FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The “mini” budget

The “mini” budget

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

As a person at the bottom end of the scale I suppose I should say thank you for the reversal in national insurance and the income tax cut in April….

But the amount she and kwasi have just given away to their rich friends is just eye watering!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

It's a 2 year gamble, before the next GE.

If it works, and stimulates the economy and attracts investment, then all well and good.

The problem is if it doesn't work. And global events, make that less of a certainty.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's a 2 year gamble, before the next GE.

If it works, and stimulates the economy and attracts investment, then all well and good.

The problem is if it doesn't work. And global events, make that less of a certainty."

The treasury reckons there were about 650,000 people who we’re paying the 45% tax rate (the people earning £150,000) …. Each of those people just got a 10k tax cut for the abolition of that rate!!!! Minimum

For us peasants … the 1% income tax cut and the reverse of the NI rate… it’s going to be swallowed up in higher interest rates for purchases like houses.. and cars ect…

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

How is any of this helping now, not long term, people struggling to put food on the table. An extra tin of beans perhaps but I doubt that as even with the so called cap people still will need to pay near double from what they were paying last year. I am not really in to heavy politics but do feel for the ordinary people who this is going to do very little to alleviate their worry and struggles.

By *ddmanMan  over a year ago

Norwich

It's a wierd gamble, but the philosophy may be

- bribe electorate with low taxes so they don't riot

- take the last of the cream for your mates (and offshore that)

- prop up just enough of the cost of living to wreck everything else on the way out

- sit in opposition for a decade blaming whomever succeeds you when all the booby traps you've laid go off.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Was the top rate signposted?

This feels like a "good" set of tax cuts for lower paid (ni and basix to 19p) and a "great" set for higher (NI puts more in their pocket as a % of income, plus a 5% reduction on their Xs earnings)

And if I'm a banker (as I'd bet not many are going to rebase basics, just get more bonus)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Labour will be relieved.....old school Tory ideology rears it's head.....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Was the top rate signposted?

This feels like a "good" set of tax cuts for lower paid (ni and basix to 19p) and a "great" set for higher (NI puts more in their pocket as a % of income, plus a 5% reduction on their Xs earnings)

And if I'm a banker (as I'd bet not many are going to rebase basics, just get more bonus)"

The top rate was 45% on earnings over 150k… because this has now been abolished they on earnings between 50k and 150k… instead of paying 45% they will now pay 40%….

So those people basically got an 11.25% tax cut (45/40) on any earnings if you were paying the old 45% rate….

Now compare that to the 1% income tax rate cut for the lowest tax earners and the 1.25% national insurance

Because the threshold for tax and ni is now the same… instead of paying a combined 33.25% in tax and ni on earnings between 12500 and 50000, we will pay 31% in tax

The top earners will also get this as well….

So if you earned 150,000… you got a 750 pound tax cut at the bottom, and a 11250 tax cut at the top… minimum

12000 pounds…… I think they call it classic trickle down economics… the rich people spend more to support all us poor people!!!

P.s .. if you earn 25k per year… the tax cut gets you roughly and extra 250 pounds a year! Don’t spend it all at once now!!!!

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Labour will be relieved.....old school Tory ideology rears it's head....."
I'm worried that ppl will be do grateful for the crumbs, they miss the loaves going to the higher paid.

"Labour will be relieved.....old school Tory ideology rears it's head.....I'm worried that ppl will be do grateful for the crumbs, they miss the loaves going to the higher paid. "

Agreed, that is what usually happens , the new tax cuts mean

Person on £200,000 saves £4500

Person on £20,000 saves £218

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

"It's a 2 year gamble, before the next GE.

The problem is if it doesn't work. And global events, make that less of a certainty."

There won't be time for it to work....

The trickle down effect doesn't work..look at America.

If it doesn't work.. Labour will be left with the national debt..and I doubt it'll be as long as 2 years .

The labour voters who voted Tory voted Tory to get brexit done ( rightly or wrongly)and to keep Corbyn out, they'll surely return to voting labour ..(I think)..in next year's general election..

