FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > My life

My life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I base my decisions in a life aspect on the theory of the ooda loop. You take in information and analyze . I see people skip the analytical parts of it and it drives me crazy. Is the theory of the "Ooda" a great balance twords life? What is it's downfall?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I base my decisions in a life aspect on the theory of the ooda loop. You take in information and analyze . I see people skip the analytical parts of it and it drives me crazy. Is the theory of the "Ooda" a great balance twords life? What is it's downfall? "

What about bias? Depends on the source of the information, where’s it coming from? Is it a reputable source?, I am sure if the source isn’t reputable then it makes the analysis useless.

How do you ensure the information you received is genuine?, if you are not satisfied with the information you receive, do you compare it with other studies to eliminate doubt?

[Removed by poster at 27/08/22 23:42:34]

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

OODA seems competition orientated.

How do you use this in day to day life? Your posting style comes across to me as anything but analytical... For me, the five posts in a row technique would be more in line with someone who is typing theoughts as they appear without giving time to process.

It's an observation, based on my own norms.

Which is probably where OODA also could have a downfall imo. It's trying to put a veil of rationality around a core of emotions. It's very hard to analyse ones emotional behaviour as we always have a story of reason. That seems very human, to seek order in a VUCA world.

"OODA seems competition orientated.

How do you use this in day to day life? Your posting style comes across to me as anything but analytical... For me, the five posts in a row technique would be more in line with someone who is typing theoughts as they appear without giving time to process.

Which is probably where OODA also could have a downfall imo. It's trying to put a veil of rationality around a core of emotions. It's very hard to analyse ones emotional behaviour as we always have a story of reason. That seems very human, to seek order in a VUCA world. "

but in the end no matter what "emotional feelings " people have they want the solid proof in data to back said emotions up. Ones emotional behavior is subjective to ones self until the data is presented to tell you otherwise is it not? Another words your not alone .

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Which is probably where OODA also could have a downfall imo. It's trying to put a veil of rationality around a core of emotions. It's very hard to analyse ones emotional behaviour as we always have a story of reason. That seems very human, to seek order in a VUCA world. but in the end no matter what "emotional feelings " people have they want the solid proof in data to back said emotions up. Ones emotional behavior is subjective to ones self until the data is presented to tell you otherwise is it not? Another words your not alone ."

true analysis isn't just seeking solid proof to back that data up. That's confirmation bias, and only if there is zilch data will you change your mind.

True analysis involves seeking and listening to alternative views without being entrenched in a position.

I will hold my hand up and say I struggle with that in a daily basis. Do you believe you take in and digest other data that doesn't support your view?

The easy way if checking this is asking when you last changed your mind on something.

Which is probably where OODA also could have a downfall imo. It's trying to put a veil of rationality around a core of emotions. It's very hard to analyse ones emotional behaviour as we always have a story of reason. That seems very human, to seek order in a VUCA world. but in the end no matter what "emotional feelings " people have they want the solid proof in data to back said emotions up. Ones emotional behavior is subjective to ones self until the data is presented to tell you otherwise is it not? Another words your not alone .true analysis isn't just seeking solid proof to back that data up. That's confirmation bias, and only if there is zilch data will you change your mind.

True analysis involves seeking and listening to alternative views without being entrenched in a position.

I will hold my hand up and say I struggle with that in a daily basis. Do you believe you take in and digest other data that doesn't support your view?

The easy way if checking this is asking when you last changed your mind on something. "

if data confirms it's true is it not? Literally everyone relies on scientific proof. Data it falls into that loop does it not?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Which is probably where OODA also could have a downfall imo. It's trying to put a veil of rationality around a core of emotions. It's very hard to analyse ones emotional behaviour as we always have a story of reason. That seems very human, to seek order in a VUCA world. but in the end no matter what "emotional feelings " people have they want the solid proof in data to back said emotions up. Ones emotional behavior is subjective to ones self until the data is presented to tell you otherwise is it not? Another words your not alone .true analysis isn't just seeking solid proof to back that data up. That's confirmation bias, and only if there is zilch data will you change your mind.

The easy way if checking this is asking when you last changed your mind on something. if data confirms it's true is it not? Literally everyone relies on scientific proof. Data it falls into that loop does it not?"

very few questions can be answered via true scientific enquiry. In real life data is complex and confounded. Look at the debate on climate change. Lots of data yet still differing views.

