FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nuclear secrets…. Wtf!!!

Nuclear secrets…. Wtf!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

If this is what trump was raided for… then aren’t we basically talking about espionage?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep, and makes you wonder what has also been removed from No10 in this interim period of change in an effort to cover up the truth of Johnsons mis doings.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

If this is what trump was raided for… then aren’t we basically talking about espionage? "

I think this is going to backfire and spectacularly.

Trump is all for the disclosure of the documents the FBI have taken. That would indicate they haven't got what they were looking for.

He is ticking along, playing the victim.. Will it play into any plans he may have for a 2024 run?

The FBI have been compromised, Trump will come out of this in good shape and the Democrats will be perceived as needlessly vindictive. They could’ve nailed Clinton to the mast but chose not to

Where does it indicate he is all for the documents being published ??

It's going to be one hell of a midterm this year.

Terra Firma

"Where does it indicate he is all for the documents being published ??"

Trump has publicly said he is happy for any documents seized by the FBI to be disclosed.

I was saying that would indicate the FBI have not got what they wanted.

If you want it at source, BBC news, although they are missing my indication, educated guess

Terra Firma

"It's going to be one hell of a midterm this year."

Part of me wants Trump to run again and win.

I would love to see the meltdown, I think it would be a once in a million year event

"The FBI have been compromised, Trump will come out of this in good shape and the Democrats will be perceived as needlessly vindictive. They could’ve nailed Clinton to the mast but chose not to"

What a load of utter drivel.

"Where does it indicate he is all for the documents being published ??

Trump has publicly said he is happy for any documents seized by the FBI to be disclosed.

If you want it at source, BBC news, although they are missing my indication, educated guess "

he can release the warrant which would list everything thats been taken. he hasnt. Wonder why. he was asked multiple times to hand over the docs, he chose not to. try reading the actual facts here without your maga hat covering your eyes. Also trump pleaded the 5th over 400 times atn the NY deposition recently despite saying over and over that only crooks etc would ever call the 5th. And now a person has been shot and killed due to the dumb comments made by a lot of idiot republicans and some on Faux news, about the FBI. Dumb, just plain dumb.

To stop the division bring everyone in the Clintons Trumps and Bidens hold public hearings for all.

Terra Firma

If you want it at source, BBC news, although they are missing my indication, educated guess

he can release the warrant which would list everything thats been taken. he hasnt. Wonder why. he was asked multiple times to hand over the docs, he chose not to. try reading the actual facts here without your maga hat covering your eyes. Also trump pleaded the 5th over 400 times atn the NY deposition recently despite saying over and over that only crooks etc would ever call the 5th. And now a person has been shot and killed due to the dumb comments made by a lot of idiot republicans and some on Faux news, about the FBI. Dumb, just plain dumb. "

You have made 2 assumptions that have made me dismiss what you are saying out of hand.

1) My MAGA hat: Nothing could be further from the truth, in fact it is utter nonsense and shows me you have absolutely no credibility.

2) You are explaining things to me in the way you see them (again) and give me no credit to be able to form my opinion based on fact.

Thanks for the input though

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

If this is what trump was raided for… then aren’t we basically talking about espionage? "

Like all the other russian collusion crap they couldn't prove

The people who hate Trump must have fucking blue balls the amount of times they got their knickers in a twist about his next big scandal

It's sad

He's come and gone, and the Dems are using him to cover up their failures, that's all, it's good media

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"To stop the division bring everyone in the Clintons Trumps and Bidens hold public hearings for all."

This is Hilarious, wanting MORE Clinton hearings?

Keep going till they actually find something huh? Given they have failed so far.

Terra Firma

"To stop the division bring everyone in the Clintons Trumps and Bidens hold public hearings for all."

The world does not have that kind of timeline, it would take 25 years to get the lawyers to agree a suitable date for them all.

BRIDGEND

"To stop the division bring everyone in the Clintons Trumps and Bidens hold public hearings for all.

This is Hilarious, wanting MORE Clinton hearings?

Keep going till they actually find something huh? Given they have failed so far."

It's what politics is

Why waste time actually doing what they've been elected for when they can sling mud at each other instead in some warped reality TV version of politics

Both sides so it, here and there

BRIDGEND

As a funny aside, Trump put the current FBI director in charge, one of his own appointments

Ah, politics. You've gotten laugh or you'll cry

he can release the warrant which would list everything thats been taken. he hasnt. Wonder why. he was asked multiple times to hand over the docs, he chose not to. try reading the actual facts here without your maga hat covering your eyes. Also trump pleaded the 5th over 400 times atn the NY deposition recently despite saying over and over that only crooks etc would ever call the 5th. And now a person has been shot and killed due to the dumb comments made by a lot of idiot republicans and some on Faux news, about the FBI. Dumb, just plain dumb.

You have made 2 assumptions that have made me dismiss what you are saying out of hand.

1) My MAGA hat: Nothing could be further from the truth, in fact it is utter nonsense and shows me you have absolutely no credibility.

2) You are explaining things to me in the way you see them (again) and give me no credit to be able to form my opinion based on fact.

Thanks for the input though "

The way I see them. Nope utter drivel. Its what has actually happened if you bothered to actually read reports. Opinions are not facts.

"To stop the division bring everyone in the Clintons Trumps and Bidens hold public hearings for all.

The world does not have that kind of timeline, it would take 25 years to get the lawyers to agree a suitable date for them all. "

How many hours did HRC testify on the Benghazi trial. Did she claim the 5th once. NOPE, not once. Trump has called the 5th over 400 times. And now we read that again the republicans are refusing to attend the GA hearings. But hey, her emails right!

By *entlemanFoxMan  over a year ago

North East / London

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

Fabio,

The short answer to your question is no. Espionage is working for a foreign government.

Absent any disclosure, this is a document security issue. As an aside there is probably an interesting legal question about the status of an ex president.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

If this is what trump was raided for… then aren’t we basically talking about espionage?

Trump is all for the disclosure of the documents the FBI have taken. That would indicate they haven't got what they were looking for.

He is ticking along, playing the victim.. Will it play into any plans he may have for a 2024 run?"

One problem with your scenario… he has had since Monday to release all the forms, if it was a bad as trump is suggesting then would he not gain more!

He told the world he got raided not the FBI, made it sound bad to get the sympathy

Basically the DOJ have said we can prove why we were there, you can tell the world or we can tell the world… in fact we will tell the world in 24 hrs.. deal with it or block it!!!

The DOJ basically brought a flamethrower to this knife fight! Trump can’t block it because it’s would now look a million times worse for him!

I don’t think it will all come out today… but the more redactions there are, the worse it will look!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Fabio,

Absent any disclosure, this is a document security issue. As an aside there is probably an interesting legal question about the status of an ex president.

"

Actually.. when it comes to most things he can claim to declassify anything he wishes… but there are specific things that say that any relating to nuclear security cannot… that has to go through committees… and then why is he talking stuff out of the White House down to mar a lago!

Terra Firma

The world does not have that kind of timeline, it would take 25 years to get the lawyers to agree a suitable date for them all.

How many hours did HRC testify on the Benghazi trial. Did she claim the 5th once. NOPE, not once. Trump has called the 5th over 400 times. And now we read that again the republicans are refusing to attend the GA hearings. But hey, her emails right!"

You're a star

Terra Firma

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

He is ticking along, playing the victim.. Will it play into any plans he may have for a 2024 run?

One problem with your scenario… he has had since Monday to release all the forms, if it was a bad as trump is suggesting then would he not gain more!

