FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Looks like Finland is going to join NATO

Looks like Finland is going to join NATO

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman  over a year ago

morecambe

Ok folk how long before Putin invades Finland before it joins NATO

How many on here think like me that Putin isnt going to take this lying down we all got big problems a head if Findland dose join NATO

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Ok folk how long before Putin invades Finland before it joins NATO

How many on here think like me that Putin isnt going to take this lying down we all got big problems a head if Findland dose join NATO"

The UK has already agreed to support Finland and Sweden militarily.

If Russia invades either then they get a NATO member as opposition and that could lead to all of NATO.

Is Putin that crazy?

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

The last time Russia invaded Finland they suffered large losses. You would expect the same to happen again.

Finland has a funky military setup - basically they have trained a large percentage of the population who could be mobilised at very short notice. If Russia were to invade then Finland could hold them off for a decent amount of time. Add in the back up that they would get from others (such as the UK) and it suddenly gets very tricky for Russia. Invading Finland would not work out well.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

How many on here think like me that Putin isnt going to take this lying down we all got big problems a head if Findland dose join NATO"

Finland has one of the largest armies in Europe… and they are very… very well trained… the Russians won’t do shit!

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"Is Putin that crazy?"

I think so.

He's acting very "North Korea" and his ego won't let him back down. Here's hoping China slap some sense into him before it's too late!

By *oolpinstripeMan  over a year ago

Kildare

Are we talking about the same Russian army that invaded Ukraine a few months ago, are who are suffering huge losses on men and equipment in that country...?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Only option he has is to park/point nuclear weapons I reckon

"Only option he has is to park/point nuclear weapons I reckon"

Or stop being a murderous dictator. That's another option.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Putin is getting his ass kicked hard in Ukraine, do you think he would like to have the same thing happen to him in Finland?

It seems now if the west provides weapons the chances the Russians can counter is difficult.

The myth of the Russian army is being dispelled, he could resort to Nuclear weapons, but that is if he see possible direct intervention e.g. boots on the ground. So an Afghanistan circa 1980’s scenario is the best option, support logistically don’t go face to face.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 15/05/22 10:11:15]

Some people seem to think that Turkey will block the Swedish and Finnish applications

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"Some people seem to think that Turkey will block the Swedish and Finnish applications "

So it seems. I wasn't aware that application acceptance has to be unanimous. My scepticism suggests that's unwise as it only takes one to block a benefit for the many...and besides, isn't Erdogan a little too pally with Putin?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Some people seem to think that Turkey will block the Swedish and Finnish applications

So it seems. I wasn't aware that application acceptance has to be unanimous. My scepticism suggests that's unwise as it only takes one to block a benefit for the many...and besides, isn't Erdogan a little too pally with Putin? "

More than likely scared of him

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

you better hope he doesn't do shit because his bestie, our PM mr johnski, has just promised all you under 30 somethings arses to sanna marin.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"our PM mr johnski, has just promised all you under 30 somethings arses to sanna marin. "

She seems nice. I'm sure their arses will be comfortable in her hands.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Some people seem to think that Turkey will block the Swedish and Finnish applications "

The Turks will bluster for a bit but with all the pressure they won’t want to be the only one blocking the move… the swedes and Finns will get in quickly

Northampton

" The Turks will bluster for a bit but with all the pressure they won’t want to be the only one blocking the move… the swedes and Finns will get in quickly "

There's a real irony in the neo-Nazi Turkish leader backing Putin!

(Not really, considering that Putin is a fascist. Yet, ironic given the narrative Putin is trying to spin.)

"Some people seem to think that Turkey will block the Swedish and Finnish applications

The Turks will bluster for a bit but with all the pressure they won’t want to be the only one blocking the move… the swedes and Finns will get in quickly "

My Understanding is Hungry may also veto.

Bristol

The Turks will bluster for a bit but with all the pressure they won’t want to be the only one blocking the move… the swedes and Finns will get in quickly

My Understanding is Hungry may also veto. "

The countries who want to make a something out of it will hang on for a sweetner

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

How many on here think like me that Putin isnt going to take this lying down we all got big problems a head if Findland dose join NATO

The UK has already agreed to support Finland and Sweden militarily.

If Russia invades either then they get a NATO member as opposition and that could lead to all of NATO.

Is Putin that crazy?"

No, but Boris hardmanski needs to keep his mouth shut and stop unilaterally poking the bear. "We'll stand by Sweden", that nuclear weapon, Poseidon 2M39 Tsunami torpedo might be headed our way soon.

By *hippy57Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Agree,why the fuck is it no one mentions assisnate one fucking twat ?,how can one guy cause so much death

Bristol

"Agree,why the fuck is it no one mentions assisnate one fucking twat ?,how can one guy cause so much death "

It wpuld not be just one though as his close circle are just as hardline as he is.

Unless they are just good actors!

