FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 40% Fuel Poverty by end of year!

40% Fuel Poverty by end of year!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling! "

Yes just think if they hadn’t sold it off and paid out billions in dividends how much more money would be available to help those struggling. Instead a few more yachts and Villas are us.

Capitalism and free for all markets at their finest.

But but but pensions. EON is mostly French just like BP and Shell are mostly American.

Utilities and critical infrastructure should never be sold off.

Curious as they were asking for Govt support what their game is. They’d not been in favour of a windfall tax I expect.

By *ayturners turn hayMan  over a year ago

Wellingborugh

. Maybe we should wait and see what happens before speculating. . Some of the increased costs can be lowered by taking remedial action. Heating is not absolutely essential during warmer periods. I have been in houses where the heating is on full blast ,windows wide open and the thermostat set on the highest possible setting in addition to all the occupants being out. There are many actions people can take to mitigate the increased costs. I can analyse my energy usage by hour , day and month. I have never dome this in the past but will be watching it a lot more carefully in future.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling! . Maybe we should wait and see what happens before speculating. . Some of the increased costs can be lowered by taking remedial action. Heating is not absolutely essential during warmer periods. I have been in houses where the heating is on full blast ,windows wide open and the thermostat set on the highest possible setting in addition to all the occupants being out. There are many actions people can take to mitigate the increased costs. I can analyse my energy usage by hour , day and month. I have never dome this in the past but will be watching it a lot more carefully in future. "

Wow that’s just such amazingly good information….truly your grasp of the situation is amazing

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the silent majority would prefer that the government are pro-active and take preventative measures now rather than sit idly by and watch 40% of the population fall into fuel poverty merely because of the conservative and unionist party governments wilful inaction.

"Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling! . Maybe we should wait and see what happens before speculating. . Some of the increased costs can be lowered by taking remedial action. Heating is not absolutely essential during warmer periods. I have been in houses where the heating is on full blast ,windows wide open and the thermostat set on the highest possible setting in addition to all the occupants being out. There are many actions people can take to mitigate the increased costs. I can analyse my energy usage by hour , day and month. I have never dome this in the past but will be watching it a lot more carefully in future. "

Might be worth sharing these pearls with BEIS or Ofgem?

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling! . Maybe we should wait and see what happens before speculating. . Some of the increased costs can be lowered by taking remedial action. Heating is not absolutely essential during warmer periods. I have been in houses where the heating is on full blast ,windows wide open and the thermostat set on the highest possible setting in addition to all the occupants being out. There are many actions people can take to mitigate the increased costs. I can analyse my energy usage by hour , day and month. I have never dome this in the past but will be watching it a lot more carefully in future.

Might be worth sharing these pearls with BEIS or Ofgem? "

"the silent majority would prefer that the government are pro-active and take preventative measures now rather than sit idly by and watch 40% of the population fall into fuel poverty merely because of the conservative and unionist party governments wilful inaction. "

I’ve read that the SNP have a good policy. They’re going to legislate for all areas of the UK to have an uniform temperature

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Except I bet very little of what you say above actually happened didn’t it Pat? Heating on and windows open. Lol you really make some crap up don’t you!

"I have been in houses where the heating is on full blast ,windows wide open and the thermostat set on the highest possible setting in addition to all the occupants being out. "

hi and thanks for the reply. i think you will find that your anecdote about how your personal friends like to show off their wealth by allowing energy to eb wasted for flagrantly is at all representative of the growing amount of people who are unable to afford to pay for the conservative and unionist party government's failed energy policies for over a decade. you'll also find that the silent majority would prefer the government to take action to prevent this from happening.

Wellingborugh

"Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling! . Maybe we should wait and see what happens before speculating. . Some of the increased costs can be lowered by taking remedial action. Heating is not absolutely essential during warmer periods. I have been in houses where the heating is on full blast ,windows wide open and the thermostat set on the highest possible setting in addition to all the occupants being out. There are many actions people can take to mitigate the increased costs. I can analyse my energy usage by hour , day and month. I have never dome this in the past but will be watching it a lot more carefully in future.

Except I bet very little of what you say above actually happened didn’t it Pat? Heating on and windows open. Lol you really make some crap up don’t you!"

. Why would anyone make something like that up. It is not uncommon if you are not paying the bills yourself. Maybe you need to get out a little more and see what is happening in the real world .

