his mistress he won’t have connections?

This is directly aimed at poor people that would be financially crippled by an unplanned pregnancy.

If you want to make abortion illegal, then don’t turn women into unwilling baby carrying machines at the same time. If the state wants to make the decision for them, they should carry the responsibility of getting the baby to term without forcing it upon another human. I dunno how they’d do that, but I don’t understand how the land of the “free” can force someone to carry a baby they don’t want

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

It's horrendous. Abortion bans don't stop abortions, just make them unsafe.

If you want to reduce abortion, provide free contraception, give comprehensive sex education in schools, and make sure mothers have the finances to have a child.

But of course the religious right won't support those things because it's about control, not actually doing anything useful.

"I can’t believe women are still fighting for this crap.

Some of the comments I’ve seen online you wouldn’t think we were human, just a vessel for babies.

The decision is no one’s else’s but the woman who owns the uterus. End of story "

Yes, there are lots of comments on it online, you are right there as it wont stop the abortions.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

What you have to question is how the US became so bigoted as to even go down this path. It seems no matter how many televangelist or other scandals happen that there is a core of Americans who want to belong to something and sometimes that’s god, Trump, Racism/patriotism, or whatever cult welcomes them in. Perhaps if life wasn’t quite so hard in America and education was better then maybe there would be less of this horrendous power grabbing over the majority of humanity by the minority.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

What is the reasoning to ban abortions after the 6th week of pregnancy?

"What is the reasoning to ban abortions after the 6th week of pregnancy?"

I think because feotus/baby heart begins to beat at 5 weeks. The pro-life are all about the feotus being a living body

Terra Firma

"What is the reasoning to ban abortions after the 6th week of pregnancy?

I think because feotus/baby heart begins to beat at 5 weeks. The pro-life are all about the feotus being a living body"

Thank you

That makes sense as to the division over this in the US.

The people who believe life has begun and it should be protected, will never see a counter argument as valid, I guess.

I can see that argument, I am not saying I agree with it, but it would be interesting to understand the counter argument. Why should abortion go ahead after the heart has started to beat?

By *obby4swing35Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

I wonder why people dont get informed properly before they form their opinion on the matter . Reputting roe vs wade doesnt make abortions illegal , it gives the power back to the states where elected representatives will vote accordingly to the people's desire so probably there will be states where abortion will be illegal and some states will be allowed

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Only in America!!! So backward.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What is the reasoning to ban abortions after the 6th week of pregnancy?"

Most people don’t even realised they are pregnant at that stage… in theory you would not even have a missed period till 4 weeks.. and then if you think you might just be late… that would give you 7 days at most at the best case… most people won’t have a choice

It’s 24 weeks at most…. Mississippi wanted to bring it down to 15 weeks… but then republicans states wanted to outdo each other to the point where Texas said 6 weeks

Technically the reason republicans give is that is the 1st point from which a featus could have some sort of heartbeat….

The other issue is most states give no exceptions under any circumstances… none for ra pe, none for in cest, none for the health of the mother!!!

It looks like it’s going to be a 5-4 decision… the other problem is that when republicans moderate senators interviewed judges gorsich and kavanagh, they specifically said they would not change that law!

Republicans will hate this in the long run because it will galvanised democrats to come out in the midterm… the thinking being if they can do this to abortion, which is a 70-30 for issue with the public, it then puts subject’s like same sex marriage on shaky ground as it’s basically covered under the same 14th amendment

Terra Firma

Most people don’t even realised they are pregnant at that stage… in theory you would not even have a missed period till 4 weeks.. and then if you think you might just be late… that would give you 7 days at most at the best case… most people won’t have a choice

It’s 24 weeks at most…. Mississippi wanted to bring it down to 15 weeks… but then republicans states wanted to outdo each other to the point where Texas said 6 weeks

Technically the reason republicans give is that is the 1st point from which a featus could have some sort of heartbeat….

The other issue is most states give no exceptions under any circumstances… none for ra pe, none for in cest, none for the health of the mother!!!

It looks like it’s going to be a 5-4 decision… the other problem is that when republicans moderate senators interviewed judges gorsich and kavanagh, they specifically said they would not change that law!

Republicans will hate this in the long run because it will galvanised democrats to come out in the midterm… the thinking being if they can do this to abortion, which is a 70-30 for issue with the public, it then puts subject’s like same sex marriage on shaky ground as it’s basically covered under the same 14th amendment "

The way you have described it makes me feel as though the US are on the brink of something alike the Union and Confederacy. I write that and it sounds alarmist, however living in a state that wouldn't allow same sex marriage and abortion, even in the cases you mention above seems crazy! If this pans out anywhere near how you describe it, I would expect to see mass migrations across the States.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"I wonder why people dont get informed properly before they form their opinion on the matter . Reputting roe vs wade doesnt make abortions illegal , it gives the power back to the states where elected representatives will vote accordingly to the people's desire so probably there will be states where abortion will be illegal and some states will be allowed "

Pretty sure everyone knows that. The concern and anger is because there will be many states where abortion will banned.

I think because feotus/baby heart begins to beat at 5 weeks. The pro-life are all about the feotus being a living body

Thank you

That makes sense as to the division over this in the US.

The people who believe life has begun and it should be protected, will never see a counter argument as valid, I guess.

I can see that argument, I am not saying I agree with it, but it would be interesting to understand the counter argument. Why should abortion go ahead after the heart has started to beat?"