By *ionaScarletTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

The only silver lining is that when this fails - and it *will* fail - it might finally put the idea of supply side/trickle down economics to rest.

Also... just on a personal note - I worked from home all through the pandemic - no furlough or handouts. Me and others like me keeping the economy ticking over.

But nae tax cuts for us. Just a giant middle finger for the middle classes.

Thanks for fuck all Kwasi

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

NEWSFLASH ..... Krazy Twateng crashes what was left of economy

Newcastle and Gateshead

"NEWSFLASH ..... Krazy Twateng crashes what was left of economy "

I want to say something but it’s going to be jumped on by the likes of pat for “being racist” I just can’t!!! It’s so funny… I may just have to put it on black twitter instead!!!

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"The only silver lining is that when this fails - and it *will* fail - it might finally put the idea of supply side/trickle down economics to rest.

Also... just on a personal note - I worked from home all through the pandemic - no furlough or handouts. Me and others like me keeping the economy ticking over.

Thanks for fuck all Kwasi"

you benefit from the NI and 19p right ? It's just not as a tasty as if you earned a lot lot more, or (proportionally) helpful as if you earned less.

Dundee

"The only silver lining is that when this fails - and it *will* fail - it might finally put the idea of supply side/trickle down economics to rest.

Thanks for fuck all Kwasiyou benefit from the NI and 19p right ? It's just not as a tasty as if you earned a lot lot more, or (proportionally) helpful as if you earned less. "

It's the principle - not the benefit - which sticks in my craw.

I don't need it - which means the higher earners don't need it either.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Looks like the financial markets are now well spooked. A budget and even a mini budget is supposed to calm the markets - it’s done the exact opposite.

No surprise though when the ideology stems from a small think tank that has very little economic credibility outside of the Conservative Party.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The problem with tax cuts, is it introduces money into the economy. That has the affect of stimulating inflation, the one thing that the BoE is trying to negate.

Going to be a fine balancing act.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The problem with tax cuts, is it introduces money into the economy. That has the affect of stimulating inflation, the one thing that the BoE is trying to negate.

Going to be a fine balancing act."

Any tax cut at the bottom is going to swallowed by the higher interest rates that will need to happen to try and counter inflation….

"NEWSFLASH ..... Krazy Twateng crashes what was left of economy

I want to say something but it’s going to be jumped on by the likes of pat for “being racist” I just can’t!!! It’s so funny… I may just have to put it on black twitter instead!!! "

don't worry too much about Pat. He'll be too busy crying into his guiness over the fact that catholics now outnumber protestants in Norn Iron

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Just incredible. The measures for business are good. But the assumption that tax cuts at the top will trickle down is nonsense. All it will do is inflate the price of assets further. A far better move would have been to increase the tax free limit up to about £20k, helping those at the lower end who most need it. And believing that growth will come purely from consumer spending without investment I skills and infrastructure is crazy. A massive bet and they are hoping they can inflate their way out of the debt burden.

Dundee

"Looks like the financial markets are now well spooked. A budget and even a mini budget is supposed to calm the markets - it’s done the exact opposite.

No surprise though when the ideology stems from a small think tank that has very little economic credibility outside of the Conservative Party."

yup - watching my portfolio take a sharp nosedive here.

The economic incompetence of the Tories never fails to impress.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Looks like the financial markets are now well spooked. A budget and even a mini budget is supposed to calm the markets - it’s done the exact opposite.

No surprise though when the ideology stems from a small think tank that has very little economic credibility outside of the Conservative Party.

The economic incompetence of the Tories never fails to impress."

Economic incompetence?

Dundee

Economic incompetence?"

Ah... my apologies - you're right

Utter incompetence would be more apposite

golden fields

Economic incompetence?

Ah... my apologies - you're right

Utter incompetence would be more apposite"

I don't think it's that, they simply don't care about the effect their decisions have on ordinary people. They exist to serve their billionaire donors and supporters, and to get re-elected.