Wellingborugh

Might be worth sharing these pearls with BEIS or Ofgem? "

. Maybe anyone with common sense is already aware of them as we are facing a world energy crisis . You could of course have chosen to mention the various mitigating factors in your post but did not do so.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Except I bet very little of what you say above actually happened didn’t it Pat? Heating on and windows open. Lol you really make some crap up don’t you!. Why would anyone make something like that up. It is not uncommon if you are not paying the bills yourself. Maybe you need to get out a little more and see what is happening in the real world . "

why were you there if all the occupants are out ... ? Wait... The windows were open ...

Wellingborugh

Except I bet very little of what you say above actually happened didn’t it Pat? Heating on and windows open. Lol you really make some crap up don’t you!. Why would anyone make something like that up. It is not uncommon if you are not paying the bills yourself. Maybe you need to get out a little more and see what is happening in the real world . why were you there if all the occupants are out ... ? Wait... The windows were open ...

"

I cannot think of any reason as to why I would not be in the house when other occupants were out. I have had similar feedback from both a heating engineer and an agent acting on my behalf. Entry would usually be via the door , not a window.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Except I bet very little of what you say above actually happened didn’t it Pat? Heating on and windows open. Lol you really make some crap up don’t you!. Why would anyone make something like that up. It is not uncommon if you are not paying the bills yourself. Maybe you need to get out a little more and see what is happening in the real world . why were you there if all the occupants are out ... ? Wait... The windows were open ...

I cannot think of any reason as to why I would not be in the house when other occupants were out. I have had similar feedback from both a heating engineer and an agent acting on my behalf. Entry would usually be via the door , not a window. "

aha. Landlord.

Were bills included in the rent?

Wellingborugh

Except I bet very little of what you say above actually happened didn’t it Pat? Heating on and windows open. Lol you really make some crap up don’t you!"

. Maybe if you reviewed some of the Internet forums you might realise that the topic to which you are referring is discussed regularly . Sometimes it is raised on a daily basis.

Might be worth sharing these pearls with BEIS or Ofgem? . Maybe anyone with common sense is already aware of them as we are facing a world energy crisis . You could of course have chosen to mention the various mitigating factors in your post but did not do so. "

Mitigating factors for what? I don’t give a fk what the leccy bill is. Everything rigged up smart. If it is needed on it is needed on. That’s just an operating cost. House is so well insulated it is cooling the bugger that’s the issue.

Expecting a 400 to 500 per month bill by Christmas but hey ho. What ya gonna do? Sit in the dark?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

This is some funny shit.

Why were you breaking into people's gaffs?

This is some funny shit.

Why were you breaking into people's gaffs?"

Secret dirty nicker sniffer?

to rearrange the cutlery in the drainer because it seemed too dangerous the way it was left perhaps?

Wellingborugh

This is some funny shit.

Secret dirty nicker sniffer? "

. Maybe you are like that but most people just conduct their lives in a normal manner . It is not even a topic that many rational people would even think about . Maybe your thought process needs reviewed.

Brighton

Except I bet very little of what you say above actually happened didn’t it Pat? Heating on and windows open. Lol you really make some crap up don’t you!. Why would anyone make something like that up. It is not uncommon if you are not paying the bills yourself. Maybe you need to get out a little more and see what is happening in the real world . "

Sorry Pat old boy but your posts continue to be a work of fiction. Plus your point was tips on saving money but then say they are not paying the bill! Bit of an oxymoron there me old cocka!

golden fields

This is some funny shit.

Secret dirty nicker sniffer? . Maybe you are like that but most people just conduct their lives in a normal manner . It is not even a topic that many rational people would even think about . Maybe your thought process needs reviewed. "

What was your reason for breaking into people's houses though?

This is some funny shit.

Secret dirty nicker sniffer? . Maybe you are like that but most people just conduct their lives in a normal manner . It is not even a topic that many rational people would even think about . Maybe your thought process needs reviewed. "

Your comebacks are pants old chap.

This is some funny shit.

Secret dirty nicker sniffer? . Maybe you are like that but most people just conduct their lives in a normal manner . It is not even a topic that many rational people would even think about . Maybe your thought process needs reviewed.

What was your reason for breaking into people's houses though?"

Looking for veris?

golden fields

This is some funny shit.

Secret dirty nicker sniffer? . Maybe you are like that but most people just conduct their lives in a normal manner . It is not even a topic that many rational people would even think about . Maybe your thought process needs reviewed.