He told the world he got raided not the FBI, made it sound bad to get the sympathy

Basically the DOJ have said we can prove why we were there, you can tell the world or we can tell the world… in fact we will tell the world in 24 hrs.. deal with it or block it!!!

The DOJ basically brought a flamethrower to this knife fight! Trump can’t block it because it’s would now look a million times worse for him!

I don’t think it will all come out today… but the more redactions there are, the worse it will look! "

They need to have something good, is all I'm saying, or my scenario could come into play.

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

I don’t think it will all come out today… but the more redactions there are, the worse it will look!

They need to have something good, is all I'm saying, or my scenario could come into play."

Do you honestly think the FBI would do this unless they have ‘something good’ ? Trumpers will cry foul no matter the evidence

How many hours did HRC testify on the Benghazi trial. Did she claim the 5th once. NOPE, not once. Trump has called the 5th over 400 times. And now we read that again the republicans are refusing to attend the GA hearings. But hey, her emails right!

You're a star "

That knows whats what and not just an opinion.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I have a feeling like the impeachments this will be meaningless.

2024 is going to be an interesting year.

By *illi3736Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"The FBI have been compromised, Trump will come out of this in good shape and the Democrats will be perceived as needlessly vindictive. They could’ve nailed Clinton to the mast but chose not to"

Clinton had 11hours of questions without taking the 5th. Trump pleaded the 5th 440 times. A liar and coward exposed he should end up in prison.if anyone is still trying to give him their support god help you.

"I have a feeling like the impeachments this will be meaningless.

2024 is going to be an interesting year. "

Trump won’t be in the running, he will be neck deep in lawsuits and tbh he is far to old (the same as Biden )

Terra Firma

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

They need to have something good, is all I'm saying, or my scenario could come into play.

Do you honestly think the FBI would do this unless they have ‘something good’ ? Trumpers will cry foul no matter the evidence "

I'm thinking people are making their minds up based on what they want to happen. Let's see what unfolds.

There are also a few people on here who see a person mention Trump, and instantly think Trump supporter, they're also part of the problem, just like Trump supporters, not a clue.

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

Do you honestly think the FBI would do this unless they have ‘something good’ ? Trumpers will cry foul no matter the evidence

I'm thinking people are making their minds up based on what they want to happen. Let's see what unfolds.

There are also a few people on here who see a person mention Trump, and instantly think Trump supporter, they're also part of the problem, just like Trump supporters, not a clue.

"

There are millions of trump supporters who believe the last presidential election was fraudulent without a single piece of evidence, they don’t care about facts so why do they need them now

Newcastle and Gateshead

11 sets of classified documents…as follows

3 sets of confidential documents

3 sets of secret documents

4 sets of top secret documents

1 set of SCIDS (basically the level above top secret!)

Plus files on the president of France… hmmm and various other documents numbers 20 boxes worth

Newcastle and Gateshead

They got the search warrant for the raid under the statute covering the espionage act….

"They got the search warrant for the raid under the statute covering the espionage act…. "

Wow,

Newcastle and Gateshead

"They got the search warrant for the raid under the statute covering the espionage act….

Wow, "

18 USC 793 - espionage act

18 USC 1519 - obstruction/destruction/alteration or falsification of Federal records

18 USC 2071 - concealment/removal or mutilation of federal records

Let’s see people spin this

"They got the search warrant for the raid under the statute covering the espionage act….

Wow,

18 USC 793 - espionage act

18 USC 1519 - obstruction/destruction/alteration or falsification of Federal records

18 USC 2071 - concealment/removal or mutilation of federal records

Let’s see people spin this "

Don’t worry, they will try, like I said earlier, some of his supporters are delusional, facts don’t seem to alter their mindset

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I have nothing to add. But this thread feels like it has legs.

So I'm posting

And looking forward to the sequel.

Featuring B Johnson.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Given the proven propensities of some Trump supporters, Trump leaking the warrant *without redacting the names of the FBI agents* was a dick move

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Dick move?

Like the whistle blower over that Perfect Phone Call.

Deliberate attempt to harass and intimidate..

Manchester (she/her)

"Dick move?

Like the whistle blower over that Perfect Phone Call.

Deliberate attempt to harass and intimidate.."

Yes. Ironic understatement, apologies.

It's a dog and pony show for midterms as usual. Both sides trying to get the votes this November.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's a dog and pony show for midterms as usual. Both sides trying to get the votes this November."

I don't know on what planet potential espionage is "as usual".

Even Trump himself said the warrant was unprecedented.

Maybe you should look into some US history and politics, if you think this is normal?

Eastbourne (she/they)

"It's a dog and pony show for midterms as usual. Both sides trying to get the votes this November."

Nice Deflection!

"It's a dog and pony show for midterms as usual. Both sides trying to get the votes this November.

Nice Deflection!"

It's the truth

"It's a dog and pony show for midterms as usual. Both sides trying to get the votes this November.

Nice Deflection!"

It's the truth

2020 all hell breaks loose... 2021 calm

. 2022 back on the same page. It's election year.

Manchester (she/her)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

. 2022 back on the same page. It's election year. "

So... Those nice friendly tourists calling to hug Mike Pence on January 6 2021?

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

So... Those nice friendly tourists calling to hug Mike Pence on January 6 2021?"

It's midterms is it not ? People more focused on state issues than federal. Yet the federal fools trying to deflect with the " look at us " to gain seats

Like I said nothing new. BOTH SIDES.

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

It's midterms is it not ? People more focused on state issues than federal. Yet the federal fools trying to deflect with the " look at us " to gain seats

Like I said nothing new. BOTH SIDES. "

ONE SIDE ALL OF IT

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

ONE SIDE ALL OF IT"

lol if you can't see through the smokescreen you are a fool. It's midterms. SCOTUS pelosi Trump you literally play into that hand. Why ?

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

ONE SIDE ALL OF IT lol if you can't see through the smokescreen you are a fool. It's midterms. SCOTUS pelosi Trump you literally play into that hand. Why ? "

I really actually feel sorry for you if you think it is both sides. quite pitiful

Manchester (she/her)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Like I said nothing new. BOTH SIDES. "

So. Which Democrat called for their followers to storm the Capitol in the aftermath of an election? (Was that after a mid term?)

Which one has pled the fifth in New York, after claiming only mobsters do so?

Which Democrats sought pardons from a president?

Which Democrat withheld classified documents after the end of his presidency? (Btw, the national archives released information about the lawful transfer of documents after the end of Obama's administration)

Caps lock doesn't make it true. Evidence does

Manchester (she/her)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

ONE SIDE ALL OF IT lol if you can't see through the smokescreen you are a fool. It's midterms. SCOTUS pelosi Trump you literally play into that hand. Why ?

I really actually feel sorry for you if you think it is both sides. quite pitiful"

Sure it's both sides.

Republicans and Republicans

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

ONE SIDE ALL OF IT lol if you can't see through the smokescreen you are a fool. It's midterms. SCOTUS pelosi Trump you literally play into that hand. Why ?

I really actually feel sorry for you if you think it is both sides. quite pitiful

Sure it's both sides.

Republicans and Republicans"

I a independent soo. It's voting season both sides are looking for votes to push thier agenda are they not?

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Republicans and Republicans I a independent soo. It's voting season both sides are looking for votes to push thier agenda are they not? "

You know this trick of not answering a persons question, then asking your own strawman question is pretty transparent after you have done it 392784695 times

2020 a " shite show " 2021 calm .. 2022 another shite show. If you can't recognize it I can't help you on your perception. I vote according to my belief in the candidates not the public opinion. Ok ?