Longridge

"Agree,why the fuck is it no one mentions assisnate one fucking twat ?,how can one guy cause so much death "

There are rumours of a coup, the only issue might be - it's by hardliners that believe Russia need to be more aggressive in Ukraine and towards the West.

The 'good guys' are locked up.

Be careful what you wish for..

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Turkey is still refusing to lift its veto on Sweden and Finland joining NATO.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Turkey is still refusing to lift its veto on Sweden and Finland joining NATO. "

Won’t make any difference in reality… they have both sign security pacts with the uk, the us, and various other countries in the last week… that basically covers them in all but name

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Turkey is still refusing to lift its veto on Sweden and Finland joining NATO.

Won’t make any difference in reality… they have both sign security pacts with the uk, the us, and various other countries in the last week… that basically covers them in all but name "

Exactly as soon as boris signed a security deal with them they were virtually signed up by proxy.

Manchester

Won’t make any difference in reality… they have both sign security pacts with the uk, the us, and various other countries in the last week… that basically covers them in all but name Exactly as soon as boris signed a security deal with them they were virtually signed up by proxy."

I didn’t read the detail on this was it to supply weapons or come to their aid in the event they are attacked ?

Longridge

He might like surfing?

near ipswich

Won’t make any difference in reality… they have both sign security pacts with the uk, the us, and various other countries in the last week… that basically covers them in all but name Exactly as soon as boris signed a security deal with them they were virtually signed up by proxy.

I didn’t read the detail on this was it to supply weapons or come to their aid in the event they are attacked ? "

come to their aid same with Sweden too

"I didn’t read the detail on this was it to supply weapons or come to their aid in the event they are attacked ? "

i did. our idiot leader signed us up to go to war if sweden and finland are attacked. turkey's veto has left the uk dangerously exposed as our pact would mean that if we go to the aid of either finland or sweden then nato no longer have our back. johnski is a moronic idiot with no idea of the statesmanship which his role as PM requires.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Won’t make any difference in reality… they have both sign security pacts with the uk, the us, and various other countries in the last week… that basically covers them in all but name Exactly as soon as boris signed a security deal with them they were virtually signed up by proxy.

I didn’t read the detail on this was it to supply weapons or come to their aid in the event they are attacked ? "

Not totally sure but think it largely depends on what Finland ask for. It will be up to them to ask for assistance , and specify what type of assistance they want

Manchester

I didn’t read the detail on this was it to supply weapons or come to their aid in the event they are attacked ? come to their aid same with Sweden too"

Thanks

Worrying situation considering our lack of defence against an all out conventional attack from Russia.

Are we becoming the playground loudmouth who’s about to be chinned in front of all our friends who will do nothing.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I didn’t read the detail on this was it to supply weapons or come to their aid in the event they are attacked ?

i did. our idiot leader signed us up to go to war if sweden and finland are attacked. turkey's veto has left the uk dangerously exposed as our pact would mean that if we go to the aid of either finland or sweden then nato no longer have our back. johnski is a moronic idiot with no idea of the statesmanship which his role as PM requires. "

There is zero chance of the Russians attacking the fins… Finland have 280,000 regulars plus 900,000 reservists… plus they are all super trained and have the latest tech!!

If Russia went to war with Finland there would be a greater chance of Finland getting back all the land they succeeded to Russia in 1940

near ipswich

I didn’t read the detail on this was it to supply weapons or come to their aid in the event they are attacked ? come to their aid same with Sweden too

Thanks

Worrying situation considering our lack of defence against an all out conventional attack from Russia.

Are we becoming the playground loudmouth who’s about to be chinned in front of all our friends who will do nothing. "

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I didn’t read the detail on this was it to supply weapons or come to their aid in the event they are attacked ? come to their aid same with Sweden too

Thanks

Are we becoming the playground loudmouth who’s about to be chinned in front of all our friends who will do nothing. "

an all out conventional attack from Russia ffs have you not seen how shit they are against ukrain they couldn’t manage anything to worry about for the U.K.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Thanks

Not exactly sure how a conventional war would even happen. Maybe the navy and airforce but certainly no ground troops. Advantage of being an island.

Cheltenham

"I didn’t read the detail on this was it to supply weapons or come to their aid in the event they are attacked ?

i did. our idiot leader signed us up to go to war if sweden and finland are attacked. turkey's veto has left the uk dangerously exposed as our pact would mean that if we go to the aid of either finland or sweden then nato no longer have our back. johnski is a moronic idiot with no idea of the statesmanship which his role as PM requires. "

Seriously? If Finland or Sweden were attacked and we defended them then the US would be right behind us. That is the only power coupling that meaningful matters in Europe at the moment.

The reality is that an attack on any European country - particularly in the Northern Arctic - would elicit a strong UK and US response.

Without their Nukes i’d bet Nato would already be all over Russia and driving all the way to Moscow for regime change (or control the oil and gas).

From their performance so far they seem to be an utter shambles of an army in conventional terms. Finland And the UK have little to fear.