The counter argument usually goes along the lines that a foetus couldn't live outside the mother's body until a certain point, and so is not a life as such. This is why they are careful always to call it a foetus and not a baby. Because of course you don't want to think of killing a baby. But a foetus is different.

This is also why the cut-off point for abortion in the UK is 24 weeks (unless exceptional circumstances like risk of death to mother). Because a foetus at 24 weeks is a viable life, as in if born prematurely at 24 weeks they had a chance of survival. Though now premature babies are being born and surviving from 21/22 weeks so that is another can of worms.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

This was a Republican plan for years.

In order to maintain their Fundamentalist Christian vote they have stocked the Supreme Court with conservative justices.

It's the culmination of decades of planning.

Trump jumped on this and enabled the banging of the final nails in the coffin with his nominations.

This will be a Supreme Court ruling passing the decision to individual states so it will not be a universal right.

Very serious because it is both a judicial and democratic decision whatever the path was to reach it.

What it really demonstrates is the danger of politicians having any part in judicial appointments.

See Poland and Hungary and what our own government is attempting...

"This was a Republican plan for years.

In order to maintain their Fundamentalist Christian vote they have stocked the Supreme Court with conservative justices.

It's the culmination of decades of planning.

Trump jumped on this and enabled the banging of the final nails in the coffin with his nominations.

This will be a Supreme Court ruling passing the decision to individual states so it will not be a universal right.

Very serious because it is both a judicial and democratic decision whatever the path was to reach it.

What it really demonstrates is the danger of politicians having any part in judicial appointments.

See Poland and Hungary and what our own government is attempting..."

Spot on! And the GOP are putting a long train of candidates in place to eventually get to their longed-for theocracy.

Slough

Except for LA, NY and San Francisco, the rest of the country is “Bible belt” land. They generally do have pro-life views….they are not like the rest of the world.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Except for LA, NY and San Francisco, the rest of the country is “Bible belt” land. They generally do have pro-life views….they are not like the rest of the world. "

Except that every poll that is put with regards to roe vs wade, it’s normally roughly 70-30 to keep it as it is!! The fact that in most states there are NO exceptions under ANY circumstances makes it doubly cruel….

There is a race to the bottom on the republican side to see who can have the strictest rules… 6 weeks in itself makes it almost impossible, wanna go “out of state”? We will make it that anyone getting any help, from taxi drivers on up, can be charged… or do what Texas does and give people up to 10000 dollars if they snitch and that person is prosecuted!!!

Missouri want to put in there bill that if you conceive in the state, the foetus is a resident, and they will come after you regardless of which state you live in!!

Hardcore republicans will love this… but republicans in swing states will be the ones who face the backlash from this…. Wanna galvanise women and democrats who might not have really liked what Biden is doing to vote in November.. this is it!!

Devil's advocate what about the foetus /BABY do they not have a right to life as well before anyone one starts I have no interest in the subject. My personal view is its her body but I do wonder about things.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"I am not saying I agree with it, but it would be interesting to understand the counter argument. Why should abortion go ahead after the heart has started to beat?"

The counter argument is that the heart hasn't started to beat. At 6 weeks what you can hear 'beating' is a small bunch of cells that will eventually become the heart. At the 6 week mark they aren't forming a cavity, they aren't connected to a vascular system, and they aren't moving blood. Describing it as a "heart beat" is wildly inaccurate.

"Only in America!!! So backward."

And what happens over there seems to find the other side of the pond eventually. Not a good move this one. No EU human rights squad to stop ot here wither if the mental brigade decide to push on it.

Slough

"Devil's advocate what about the foetus /BABY do they not have a right to life as well before anyone one starts I have no interest in the subject. My personal view is its her body but I do wonder about things. "

It’s a foetus and is NOT a child until it has been given birth to. Frankly why the hell should it have rights? It’s the right of the woman first and foremost.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I think because feotus/baby heart begins to beat at 5 weeks. The pro-life are all about the feotus being a living body"

The same pro-life people who then object to single mothers, needing benefits to help clothe, house and feed the child they didn’t want in the first place.

Every human being should have total sovereignty over their body.

I think once there’s a heartbeat, unless there’s a very valid reason. Such as quality of life for the child, then it’s no longer just her body her choice. Like I’ve seen such major disabilities where I’ve thought, if that was me, I’d rather be put down. So if in pregnancy you can see there’s major issues, then yes, the kindest thing would possibly be to abort. But then there’s double standards, if I killed a pregnant woman, it’s double homicide. So why does that change if it’s the mother choosing to abort. I think r*pe it should be allowed. But i think the biggest thing people don’t talk about is in a world of so many forms of contraception, why isn’t that the first port of call? Abortion as simply a form of contraception I think is so very wrong. The problem we find though, is most people can’t have rational conversations about it as the media quickly whips things up into a frenzy.

So you read in the news...they’re banning abortions...the Supreme Court isn’t doing that, they’re passing it on to the states as individuals rather than a blanket federal legal matter. But that wouldn’t cause a big enough outrage that headline so wouldn’t sell as well!

But then there’s States like California are now pushing for abortion up to 28 days AFTER birth...or what a normal person would call...well, murder.

Terra Firma

The same pro-life people who then object to single mothers, needing benefits to help clothe, house and feed the child they didn’t want in the first place.

Every human being should have total sovereignty over their body."

I would assume that the pro-lifers would use that argument too. Conception, creates the beginning of human life, if that is the case how is it possible to abort without going against "Every human being should have total sovereignty over their body".