Whatever happens to us is inconsequential.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

And if I'm a banker (as I'd bet not many are going to rebase basics, just get more bonus)

The top rate was 45% on earnings over 150k… because this has now been abolished they on earnings between 50k and 150k… instead of paying 45% they will now pay 40%….

So those people basically got an 11.25% tax cut (45/40) on any earnings if you were paying the old 45% rate….

Now compare that to the 1% income tax rate cut for the lowest tax earners and the 1.25% national insurance

Because the threshold for tax and ni is now the same… instead of paying a combined 33.25% in tax and ni on earnings between 12500 and 50000, we will pay 31% in tax

So if you earned 150,000… you got a 750 pound tax cut at the bottom, and a 11250 tax cut at the top… minimum

12000 pounds…… I think they call it classic trickle down economics… the rich people spend more to support all us poor people!!!

P.s .. if you earn 25k per year… the tax cut gets you roughly and extra 250 pounds a year! Don’t spend it all at once now!!!!

"

Your first point appears to indicate people were paying 45% on earnings between £50k-£150k. Unless I am reading it wrongly?

They were of course paying 40% on that £100k and then 45% on anything above £150k which now also drops to 40%.

Brighton

Your first point appears to indicate people were paying 45% on earnings between £50k-£150k. Unless I am reading it wrongly?

They were of course paying 40% on that £100k and then 45% on anything above £150k which now also drops to 40%."

Also don’t forget to factor in that people earning between £100-125k also gradually lose their tax free allowance of £12,750.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I'm going to buck the trend of doom and gloom here and say this mini budget works for me, I can't be the only one it works for?

"I'm going to buck the trend of doom and gloom here and say this mini budget works for me, I can't be the only one it works for? "

Financially it works very well for me as well, but I am not only interested in myself

Terra Firma

"I'm going to buck the trend of doom and gloom here and say this mini budget works for me, I can't be the only one it works for?

Financially it works very well for me as well, but I am not only interested in myself "

You will be giving away your gains to the more needy

"I'm going to buck the trend of doom and gloom here and say this mini budget works for me, I can't be the only one it works for?

Financially it works very well for me as well, but I am not only interested in myself

You will be giving away your gains to the more needy "

I already give to several different charities, will you ?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I already give to several different charities, will you ? "

I too have realised how fortunate I am the last few months ... I think those of us who can absorb inflationary increases without worrying too much should reflect on this.

Terra Firma

Same as you

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

My only hope is that there are people much better qualified than I am and they know what they are doing in the government.

As due to being a mere peasant I can't see how or who this budget is going to help apart from some already well off donors.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"My only hope is that there are people much better qualified than I am and they know what they are doing in the government.

As due to being a mere peasant I can't see how or who this budget is going to help apart from some already well off donors. "

we are doomed Mr Mannering!

(Just remember, the ppl in HMG aren't qualified. And chosen by ppl who are "mere peasants").

golden fields

"My only hope is that there are people much better qualified than I am and they know what they are doing in the government.

As due to being a mere peasant I can't see how or who this budget is going to help apart from some already well off donors. "

No, I think you're bang on there.

The £pound versus the $dollar fell off a cliff after the "budget"!

Did he do something wrong per chance?

Newcastle and Gateshead

Treasury civil servants.. yep! Politicians… maybe not so much!!

The biggest tell maybe is that they didn’t let the OBR have all the figures to let them do an independent assessment of what it was cost and what it would do to borrowing and debt

They said they would let the OBR announce it all “by the end of the year “

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

I was expecting it to benefit the richest more than others but was totally shocked about the higher rate tax being scrapped. Apparently it used to be like that year's ago but hardly think this is the right time to go back to it.

Was listening to LBC Richard Fuller a junior treasury minister, was being interviewed by Tom Swarbrick about the mini budget.

He basically said that anybody who isn't an entrepreneur was a 'plodder'. So, we have just come through a pandemic that, highlighted the importance of the people that keep this country going. The kind of people that don't get paid fortunes but work hard so this country can stay functioning during a crisis like Covid.