Eastbourne (she/they)

"2020 a " shite show " 2021 calm .. 2022 another shite show. If you can't recognize it I can't help you on your perception. I vote according to my belief in the candidates not the public opinion. Ok ?"

When was the insurrection again?

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Republicans and Republicans I a independent soo. It's voting season both sides are looking for votes to push thier agenda are they not?

You know this trick of not answering a persons question, then asking your own strawman question is pretty transparent after you have done it 392784695 times"

your strawman analogy super weak when it comes to American politics. You read and dissertain accordingly to your beliefs. I live here your beliefs do not count now do they ?

Manchester (she/her)

"2020 a " shite show " 2021 calm .. 2022 another shite show. If you can't recognize it I can't help you on your perception. I vote according to my belief in the candidates not the public opinion. Ok ?

When was the insurrection again?"

6 January 2021.

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Republicans and Republicans I a independent soo. It's voting season both sides are looking for votes to push thier agenda are they not?

You know this trick of not answering a persons question, then asking your own strawman question is pretty transparent after you have done it 392784695 times your strawman analogy super weak when it comes to American politics. You read and dissertain accordingly to your beliefs. I live here your beliefs do not count now do they ? "

so using your " strange " does what again when you can't effect that outcome?

Manchester (she/her)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Republicans and Republicans I a independent soo. It's voting season both sides are looking for votes to push thier agenda are they not? "

So you think that accusing someone of crimes under the Espionage Act, where agents have to swear under oath to get the warrant, is just a political game?

You must think your democracy with all of its checks and balances is utterly worthless, then.

Huh. I thought Americans were proud of their country.

"2020 a " shite show " 2021 calm .. 2022 another shite show. If you can't recognize it I can't help you on your perception. I vote according to my belief in the candidates not the public opinion. Ok ?

6 January 2021."

And people are prosecuted for that are they not ?

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

You know this trick of not answering a persons question, then asking your own strawman question is pretty transparent after you have done it 392784695 times your strawman analogy super weak when it comes to American politics. You read and dissertain accordingly to your beliefs. I live here your beliefs do not count now do they ? "

A strawman is a strawman regardless of where you live, here let me help you:

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/politics/1339422

I like how you defended the strawman with another strawman though kudos!

Manchester (she/her)

6 January 2021.

And people are prosecuted for that are they not ?"

I thought you said that a) it was midterms that were the big attention seeking event (early 2021 being the wrapping up of a presidential election), and b) that 2021 was quiet.

Gee if a violent attempted overthrow of your government, an attack on your centre of government not seen in over a century, is "quiet", I'm glad I live in a less wartorn part of the world.

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

So you think that accusing someone of crimes under the Espionage Act, where agents have to swear under oath to get the warrant, is just a political game?

You must think your democracy with all of its checks and balances is utterly worthless, then.

Huh. I thought Americans were proud of their country."

I said this before I said it a million times are we not "True democracy". You vote no matter what the majority has spoken.its a done deal

We vote the minority still has a voice to challenge. We a constitutional republic. Not a true democracy. Peoples voices in each state matter not the overall federal perception. Tell me I am wrong.

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Huh. I thought Americans were proud of their country. I said this before I said it a million times are we not "True democracy". You vote no matter what the majority has spoken.its a done deal

We vote the minority still has a voice to challenge. We a constitutional republic. Not a true democracy. Peoples voices in each state matter not the overall federal perception. Tell me I am wrong. "

You are wrong. About so many things.

Just would like to say it's voting season. It's always the same proverbial bullshite.

Manchester (she/her)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Huh. I thought Americans were proud of their country. I said this before I said it a million times are we not "True democracy". You vote no matter what the majority has spoken.its a done deal

We vote the minority still has a voice to challenge. We a constitutional republic. Not a true democracy. Peoples voices in each state matter not the overall federal perception. Tell me I am wrong. "

I'm not sure you understand enough of what I said to be wrong. You just went off in a different direction.

I'm looking forward to hearing the both sides spin when Trump is indicted

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

We vote the minority still has a voice to challenge. We a constitutional republic. Not a true democracy. Peoples voices in each state matter not the overall federal perception. Tell me I am wrong.

You are wrong. About so many things."

You read I live here how am I wrong ? My experience trump's yours yes I said trump. I don't pretend understanding UK politics yet your vain attempts on ours solves what again? Are you here listening to local voices .. nope. Do you listen to local radio.. again nope. Yet mystate is a pivotal state. Shhh you have nothing but what you read on the news and you have to comment on.. my fingers are on the pulse. Yours is just conjectures.

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

He is ticking along, playing the victim.. Will it play into any plans he may have for a 2024 run?"

Sorry, I must correct you. Trump had a copy of the warrant and list of all the documents prior to the search. He chose not to tell anyone he had those docs or tell them what was in them prefering to babble on about Banana Republics and biased FBI.

The right wing media and the republican members and senators all demanded to know what was in the docs so the US Attorney General had it publishe.

It looks very uncomfortable for Trump. Even Fox (can I lick your arse again please Mr Trump) News is struggling to spin it.

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

You are wrong. About so many things. You read I live here how am I wrong ? My experience trump's yours yes I said trump. I don't pretend understanding UK politics yet your vain attempts on ours solves what again? Are you here listening to local voices .. nope. Do you listen to local radio.. again nope. Yet mystate is a pivotal state. Shhh you have nothing but what you read on the news and you have to comment on.. my fingers are on the pulse. Yours is just conjectures. "

Again... Wrong

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

Sorry, I must correct you. Trump had a copy of the warrant and list of all the documents prior to the search. He chose not to tell anyone he had those docs or tell them what was in them prefering to babble on about Banana Republics and biased FBI.

The right wing media and the republican members and senators all demanded to know what was in the docs so the US Attorney General had it publishe.

It looks very uncomfortable for Trump. Even Fox (can I lick your arse again please Mr Trump) News is struggling to spin it. "

Like I said voting season for seats . Nothing new

Manchester (she/her)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

You are wrong. About so many things. You read I live here how am I wrong ? My experience trump's yours yes I said trump. I don't pretend understanding UK politics yet your vain attempts on ours solves what again? Are you here listening to local voices .. nope. Do you listen to local radio.. again nope. Yet mystate is a pivotal state. Shhh you have nothing but what you read on the news and you have to comment on.. my fingers are on the pulse. Yours is just conjectures. "

The internet means that we also have access to American media, including expert commentary.

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

You are wrong. About so many things. You read I live here how am I wrong ? My experience trump's yours yes I said trump. I don't pretend understanding UK politics yet your vain attempts on ours solves what again? Are you here listening to local voices .. nope. Do you listen to local radio.. again nope. Yet mystate is a pivotal state. Shhh you have nothing but what you read on the news and you have to comment on.. my fingers are on the pulse. Yours is just conjectures.

Again... Wrong"

how so I get inundated every day with political adds trying to change a public perception? You do not. Silly you.

Manchester (she/her)

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

It looks very uncomfortable for Trump. Even Fox (can I lick your arse again please Mr Trump) News is struggling to spin it. "

I laughed when I saw that press release. I bet Trump thought Garland was a pussy.

"Hold my be- err, book".

He should have swept a fucking cape when he left that conference. Boom!

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

You are wrong. About so many things. You read I live here how am I wrong ? My experience trump's yours yes I said trump. I don't pretend understanding UK politics yet your vain attempts on ours solves what again? Are you here listening to local voices .. nope. Do you listen to local radio.. again nope. Yet mystate is a pivotal state. Shhh you have nothing but what you read on the news and you have to comment on.. my fingers are on the pulse. Yours is just conjectures.

The internet means that we also have access to American media, including expert commentary."

