FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The rise of China

The rise of China

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

With recent events in Ukraine and the economic rise of an equally autocratic and aggressive society in regards to China, is it time we stopped buying everything made in China? Also should western based companies be forced to pay high tariffs to import into the UK good made there?

I understand the economics of trade deals and free trade etc but from a security point of view is it time we stopped enriching a possible future enemy?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"With recent events in Ukraine and the economic rise of an equally autocratic and aggressive society in regards to China, is it time we stopped buying everything made in China? Also should western based companies be forced to pay high tariffs to import into the UK good made there?

I understand the economics of trade deals and free trade etc but from a security point of view is it time we stopped enriching a possible future enemy? "

Unfortunately I think that train has well and truly left the station…

Manchester

"With recent events in Ukraine and the economic rise of an equally autocratic and aggressive society in regards to China, is it time we stopped buying everything made in China? Also should western based companies be forced to pay high tariffs to import into the UK good made there?

I understand the economics of trade deals and free trade etc but from a security point of view is it time we stopped enriching a possible future enemy?

Unfortunately I think that train has well and truly left the station…"

Major multinationals stopped trading in Russia and some are now exiting for good so seeing that was after hostilities, maybe it’s not too late?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Give it a year or two and most of those companys will be back in russia, i meen ukraine aint even the top story on the news no more, a load of footie fans being late for kick off is more news worthy now

Manchester

"Give it a year or two and most of those companys will be back in russia, i meen ukraine aint even the top story on the news no more, a load of footie fans being late for kick off is more news worthy now"

Yes until the bread loaves become £6 a piece.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

I understand the economics of trade deals and free trade etc but from a security point of view is it time we stopped enriching a possible future enemy? "

I think so but whenever I've made that very point I've been accused of being a little Englander, little Britain, isolationist etc

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I think so but whenever I've made that very point I've been accused of being a little Englander, little Britain, isolationist etc"

Manchester

A leading economist in the US was the source for the quote. “ We invited China for dinner and they took the cutlery home with them” .

We have paved the way for the west to be overtaken in wealth and power by a country which ensl4ve their citizens .

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

So do you think stopping buying from China is enough and do you really think the USA will let them overtake them military wise

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

You have to always remember that Chinese people do not see themselves as s7aves.

Always be away of your own nation's propaganda, which is blatant from all sides these days.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

"So do you think stopping buying from China is enough and do you really think the USA will let them overtake them military wise "

Certainly, just look what the recent covid outbreak did to their economy. The bigger it is, small things can have a big effect. If everyone in the Western world bought one less Chinese made item per month, it would harm their economy.

As for military, that happened years ago. Even the UK has manged that, just look at recent potential military contractor take overs. Having worked with the US DOD, not much they actually have impressed me. They impede themselves by their 'buy American' policy.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Cost of living would be six fold if took China out the equation.

Although mang dodgy products originate there, so does quality branded who have their own factories.

» Add a new message to this topic