This is what these people really think of us. Those that are not taking home hundreds of thousands a year.....we are 'plodders'...

They better hope the 'plodders' don't stamp all over them...

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Our society should not be reliant in the wealthy to make charitable donations. A progressive taxation system coupled with a clear plan for investment in skills and infrastructure is what we need.

I already give to several different charities, will you ?

Our society should not be reliant in the wealthy to make charitable donations. A progressive taxation system coupled with a clear plan for investment in skills and infrastructure is what we need. "

I agree, but we are no where near that right now

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"I was expecting it to benefit the richest more than others but was totally shocked about the higher rate tax being scrapped. Apparently it used to be like that year's ago but hardly think this is the right time to go back to it. "

The higher rate has been reduced by 5%

Sounds much better

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

"I was expecting it to benefit the richest more than others but was totally shocked about the higher rate tax being scrapped. Apparently it used to be like that year's ago but hardly think this is the right time to go back to it.

Sounds much better "

In fact the higher rate is now the same as it was during all of the last Labour government bar one month.

golden fields

"I was expecting it to benefit the richest more than others but was totally shocked about the higher rate tax being scrapped. Apparently it used to be like that year's ago but hardly think this is the right time to go back to it.

Sounds much better

In fact the higher rate is now the same as it was during all of the last Labour government bar one month.

"

Was the country in a triple crisis then of pandemic, brexit and war in Ukraine?

Are you saying either that this is a good policy for both Labour and Tories, or a bad policy for both parties. Or perhaps bad when Labour did it, but good when the Tories did!

golden fields

Sounds much better "

Yes exactly. Fuck the poor, tax breaks for the wealth.

Brighton

Sounds much better "

Pedantic I know but it was reduced by 5 percentage points, not 5%. If it was reduced by 5% the rate would now be 42.75%.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"Pedantic I know but it was reduced by 5 percentage points, not 5%. If it was reduced by 5% the rate would now be 42.75%."

Good point.

Accuracy seems to be very under-rated round here.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Sounds much better "

Not sure it does sound better and if we say it's reduced by 5p but lower rate is reduced by 1p it sounds worse (in my opinion)

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Sounds much better

Pedantic I know but it was reduced by 5 percentage points, not 5%. If it was reduced by 5% the rate would now be 42.75%."

Yes very true .. thank you

Reminds when they proposed the NI increase … there was a whole furore around %age and % point

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Was listening to LBC Richard Fuller a junior treasury minister, was being interviewed by Tom Swarbrick about the mini budget.

He basically said that anybody who isn't an entrepreneur was a 'plodder'. So, we have just come through a pandemic that, highlighted the importance of the people that keep this country going. The kind of people that don't get paid fortunes but work hard so this country can stay functioning during a crisis like Covid.

This is what these people really think of us. Those that are not taking home hundreds of thousands a year.....we are 'plodders'...

They better hope the 'plodders' don't stamp all over them..."

Thinking of that he want us to all become a nation of Del Trotters.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I'm going to buck the trend of doom and gloom here and say this mini budget works for me, I can't be the only one it works for? "

No, It just means that instead of the government taking my money, the banks, oil and gas, and any other dodgy git out there have.

Congratulations! We’ve been punk’d.

It works for me too, and it actually should work for most people in some way. And I can go and spend the gains on what I want to spend it on in the economy, rather than the government spending it on itself and its employees.

It works for me too, and it actually should work for most people in some way. And I can go and spend the gains on what I want to spend it on in the economy, rather than the government spending it on itself and its employees."

Unfortunately, this is the mindset of a fair amount of people in this country..'I'm OK, fuck everybody else'.

So sad to see what is happening to this country.

Terra Firma

It works for me too, and it actually should work for most people in some way. And I can go and spend the gains on what I want to spend it on in the economy, rather than the government spending it on itself and its employees.

Unfortunately, this is the mindset of a fair amount of people in this country..'I'm OK, fuck everybody else'.

So sad to see what is happening to this country."