I'm not arguing for or against, I'm interested in the reasoning behind the for and against.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Every human being should have total sovereignty over their body.

I would assume that the pro-lifers would use that argument too. Conception, creates the beginning of human life, if that is the case how is it possible to abort without going against "Every human being should have total sovereignty over their body".

I'm not arguing for or against, I'm interested in the reasoning behind the for and against. "

It’s all about opinion. For me I am comfortable with the concept that the cut off point for abortion should be the number of weeks of age the foetus needs to be to be able to live (and continue to live) outside of the womb unaided over the long term (not short term as in premature babies). Clearly others think it should be lower, some higher.

By *ity_BoyMan  over a year ago

London

This is about having control over women and their bodies. They don't really care about life, otherwise they would be supportive in providing welfare to struggling mothers.

Raising children is expensive, and in the USA giving birth can cost someone anywhere between $10,000 to $30,000. People opposed to this would rather see a mother and their child live in poverty above anything else. Pro life my ass.

Terra Firma

"This is about having control over women and their bodies. They don't really care about life, otherwise they would be supportive in providing welfare to struggling mothers.

Raising children is expensive, and in the USA giving birth can cost someone anywhere between $10,000 to $30,000. People opposed to this would rather see a mother and their child live in poverty above anything else. Pro life my ass."

This side of the argument is a real mind bender!

The States that want to abolish abortion, would or could find itself in a position of social issues that will only compound over time.

The money needed to support and raise a child, people living in poverty or living with child they don't want in their life.

I cannot see the social good, only the social unrest. I think the counter argument to this, would be very interesting.

Gilfach

"Devil's advocate what about the foetus /BABY do they not have a right to life as well"

Legally:

No. That's in both the US and the UK at the moment.

Morally:

It depends on when you consider that the small bunch of cells that is a foetus becomes a large bunch of cells that is a human.

Some will say that a human is created at conception, some will say that it's at 'viability', some will say that it's birth. There's even an argument to be made that a human doesn't exist until self-awareness, which happens long after birth.

Either way, the 'fetal heartbeat' (as the Americans say) is not a sensible measure. It's just been picked because it's an easy thing to detect, and it has an emotional effect on people.

"This is about having control over women and their bodies. They don't really care about life, otherwise they would be supportive in providing welfare to struggling mothers.

Raising children is expensive, and in the USA giving birth can cost someone anywhere between $10,000 to $30,000. People opposed to this would rather see a mother and their child live in poverty above anything else. Pro life my ass."

A wild baseless claim...and therein lies the problem which interferes in civil debate designed to actually get somewhere. I know many who are pro life, for genuine pro life reasons. I know many who are pro choice for pro choice reasons. I wouldn’t call the pro lifers controlling just like I wouldn’t call the pro choice murderers even though I disagree with them because they see it differently

"

But then there’s States like California are now pushing for abortion up to 28 days AFTER birth...or what a normal person would call...well, murder. "

This is just down right fake news. You know who made this claim? A member of Trump's campaign team.

"

But then there’s States like California are now pushing for abortion up to 28 days AFTER birth...or what a normal person would call...well, murder.

This is just down right fake news. You know who made this claim? A member of Trump's campaign team."

Rather than shouting trump this trump that. You could actually just go and read the California assembly Bill 2223.

Like an adult

West London

"

This is just down right fake news. You know who made this claim? A member of Trump's campaign team.

Rather than shouting trump this trump that. You could actually just go and read the California assembly Bill 2223.

Like an adult "

If you do read it, like an adult, it does not propose to legalise infanticide after birth:

"Assembly Bill 2223, as amended April 6: Pregnancies can end in a range of outcomes. Nationwide, as many as one in five known pregnancies end in miscarriage. In California, as many as 2,365 pregnancies per year end in stillbirth, meaning perinatal loss after 20 weeks gestation. Many pregnancy losses have no known explanation.

People also need to end pregnancies by abortion, including self-managed abortion, which means ending one’s own pregnancy outside of the medical system.

Every Californian should have the right to feel secure that they can seek medical assistance during pregnancy without fear of civil or criminal liability.

The threat of criminal prosecution of pregnancy outcomes is partly traceable to out-of-date provisions that give coroners a duty to investigate certain abortions and pregnancy losses. Based on these provisions, health care providers and institutions report people to law enforcement for pregnancy losses, leading to harmful investigations and even unlawful prosecutions.

Civil and criminal penalties imposed on pregnant people is a critical issue for Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, who experience adverse pregnancy outcomes as a result of systemic racial inequities and are more likely to be under scrutiny of state systems like child welfare or immigration.

The threat of criminal prosecutions or civil penalties on pregnant people through child welfare, immigration, housing, or other legal systems has a harmful effect on individual and public health. When a person fears state action being taken against them related to their pregnancy, they are less likely to seek medical care when they need it. If they do seek care, punishing them for actual, potential, or alleged pregnancy outcomes interferes with professional care and endangers the relationship between providers and patients."

"

Like an adult "

It is a claim made up by a member of Trump's team.

And I have read the bill, it makes no reference to killing a born baby after 28 days.