When deciding which party to vote for, or which policy you agree with, sure you can look for data. But it won't all line up and point to One True Answer.

Hell, even science is Truth until it is not. Although one can argue here that we only need a Good Enough model for the purposes we are using it for.

The easy way if checking this is asking when you last changed your mind on something. if data confirms it's true is it not? Literally everyone relies on scientific proof. Data it falls into that loop does it not?very few questions can be answered via true scientific enquiry. In real life data is complex and confounded. Look at the debate on climate change. Lots of data yet still differing views.

When deciding which party to vote for, or which policy you agree with, sure you can look for data. But it won't all line up and point to One True Answer.

Hell, even science is Truth until it is not. Although one can argue here that we only need a Good Enough model for the purposes we are using it for. "

science is the acceptable norm polls on political science. Data .. ooda loop applies. Explain why it doesn't ? It applies to everyday life. What misconception is it's fault. Science religion politics all fall into that theroy. It's up to you being a individual to decipher your own decisions accordingly.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

On the ooda hand* you could trust your own experience, intelligence and intuition combined with being open to reading and listening to different points of view and data.

They say there are only two things in life that are certain...death and taxes!

*sorry couldn’t resist.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I base my decisions on the don’t be a c*nt formula.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

The easy way if checking this is asking when you last changed your mind on something. if data confirms it's true is it not? Literally everyone relies on scientific proof. Data it falls into that loop does it not?very few questions can be answered via true scientific enquiry. In real life data is complex and confounded. Look at the debate on climate change. Lots of data yet still differing views.

Hell, even science is Truth until it is not. Although one can argue here that we only need a Good Enough model for the purposes we are using it for. science is the acceptable norm polls on political science. Data .. ooda loop applies. Explain why it doesn't ? It applies to everyday life. What misconception is it's fault. Science religion politics all fall into that theroy. It's up to you being a individual to decipher your own decisions accordingly. "

I'd love to reply but I'm not sure what you are saying.

My point isn't that OODA doesn't use data, but that the data it does use can be biased based on the user.

I also think most people think they use facts to make decisions. That's a very human belief. However we are buy animals seeking meaning. So in many cases we go with feelings or patterns.

For example, if everyone uses OODA and has the same data, you'd find it harder to put people in boxes. As it is, you can guess lots of peoplea views based on their country, the state they grew up in, the party they vote for.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The thing that I notice of your posts though, which would seem to indicate that you don't do this, is that your theory (more of a technique I guess than a theory) is that it is supposed to be circular, i.e. you reassess and re-orient when you are provided with new data or information.

I have seen many many threads where you are in a sort of dialogue with others, who are providing you with competing evidence, data and opinion, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't tend to see you taking on other people's information and evidence and your perception changing.

You appear to hold rigidly to your preconceived ideas no matter what evidence is raised with you.

That's just my reading of it.

"The thing that I notice of your posts though, which would seem to indicate that you don't do this, is that your theory (more of a technique I guess than a theory) is that it is supposed to be circular, i.e. you reassess and re-orient when you are provided with new data or information.

I have seen many many threads where you are in a sort of dialogue with others, who are providing you with competing evidence, data and opinion, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't tend to see you taking on other people's information and evidence and your perception changing.

You appear to hold rigidly to your preconceived ideas no matter what evidence is raised with you.

That's just my reading of it."

I do my analogy accordingly. When I post anything "American " related you chime in trying to be self righteous. Yet you not American I would say my "Data" trump's yours. I never claimed understanding UK culture but you claim to have a broad understanding what a American is because you think it's self righteous in your own opinion.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That doesn't make any sense

"That doesn't make any sense"
makes perfect sense I have more data on American way of life than you. Yet you "pretend" to know everything about everyone. Why is that ? You need a sense of gratification for your self absorbed righteousness?

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Can someone translate this for me ?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Can someone translate this for me ? "

The OP usually posts about the USA in a UK thread. They consequently believe that they look now more than anyone else on the thread so they are always right.

This begs the question, why post? What is the trying to find out?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Can someone translate this for me ?

The OP usually posts about the USA in a UK thread. They consequently believe that they look now more than anyone else on the thread so they are always right.

This begs the question, why post? What is the trying to find out?"

know more*

» Add a new message to this topic