And thanks to the internet we also have access to the people that live in the USA, whether they are family that have always lived there, friends you have know there for 20+ years, or even colleagues.

It is also pretty common for adults to engage in political discussion with those types of friends...

Funny how that works isnt it?

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

It looks very uncomfortable for Trump. Even Fox (can I lick your arse again please Mr Trump) News is struggling to spin it.

I laughed when I saw that press release. I bet Trump thought Garland was a pussy.

"Hold my be- err, book".

He should have swept a fucking cape when he left that conference. Boom!"

I agree let's get down to the nitty gritty of it all.

Spending 34 million for a seat in the Senate from both sides is unfathomable.

Manchester (she/her)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

The internet means that we also have access to American media, including expert commentary.

And thanks to the internet we also have access to the people that live in the USA, whether they are family that have always lived there, friends you have know there for 20+ years, or even colleagues.

It is also pretty common for adults to engage in political discussion with those types of friends...

Funny how that works isnt it?"

Absolutely.

My American friends and I are mostly swapping memes. I'm looking forward to the legal breakdown of the warrant on one of my favourite podcasts - yes, an American lawyer on an American podcast.

Glasgow

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

Like I said voting season for seats . Nothing new"

Yes. It is voting season but the court order and search warrent were real. They listed top secret items. Unlike the "stop the steal" rubbish this is not made up.

Manchester (she/her)

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

"Hold my be- err, book".

He should have swept a fucking cape when he left that conference. Boom!I agree let's get down to the nitty gritty of it all."

Which is what's happening.

We're finding out the depths of alleged criminality of Donald Trump. As executed by the FBI, whose head is a Republican nominee, and is historically right leaning.

It'd be hilarious that this could be painted as both sides if it weren't so fucking terrifying.

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Absolutely.

My American friends and I are mostly swapping memes. I'm looking forward to the legal breakdown of the warrant on one of my favourite podcasts - yes, an American lawyer on an American podcast."

I have a group chat in discord where all we do is discuss the latest happenings in politics on both side of the pond, there's about a dozen of us, 8 US side 4 UK (ish) quite spread out among the two as well. Allows for a lot of input from a lot of different backgrounds.

Manchester (she/her)

"Ho…. Le…fuk!!!!

Like I said voting season for seats . Nothing new

Yes. It is voting season but the court order and search warrent were real. They listed top secret items. Unlike the "stop the steal" rubbish this is not made up. "

The warrant was executed just before the Justice Department embargo on prosecutions of a political nature. I bet Garland didn't want to speak within the 90 days, but Trump put him in a difficult spot

Which he outmanoeuvred magnificently.

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Absolutely.

My American friends and I are mostly swapping memes. I'm looking forward to the legal breakdown of the warrant on one of my favourite podcasts - yes, an American lawyer on an American podcast.

I have a group chat in discord where all we do is discuss the latest happenings in politics on both side of the pond, there's about a dozen of us, 8 US side 4 UK (ish) quite spread out among the two as well. Allows for a lot of input from a lot of different backgrounds."

your discord does not give you everyday perceptions to a swing state does it? 2020 people wanted Biden.I live here that perception is changing. Get back to me the end of November when the voters speak. I see a trend twords republican base. That is a fair assumption.

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Absolutely.

I have a group chat in discord where all we do is discuss the latest happenings in politics on both side of the pond, there's about a dozen of us, 8 US side 4 UK (ish) quite spread out among the two as well. Allows for a lot of input from a lot of different backgrounds. your discord does not give you everyday perceptions to a swing state does it? 2020 people wanted Biden.I live here that perception is changing. Get back to me the end of November when the voters speak. I see a trend twords republican base. That is a fair assumption."

there are 50 states your discord does what again?

Eastbourne (she/they)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Absolutely.

I have a group chat in discord where all we do is discuss the latest happenings in politics on both side of the pond, there's about a dozen of us, 8 US side 4 UK (ish) quite spread out among the two as well. Allows for a lot of input from a lot of different backgrounds. your discord does not give you everyday perceptions to a swing state does it? 2020 people wanted Biden.I live here that perception is changing. Get back to me the end of November when the voters speak. I see a trend twords republican base. That is a fair assumption.there are 50 states your discord does what again?"

Gives me a much better understanding of the USA than you have... apparently.

Manchester (she/her)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Absolutely.

I have a group chat in discord where all we do is discuss the latest happenings in politics on both side of the pond, there's about a dozen of us, 8 US side 4 UK (ish) quite spread out among the two as well. Allows for a lot of input from a lot of different backgrounds. your discord does not give you everyday perceptions to a swing state does it? 2020 people wanted Biden.I live here that perception is changing. Get back to me the end of November when the voters speak. I see a trend twords republican base. That is a fair assumption."

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that midterms were not about electing a president, but other candidates. Biden, being the president, is not at issue here.

But if people around you think the Republican party - rallying as it is around someone who is probably going to be indicted for various crimes - that's probably on the people around you. It's not actually an indication of the unprecedented historic moment we find ourselves in.

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Absolutely.

I have a group chat in discord where all we do is discuss the latest happenings in politics on both side of the pond, there's about a dozen of us, 8 US side 4 UK (ish) quite spread out among the two as well. Allows for a lot of input from a lot of different backgrounds. your discord does not give you everyday perceptions to a swing state does it? 2020 people wanted Biden.I live here that perception is changing. Get back to me the end of November when the voters speak. I see a trend twords republican base. That is a fair assumption.there are 50 states your discord does what again?

Gives me a much better understanding of the USA than you have... apparently."

UK person telling me over discord how the general public thinks locally.. Under your assumption Trump shouldn't have got voted in in the first place. Silly you.

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Absolutely.

I have a group chat in discord where all we do is discuss the latest happenings in politics on both side of the pond, there's about a dozen of us, 8 US side 4 UK (ish) quite spread out among the two as well. Allows for a lot of input from a lot of different backgrounds. your discord does not give you everyday perceptions to a swing state does it? 2020 people wanted Biden.I live here that perception is changing. Get back to me the end of November when the voters speak. I see a trend twords republican base. That is a fair assumption.there are 50 states your discord does what again?

Gives me a much better understanding of the USA than you have... apparently. UK person telling me over discord how the general public thinks locally.. Under your assumption Trump shouldn't have got voted in in the first place. Silly you. "

Guess who is the " Strawman" I suggest you put a mirror to your face.

Manchester (she/her)

Nice Deflection!

It's the truth

Sure it's both sides.

Absolutely.

Gives me a much better understanding of the USA than you have... apparently. UK person telling me over discord how the general public thinks locally.. Under your assumption Trump shouldn't have got voted in in the first place. Silly you. Guess who is the " Strawman" I suggest you put a mirror to your face. "

I'm not sure you understand what "strawman" means in this context

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Guess who is the " Strawman" I suggest you put a mirror to your face.

I'm not sure you understand what "strawman" means in this context "

I did provide a link to the explanation too...

"Guess who is the " Strawman" I suggest you put a mirror to your face.

I'm not sure you understand what "strawman" means in this context

I did provide a link to the explanation too..."

and I'll wait till November on the actual vote counts. Is that a fair assumption ?

Eastbourne (she/they)

I find it hard to believe that Pennsylvania State is swinging Republican when current polling for the senate race is 49.0% Fetterman(D) and only 38.3% (R)

That is over a 10 point lead.

Eastbourne (she/they)

[Removed by poster at 13/08/22 02:31:46]

Eastbourne (she/they)

Back on topic though, I will find it interesting over the next week to see both IF and how many of the GQP will distance themselves from Trump with these revelations.