[Removed by poster at 05/05/22 12:21:52]

"I think once there’s a heartbeat, unless there’s a very valid reason. Such as quality of life for the child, then it’s no longer just her body her choice. Like I’ve seen such major disabilities where I’ve thought, if that was me, I’d rather be put down. So if in pregnancy you can see there’s major issues, then yes, the kindest thing would possibly be to abort. But then there’s double standards, if I killed a pregnant woman, it’s double homicide. So why does that change if it’s the mother choosing to abort. I think r*pe it should be allowed. But i think the biggest thing people don’t talk about is in a world of so many forms of contraception, why isn’t that the first port of call? Abortion as simply a form of contraception I think is so very wrong. The problem we find though, is most people can’t have rational conversations about it as the media quickly whips things up into a frenzy.

So you read in the news...they’re banning abortions...the Supreme Court isn’t doing that, they’re passing it on to the states as individuals rather than a blanket federal legal matter. But that wouldn’t cause a big enough outrage that headline so wouldn’t sell as well!

But then there’s States like California are now pushing for abortion up to 28 days AFTER birth...or what a normal person would call...well, murder. "

Abortion is simply a form of contraception. Do you have figures to show most people who get an abortion was because they didn't want the baby, when they got pregnant ?

Or is it something you read somewhere and decided to parrot it, like your California 28 day comment..?

Any normal person would know thats wrong and look to see if it was true. They would have easily discovered it wasn't, before spreading it themselves.

"The Republic of Gilead. "

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

Just another example of religion fucking up the rights of the normal person

Eg priests fucking kids

Religious baning darwin

Bible belt wierdos telling women no to abortion.

Religion fucks up everything go back in history disagree with the church you get nailed burned or flailed alive by the religious nuts who think they can tell you what to do and think

West London

"Just another example of religion fucking up the rights of the normal person

Eg priests fucking kids

Religious baning darwin

Bible belt wierdos telling women no to abortion.

Religion fucks up everything go back in history disagree with the church you get nailed burned or flailed alive by the religious nuts who think they can tell you what to do and think"

Ah, that's where you're wrong. It's not their prejudice and hold in power and wealth. These come from "God", via them. You cannot question God...

By *d4ugirlsMan  over a year ago

Green Cove Springs

"I can’t believe women are still fighting for this crap.

The decision is no one’s else’s but the woman who owns the uterus. End of story "

As you say no one has the right to tell another human what to do with there bodies.

Goes for killing another person.

Last time I checked a baby is another human.

THIS IS NOT BANNING ABORTIONS

It is turning it over to the states to regulate.

The states typically mirror the standards in Europe.

ABORTION UP TO 15 WEEKS.

Places in the US such as New York allow after birth to still aborting the baby.

Stop being lemmings and feigning outrage, because that is the spin the media is putting on it!

Green Cove Springs

"I wonder why people dont get informed properly before they form their opinion on the matter . Reputting roe vs wade doesnt make abortions illegal , it gives the power back to the states where elected representatives will vote accordingly to the people's desire so probably there will be states where abortion will be illegal and some states will be allowed "

Thank you for not being a media fired alarmist.

People on here talking about fascism, divisiveness, etc.

Don't fall for the media hype, read deeper into it and don't believe the 45 second BBC News blurb.

Lol guess this cuts my chance of a meet on here by 99%

West London

Strange that it's often men who have the strongest opinions and the most power on the subject of pregnant women.

Gilfach

"Do you have figures to show most people who get an abortion was because they didn't want the baby, when they got pregnant ?

Any normal person would know thats wrong and look to see if it was true. They would have easily discovered it wasn't, before spreading it themselves. "

I did look to see if it was true, and I was unable to find any decent statistics on the matter. The only thing I could find was a report entitled "Abortion statistics, England and Wales: 2020" (https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/abortion-statistics-for-england-and-wales-2020/abortion-statistics-england-and-wales-2020). It says (in section 4.7) that 98.1% of abortions were performed under "Ground C". Ground C is the one that covers unwanted pregnancies.

From that report it does seem that the majority of abortions are performed dur to unwanted pregnancies.

If you have better information, I'd be happy to be corrected.

I've had 3 terminations for various reasons. All straightforward, quick and non traumatic. Also, all none of anyone else's business. That's how this shit works

Green Cove Springs

"Strange that it's often men who have the strongest opinions and the most power on the subject of pregnant women."

One thing people need to keep in perspective is that there was consensual sex that took place with a man fertilizing that egg and then creating the child.

The man should also have some boys in the abortion decision for the unfortunately there is no dialogue that goes on concerning the man but it's a woman has the child you can definitely be sure that she's expecting 18 years of child support Regardless if the man was against the birth

"Strange that it's often men who have the strongest opinions and the most power on the subject of pregnant women.

One thing people need to keep in perspective is that there was consensual sex that took place with a man fertilizing that egg and then creating the child.

The man should also have some boys in the abortion decision for the unfortunately there is no dialogue that goes on concerning the man but it's a woman has the child you can definitely be sure that she's expecting 18 years of child support Regardless if the man was against the birth"

The man has the option of vasectomy prior to sex, easily reversible in most cases

West London

"Strange that it's often men who have the strongest opinions and the most power on the subject of pregnant women.

The man should also have some boys in the abortion decision for the unfortunately there is no dialogue that goes on concerning the man but it's a woman has the child you can definitely be sure that she's expecting 18 years of child support Regardless if the man was against the birth"

Yep. There we go. Again.

"I've had 3 terminations for various reasons. All straightforward, quick and non traumatic. Also, all none of anyone else's business. That's how this shit works "

Non traumatic for you maybe. I'd guess less so for the foetus. I can't think of many reasons why a woman would need to have not one not two but three abortions. Use a condom for fucks sake

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

It would appear that the recently appointed, Trump-nominated justices committed perjury in their stated commitment to Congress to uphold Roe vs Wade.

