FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The Contenders for PM

The Contenders for PM

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

So the whittling has started.

Let’s Breakdown the list as it stands today

1. Kemi Badenoch - if you like Trump she is your person.

2. Jeremy Hunt - hunt by name, hunt by nature

3. Tom Tugenhat - the Anti Boris Candidate, did you know he was in the Army?

4. Penny Mourdant - Battleship or Rubber Dinghy?

5. Liz Truss - Cloned from Thatcher when she had Dementia.

6. Rishi Sunak - Ready for Rishi…to be shown the door.

7. Suella Braverman - If Kemi is too Trump, then why don’t you have Mike Pence instead?

8. Nadim Zahawi - he’ll cut taxes, just like he cut sodium out of his diet.

Let’s see who gets into round 2 and then will list bucket list of candidates.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

I find it amazing that there is a Conservative Party leader election, and only 2 of the candidates are white males.

How things have changed.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I find it amazing that there is a Conservative Party leader election, and only 2 of the candidates are white males.

How things have changed."

It's superb to see.

Gilfach

"I find it amazing that there is a Conservative Party leader election, and only 2 of the candidates are white males."

"How things have changed."

"It's superb to see. "

It's even more surprising that none of the media are commenting on it. I'd expect to see some 'bloody foreigners taking over our government', or 'finally women are getting a chance'. I didn't expect that we would see this much diversity in a Tory election, and that no one would think it worth mentioning.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"I find it amazing that there is a Conservative Party leader election, and only 2 of the candidates are white males.

How things have changed.

It's superb to see.

It's even more surprising that none of the media are commenting on it. I'd expect to see some 'bloody foreigners taking over our government', or 'finally women are getting a chance'. I didn't expect that we would see this much diversity in a Tory election, and that no one would think it worth mentioning."

Is it if no concern that we could have another PM with no real loyalty to this country?

Economic migrants who would move to another country or continent if it was in their interests, people that won’t end their days here writing letters to the Times or Daily Mail?

Gilfach

"Is it if no concern that we could have another PM with no real loyalty to this country?"

I can see why people would worry about that, and I had that worry with both Tony Blair and Boris Johnson. I don't see that same naked opportunism in any of the current candidates.

I don't believe that being foreign-born, or of foreign parentage, would make anyone any less loyal to this country. In the Brexit threads there are plenty of people of purely British descent that express the wish to go and live elsewhere. How would you suggest that I determine someone's loyalty to this country?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"I don't see that same naked opportunism in any of the current candidates."

LOL Really? Try looking a little harder. You do know who these people are?

Gloucestershire

Well here’s the results hunt and Zahawi are out.

Guess no one wanted a hunt in power, and zahawi is just not good.

Looking at the numbers based on the face of it

The possibility of Richie Rish, Mordunce, or Trussp being going to the next rounds is high. But based on the projected voting intentions based on wings of the party it might be Mordunce and a Trussp race. Richie rish looks less likely to get to the end.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"

4. Penny Mourdant - Battleship or Rubber Dinghy?

"

Lucky Penny - edges out Truss in membership shootout

Bad Penny - those discounted share purchases come to light

Penny Pincher - cuts to disability benefits

Penny Dreadful - total Tory collapse at the GE

Ayr

Obviously, an odious turd will be the next PM; how could it be otherwise?

It's what less than 0.5% of the UK population want.

Good to see Zahawi gone, though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Kemi Badenoch is my choice, straight talking lady, will be a cracking leader when her time comes

"Is it if no concern that we could have another PM with no real loyalty to this country?

I can see why people would worry about that, and I had that worry with both Tony Blair and Boris Johnson. I don't see that same naked opportunism in any of the current candidates.

I don't believe that being foreign-born, or of foreign parentage, would make anyone any less loyal to this country. In the Brexit threads there are plenty of people of purely British descent that express the wish to go and live elsewhere. How would you suggest that I determine someone's loyalty to this country?"

Eh.. Which foreign country was Tony Blair born in?

Gloucestershire

"Kemi Badenoch is my choice, straight talking lady, will be a cracking leader when her time comes"

Let’s see, lower taxes, less government?

