FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > More cuts in local policing

More cuts in local policing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Just read that my local council is seeking to cut/save £7m and can't rule out job losses, although not in front line police they assure us. I have voted Tory more than any other party, but not exclusively, and this follows on from broken promises on borders, NHS reform and defence amongst others. Next time it will be different. It's time for a change...not that I have confidence in the opposition

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Just read that my local council is seeking to cut/save £7m and can't rule out job losses, although not in front line police they assure us. I have voted Tory more than any other party, but not exclusively, and this follows on from broken promises on borders, NHS reform and defence amongst others. Next time it will be different. It's time for a change...not that I have confidence in the opposition "

Will the opposition be less shit is all you need to judge. My view is yes.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Just read that my local council is seeking to cut/save £7m and can't rule out job losses, although not in front line police they assure us. I have voted Tory more than any other party, but not exclusively, and this follows on from broken promises on borders, NHS reform and defence amongst others. Next time it will be different. It's time for a change...not that I have confidence in the opposition "

The Council doesn't fund the Police. There is a specific element of the Council Tax, but that is for the local Police and Crime Commissioner to set.

Regardless, most funding is central, which was cut too far previously and has come back at a crawl.

This Government is "led" by someone who has been sacked multiple times for lying. He lies like he breathes.

Out of interest, why did you think that there would be any other outcome when you voted for him? He hid in a fridge...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just read that my local council is seeking to cut/save £7m and can't rule out job losses, although not in front line police they assure us. I have voted Tory more than any other party, but not exclusively, and this follows on from broken promises on borders, NHS reform and defence amongst others. Next time it will be different. It's time for a change...not that I have confidence in the opposition

The Council doesn't fund the Police. There is a specific element of the Council Tax, but that is for the local Police and Crime Commissioner to set.

Regardless, most funding is central, which was cut too far previously and has come back at a crawl.

This Government is "led" by someone who has been sacked multiple times for lying. He lies like he breathes.

Out of interest, why did you think that there would be any other outcome when you voted for him? He hid in a fridge..."

He got Brexit done , apparently

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Just read that my local council is seeking to cut/save £7m and can't rule out job losses, although not in front line police they assure us. I have voted Tory more than any other party, but not exclusively, and this follows on from broken promises on borders, NHS reform and defence amongst others. Next time it will be different. It's time for a change...not that I have confidence in the opposition

Out of interest, why did you think that there would be any other outcome when you voted for him? He hid in a fridge...

He got Brexit done , apparently "

Just a teeny weeny scent of a protocol or something like that. Oh and imports checks,, erm then other “Global” deals . Red tape maybe?? Mogg Benefits??

Ok I admit it has to be said .., What have the romans ever done for us?

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Just vote Lib Dem, lots of disaffected tories are seeing they are the alternative. Give your former party a bloody kicking.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Do the police actually do anything??? The answer is no.

Any burglary etc, they may or may not visit (50/50 chance) and give a crime reference number then you claim off the insurance. They don’t even bother to capture criminals anymore. And don’t even start on solving murders!

"Do the police actually do anything??? The answer is no.

Any burglary etc, they may or may not visit (50/50 chance) and give a crime reference number then you claim off the insurance. They don’t even bother to capture criminals anymore. And don’t even start on solving murders! "

I blame Priti Patel

Slough

" I blame Priti Patel "

They haven’t been doing anything LONG before Priti Patel was conceived!

" I blame Priti Patel

They haven’t been doing anything LONG before Priti Patel was conceived! "

Irrelevant , she is now the Home Secretary,

Gloucestershire

Any burglary etc, they may or may not visit (50/50 chance) and give a crime reference number then you claim off the insurance. They don’t even bother to capture criminals anymore. And don’t even start on solving murders!

I blame Priti Patel "

An Essex MP, what would you expect?

Slough

" I blame Priti Patel

Irrelevant , she is now the Home Secretary, "

The history of the police in general (not just now) has always been rubbish.

" I blame Priti Patel

The history of the police in general (not just now) has always been rubbish. "

Irrelevant, we have had a Tory Home Secretary for the last 12 years

Slough

" I blame Priti Patel

Irrelevant, we have had a Tory Home Secretary for the last 12 years "

Long, long, long before that!!!

" I blame Priti Patel

Irrelevant, we have had a Tory Home Secretary for the last 12 years

Long, long, long before that!!! "

So why hadn’t it been rectified in the last 12 years by the party of ‘law and order’

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Any burglary etc, they may or may not visit (50/50 chance) and give a crime reference number then you claim off the insurance. They don’t even bother to capture criminals anymore. And don’t even start on solving murders! "

If the police do fuck all anyway. Is there any worry about reducing their numbers?

Gloucestershire

The police do stuff, the problem is that when you slash their budgets and pay for so many years and increase their workload to include dealing heath and social care issues, because of the broken System, and the government piles on silly laws to arrest anyone who breathes the wrong way of course they ain't dealing maintaining law and order.

Pricky Patel, is squeezing the police and its resources to the limit, she is breaking the police system, and trying to turn it into some right wing paramilitary force.

If the police do fuck all anyway. Is there any worry about reducing their numbers?"

Exactly, let get rid of them all and half local Sheriff and posse.

Depends on the area. In a crime ridden shithole they may be overwhelmed. In other areas where crime is lower and they have better staffing they are probably more responsive.

Unless you misgender someone on twitter. You get the entire force then haha

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it's an excellent way of reducing the amount of institutional racism, misogyny and general neo-nazism in the police forces though.

» Add a new message to this topic