Most of them went from back the Blue to Defund the FBI so fast it affected the rotational speed of the globe!

Glasgow

"Back on topic though, I will find it interesting over the next week to see both IF and how many of the GQP will distance themselves from Trump with these revelations.

Most of them went from back the Blue to Defund the FBI so fast it affected the rotational speed of the globe!"

Interesting question. I watched Fox News as to how they tried to spin this published warrant. They were struggling. If the MAGA sheeple start to turn and follow another messiah (Rubio?) Then I think the others GOP candidates will turn on Trump but only when it is safe to do so.

I am interested to see if Liz Cheney gets re-elected. I wonder if the Dems will vote tactically and keep the Trumpist candidate out.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I find it hard to believe that Pennsylvania State is swinging Republican when current polling for the senate race is 49.0% Fetterman(D) and only 38.3% (R)

That is over a 10 point lead."

Toomey is retiring… the person the republicans chose to replace him with is a celebrity quack doctor…. And fetterman hasn’t made a public appearance in months because he has a stroke the day before his primary! And the lead is still 10 and growing!

The republicans are going blow the chances of getting back the senate because the senate based trump approved candidates are so wild! So rather than races in Georgia and Arizona being races the R should be competing in .. they are going to be playing defensive to stop the D taking Pennsylvania and Ohio!

Back to the main topic of the thread… I don’t think you can turn the “espionage act “ into both sides ism….. for a republicans party that likes to say back the blue, they are doing a whole lot of attacking law enforcement! Plus trump giving the un redacted list to breibart publishing the names of the agents doing the search wasn’t smart….

I thought top secret and ts/Sid docs might be the line they wouldn’t cross supporting trump… I was wrong

Manchester (she/her)

"I find it hard to believe that Pennsylvania State is swinging Republican when current polling for the senate race is 49.0% Fetterman(D) and only 38.3% (R)

Toomey is retiring… the person the republicans chose to replace him with is a celebrity quack doctor…. And fetterman hasn’t made a public appearance in months because he has a stroke the day before his primary! And the lead is still 10 and growing!

The republicans are going blow the chances of getting back the senate because the senate based trump approved candidates are so wild! So rather than races in Georgia and Arizona being races the R should be competing in .. they are going to be playing defensive to stop the D taking Pennsylvania and Ohio!

Back to the main topic of the thread… I don’t think you can turn the “espionage act “ into both sides ism….. for a republicans party that likes to say back the blue, they are doing a whole lot of attacking law enforcement! Plus trump giving the un redacted list to breibart publishing the names of the agents doing the search wasn’t smart….

I thought top secret and ts/Sid docs might be the line they wouldn’t cross supporting trump… I was wrong "

I agree. This is shocking

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

It is interesting seeing Blu's take.

Here we are watching events across the pond and thinking "fucking hell, an ex pres being raided under espionage laws and super top secret docs being found. Shit that is on a "need to know basis" type secyitity. That's Hollywood level, never seen before, reputation killing shit"

And over the pond it's being positioned (and accepted) as "run of the mill, vote wining games"

Even if this was just election season game playing, how fucked has everything become when a raid using spy laws is part of the play book?

I thought top secret and ts/Sid docs might be the line they wouldn’t cross supporting trump… I was wrong "

Fetterman was at a rally last night, so hasnt made a public appearance in months is justg a tad wrongf

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It would be interesting to know if he stored any documents somewhere else, just in case. What he seems to have pilfered appears to be bad enough. Perhaps his slow to understand mind needed more time to grasp things?

"It is interesting seeing Blu's take.

Here we are watching events across the pond and thinking "fucking hell, an ex pres being raided under espionage laws and super top secret docs being found. Shit that is on a "need to know basis" type secyitity. That's Hollywood level, never seen before, reputation killing shit"

And over the pond it's being positioned (and accepted) as "run of the mill, vote wining games"

Even if this was just election season game playing, how fucked has everything become when a raid using spy laws is part of the play book?"

Political posturing is what it's signalling.

Eastbourne (she/they)

Even if this was just election season game playing, how fucked has everything become when a raid using spy laws is part of the play book?

Political posturing is what it's signalling."

Are you implying he is innocent and this is nothing but an elaborate political ploy?

Or it is true and you feel it is only in the news because of the political hay?

Or something else entirely?

Manchester (she/her)

"It would be interesting to know if he stored any documents somewhere else, just in case. What he seems to have pilfered appears to be bad enough. Perhaps his slow to understand mind needed more time to grasp things? "

Like how to get more money from the Saudis, Russians, or both?

Eastbourne (she/they)

"It would be interesting to know if he stored any documents somewhere else, just in case. What he seems to have pilfered appears to be bad enough. Perhaps his slow to understand mind needed more time to grasp things?

Like how to get more money from the Saudis, Russians, or both? "

Hey... lets not be unfair here... Trump doesn't limit who he will make money from, it could be the chinese, the taliban, anyone.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Trump should be in jail but I suspect that is true of most leaders who have somehow managed to climb the greasy pole to the top..

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Political posturing is what it's signalling."

I get that is your view. Youbatr very focused on the timing.

but can you see why others see an ex pres being raided under espionage laws as being unusual. And that it's a suprise the ex pres has top secret shit in his house.

And regardless of what triggered the timing of the raid, are you okay with information that could be damaging to the states being in his mansion.

Or is this "normal" in the US? And the Dems are playing unfair because they are exploiting soemthing normal. Do all ex pres have top secret material lying about ?

Are you implying he is innocent and this is nothing but an elaborate political ploy?

"

Voters here are looking at the whole debacle as a political ploy.My county was notoriously democrat. Trump flipped it. So how you think people are reacting to this when inflation is up that is more concerning than a raid on a x republican president right before midterms.

Eastbourne (she/they)

Voters here are looking at the whole debacle as a political ploy.My county was notoriously democrat. Trump flipped it. So how you think people are reacting to this when inflation is up that is more concerning than a raid on a x republican president right before midterms."

You didn't answer my question. Do you think he is guilty or innocent?

Manchester (she/her)

"It would be interesting to know if he stored any documents somewhere else, just in case. What he seems to have pilfered appears to be bad enough. Perhaps his slow to understand mind needed more time to grasp things?

Like how to get more money from the Saudis, Russians, or both?

Hey... lets not be unfair here... Trump doesn't limit who he will make money from, it could be the chinese, the taliban, anyone."

Who should have access to secrets about the American nuclear arsenal?

Anyone who can keep Trump in Cheeto spray tan.

What a thing to sell out the world for. I hope he hasn't done it already

Voters here are looking at the whole debacle as a political ploy.My county was notoriously democrat. Trump flipped it. So how you think people are reacting to this when inflation is up that is more concerning than a raid on a x republican president right before midterms.

You didn't answer my question. Do you think he is guilty or innocent?"

. That is up to the judicial system to decide.

Eastbourne (she/they)

You didn't answer my question. Do you think he is guilty or innocent?. That is up to the judicial system to decide. "

The judicial system decides what you think?

It's a simple enough question, but if you don't have what it takes to answer, you don't have to we can just draw our own conclusions instead.

You didn't answer my question. Do you think he is guilty or innocent?. That is up to the judicial system to decide.

It's a simple enough question, but if you don't have what it takes to answer, you don't have to we can just draw our own conclusions instead."

I don't have all the evidence neither do you. Isn't it judicial matter? Courts should decide literally isn't that what the DOJ does?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

You didn't answer my question. Do you think he is guilty or innocent?. That is up to the judicial system to decide.

It's a simple enough question, but if you don't have what it takes to answer, you don't have to we can just draw our own conclusions instead.