Where on earth does it say "fuck everyone else"?

Gilfach

"I'm going to buck the trend of doom and gloom here and say this mini budget works for me, I can't be the only one it works for?"

"It works for me too, and it actually should work for most people in some way. And I can go and spend the gains on what I want to spend it on in the economy, rather than the government spending it on itself and its employees."

"Unfortunately, this is the mindset of a fair amount of people in this country..'I'm OK, fuck everybody else'.

Both of the posts you quote explicitly say 'it works for me, so it must be working for others'. If you see "I'm OK, fuck everybody else", then that's just in your own head.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

It works for me too, and it actually should work for most people in some way. And I can go and spend the gains on what I want to spend it on in the economy, rather than the government spending it on itself and its employees."

You could also invest in investments abroad..as some do..little economic gains for UK if one invests in property abroad..etc etc

golden fields

We're shifting to an more American mindset, Less focussed on what's best for society as a whole.

Both of the posts you quote explicitly say 'it works for me, so it must be working for others'. If you see "I'm OK, fuck everybody else", then that's just in your own head."

I'll go with the lived experience of those who are struggling to put food on the table rather than one guy who hopes it will be working for everybody. Ignorance is bliss for a lot of people...

By *otleyMan  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

It is typical tory approach make out they are helping everyone but the ones who benefit most are the ones who don't need it.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Both of the posts you quote explicitly say 'it works for me, so it must be working for others'. If you see "I'm OK, fuck everybody else", then that's just in your own head."

people are seeing "tax cuts don't come for free" and are anticipating that some will feel more.of the cost than others. Or even if the costs are equal, the benefits weren't. So nett, some will pay.

Terra Firma

Both of the posts you quote explicitly say 'it works for me, so it must be working for others'. If you see "I'm OK, fuck everybody else", then that's just in your own head.

I'll go with the lived experience of those who are struggling to put food on the table rather than one guy who hopes it will be working for everybody. Ignorance is bliss for a lot of people..."

Nowhere did it say fuck everyone else, you said that based on bias in your head.

Crazy....

I'll go with the lived experience of those who are struggling to put food on the table rather than one guy who hopes it will be working for everybody. Ignorance is bliss for a lot of people...

Nowhere did it say fuck everyone else, you said that based on bias in your head.

Crazy...."

But it's clearly not going to work for a hell of a lot of people...blind

Crazy

Terra Firma

Crazy....

But it's clearly not going to work for a hell of a lot of people...blind

Crazy"

It might not, but nobody said fuck everyone else, except you.

Nobody here has said they are not concerned for others, or think of others or even do things to support others. You took offence to comments that said the mini budget worked for them and got your response wrong.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

It would be nice to see people forgetting about party politics and just show compassion for their fellow citizens who are seriously struggling and this will do very little to alleviate their pain. It might reduce it by a tiny little bit but not enough to make much difference to their overall plight. There is definitely something unsavoury when someone mentions in the same breath relaxing the cap on bonuses and reducing the tax rate for the highest earners as tightening up the rules for universal credit. Unfortunately there is very little compassion around these days and some of those who came out to defend the budget made me switch the TV off as I could not stand their arrogance and I would not give a damn which party they belong to.

the percentage point gained from reducing the lower rate has already been swallowed up and then some by the tanking pound further fuelling hyperinflation.

Anyone interested in the ‘intellectual’ roots of this bullshit check out Ayn Rand. Hers is a proto-fascist ideology that rejects altruism…after the handouts for the rich there follows the cuts for the rest of us…and voted in by 80000 mostly white older men…levelling up hey? That’s democracy for you

Gilfach

"I'm going to buck the trend of doom and gloom here and say this mini budget works for me, I can't be the only one it works for?"

"It works for me too, and it actually should work for most people in some way. And I can go and spend the gains on what I want to spend it on in the economy, rather than the government spending it on itself and its employees."

"Unfortunately, this is the mindset of a fair amount of people in this country..'I'm OK, fuck everybody else'.