Sound like she is a mouthpiece of the Republican Party, don’t want us to become the UK of A.

What we don’t need is to become part of that shitshow over the pond.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

The whole cherade is like having to pick which portaloo to use on the third night of a muddy Glastonbury whatever choice you make is going to be a disgusting fowl experiance

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Eh.. Which foreign country was Tony Blair born in?"

Scotland !

"Kemi Badenoch is my choice, straight talking lady, will be a cracking leader when her time comes

Let’s see, lower taxes, less government?

Sound like she is a mouthpiece of the Republican Party, don’t want us to become the UK of A.

What we don’t need is to become part of that shitshow over the pond."

Of course, whichever candidate you want is best

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Hunt getting so few votes just shows how the purge of centre moderates has gone.

The rabid extreme right is truly in control of the Tory party. What a disaster for the workers of this country.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

All I see from this ‘race’ is the likelihood that there will be another in two years time.

Penny Mordaunt and Tom Tugenhadt are the only two serious contenders but whether the Conservative Party thinks the same is another matter.

It is beyond parody that Liz Truss is even under consideration and just for comedy value alone, I would love to see her win. Who knows, maybe the Conservative Party is on a mission to self-destruct and we will see PM Truss.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I wonder…is it time for mandatory drug testing of politicians? The wannabe’s in Government seem to be so hyped up at times that I wonder if the rumours about snow covered toilets in Westminster could be true?

Manchester

I’ve looked at the the voting for us website and they mostly all support merging the police and fire brigade. Why is that such a popular view? I can see the call centres being merged may cut costs but if your house is on fire or your cats up a tree are you interested in the police coming or the fire brigade? I’m curious as to the benefits. Genuine question.

How things have changed.

It's superb to see.

It's even more surprising that none of the media are commenting on it. I'd expect to see some 'bloody foreigners taking over our government', or 'finally women are getting a chance'. I didn't expect that we would see this much diversity in a Tory election, and that no one would think it worth mentioning."

It was commented upon (favourably) on LBC this morning.

By * and NCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 14/07/22 11:18:31]

"

Eh.. Which foreign country was Tony Blair born in?

Scotland ! "

We're not foreign to you just yet. Soon, though.

One rat out, and the next will be ready to take his place.

Gloucestershire

Braverman out, looks close

It now seems if the bottom dude who was in the army goes, it will probably split the numbers between Richie rish and Mordunce, Richie rish would come out on top, with Trussp taking bad knock votes, it would be them two.

But still all to play for in the Ready Money Round!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Richie was part of Borris club and is far too eager for the role so he should be barred from it. Beyond that I don’t know. Just glad it’s not me, only a lunatic would would the job

Ayr

"Braverman out, looks close

It now seems if the bottom dude who was in the army goes, it will probably split the numbers between Richie rish and Mordunce, Richie rish would come out on top, with Trussp taking bad knock votes, it would be them two.

But still all to play for in the Ready Money Round!"

It's good that she's gone. She doesn't believe in human rights. She said as much to Evan Davies, on PM.

There is no good outcome to this - whatever shite they talk to the contrary about making the country (ie. England) a better place.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Truss managed to get lost on the way into her own campaign launch and on the way out again as well, then walked into a window. This truly is the woman to lead us out of darkness.

"Truss managed to get lost on the way into her own campaign launch and on the way out again as well, then walked into a window. This truly is the woman to lead us out of darkness."

The human hand grenade

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

The poor choice of politicians is a reflection of our society as a whole. The true rot is what society has become. Fat, lazy, narcissistic, and generally mean-spirited.

Leeds

"Truss managed to get lost on the way into her own campaign launch and on the way out again as well, then walked into a window. This truly is the woman to lead us out of darkness."

She got lost because she was walking too far to the right

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"The poor choice of politicians is a reflection of our society as a whole. The true rot is what society has become. Fat, lazy, narcissistic, and generally mean-spirited."

