FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Qatar World Cup deaths

Qatar World Cup deaths

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ebjonnson OP   Man  over a year ago

Maldon

Just been reading a French report that 6500 workers died constructing the stadiums. Do they not have H&S standards there?

So many just to build some stadiums. I knew it was an issue but no idea the number was so high.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Blimey..

Where have you been?

Disposable workers, starved, fallen, accidents or even beaten yet it was allowed with blind eyes turned.

It started from day one. Money Talks..

Maldon

"Blimey..

Where have you been?

Disposable workers, starved, fallen, accidents or even beaten yet it was allowed with blind eyes turned.

It started from day one. Money Talks..

"

I know, I do remember reading about it at the time but for some reason that number has just struck home. Perhaps at the time I didn’t think it would go ahead but here we are just a couple of months away.

The report started on the deaths to build the Panama Canal - 27,000 can you believe.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The most shameful episode in the history of UEFA.

Longridge

EUFA turned a blind eye, then media got involved and pressured them into a response.

The response from Qatar was cleaning up their act, the reality, they just covered up their act.

It was and is a blood stained disgrace. Praying on people desperate to feed family back home to work under threat in dangerous conditions.

Building should have stopped, the contracts ripped up and moved to somewhere else. Heat killed many, then accidents.

Having said that, I used to work with a corporate safety investigator and he used to always say "there is NO such thing as an accident, it is always mechanical failure, stupidity, negligence or oversight of oneself or a 3rd party. Accident is a term used to avoid blame".

It is true, there is NO SUCH thing as an accident and advice that's served me well.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I expect nothing less from FIFA but for them to follow the dollars.

Longridge

I referred to EUFA, should have said FIFA.

Monet and greed with all of them.

Panini books of stickers, my daughter was given a Euros book for free with some stickers at school.

She fell for it, grand parents were buying Sticker packs that I put an end to at £180 to finish the book from eBay bulk purchases.

World Cup books, kids are expected to pay up to £900 in stickers for each book filled.

Sheer greed.

Anyone speaking out in Qatar was sent home, usually after a beating and being forced to cover their own travel costs.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

As a small boy I watched England win the World Cup on a black & white TV.

I've waited 56 years to (hopefully) see it happen again, in colour this time of course.

However I do not want England to win it this time nor will I be watching it.

It will always be the tainted tournament and will be a stain on whoever wins.

My perfect World Cup this time would be that all the big names get knocked out in the group stage and it finishes with a final between two of the more obscure nations, costing FIFA and the sponsors millions.

I know it won't happen but I can dream.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"My perfect World Cup this time would be that all the big names get knocked out in the group stage and it finishes with a final between two of the more obscure nations, costing FIFA and the sponsors millions.

I know it won't happen but I can dream."

You dream too small.

A perfect World Cup would see the teams all turning up, then refusing to play, and giving interviews to the world's press to explain why.

Maldon

"My perfect World Cup this time would be that all the big names get knocked out in the group stage and it finishes with a final between two of the more obscure nations, costing FIFA and the sponsors millions.

I know it won't happen but I can dream.

You dream too small.

A perfect World Cup would see the teams all turning up, then refusing to play, and giving interviews to the world's press to explain why."

How great would that be. Plus we would escape the heartbreak of losing another penalty shoot out.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

The football faithful won't give a crap and will be watching all the games beer in hand.

Maldon

"The football faithful won't give a crap and will be watching all the games beer in hand."

Probably right. I will watch under protest though.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"The football faithful won't give a crap and will be watching all the games beer in hand."
I feel conflicted. Not gonna lie.

It also grates in me that we look snuggly at the EU and it's reliance on russian gas when we are throwing billions at these guys.

Football had more of a choice tho. FIFA are money grabbing slime balls and not worthy custodians of the game. However the game, at that level, is big(ish) business run by small time crooks.

By *thello37Man  over a year ago

London

"I expect nothing less from FIFA but for them to follow the dollars. "

They have just signed Beckham to feature in an ad campaign

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

Just a thought. Before I retired two years ago. I was a health and safety person for the company I worked for. My job there was electrical technician. My late wife was from an Asia country. Having been to that country many times. There was very little health and safety. Both my late wifes brothers had construction businesses . The machinery like large earth movers if had hydraulic leak on pipework would just get taped up .

I had numerous arguments about electrical work in property my late wife and I owned. As I insisted it was done to my specifications . The one thing being fitted was a fuse board . This with circuit breakers.

So can see as a lot of workers killed in this Asia country due to no Health and Safety regulations as such.

By *rikey25Man  over a year ago

mids

If you held a minutes silence for each worker killed it would start at Midday on the Monday and finish on Saturday afternoon!

Only two countries have submitted the numbers of dead. At least 3 other countries that supply the workers haven’t submitted. Numbers will be more like 10,000 in reality.

Less than 10 died building the stadiums in Brazil

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

In context, the four year programme building the London Olympic venues, resulted in zero fatalities.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Slav3ry absolutely goes on in those places as it is rarely spoken about in media. Yet it is suggested that we are a good and transparent society. Funny how propaganda works isn't it?

They import desperate unskilled peasants from east Asian countries and take their passports. Then they employ them through dodgey agency companies and quickly ship their corpses home when they die so they can be declared dead in their own countries. Horrific isn't it?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think the England team and a few others are going to wear some armbands. Maybe tweet something.

My conscience is clear.

» Add a new message to this topic