I don't have all the evidence neither do you. Isn't it judicial matter? Courts should decide literally isn't that what the DOJ does?"

I think he’s a cunt. But, a little piece of me thinks maybe he’s the answer - an anti establishment reformer?

I’ve heard though, he cheats at golf and he’s never been too bothered about paying his suppliers. A wrong un in my book!

Eastbourne (she/they)

I don't have all the evidence neither do you. Isn't it judicial matter? Courts should decide literally isn't that what the DOJ does?"

You are still allowed an opinion, that is literally what this forum is about, people sharing their opinions on what is happening in politics.

It seems however you are saying this so you do not want to share your own opinion, for whatever reason and that is ok. You do not have to share if you do not want to, that is equally a part of free speech. A byproduct is going to be that people will fill in the blanks with information based on their perception of things thus far.

Me personally I think you don't want to answer because you think Trump is innocent because you are a Trump supporter and you know deep down how ridiculous the reality of that is.

It may be true, it may not, but we will not know for sure.

My opinion is present all the evidence so I can make a informed decision on the evidence presented. That goes for any case.LBJ took sensitive information when he left office. Isn't it more prudent to wait and see exactly what the DOJ charges him with ?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"It seems however you are saying this so you do not want to share your own opinion, for whatever reason ..."

Have you ever read any of Blu's posts? Blu is not shy of stating an opinion, even when the rest of the forum is against them.

It seems to me that the only sensible opinion to have in this case is that none of us have all the facts, and we simply don't know whether he is guilty or not. Let's wait for the courts to come to a decision and see what they say.

"It seems however you are saying this so you do not want to share your own opinion, for whatever reason ...

Have you ever read any of Blu's posts? Blu is not shy of stating an opinion, even when the rest of the forum is against them.

It seems to me that the only sensible opinion to have in this case is that none of us have all the facts, and we simply don't know whether he is guilty or not. Let's wait for the courts to come to a decision and see what they say."

It's seems everyone is guilty until proven innocent anymore.

Eastbourne (she/they)

"It seems however you are saying this so you do not want to share your own opinion, for whatever reason ...

It seems to me that the only sensible opinion to have in this case is that none of us have all the facts, and we simply don't know whether he is guilty or not. Let's wait for the courts to come to a decision and see what they say.

It's seems everyone is guilty until proven innocent anymore."

That doesnt even make sense

I can state multiple cases on both sides. George Floyd debacle... They are guilty. Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty. I am not the judge jury and executioner and then I get messages that I am not bias twords others. Crazy...

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I can state multiple cases on both sides. George Floyd debacle... They are guilty. Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty. I am not the judge jury and executioner and then I get messages that I am not bias twords others. Crazy...

"

What question were you answering here?

"I can state multiple cases on both sides. George Floyd debacle... They are guilty. Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty. I am not the judge jury and executioner and then I get messages that I am not bias twords others. Crazy...

What question were you answering here?"

I don't need to answer your question without all the factual evidence that is presented am I wrong in your eyes? That I take in all the facts and come into a conclusion of my choice. I don't follow a mob mentality. That is justice I don't need your pitchfork.

Eastbourne (she/they)

What question were you answering here? I don't need to answer your question without all the factual evidence that is presented am I wrong in your eyes? That I take in all the facts and come into a conclusion of my choice. I don't follow a mob mentality. That is justice I don't need your pitchfork."

I asked you what question you were answering...nothing more.

What question were you answering here? I don't need to answer your question without all the factual evidence that is presented am I wrong in your eyes? That I take in all the facts and come into a conclusion of my choice. I don't follow a mob mentality. That is justice I don't need your pitchfork.

I asked you what question you were answering...nothing more."

ok let's flip it is Kyle Rittenhouse guilty in your honest opinion? Just because I wait and take in all factual evidence I am crucified in your eyes? It goes for any case major or minor to in my eyes I don't extract pitchfork whataboutism. Sorry if you can't understand my justice compared to yours.

Eastbourne (she/they)

What question were you answering here? I don't need to answer your question without all the factual evidence that is presented am I wrong in your eyes? That I take in all the facts and come into a conclusion of my choice. I don't follow a mob mentality. That is justice I don't need your pitchfork.

I asked you what question you were answering...nothing more. ok let's flip it is Kyle Rittenhouse guilty in your honest opinion? Just because I wait and take in all factual evidence I am crucified in your eyes? It goes for any case major or minor to in my eyes I don't extract pitchfork whataboutism. Sorry if you can't understand my justice compared to yours. "

Blu, I asked what question you were answering when you said something.

I made no comment on what you said in it whatsoever.

And for the record " if trump is found guilty". I accept that.

I asked you what question you were answering...nothing more. ok let's flip it is Kyle Rittenhouse guilty in your honest opinion? Just because I wait and take in all factual evidence I am crucified in your eyes? It goes for any case major or minor to in my eyes I don't extract pitchfork whataboutism. Sorry if you can't understand my justice compared to yours.

I made no comment on what you said in it whatsoever."

I gave you your answer. You scream facts yet can't accept a judicial system.

Eastbourne (she/they)

I asked you what question you were answering...nothing more. ok let's flip it is Kyle Rittenhouse guilty in your honest opinion? Just because I wait and take in all factual evidence I am crucified in your eyes? It goes for any case major or minor to in my eyes I don't extract pitchfork whataboutism. Sorry if you can't understand my justice compared to yours.

I made no comment on what you said in it whatsoever. I gave you your answer. You scream facts yet can't accept a judicial system."

Whatever Blu i am done with trying to decipher your incomprehensible ramblings, blatant deflections, strawmen, myriad of other logical and rational inconsistencies and the truly baffling strings of replies to your own comments about things that are nothing to do with what anyone has said.

have the day you deserve, I am out

Am I wrong in my assumption your innocent until proven guilty ? Not having the Frankenstein pitchfork mentality? Seems no one can get a fair trial according to public perception.

I made no comment on what you said in it whatsoever. I gave you your answer. You scream facts yet can't accept a judicial system.

Whatever Blu i am done with trying to decipher your incomprehensible ramblings, blatant deflections, strawmen, myriad of other logical and rational inconsistencies and the truly baffling strings of replies to your own comments about things that are nothing to do with what anyone has said.

have the day you deserve, I am out"

what now who can't answer.

my rational perception is mine not a mob mentality like yours.

I made no comment on what you said in it whatsoever. I gave you your answer. You scream facts yet can't accept a judicial system.

have the day you deserve, I am out what now who can't answer.

my rational perception is mine not a mob mentality like yours."

how is innocent until proven guilty not factual ?

have the day you deserve, I am out what now who can't answer.

my rational perception is mine not a mob mentality like yours. how is innocent until proven guilty not factual ? "

lol I ramble you deflect the issue when it doesn't suit your opinion and I get called the insane one.

Hint : Your eloquent behavior is not a right to other opinions. You are not the righteous one you perceive.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"My opinion is present all the evidence so I can make a informed decision on the evidence presented. That goes for any case.LBJ took sensitive information when he left office. Isn't it more prudent to wait and see exactly what the DOJ charges him with ?"

See .. the interesting thing for me is that about every 6-8 hrs the stock excuse keeps changing….

It’s gone from being victimised…to we were helpful and there was no need to do all this …. to records were planted… to well Obama did the same thing (spoiler he didn’t!)….to well we declassified everything.. to well we all take work home!!!

With ts/Sid info… they would take you to a secure room.. they don’t leave you with the paperwork!!!

Remember when trump famously said he could shoot someone point blank in front of a crowd in the middle of 5th avenue and get away with it! I have to keep asking myself just where is the line where trump supporters finally say….. oooh!

