FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Jan 6th hearings

Jan 6th hearings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I know none of you are watching… but holy fuck the season 1 finale today is wild!!!! Wow!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I saw a little of it yesterday and it was astonishing. The testimony of Trump’s aides about his attempt to grab the the steering wheel of the beast and having to be restrained by his secret service agent were beyond mad

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

It looks like the Trump supporters are really having a go at the people who are testifying under oath.

Why don't the Trump supporters testify?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It looks like the Trump supporters are really having a go at the people who are testifying under oath.

Why don't the Trump supporters testify? "

Trump should testify under oath , he obviously won’t though

"I know none of you are watching… but holy fuck the season 1 finale today is wild!!!! Wow!!! "

Watching an enquiry into the last arsehole American president and what happened 1.5 years ago isn't terribly relevant. I suspect the people of America are more interested in what this current arsehole American president is doing to fuck the country on a daily basis. Huge petrol prices, huge inflation, potential food shortages, sending billions of dollars of weapons to east europeans to defend borders whilst truckloads of south American migrants are dying at the US/Mexican border....I don't know for sure but I reckon these are more like the hot-button topics that Americans want discussed on their daily news shows. Not what trump may or may not have done 2 Januaries ago.

"I know none of you are watching… but holy fuck the season 1 finale today is wild!!!! Wow!!!

Watching an enquiry into the last arsehole American president and what happened 1.5 years ago isn't terribly relevant. I suspect the people of America are more interested in what this current arsehole American president is doing to fuck the country on a daily basis. Huge petrol prices, huge inflation, potential food shortages, sending billions of dollars of weapons to east europeans to defend borders whilst truckloads of south American migrants are dying at the US/Mexican border....I don't know for sure but I reckon these are more like the hot-button topics that Americans want discussed on their daily news shows. Not what trump may or may not have done 2 Januaries ago. "

I am sure both can be relevant, it is not an either or situation

"I know none of you are watching… but holy fuck the season 1 finale today is wild!!!! Wow!!!

Watching an enquiry into the last arsehole American president and what happened 1.5 years ago isn't terribly relevant. I suspect the people of America are more interested in what this current arsehole American president is doing to fuck the country on a daily basis. Huge petrol prices, huge inflation, potential food shortages, sending billions of dollars of weapons to east europeans to defend borders whilst truckloads of south American migrants are dying at the US/Mexican border....I don't know for sure but I reckon these are more like the hot-button topics that Americans want discussed on their daily news shows. Not what trump may or may not have done 2 Januaries ago.

I am sure both can be relevant, it is not an either or situation "

To the average American I suspect the inability to afford food, clothes and fuel for home and car is much more relevant that a trump/Q-annon freak show that happened over 18 months ago.. just a hunch

To the average American I suspect the inability to afford food, clothes and fuel for home and car is much more relevant that a trump/Q-annon freak show that happened over 18 months ago.. just a hunch"

Your probably right, but this isn’t for the benefit of the ‘average American’ they do not get to device the outcome ,

It's really odd to watch the hearings. Clearly, they're constructing a case against Trump. Showing he's guilty as hell. But unless he's actually dragged into a courtroom, I doubt he'll face any legal consequences.

"It's really odd to watch the hearings. Clearly, they're constructing a case against Trump. Showing he's guilty as hell. But unless he's actually dragged into a courtroom, I doubt he'll face any legal consequences."

Probably, maybe it will derail his delusional idea of running for president in 2024, but who knows, politically , America seems more fucked up then we are

To the average American I suspect the inability to afford food, clothes and fuel for home and car is much more relevant that a trump/Q-annon freak show that happened over 18 months ago.. just a hunch

Your probably right, but this isn’t for the benefit of the ‘average American’ they do not get to device the outcome , "

Decide

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

To the average American I suspect the inability to afford food, clothes and fuel for home and car is much more relevant that a trump/Q-annon freak show that happened over 18 months ago.. just a hunch"

possibly true, but it would be a worrying idea that as long as you can delay stuff for 18 months you have carte blanche to do what you want ....

It is, however, the way politicians like to spin things so they can keep avoiding accountability.

Majority of republicans I know hopes Desantis gets the nomination. They had enough of Trump.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"Majority of republicans I know hopes Desantis gets the nomination. They had enough of Trump."

This

And the secret service will obviously testify to the truth of these

I'm sure these proceedings will be as useful as the Russian collusion thing

It's just pointless tv, you made a good analogy with 'season 1'

It's all just worthless noise

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Majority of republicans I know hopes Desantis gets the nomination. They had enough of Trump."

Is the ongoing Trump circus damaging the Republican party?

"Majority of republicans I know hopes Desantis gets the nomination. They had enough of Trump.

Is the ongoing Trump circus damaging the Republican party?"

SCOTUS doing more damage than Trump.

golden fields

"Majority of republicans I know hopes Desantis gets the nomination. They had enough of Trump.

SCOTUS doing more damage than Trump."

Do people blame the Republican party for the SCROTUS recent activities?

Isn't it a shocker that a guy who lied relentlessly in office + got impreached twice + got accused or ra*e more than once + bragged about sexual assault might not be a good chap?

Do people blame the Republican party for the SCROTUS recent activities?"

I do SCOTUS decisions it's detrimental to the upcoming elections.it was a stupid decision.

golden fields

Do people blame the Republican party for the SCROTUS recent activities? I do SCOTUS decisions it's detrimental to the upcoming elections.it was a stupid decision. "

Sorry for all the questions, I don't know how these things are perceived.

Do the supreme court judges care much about the Republicans getting back into power?

Presumably they knew that their actions would be unpopular with a lot of people.

Do people blame the Republican party for the SCROTUS recent activities? I do SCOTUS decisions it's detrimental to the upcoming elections.it was a stupid decision.

Sorry for all the questions, I don't know how these things are perceived.

Do the supreme court judges care much about the Republicans getting back into power?

Presumably they knew that their actions would be unpopular with a lot of people."

they interpret the constitution to people's rights.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"Do the supreme court judges care much about the Republicans getting back into power?"

They probably do care, but their job is to interpret the Constitution, and determine laws appropriately. Their duty to the law must come before their allegiance to their party.

golden fields

"Do the supreme court judges care much about the Republicans getting back into power?

They probably do care, but their job is to interpret the Constitution, and determine laws appropriately. Their duty to the law must come before their allegiance to their party."

Yeah, I understand how they're supposed to work. But clearly the reality is different, they have political leanings, and make choices based on their beliefs rather than interpretation of the constitution. IE the split vote on overturning Roe Vs Wade.

» Add a new message to this topic