And the highly suspect Clarence Thomas, whose GOP activist wife was involved in encouraging the January 6 insurrection, also adds his vote against abortion.

What a country, where the vital decisions of the supreme court will be made by partisan players and criminals.

And British courts want to send Assange to face this jurisdiction of vengeance and cruelty?

The man should also have some boys in the abortion decision for the unfortunately there is no dialogue that goes on concerning the man but it's a woman has the child you can definitely be sure that she's expecting 18 years of child support Regardless if the man was against the birth

The man has the option of vasectomy prior to sex, easily reversible in most cases "

Slough

Men do not have the right to any rights over a woman’s body. As for child support, if the man is unemployed, he contributes £1 per month. That’s it. If he has a business (including taxi drivers/uber drivers) they can show they’ve made nothing or very little and therefore they do not pay a penny.

Men can fuck 100 women in 1 year and that could result in 100 babies born.

Women could fuck 10 men in 1 year but only have 1 (or a small multiple) baby.

Men should be controlled. Not women.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I wonder why people dont get informed properly before they form their opinion on the matter . Reputting roe vs wade doesnt make abortions illegal , it gives the power back to the states where elected representatives will vote accordingly to the people's desire so probably there will be states where abortion will be illegal and some states will be allowed

Don't fall for the media hype, read deeper into it and don't believe the 45 second BBC News blurb.

Lol guess this cuts my chance of a meet on here by 99%"

Mississippi were testing the waters by setting the limit at the 15 weeks… if roe is struck down it’s then a race to the bottom…

You are technically right in that there are not banning abortion.. Texas, South Dakota, Florida for example want to set the limit at 6 weeks

How many women know they are officially pregnant at 6 weeks? You would have to wait till you missed a period so that at least 4 weeks…

Interesting that all of the things you wrote you forgot to mention that a whole ton of states have no exceptions clauses… sexual assaults, health of the mother… none!!!

Crossing state lines to get an abortion will be illegal…

Alito’s writing is horrendous… gorsich, kavanagh, and coney barratt all said they would not revisit it and it was settled law…

Abortion is the first… I am absolutely guarantee they will come after same sex marriage next!

West London

"I wonder why people dont get informed properly before they form their opinion on the matter . Reputting roe vs wade doesnt make abortions illegal , it gives the power back to the states where elected representatives will vote accordingly to the people's desire so probably there will be states where abortion will be illegal and some states will be allowed

Mississippi were testing the waters by setting the limit at the 15 weeks… if roe is struck down it’s then a race to the bottom…

You are technically right in that there are not banning abortion.. Texas, South Dakota, Florida for example want to set the limit at 6 weeks

How many women know they are officially pregnant at 6 weeks? You would have to wait till you missed a period so that at least 4 weeks…

Interesting that all of the things you wrote you forgot to mention that a whole ton of states have no exceptions clauses… sexual assaults, health of the mother… none!!!

Alito’s writing is horrendous… gorsich, kavanagh, and coney barratt all said they would not revisit it and it was settled law…

Abortion is the first… I am absolutely guarantee they will come after same sex marriage next! "

Agreed. If something as fundamental as abortion is considered within the competence of a state then why not marriage?

It does imply that certain rights stop being universal.

Of course, that is the UK government position too.

"I've had 3 terminations for various reasons. All straightforward, quick and non traumatic. Also, all none of anyone else's business. That's how this shit works

Non traumatic for you maybe. I'd guess less so for the foetus. I can't think of many reasons why a woman would need to have not one not two but three abortions. Use a condom for fucks sake "

The amount of ignorance and lack of knowledge you show there is quite staggering.

Green Cove Springs

Abortion is the first… I am absolutely guarantee they will come after same sex marriage next! "

Fabio, always respect your dialog on here. Seen some of your Trump discussions and learned from them.

Think there is a lot of hype and one sided reporting, going on that is causing serious division and hate.

Honestly this wave of change such as your reference to same sex marriage being done away with, honestly do not think it will happen.

Men dressed as women playing in woman's sports, yep can see a stop to that. Changing a minors sex yep can see that not being allowed.

Believe there is a majority that will agree with that.

Believe a lot of people don't care if you wear men's clothes and have a beard but have to sit down and pee still. People just do not want to have it all shoved down they're throat by being told there is no more mother days etc and you cannot refer to someone by they're gender.

We all need to chill and use our brains to figure out things and not listen to the media clowns

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Abortion: bodily autonomy is an absolute inalienable right

Covid: You take what we tell you or you'll get sacked

West London

"Abortion: bodily autonomy is an absolute inalienable right

"

You can't transmit abortion to other people and endanger their health.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"I've had 3 terminations for various reasons. All straightforward, quick and non traumatic. Also, all none of anyone else's business. That's how this shit works

Non traumatic for you maybe. I'd guess less so for the foetus. I can't think of many reasons why a woman would need to have not one not two but three abortions. Use a condom for fucks sake

The amount of ignorance and lack of knowledge you show there is quite staggering. "

Welcome to fab.

West London

Abortion is the first… I am absolutely guarantee they will come after same sex marriage next!

Fabio, always respect your dialog on here. Seen some of your Trump discussions and learned from them.

Think there is a lot of hype and one sided reporting, going on that is causing serious division and hate.

Honestly this wave of change such as your reference to same sex marriage being done away with, honestly do not think it will happen.