Because if an attempt coup almost getting his vice president killed and breaking the espionage act isn’t… then how far else is there!

Manchester (she/her)

"My opinion is present all the evidence so I can make a informed decision on the evidence presented. That goes for any case.LBJ took sensitive information when he left office. Isn't it more prudent to wait and see exactly what the DOJ charges him with ?

See .. the interesting thing for me is that about every 6-8 hrs the stock excuse keeps changing….

It’s gone from being victimised…to we were helpful and there was no need to do all this …. to records were planted… to well Obama did the same thing (spoiler he didn’t!)….to well we declassified everything.. to well we all take work home!!!

With ts/Sid info… they would take you to a secure room.. they don’t leave you with the paperwork!!!

Remember when trump famously said he could shoot someone point blank in front of a crowd in the middle of 5th avenue and get away with it! I have to keep asking myself just where is the line where trump supporters finally say….. oooh!

Because if an attempt coup almost getting his vice president killed and breaking the espionage act isn’t… then how far else is there!

"

I think they're running scared.

It's fascinating and terrifying.

"My opinion is present all the evidence so I can make a informed decision on the evidence presented. That goes for any case.LBJ took sensitive information when he left office. Isn't it more prudent to wait and see exactly what the DOJ charges him with ?

"

yet it's all hearsay in a court of law is it not ? Presidential immunity does not come into play? Past presidents have done it. If the DOJ finds something unconstitutional I correct to find trump guilty?

I mean realistically trump deserves his "Rights' in a court of law just like many other high profile cases. Am I wrong in that assumption? We going to take the pitchfork over common sense ?

Eastbourne (she/they)

It's fascinating and terrifying."

I don't know what's more terrifying and fascinating.

Trump and cohorts this is directly affecting, or the scores of GQP and Trump cultists who are scrambling to make excuses, one after the other for him

Manchester (she/her)

"

Trump and cohorts this is directly affecting, or the scores of GQP and Trump cultists who are scrambling to make excuses, one after the other for him"

Both in equal measure.

The rank and file - both the lack of reliable information/inability of information to penetrate; and the uptick in stochastic terrorism.

The upper echelons of power - just how few qualms they have. Nothing seems to be sacred in their naked thirst for power.

"

Trump and cohorts this is directly affecting, or the scores of GQP and Trump cultists who are scrambling to make excuses, one after the other for him

Both in equal measure.

The rank and file - both the lack of reliable information/inability of information to penetrate; and the uptick in stochastic terrorism.

The upper echelons of power - just how few qualms they have. Nothing seems to be sacred in their naked thirst for power. "

yet everyone wants equal justice.To say the judgement from a public standpoint is not judgement now is it ? Variables come into play on a conviction does it not ?

Eastbourne (she/they)

"

Both in equal measure.

The upper echelons of power - just how few qualms they have. Nothing seems to be sacred in their naked thirst for power. "

Will be interesting to say the least with they hold tight and stay a cohesive block, or if you are going to have people jumping ship in order to save themselves.

Just in terms of self preservation there has to be a breaking point where they realise they cannot be saved by him. eventually.

That won't hold true for the cultists they will stay enraptured until he is gone gone, for like years. For some it will be a perma cult following forever regardless of anything that happens in reality.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Both in equal measure.

The upper echelons of power - just how few qualms they have. Nothing seems to be sacred in their naked thirst for power.

Will be interesting to say the least with they hold tight and stay a cohesive block, or if you are going to have people jumping ship in order to save themselves.

Just in terms of self preservation there has to be a breaking point where they realise they cannot be saved by him. eventually.

That won't hold true for the cultists they will stay enraptured until he is gone gone, for like years. For some it will be a perma cult following forever regardless of anything that happens in reality."

For sure. I think this will have repercussions for decades, in American culture and possibly even beyond.

Eastbourne (she/they)

"

Both in equal measure.

That won't hold true for the cultists they will stay enraptured until he is gone gone, for like years. For some it will be a perma cult following forever regardless of anything that happens in reality.

For sure. I think this will have repercussions for decades, in American culture and possibly even beyond."

Well the very nature of the American media machine means it is now impossible for it to remain self contained. Knock on effects, like Thanos, are inevitable.

We are already seeing global partners retreating from the GQP though except for the extreme right wing fringes.

So I have hope that on the global level it will be something thats there but gets worked around.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Both in equal measure.

For sure. I think this will have repercussions for decades, in American culture and possibly even beyond.

Well the very nature of the American media machine means it is now impossible for it to remain self contained. Knock on effects, like Thanos, are inevitable.

We are already seeing global partners retreating from the GQP though except for the extreme right wing fringes.

So I have hope that on the global level it will be something thats there but gets worked around."

I suppose it depends on the balance of power, globally. And what if any maintenance of the US as we know is sustainable.

I can't imagine that any self respecting country will tolerate this attitude toward the law unless the US holds something over their heads. And if they do - would it be like Russia, a rogue state?

"

Both in equal measure.

That won't hold true for the cultists they will stay enraptured until he is gone gone, for like years. For some it will be a perma cult following forever regardless of anything that happens in reality."

what cultist? I explain the justice system yet you cannot accept innocent until proven guilty accordingly. Is it your cultist perceptions of others that offer your blindness twords justice ? Your perception is weak you want pitchforks.i want a biased judgement.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

It's quite interesting that with this level of security classified documents, it should be impossible for anyone other than the president or a very select few others to even see the documents, never mind remove them from wherever they were supposed to be stored. Hence it should be impossible to pass blame for them being moved to Florida onto any underling ("Oh that stupid bloody secretary, I told her those documents shouldn't have been packed!") - just allowing the underling to have access to the documents would be a very serious crime.

Does anybody know, when the Chelsea Manning incident occurred, how long it was from linking her to the documents before she was arrested? I believe that once arrested she was held without bail and in solitary confinement until her trial, and after conviction was held in a military maximum security facility for over 7 years until her sentence was commuted by Obama.

Given that Trump was head of the armed forces at the time of the alleged espionage act of stealing these documents, I would assume that he should also come under military jurisdiction, and should also be held within military facilities. If it is found that any of these documents about atomic weapons have in fact been leaked to hostile foreign governments - eg. Russia - then charges of aiding the enemy would not be unreasonable. If found guilty, this could result in the death penalty.

Obviously he must be allowed his day in court, it is out of order to prejudge the matter. However it is very interesting to speculate on the possible charges, the constitutional position if found guilty, and the sentences that could be imposed.

This would seem to be possibly the gravest incident involving the leader of a western democracy that has occurred during the last half century or more.

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I suppose it depends on the balance of power, globally. And what if any maintenance of the US as we know is sustainable.

I can't imagine that any self respecting country will tolerate this attitude toward the law unless the US holds something over their heads. And if they do - would it be like Russia, a rogue state?"

Yeah in global politics the acts do not matter and perception is everything, just the story of what has happened will hopefully have people pull back support from Trump.

I imagine the only ones that will still be on his side are the ones who

- think he can beat it

- who trump has something on

- the ones who have something on Trump who think they can still get something out of him.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Mr trump has something that the craft want and it is not secrets about nukes.

Eastbourne (she/they)

"It's quite interesting that with this level of security classified documents, it should be impossible for anyone other than the president or a very select few others to even see the documents, never mind remove them from wherever they were supposed to be stored. Hence it should be impossible to pass blame for them being moved to Florida onto any underling ("Oh that stupid bloody secretary, I told her those documents shouldn't have been packed!") - just allowing the underling to have access to the documents would be a very serious crime.