Looking for veris? "

Hunting for people who think for themselves and trying to convert them to unquestioning Toryism.

All hail the infallible Boris.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"40% Fuel Poverty by end of year!

Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling! "

I assume that you're quoting Michael Lewis, the chief executive of E.ON UK.

His comments only apply to Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales. In England the government uses a different measure for fuel poverty, one which isn't affected by fuel prices.

So the people of England will have the same struggle, but they won't officially be in fuel poverty. Keep this in mind next winter when the government's figures don't match the opposition's claims.

Yes, I was referencing the Eon Exec’s comments reported by the BBC.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is some funny shit.

Looking for veris? "

Sounds like Pat is going around random peoples houses looking through the window and then checking if their hearing is on like some creepy eco warrior peeping Tom, scary thought

This is some funny shit.

Looking for veris?

Sounds like Pat is going around random peoples houses looking through the window and then checking if their hearing is on like some creepy eco warrior peeping Tom, scary thought "

Aha - the victims have their hearing switched off. This explains the success if the villain in his caper. Silent stealth.

This is some funny shit.

Looking for veris?

Sounds like Pat is going around random peoples houses looking through the window and then checking if their hearing is on like some creepy eco warrior peeping Tom, scary thought

Aha - the victims have their hearing switched off. This explains the success if the villain in his caper. Silent stealth. "

Dam typo , ment heating

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

This is some funny shit.

Looking for veris?

Aha - the victims have their hearing switched off. This explains the success if the villain in his caper. Silent stealth.

Dam typo , ment heating "

I’ve always wondered if Pat was missing some of his faculties but maybe he’s just tone deaf

Wellingborugh

Except I bet very little of what you say above actually happened didn’t it Pat? Heating on and windows open. Lol you really make some crap up don’t you!. Why would anyone make something like that up. It is not uncommon if you are not paying the bills yourself. Maybe you need to get out a little more and see what is happening in the real world .

Sorry Pat old boy but your posts continue to be a work of fiction. Plus your point was tips on saving money but then say they are not paying the bill! Bit of an oxymoron there me old cocka!"

. Well I will not be losing any sleep over that . We will just leave it that you are always right but cannot convince a sufficient proportion of the public to support your views. Maybe the general public are rational and quite capable of making their own judgement ..

Wellingborugh

This is some funny shit.

Your comebacks are pants old chap. "

. To you yes but maybe the general public are a bit more rational in their judgement. Most people pass judgement on what happens in real life , not on an internet forum.

This is some funny shit.

Your comebacks are pants old chap. . To you yes but maybe the general public are a bit more rational in their judgement. Most people pass judgement on what happens in real life , not on an internet forum. "

And what’s happening in real

Life and what judgement is being passed? Please enlighten us all.

golden fields

This is some funny shit.

Your comebacks are pants old chap. . To you yes but maybe the general public are a bit more rational in their judgement. Most people pass judgement on what happens in real life , not on an internet forum. "

All the evidence suggests that the general public are bonkers.

I'm still curious why you were breaking into people's houses?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

There will be a lot more than that if china decide to take Taiwan by force as they are threatening to do. Biden when asked said they would come to their aid with the military. If this happens it will make the current problems look minor.

Brighton

Except I bet very little of what you say above actually happened didn’t it Pat? Heating on and windows open. Lol you really make some crap up don’t you!. Why would anyone make something like that up. It is not uncommon if you are not paying the bills yourself. Maybe you need to get out a little more and see what is happening in the real world .

Sorry Pat old boy but your posts continue to be a work of fiction. Plus your point was tips on saving money but then say they are not paying the bill! Bit of an oxymoron there me old cocka!. Well I will not be losing any sleep over that . We will just leave it that you are always right but cannot convince a sufficient proportion of the public to support your views. Maybe the general public are rational and quite capable of making their own judgement .."

Oh yes the “silent majority” are truly deafening in their acceptance of the cost of living crisis. I bet they are grateful for you stories of windows open and heating on full blast. Bet they never thought of that

Brighton

"Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling! There will be a lot more than that if china decide to take Taiwan by force as they are threatening to do. Biden when asked said they would come to their aid with the military. If this happens it will make the current problems look minor."

Well you’re a ray of sunshine on this gloomy day!

Who the hell has still got their heating on?

golden fields

"Who the hell has still got their heating on? "

The people that have their houses broken into by Hayturner.