Men dressed as women playing in woman's sports, yep can see a stop to that. Changing a minors sex yep can see that not being allowed.

Believe a lot of people don't care if you wear men's clothes and have a beard but have to sit down and pee still. People just do not want to have it all shoved down they're throat by being told there is no more mother days etc and you cannot refer to someone by they're gender.

We all need to chill and use our brains to figure out things and not listen to the media clowns"

This is a campaign patiently carried out by a minority of the US population based largely on religious grounds.

The same group have the same views and campaign on homosexuality and other "moral" positions that stand in contrast to that of the wider population.

There is a heavily conservative Supreme Court which they have worked to stack for decades.

The opportunity will not be missed.

It's all ok. They are happy there will be a 'supply of domestic babies for adoption'.

Green Cove Springs

You can't transmit abortion to other people and endanger their health."

Wow, typical.

You say as we lefty say and if a point is made and the left does not like it then a silly statement is made.

A viable fetus being destroyed and ripped apart because mommy does not want you is not having their health endangered?

Sounds like are upset that the SCOTUS is slightly conservative so now you are having a little meltdown because you cannot have your way on everything.

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

More than half of recent abortions in the United States were carried out with abortion pills, according to preliminary data released on Thursday, a sign that medication abortion has increasingly become the most accessible and preferred method for terminating pregnancy.

The report, issued by the Guttmacher Institute, a research organization that supports abortion rights, found that in 2020, medication abortion — a two-pill method authorized in the United States for pregnancies up to 10 weeks’ gestation — accounted for 54 percent of all abortions. The figure represents a substantial increase from the institute’s previous report, which found that the method accounted for 39 percent of abortions in 2017.

The increase in medication abortion is most likely the result of several factors. The method — which is less expensive and less invasive than surgical abortions — had already become increasingly common before the coronavirus pandemic, driven partly by restrictions from conservative states that imposed hurdles to surgical methods, especially later in pregnancy.

As of 2017, according to the Guttmacher Institute, which collects data by contacting every known abortion provider in the country, nearly a third of clinics offered only medication abortion. In 2019, according to data from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, which did not include California, Maryland and New Hampshire, pills accounted for 42 percent of all abortions — and 54 percent of abortions that were early enough to qualify for medication because they occurred before 10 weeks’ gestation.

The pandemic fuelled that trend, as medical groups filed a lawsuit asking the federal government to lift the Food and Drug Administration’s requirement that the first of the two abortion pills, mifepristone, be dispensed to patients in person at a clinic or doctor’s office. Citing years of data showing that medication abortion is safe, the medical groups said that patients faced a greater risk of being infected with the coronavirus if they had to visit clinics to obtain mifepristone and pointed out that mifepristone was the only drug that the F.D.A. required patients to get in person from a medical provider but that patients were also allowed to take at home on their own without having the provider present.

Newcastle and Gateshead

We all need to chill and use our brains to figure out things and not listen to the media clowns"

The reason why I mentioned same sex marriage is that it’s basically covered under the same 14th amendment legislation that abortion rights are…. And if there is a right to say states can decide if abortion is illegal I can tell you know that there will be at least one republican state that will test the waters and try to ban same sex marriage, and with this 6-3 right leaning SCOTUS with 5 catholic judges on it… there is going to be pressure for one to at least take a shot…

Have a look at the wording of judge alito’s opinion… it literally is horrific…

And if you think it’s too popular to try… roe has a 70-30 public opinion that it should not be changed!

golden fields

Wow, typical.

You say as we lefty say and if a point is made and the left does not like it then a silly statement is made.

A viable fetus being destroyed and ripped apart because mommy does not want you is not having their health endangered?

Sounds like are upset that the SCOTUS is slightly conservative so now you are having a little meltdown because you cannot have your way on everything.

"

We hear about people with your extreme views on the news. It's interesting to see it for real.

West London

Wow, typical.

"

A false equivalence was presented and refuted.

I'm not a "lefty".

A potentially viable foetus is "destroyed" and possibly "ripped apart" if that is how you wish to try to emotively portray it.

You, as a man, may provide a sperm. A woman will have to carry the foetus for nine months, grows and protects it with her own body, gives birth and then nourishes it directly. If she chooses to, she chooses to.

Most abortions are carried out before 13 weeks (90-95%). There may well be a case for reducing the latest date of termination considering the advances in medicine. However, that is a different discussion.

The US Supreme Court has no direct influence on my life under these circumstances.

It is interesting to me how politicised and theocratic the US legal system has become though. This decision will be a direct consequence of a deliberate campaign and will not end here. I don't need "my way" for what happens in the USA bit it stands in direct contrast to the position of the majority of the US population.

Is that a good thing?

BRIDGEND

You can't transmit abortion to other people and endanger their health."

The vaccine doesn't stop transmission, though that was how it was initially marketed

So, bodily autonomy until it affects others is what you're saying

BRIDGEND

Pro lifers (which I'm not, I couldn't care less if people get an abortion) would argue that the child being aborted is affected

But then you fall into the viability argument which as you say is an entirety different conversation with medical advancements

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Wow, typical.

"

having seen first hand the day to day pain someone with cPTSD has from being raised in an unhealthy family environment, I can't square off this emotional hyperbole with real life.

Wow, typical.

having seen first hand the day to day pain someone with cPTSD has from being raised in an unhealthy family environment, I can't square off this emotional hyperbole with real life. "

That sounds like you're saying it would have been better for them to have been aborted?