"Both of the posts you quote explicitly say 'it works for me, so it must be working for others'. If you see "I'm OK, fuck everybody else", then that's just in your own head."

"I'll go with the lived experience of those who are struggling to put food on the table rather than one guy who hopes it will be working for everybody."

Is that your lived experience of the people you quoted? Or did you just pick on them because they said something that was close to what you wanted to rant about?

It's not too late to apologise to them you know.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I'm applying for a job as a millionaire...great gig.

The poor are poor cause they are poor and it is their own fault.

Fact!!!

I'll go with the lived experience of those who are struggling to put food on the table rather than one guy who hopes it will be working for everybody.

Is that your lived experience of the people you quoted? Or did you just pick on them because they said something that was close to what you wanted to rant about?

It's not too late to apologise to them you know."

What are you actually talking about? You are aware of the huge cost of living crisis people are currently going through? Or do you just live in your own bubble??

I'll go with the lived experience of those who are struggling to put food on the table rather than one guy who hopes it will be working for everybody.

It's not too late to apologise to them you know."

As it stands, I earn a very good wage. I'll get a fair bit of tax back, possibly the sane for you. Difference seems to be, I care about those that are struggling, maybe you don't?

Terra Firma

As it stands, I earn a very good wage. I'll get a fair bit of tax back, possibly the sane for you. Difference seems to be, I care about those that are struggling, maybe you don't?"

There is no difference... you're making judgements based on nothing but what is in your head, nobody has said they don't care, I repeat nobody.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

As it stands, I earn a very good wage. I'll get a fair bit of tax back, possibly the sane for you. Difference seems to be, I care about those that are struggling, maybe you don't?

There is no difference... you're making judgements based on nothing but what is in your head, nobody has said they don't care, I repeat nobody."

let's flip the conversation.

Do you think the budget was as good for lower income as higher income ?

Do you see any groups losing out and being worse off?

There is no difference... you're making judgements based on nothing but what is in your head, nobody has said they don't care, I repeat nobody."

It's not 'in my head' it's reality for an awful lot of people. I'm sorry if it's hard to hear. We have to hope this gamble pays off. If it doesn't, the poorest will suffer even more. Just a little empathy goes a long way, that is all I'm saying.

Terra Firma

There is no difference... you're making judgements based on nothing but what is in your head, nobody has said they don't care, I repeat nobody.let's flip the conversation.

Do you see any groups losing out and being worse off?"

My comments here have little to do with the mini budget, but everything to do with the poster saying those that said the budget worked for them, are saying "fuck everybody else". That was not the case, she assumed it and it was wrong for her to do so. These types of responses go unchecked far too often, they bring the anger and argument where none existed, just to rant and virtue signal.

There is no difference... you're making judgements based on nothing but what is in your head, nobody has said they don't care, I repeat nobody.let's flip the conversation.

My comments here have little to do with the mini budget, but everything to do with the poster saying those that said the budget worked for them, are saying "fuck everybody else". That was not the case, she assumed it and it was wrong for her to do so. These types of responses go unchecked far too often, they bring the anger and argument where none existed, just to rant and virtue signal."

There we have it, thinking about other people is 'virtue signalling'.....Daily Mail doing it's job again...

Terra Firma

My comments here have little to do with the mini budget, but everything to do with the poster saying those that said the budget worked for them, are saying "fuck everybody else". That was not the case, she assumed it and it was wrong for her to do so. These types of responses go unchecked far too often, they bring the anger and argument where none existed, just to rant and virtue signal.

There we have it, thinking about other people is 'virtue signalling'.....Daily Mail doing it's job again..."

Replying that someone is saying "fuck everybody else" when they did not say that or mention it, is what?

Simply wrong or virtue signalling, take your pick.

There we have it, thinking about other people is 'virtue signalling'.....Daily Mail doing it's job again...

Replying that someone is saying "fuck everybody else" when they did not say that or mention it, is what?

"

I don't think you actually understand what the term means.

Also you didn't answer the question, who do you think the budget really benefits??