The rebellion is coming

"The rebellion is coming"

The revolution will be televised’

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

But most people don't understand what a kWh is or what a thermostat does and why should they turn down the heating when they can ask for a handout?

yep I agree I go to about 50 houses a day loads heating on windows open last week we had to tell are reception to turn heating off

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling! There will be a lot more than that if china decide to take Taiwan by force as they are threatening to do. Biden when asked said they would come to their aid with the military. If this happens it will make the current problems look minor.

Well you’re a ray of sunshine on this gloomy day!"

People can bury their heads in the sand just as they did with nord stream 2 and look what happened there, its a serious threat so dont be surprised if it all kicks off soon.

Brighton

"Thats a fuckload of people who’ll struggling! There will be a lot more than that if china decide to take Taiwan by force as they are threatening to do. Biden when asked said they would come to their aid with the military. If this happens it will make the current problems look minor.

Well you’re a ray of sunshine on this gloomy day! People can bury their heads in the sand just as they did with nord stream 2 and look what happened there, its a serious threat so dont be surprised if it all kicks off soon."

Not saying you’re wrong or burying my head. It’s just all so fucking depressing!

Well you’re a ray of sunshine on this gloomy day! People can bury their heads in the sand just as they did with nord stream 2 and look what happened there, its a serious threat so dont be surprised if it all kicks off soon."

Might be the best thing to happen to the West. A few years of pain, but we bring back the manufacturing to EU and US. We don’t need China for Energy and Russia is already in the cross hairs to reduce our dependency.

Yes there would be further inflation spikes and huge supply chain disruption. But as the Brexit brigade keep telling us - we’ll survive.

golden fields

"The rebellion is coming"

Absolutely not. We're in for decades more of Tory rule.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Quite right

GettingOnWithTheJob

"Quite right

GettingOnWithTheJob "

What job?

Brighton

"Quite right

GettingOnWithTheJob

What job? "

Enriching your mates.

Enriching yourself.

Bankrupting the country.

Laughing at all the fools who voted for you as you head off into the sunset.

"Quite right

GettingOnWithTheJob

What job? "

Lots of jobs at the moment, low unemployment, record vacancies

"Quite right

GettingOnWithTheJob

What job?

Lots of jobs at the moment, low unemployment, record vacancies "

It is all over the news ffs!

Next to know ones wages will rise with inflation, they can't even honour the triple lock for pensions. I predict major civil unrest, especially when interest rates start going up as well. Which is probably why the govt are pumping the war in Ukraine so hard,they need a scapegoat. They know the chickens are coming home to roost. The perils of laissez faire economics and selling of our critical infrastructure for a quick buck, are going to be laid bare for all to see. No doubt they will still be trying to say it was worse in the 1970's.

"The rebellion is coming

Absolutely not. We're in for decades more of Tory rule."

Anarchy will rule by February when 3rd world style pictures of british babies hit the news this country will explode

"The rebellion is coming

Anarchy will rule by February when 3rd world style pictures of british babies hit the news this country will explode"

Why February?

"The rebellion is coming

Anarchy will rule by February when 3rd world style pictures of british babies hit the news this country will explode

Why February?"

Valentine's Day. All the garages will run out of cut flowers.

"Quite right

GettingOnWithTheJob

What job?

Lots of jobs at the moment, low unemployment, record vacancies "

Eh?

"The rebellion is coming

Why February?

Valentine's Day. All the garages will run out of cut flowers."

Let them eat Daffodils!

golden fields

"Quite right

GettingOnWithTheJob

What job? "

Making their friends millions using tax payers money.

golden fields

"The rebellion is coming

Anarchy will rule by February when 3rd world style pictures of british babies hit the news this country will explode"

It will be blamed on:

1. The EU

2. Some brown people in a dinghy

3. Corbyn

4. Remainers

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Was going to mention OFGEM here but worthy of a separate post..

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"Who the hell has still got their heating on?

The people that have their houses broken into by Hayturner."

Not me, had it on for a few hours when it was a little cold the other week and I got a fifty quid bill this month

golden fields

Not me, had it on for a few hours when it was a little cold the other week and I got a fifty quid bill this month "

Watch out for dodgy Tories. Apparently they go round breaking into people's houses and checking on their heating settings.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Not me, had it on for a few hours when it was a little cold the other week and I got a fifty quid bill this month "

Have had heaters on everyday to keep it toasty, except for one day last week, air conditioning was on.

Without heaters, house would be 18, I like it 23 degrees.

» Add a new message to this topic