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Wow, typical.

having seen first hand the day to day pain someone with cPTSD has from being raised in an unhealthy family environment, I can't square off this emotional hyperbole with real life.

That sounds like you're saying it would have been better for them to have been aborted? "

it's a really hard dilema to wrestle with. When people are looking at suicide they are having that same dilema. It must be fucking horrible. My point isn't what is better. It's be careful on flippantly using emotive language on cells when you are turning a blind eye to 80 years of pain.

The vaccine doesn't stop transmission, though that was how it was initially marketed

So, bodily autonomy until it affects others is what you're saying"

Vaccine reduces transmission, but do go on if you think this is your "gotcha" moment

Wow, typical.

That sounds like you're saying it would have been better for them to have been aborted? it's a really hard dilema to wrestle with. When people are looking at suicide they are having that same dilema. It must be fucking horrible. My point isn't what is better. It's be careful on flippantly using emotive language on cells when you are turning a blind eye to 80 years of pain. "

I get that. Some of my comments probably make it sound like I am just pro-life but I'm not. I do believe women should have a choice. My child was unexpected and the father said to have an abortion, I considered it but decided against it. But I had strong family support, I realise not everyone has that. I also feel though that with choice comes responsibility, and it should not be forgotten that another life is involved. Talk of feotus' being destroyed and ripped apart is probably overly emotive yes. But a feotus, that if left alone would likely grow and be born as a baby, thats what you are stopping when you have an abortion. Hearing women say things like it's a bunch of cells, why the fuck should it have rights? That to me is callousness. But we are just on opposite sides of the fence I guess, I doubt I will change my view any more than they will. But I definitely don't believe a woman should be forced to give birth just to please someone else's religious beliefs. Which it seems is where the US is heading

Newcastle and Gateshead

They are skirting around one of the main issues here…

So let me reiterate this… 2 words

No…… exemptions

Sexual assault of any kind… so a foetus would have more protection than a victim… let that sink in!

No endangers the health of the mother clauses…. Heck if mum dies she dies.. but the baby is more important

Let’s carry on…..

BRIDGEND

So, bodily autonomy until it affects others is what you're saying

Vaccine reduces transmission, but do go on if you think this is your "gotcha" moment "

I never said they didn't, you acheived nothing with your response

BRIDGEND

The concept of bodily autonomy is great, one which I wholly support

Those who believe in vaccine mandates are wrong as it is against body autonomy

Those against abortion are wrong as it is against body autonomy

The fact that these 2 ideas normally piss off different sets of people amuses me endlessly

I wish this so called plague killed more of the fucking idiot's who agree with attempting to mandate anyone's personal choice, for whatever reason

"They are skirting around one of the main issues here…

So let me reiterate this… 2 words

No…… exemptions

Sexual assault of any kind… so a foetus would have more protection than a victim… let that sink in!

No endangers the health of the mother clauses…. Heck if mum dies she dies.. but the baby is more important

Let’s carry on….. "

Yep that is really bad

West London

"The concept of bodily autonomy is great, one which I wholly support

The fact that these 2 ideas normally piss off different sets of people amuses me endlessly

I wish this so called plague killed more of the fucking idiot's who agree with attempting to mandate anyone's personal choice, for whatever reason

"

This is a false equivalence.

Only one has an effect on other people in wider society.

You want people to die for mandating personal choice for any reason? Like committing a crime? Being mentally incompetent and a physical danger to themselves or others? How about for being a medical danger to themselves or others?

Just for clarity,nobody has been required to be vaccinated except for some medical staff and those travelling to certain countries (as has been the case for other illnesses for decades).

golden fields

"

Wishing death on people. Classy.

"

I knew there was going to be a comment like this one above, because it was the first thing I though when I read the post title.

Green Cove Springs

You want people to die for mandating personal choice for any reason? Like committing a crime? Being mentally incompetent and a physical danger to themselves or others? How about for being a medical danger to themselves or others?

Just for clarity,nobody has been required to be vaccinated except for some medical staff and those travelling to certain countries (as has been the case for other illnesses for decades). "

Yes lots of people were mandated and forced into vaccinations or lose their job.

Your statement in regards to losing a life.

The decision that the SCOTUS makes does not affect this, it just changes control of abortion to the states.

Where is the outrage on the person that leaked this information, and the total disregard for the sanctity the court.

There is a thread on the fantasy and stories section with a number of people chiming in they're appreciation of acting this out to the point of saying there is always abortion.

It saddens me to see how many callous people are on this thread, that have no appreciation for a viable human life.

For those that have kids, hope you had a great mother's day yesterday if you live in the states!

West London

Just for clarity,nobody has been required to be vaccinated except for some medical staff and those travelling to certain countries (as has been the case for other illnesses for decades).

Yes lots of people were mandated and forced into vaccinations or lose their job.

Your statement in regards to losing a life.

The decision that the SCOTUS makes does not affect this, it just changes control of abortion to the states.

Where is the outrage on the person that leaked this information, and the total disregard for the sanctity the court.

There is a thread on the fantasy and stories section with a number of people chiming in they're appreciation of acting this out to the point of saying there is always abortion.

It saddens me to see how many callous people are on this thread, that have no appreciation for a viable human life.

For those that have kids, hope you had a great mother's day yesterday if you live in the states!"

Read the bit I wrote about such mandates having existed in medical settings for decades and for good reason. It prevents risk to others.