Does anybody know, when the Chelsea Manning incident occurred, how long it was from linking her to the documents before she was arrested? I believe that once arrested she was held without bail and in solitary confinement until her trial, and after conviction was held in a military maximum security facility for over 7 years until her sentence was commuted by Obama.

Given that Trump was head of the armed forces at the time of the alleged espionage act of stealing these documents, I would assume that he should also come under military jurisdiction, and should also be held within military facilities. If it is found that any of these documents about atomic weapons have in fact been leaked to hostile foreign governments - eg. Russia - then charges of aiding the enemy would not be unreasonable. If found guilty, this could result in the death penalty.

Obviously he must be allowed his day in court, it is out of order to prejudge the matter. However it is very interesting to speculate on the possible charges, the constitutional position if found guilty, and the sentences that could be imposed.

This would seem to be possibly the gravest incident involving the leader of a western democracy that has occurred during the last half century or more."

I think it is truly worrisome that this isn't the first thing he has done which could be termed "gravest incident involving the leader of a western democracy that has occurred during the last half century or more"

I am not sure about the courts, while he commanded the military he was still a civilian. Then there is the fact he was president so I can see Military Tribunal, Civilian court and Congress/Senate having jurisdiction, and there may be a fight over it.

Might have to chat with some friends in the states (one is a lawyer) see what they say.

Manchester (she/her)

"I suppose it depends on the balance of power, globally. And what if any maintenance of the US as we know is sustainable.

I can't imagine that any self respecting country will tolerate this attitude toward the law unless the US holds something over their heads. And if they do - would it be like Russia, a rogue state?

Yeah in global politics the acts do not matter and perception is everything, just the story of what has happened will hopefully have people pull back support from Trump.

- think he can beat it

- the ones who have something on Trump who think they can still get something out of him."

I fear that that's the path the UK is going down too, as an aside. Dicking around with the EU and particularly the GFA - internationally it'll not be a good look. And the UK doesn't have the muscle of the US.

Within the US, it's hard to see how they walk this back, on one side of the aisle.

"It's quite interesting that with this level of security classified documents, it should be impossible for anyone other than the president or a very select few others to even see the documents, never mind remove them from wherever they were supposed to be stored. Hence it should be impossible to pass blame for them being moved to Florida onto any underling ("Oh that stupid bloody secretary, I told her those documents shouldn't have been packed!") - just allowing the underling to have access to the documents would be a very serious crime.

This would seem to be possibly the gravest incident involving the leader of a western democracy that has occurred during the last half century or more."

yet it's up to courts to prove it if he found guilty quit trying to play the righteous one. Courts decide who is guilty and who is not not public perception. Otherwise justice would be served cold would it not ?You all would be running for his head otherwise. I will digress and say he was charged and convicted . Is that not fair?

Eastbourne (she/they)

- think he can beat it

- the ones who have something on Trump who think they can still get something out of him.

I fear that that's the path the UK is going down too, as an aside. Dicking around with the EU and particularly the GFA - internationally it'll not be a good look. And the UK doesn't have the muscle of the US.

Within the US, it's hard to see how they walk this back, on one side of the aisle."

The solution in my mind is eerily similar for both the US and the UK and that is voting reform.

With the reform to eliminate the electoral college in the US and FPTP in the UK the problem Parties would never hold power again, which would help on the global scale.

Manchester (she/her)

- think he can beat it

Within the US, it's hard to see how they walk this back, on one side of the aisle.

The solution in my mind is eerily similar for both the US and the UK and that is voting reform.

With the reform to eliminate the electoral college in the US and FPTP in the UK the problem Parties would never hold power again, which would help on the global scale."

In an alternative reality, though, approaching international pariah status, due to delusions of exceptionalism. In both cases.

Eastbourne (she/they)

- think he can beat it

With the reform to eliminate the electoral college in the US and FPTP in the UK the problem Parties would never hold power again, which would help on the global scale.

In an alternative reality, though, approaching international pariah status, due to delusions of exceptionalism. In both cases."

Unfortunately accurate

You both weak on a generalization perception of a "American". Yet you both pretend to understand.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/12/midterms-elections-battlegrounds-luzerne-county-pennsylvania-00042932 accurate

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal yes this is acceptable. Nope.....

Here's hoping a day will come when they formally charge him and finally put him on trial.

"You both weak on a generalization perception of a "American". Yet you both pretend to understand. "

Are you one of the people who thought the election was ‘stolen’ ??

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Here's hoping a day will come when they formally charge him and finally put him on trial. "

He will just sit there pleading the 5th on everything

The man is a narcissist and thinks he is being cleaver by not exactly answering questions as in just saying I might do this or I might do that.

Has never known a days work in his life was handed a shite load of money from daddy.

Has evaded taxes or paying people who have done work for him or who have worked with him.

The original Flimflam Man

"Here's hoping a day will come when they formally charge him and finally put him on trial.

The man is a narcissist and thinks he is being cleaver by not exactly answering questions as in just saying I might do this or I might do that.

Has never known a days work in his life was handed a shite load of money from daddy.

Has evaded taxes or paying people who have done work for him or who have worked with him.

The original Flimflam Man "

Trump is an idiot. If put on trial properly, there's a v good chance he'd say something at some point that sees him jailed. There's a real risk to being a fool who rants, lies + raves all the time in a courtroom setting.

Manchester (she/her)

"Here's hoping a day will come when they formally charge him and finally put him on trial.

The original Flimflam Man

Trump is an idiot. If put on trial properly, there's a v good chance he'd say something at some point that sees him jailed. There's a real risk to being a fool who rants, lies + raves all the time in a courtroom setting."

Pleading the fifth 440 times this week was interesting

While yes that's his right under US law (I believe under UK law refusing to answer *will* be held against you) -

a) he's on record several times saying that only mobsters plead the fifth, and

b) this is a civil case, where pleading the fifth can be used against you

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"I believe under UK law refusing to answer *will* be held against you"

In the UK you can refuse to answer in a police interview, and that refusal can't be held against you. However, if you come up with a defence in court, without having mentioned it beforehand, the judge and jury are entitled to consider that you might have made it up in the intervening time.

The 5th Amendment says that you don't have to answer a question in court if it might incriminate you. The UK has no such law, and you do have to answer all questions that are put to you.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I believe under UK law refusing to answer *will* be held against you

In the UK you can refuse to answer in a police interview, and that refusal can't be held against you. However, if you come up with a defence in court, without having mentioned it beforehand, the judge and jury are entitled to consider that you might have made it up in the intervening time.

The 5th Amendment says that you don't have to answer a question in court if it might incriminate you. The UK has no such law, and you do have to answer all questions that are put to you."

To keep it simple….. pleading the 5th can’t be held against you in a criminal court case… but can be held against you in a civil court case where they are allowed to make an inference based on you refusing to answer questions!

Manchester (she/her)

"I believe under UK law refusing to answer *will* be held against you

The 5th Amendment says that you don't have to answer a question in court if it might incriminate you. The UK has no such law, and you do have to answer all questions that are put to you.

To keep it simple….. pleading the 5th can’t be held against you in a criminal court case… but can be held against you in a civil court case where they are allowed to make an inference based on you refusing to answer questions! "

Which was the point I was making

My ass is prepared for it

Is he in jail now?

By *appyPandaMan  over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

"Is he in jail now?"

Unfortunately not, and I wonder if he's being kept out intentionally just so the corporate dems who love the partisan divide can keep him and his ilk as an outside threat to motivate their own voters. So many vote for them simply because they don't want the other lot to win, and the scarier and more unhinged the other lot is, the better for dems who don't want to change a broken system.

» Add a new message to this topic