The poor choice is because Johnson purged the Party of all but Brexit loyalists. Pragmatic, serious politicians were discarded in favour of lapdogs. All good for Big Dog - but not for the country - as we are seeing.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

So how long before we get the return of the Cummings or is it the 2nd Cummings

Leeds

"So how long before we get the return of the Cummings or is it the 2nd Cummings"

We have had the return of Cummings. He leaked Partygate to ITV. He leaked "Pincher by name, Pincher by nature". He is by far the most influential person in British politics

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"So how long before we get the return of the Cummings or is it the 2nd Cummings

We have had the return of Cummings. He leaked Partygate to ITV. He leaked "Pincher by name, Pincher by nature". He is by far the most influential person in British politics"

And himself highly influenced by Putin

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

Whole party needs slinging out imo Time for someone else to have a stab at the game

Agree 100%

Good point well made

Ayr

"The poor choice of politicians is a reflection of our society as a whole. The true rot is what society has become. Fat, lazy, narcissistic, and generally mean-spirited.

The poor choice is because Johnson purged the Party of all but Brexit loyalists. Pragmatic, serious politicians were discarded in favour of lapdogs. All good for Big Dog - but not for the country - as we are seeing."

Indeed. And society as a whole? Not really. Just the 43/44% of it that voted Tory in the 2019 GE.

The good news is, that at the next one, they have the opportunity to lose weight, work harder, start thinking of others and ease up on the cruelty.

It's doubtful they'll take it. They are Tories, after all - and they know that FPTP is their "fuck what the majority of voters want" card.

There isn't going to be any change for the better, under the next PM - not even in England; the place the candidates all really mean, when they speak of "the country".

The rest of us have had no consideration at all, due to FPTP rendering our votes irrelevant, in determining the outcome of a UK GE.

That and the fact that the majority of us don't vote Tory. So, why should they ever give a fuck?

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it appears that the more extremist of the fascists in the conservative and unionist party are intending on pushing the party to become an even more extremist fascist party than they are currently.

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

I just saw on Twitter that Kemi Badenoch is so far into the far right that she has been Endorsed by Ultra-Nationalist and Racist Britain First!

Eastbourne (she/they)

And no more than 15 minutes later I see a Tweet from a BBC staffer saying she has been eliminated from the race!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Expect a lot more right wing rhetoric from Mordaunt and Truss as they seek to bag Badenocks votes, Sunak only got 3 in this round ..

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"I just saw on Twitter that Kemi Badenoch is so far into the far right that she has been Endorsed by Ultra-Nationalist and Racist Britain First!"

Kemi is truly horrifying

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I just saw on Twitter that Kemi Badenoch is so far into the far right that she has been Endorsed by Ultra-Nationalist and Racist Britain First!

Kemi is truly horrifying "

there is a slice of deliciousness that Kemi 'Climate change doesn't require action' Badenoch got knocked out of the race on the hottest day ever in UK recorded history.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

i dare say that, for now, badenoch will continue to foment her fascist ideology from the backbench's, alongside the hundreds of other fascist backbenchers that make up the conservative and unionist party.

Even though it's impossible, I'm still nursing the dream that dorries can get back in the running. I could really use the laugh.

Go Nads!

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

"The poor choice of politicians is a reflection of our society as a whole. The true rot is what society has become. Fat, lazy, narcissistic, and generally mean-spirited.

The poor choice is because Johnson purged the Party of all but Brexit loyalists. Pragmatic, serious politicians were discarded in favour of lapdogs. All good for Big Dog - but not for the country - as we are seeing."

The lap dogs removed the big dog

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Looks like our next PM will not be a white male whatever happens now.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Can see Kemi coming out of this the strongest from all the candidates who have been knocked out so far.

She’s a certain element of the Right Wings wet dream. Any criticism and they can call Racism and sit back smugly. Bit like an element of the lefts alacrity to scream the same or another phobic description.

Mid Terms round the corner and presidential campaigner further off along with home strife and a general election further off as well. We will never be more divided. The chaos has only started buckle up.

Ayr

"Expect a lot more right wing rhetoric from Mordaunt and Truss as they seek to bag Badenocks votes, Sunak only got 3 in this round ..