Also you didn't answer the question, who do you think the budget really benefits??"

You also seemed to have blocked me? Bit snowflakey innit

Terra Firma

Also you didn't answer the question, who do you think the budget really benefits??"

You have failed numerous times to recognise these posts are about your reaction further up the thread.

You have not acknowledged you overreacted and threw out a rant to something that was not said or meant. These posts are about that, nothing else.

It has also been said many times, it is understood there are people going to suffer in the current climate, that again is not in question. But please do keep avoiding the crux of the posts.

Also you didn't answer the question, who do you think the budget really benefits??

You have failed numerous times to recognise these posts are about your reaction further up the thread.

You have not acknowledged you overreacted and threw out a rant to something that was not said or meant. These posts are about that, nothing else.

It has also been said many times, it is understood there are people going to suffer in the current climate, that again is not in question. But please do keep avoiding the crux of the posts.

"

I'm glad you recognise other peoples suffering....progress

Terra Firma

I'm glad you recognise other peoples suffering....progress"

I only wish you could see my suffering with these posts, time out

I'm glad you recognise other peoples suffering....progress

I only wish you could see my suffering with these posts, time out "

The problem is, if this doesn't work, we will all ultimately suffer

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

My comments here have little to do with the mini budget, but everything to do with the poster saying those that said the budget worked for them, are saying "fuck everybody else". That was not the case, she assumed it and it was wrong for her to do so. These types of responses go unchecked far too often, they bring the anger and argument where none existed, just to rant and virtue signal."

I'm guessing they can't see how the budget isn't fucking over some people. So if someone says this is saying this is a good bugdet, then that is what the implication is.

Now, I agree it's not clear if the original posters were saying "it works for me, but sucks for others, and that's a bad thing overall" or "fuck the rest of ya" or "it works for everyone".

My sense was more the middle one. Or at least they haven't spent time considering if this was good for all. After all, most budgets are good for someone.

Could they have challenged better? Yes. Could you have had more empathy for their anger and challenged them better? Yes.

For the record. Good budget for my pocket in the short term. But imo it was a bad budget for many and a bad budget for us in the long term.

the fact that this budget has turbo-charged inflation clearly makes this the worst post war budget

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"As a person at the bottom end of the scale I suppose I should say thank you for the reversal in national insurance and the income tax cut in April….

But the amount she and kwasi have just given away to their rich friends is just eye watering!!!!"

I don't like her, I don't much care for him but as someone in the middle of the scale of all this I have absolutely no gripe with more economically successful individuals benefitting. Never understood this envy culture

Terra Firma

"the fact that this budget has turbo-charged inflation clearly makes this the worst post war budget "

You need to be fact checked on every post you make.

"the fact that this budget has turbo-charged inflation clearly makes this the worst post war budget

You need to be fact checked on every post you make. "

yes that's right, i only ever post facts

Terra Firma

"the fact that this budget has turbo-charged inflation clearly makes this the worst post war budget

You need to be fact checked on every post you make.

yes that's right, i only ever post facts "

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"As a person at the bottom end of the scale I suppose I should say thank you for the reversal in national insurance and the income tax cut in April….

But the amount she and kwasi have just given away to their rich friends is just eye watering!!!!

I don't like her, I don't much care for him but as someone in the middle of the scale of all this I have absolutely no gripe with more economically successful individuals benefitting. Never understood this envy culture "

I'm not sure of this is envy... I'm sure other will challenge you for saying someone has said something they haven't.

In my mind, if the countries balance sheet was healthy we could look at tax breaks that reward the "economically successful" ppl. Wouldn't be my first go to, but it's an option (and I say this as someone who benefits a lot from the budget)

But this budget looks reckless. It's rewarding the "successful" by putting debt and costs on the poorest. The fall on the pound since Feb have added £6 per tank of fuel. About £2 of that has been since the budget by my guess.

So it stops looking liem rewarding "success" but punishing those who haven't met this single measurement. The economically successful don't need extra reward. They are already financially healthy.

» Add a new message to this topic