Then look up the policies of all NHS trusts regarding compulsory vaccinations.

Abortion does not constitute a risk to others.

I have not made any statement about "losing a life".

This is not "just" transferring control to individual States. It fundamentally changes what is considered a universal right. In several states it makes abortion all but impossible and will criminalise swathes of people in distress. It becomes hugely inconsistent.

To use your inappropriate analogy, it would be like making vaccination mandatory in London but not in Oxford.

I agree that this news should not have been leaked. I am not outraged and "sanctity" seems an overly dramatic term, but I assume that it will be investigated and appropriate prosecution follow.

I have no idea what other threads that you have been following, so that makes no sense to me nor is it pertinent.

It is not "callous" to expect a woman to be free to decide what happens to her own body. It's not an easy decision to make and o doubt very much they are being taken lightly. Each person and their individual circumstances are unique. I can empathise with that, even if you choose not to.

It is callous to wish death on actual living people who choose to express an opinion contrary to yours. That is exactly what you did.

Newcastle and Gateshead

If you didn’t know where this was heading… Oklahoma passed a state law yesterday banning abortion “from the point of conception”…. It’s now just waiting on the governor to sign it! It does have the carve out except for health of mother and sexual assault (although you must report it to the police and it needs to be investigated)

It also brings up issues with regards to things like the morning after pill will now be banned as well as other methods of contraception not called a condom

"If you didn’t know where this was heading… Oklahoma passed a state law yesterday banning abortion “from the point of conception”…. It’s now just waiting on the governor to sign it! It does have the carve out except for health of mother and sexual assault (although you must report it to the police and it needs to be investigated)

It also brings up issues with regards to things like the morning after pill will now be banned as well as other methods of contraception not called a condom "

crazy stuff

"If you didn’t know where this was heading… Oklahoma passed a state law yesterday banning abortion “from the point of conception”…. It’s now just waiting on the governor to sign it! It does have the carve out except for health of mother and sexual assault (although you must report it to the police and it needs to be investigated)

It also brings up issues with regards to things like the morning after pill will now be banned as well as other methods of contraception not called a condom "

Domestic violence now legal and acceptable. Men rule the world.

Women should stop having sex with men.

Gilfach

"Domestic violence now legal and acceptable."

Ignoring the fact that the law hasn't been signed yet so it isn't legal, how does a law against abortion equate to 'domestic violence'?

"Men rule the world."

You should have a look at the anti-abortion protests and count the people. There are more women there than men.

"Women should stop having sex with men. "

Certainly in Oklahoma they should.

If the law ever gets put into place, it'll be interesting to see how many people pack up and leave for somewhere more lenient.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Domestic violence now legal and acceptable.

Ignoring the fact that the law hasn't been signed yet so it isn't legal, how does a law against abortion equate to 'domestic violence'?

Men rule the world.

You should have a look at the anti-abortion protests and count the people. There are more women there than men.

Women should stop having sex with men.

Certainly in Oklahoma they should.

If the law ever gets put into place, it'll be interesting to see how many people pack up and leave for somewhere more lenient."

People living in Oklahoma don’t tend to be rich enough to be able to just up sticks, I mean… they could move to Texas.. there they have a 6 week limit!!!!

Interesting that Oklahoma basically put in the same “snitch law” legislation… where anyone can tip off the authorities with regard to anyone helping in the process be that everyone from taxi driver or advice lines ect upward and get a $10000 reward if they are prosecuted

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Non traumatic for you maybe. I'd guess less so for the foetus. I can't think of many reasons why a woman would need to have not one not two but three abortions. Use a condom for fucks sake "

Not helpful but, full of spite.

Not helpful but, full of spite."

This! It's her body and her choice and there's absolutely no need for judgement. We don't know the reasons as to why this lady had abortions and it's none of our business.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

m

Wow. Just wow. Absolutely none of your business how many she’s had and your judgemental rude comments aren’t needed

Non traumatic for you maybe. I'd guess less so for the foetus. I can't think of many reasons why a woman would need to have not one not two but three abortions. Use a condom for fucks sake m

Wow. Just wow. Absolutely none of your business how many she’s had and your judgemental rude comments aren’t needed "

If it's nobody else's business then why write it on a public forum? But I accept my comment was very judgemental, I apologise.

Gilfach

Crikey!

That's the second apology I've seen today. It's this forum turning into a nicer place?

Non traumatic for you maybe. I'd guess less so for the foetus. I can't think of many reasons why a woman would need to have not one not two but three abortions. Use a condom for fucks sake m

Wow. Just wow. Absolutely none of your business how many she’s had and your judgemental rude comments aren’t needed

If it's nobody else's business then why write it on a public forum? But I accept my comment was very judgemental, I apologise. "

Because she was giving her experience not asking for your judgement. It's a very big difference.

If it's nobody else's business then why write it on a public forum? But I accept my comment was very judgemental, I apologise.

Because she was giving her experience not asking for your judgement. It's a very big difference. "

I'm not getting into any arguments about it, let's just say I was triggered by her comment, as someone with a condition that causes multiple miscarriages. I realise I don't know the lady's circumstances and I have apologised.

Because she was giving her experience not asking for your judgement. It's a very big difference.

I'm not getting into any arguments about it, let's just say I was triggered by her comment, as someone with a condition that causes multiple miscarriages. I realise I don't know the lady's circumstances and I have apologised. "

I do understand that and I get that you apologised, I just think it was important to point out the difference.

» Add a new message to this topic