"

I suppose Rishi's chances depend upon how many of the membership of the Tory Party are white, male, over 60 and still have a hard-on for Thatcher.

He's fucked! And so are the rest of us.

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 19/07/22 19:39:22]

Gloucestershire

Down to three, updated!

So looks like the numbers are on Ritchie Rish’s side, strong odds that bad knocks supporters will rally around Trussp, however there might be a change of heart and Mordunce will get some.

It’s far right tories vs centrist tories. The battle for the Tory party is going to be super brutal.

With Tory MP’s strewn across the fields of Westminster. Both sides are going to make it extremely difficult to govern whoever is in power.

So sit back, relax, and have a good time.

Manchester

It’s a terrifying reality that due to the Tory party purge of capable politicians we now have a real risk the Liz truss could be PM.

I’m not claiming to be the brightest spark in the box but even I could stop her in her tracks with a few facts to chew on. He rhetoric is just that . Rhetoric . She has no idea on any details of the stuff she spouts.

I have been reading up on mordant and whilst she not the typical rabid right wing she is of that leaning so fuck all you peasants . Now where’s my Russian bank account?

Rishi has the backing of the IMF today so that’s a positive. They derided the tax plans of Liz and Penny. They are all too weak to be PM but if I had to chose it would be Rishi. He can’t be bought. .

12 years of Tory destruction of our country. They nearly have you where they want you. Desperate and willing to accept less.

Gloucestershire

Well its trully terrifying that the prophecies about our leaders at the end of days are coming to pass.

Gloucestershire

And it’s down to 2!

Ritchie Rish and Trussp.

Whilst most of the MP’s put Sunak on top, it’s the party prats who will want Trussp.

See the Right wing papers rally behind Trussp, heralding her as Maggie Thatcher reborn, albeit into a dilapidated demented version of her.

See the rest of the country put their faces into their palms, at the sheer incompetence of both.

Either way there is going to be briefing and counter briefing, and endless debates on who is going to be the biggest arsehole on the planet, much like the final contestant on love island.

Roll on September 5th and get ready for a General election. Because these candidates need to prove themselves to the electorate before I accept their BS.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"And it’s down to 2!

Ritchie Rish and Trussp.

Whilst most of the MP’s put Sunak on top, it’s the party prats who will want Trussp.

See the Right wing papers rally behind Trussp, heralding her as Maggie Thatcher reborn, albeit into a dilapidated demented version of her.

See the rest of the country put their faces into their palms, at the sheer incompetence of both.

Either way there is going to be briefing and counter briefing, and endless debates on who is going to be the biggest arsehole on the planet, much like the final contestant on love island.

Roll on September 5th and get ready for a General election. Because these candidates need to prove themselves to the electorate before I accept their BS."

Trussp ?

Gilfach

"Trussp ? "

I don't get it either. The first time he posted it I assumed it was a spelling mistake, but it keeps on being repeated. I'd love to know what it means.

"Trussp ?

I don't get it either. The first time he posted it I assumed it was a spelling mistake, but it keeps on being repeated. I'd love to know what it means."

Maybe a Truss/Trump pun? I dunno.

Gloucestershire

"Trussp ?

I don't get it either. The first time he posted it I assumed it was a spelling mistake, but it keeps on being repeated. I'd love to know what it means.

Maybe a Truss/Trump pun? I dunno."

Bingo! you get a cookie!

"Trussp ?

Bingo! you get a cookie!"

Yay ty! Ewww, why's it all soggy + smelling strange?

Gilfach

"Trussp ? "

"Maybe a Truss/Trump pun? I dunno."

"Bingo! you get a cookie!"

For it to be a pun, don't we need some sort of similarity between Truss and Trump? Like them both being orange, or both having ridiculous hair. I can't see any similarities between them.

"Trussp ?

Bingo! you get a cookie!

For it to be a pun, don't we need some sort of similarity between Truss and Trump? Like them both being orange, or both having ridiculous hair. I can't see any similarities between them."

They both say stupid things

» Add a new message to this topic