"Without their Nukes i’d bet Nato would already be all over Russia and driving all the way to Moscow for regime change (or control the oil and gas).

From their performance so far they seem to be an utter shambles of an army in conventional terms. Finland And the UK have little to fear. "

I thought the same. If he didn't have nukes I think NATO would have had enough and counterattacked. Xx

"Without their Nukes i’d bet Nato would already be all over Russia and driving all the way to Moscow for regime change (or control the oil and gas).

From their performance so far they seem to be an utter shambles of an army in conventional terms. Finland And the UK have little to fear. "

Driving into Moscow isn't a defensive stance though as NATO proportional to

Proports

Northampton

"If he didn't have nukes I think NATO would have had enough and counterattacked. Xx"

Not a chance. NATO are very aware of Russia's friends - many of whom also have nuclear weapons.

"If he didn't have nukes I think NATO would have had enough and counterattacked. Xx

Not a chance. NATO are very aware of Russia's friends - many of whom also have nuclear weapons. "

Yeah, NATO would have invaded years ago

thornaby

"If he didn't have nukes I think NATO would have had enough and counterattacked. Xx

Not a chance. NATO are very aware of Russia's friends - many of whom also have nuclear weapons. "

do Russia really have friends lol

Not a chance. NATO are very aware of Russia's friends - many of whom also have nuclear weapons. do Russia really have friends lol"

More concerned about what they have got and how many.

Satan and Satan mark 2s

There's only really China, I'm not sure they'd help. India I'm sure wouldn't. Xx

I think all this threat of ww3 could have been avoided.

After the Soviet enemy crumbled in the 90s, NATO kept growing and also didn't change tack on attitude with Russia.

That I reckon has shaped the course of Russia into what it is today.

Too late now though.

Remember Iran? Once a much less problem than it is today until the Americans toppled the government there, backfired and Endee up with the country it is now.

i did. our idiot leader signed us up to go to war if sweden and finland are attacked. turkey's veto has left the uk dangerously exposed as our pact would mean that if we go to the aid of either finland or sweden then nato no longer have our back. johnski is a moronic idiot with no idea of the statesmanship which his role as PM requires.

Seriously? If Finland or Sweden were attacked and we defended them then the US would be right behind us. That is the only power coupling that meaningful matters in Europe at the moment.

The reality is that an attack on any European country - particularly in the Northern Arctic - would elicit a strong UK and US response. "

the reality is that the US would first have to get agreement in the upper house to go to war without any appetite for it from the voters. it's doubtful that there would be any agreement in the upper house, other than on the supply of weapons in exchange for new US bases on UK owned soil and the bankrupting & plundering of the UK economy yet again.

Cheltenham

The reality is that an attack on any European country - particularly in the Northern Arctic - would elicit a strong UK and US response.

the reality is that the US would first have to get agreement in the upper house to go to war without any appetite for it from the voters. it's doubtful that there would be any agreement in the upper house, other than on the supply of weapons in exchange for new US bases on UK owned soil and the bankrupting & plundering of the UK economy yet again."

Russia invades a sovereign nation state in Europe and the US won’t react despite 70+ years of European troop deployment? You can’t seriously be suggesting that.

the reality is that the US would first have to get agreement in the upper house to go to war without any appetite for it from the voters. it's doubtful that there would be any agreement in the upper house, other than on the supply of weapons in exchange for new US bases on UK owned soil and the bankrupting & plundering of the UK economy yet again.

Russia invades a sovereign nation state in Europe and the US won’t react despite 70+ years of European troop deployment? You can’t seriously be suggesting that."

you seem politically naive chap

Cheltenham

Russia invades a sovereign nation state in Europe and the US won’t react despite 70+ years of European troop deployment? You can’t seriously be suggesting that.

you seem politically naive chap "

In that case can you pleas explain to this naive chap why the US has positioned troops in mainland Europe pretty constantly since the end of the Second World War? I assume that because they clearly are not here for defensive purposes against. Russian threat (as per your argument) then it is because they don’t have enough room for them back home?

In that case can you pleas explain to this naive chap why the US has positioned troops in mainland Europe pretty constantly since the end of the Second World War? I assume that because they clearly are not here for defensive purposes against. Russian threat (as per your argument) then it is because they don’t have enough room for them back home?"

what a nice strawman you're building there

Cheltenham

In that case can you pleas explain to this naive chap why the US has positioned troops in mainland Europe pretty constantly since the end of the Second World War? I assume that because they clearly are not here for defensive purposes against. Russian threat (as per your argument) then it is because they don’t have enough room for them back home?

what a nice strawman you're building there "

I am only asking you to educate me as you have pointed out I am naive. Please do enlighten me.

thornaby

what a nice strawman you're building there

I am only asking you to educate me as you have pointed out I am naive. Please do enlighten me."

he can’t lol

» Add a new message to this topic