FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Italy

Italy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It seems Italy are about to elect a far right nut job Ms Meloni backs Western sanctions on Russia and has toned down rhetoric on Europe.

But she still embraces an old slogan adopted by Benito Mussolini's fascists: "God, fatherland and family". She has also spoken out against the "LGBT lobby" and called for a naval blockade of Libya to halt migration.

Ciao x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Also backs blockades against immigration

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"It seems Italy are about to elect a far right nut job Ms Meloni backs Western sanctions on Russia and has toned down rhetoric on Europe.

But she still embraces an old slogan adopted by Benito Mussolini's fascists: "God, fatherland and family". She has also spoken out against the "LGBT lobby" and called for a naval blockade of Libya to halt migration.

Ciao x"

Good news on stopping dangerous illegal migration

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"It seems Italy are about to elect a far right nut job Ms Meloni backs Western sanctions on Russia and has toned down rhetoric on Europe.

Ciao x

Good news on stopping dangerous illegal migration "

Is the hate against the LGBT community tolerable for the hate pumped out towards immigrants?

Maldon

Ciao x

Good news on stopping dangerous illegal migration

Is the hate against the LGBT community tolerable for the hate pumped out towards immigrants?"

Hate?

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Italy goes far right again, so who’s the new Il Duce?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It will be a coalition Govt so unstable and short lived.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Newquay

"It will be a coalition Govt so unstable and short lived. "

As are most in Italy it seems,

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Another EU country having a fair and free election. The people have made their democratic choice.

The EU has already said it will step in and save democracy by taking whatever steps are necessary to ignore what the Italian electorate votes for.

Nothing to worry about.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Another EU country having a fair and free election. The people have made their democratic choice. "

exactly this

it's thier country and thier election

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Another Country has turned to the right in Europe. I wonder which country is next?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Another Country has turned to the right in Europe. I wonder which country is next?

"

I suspect there will be a few more as they are all suffering from unbridled immigration of unskilled people they don’t want.

"Another EU country having a fair and free election. The people have made their democratic choice.

exactly this

it's thier country and thier election

"

Of course it is and their right to sovereignty is not being questioned. It’s worrying that an electorate has elected an extremist party, in my view.

Maldon

Ciao x"

Is there an ‘LGBT lobby’? What do they lobby for?

Cracking down (stopping) illegal migration is surely a good thing.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Another Country has turned to the right in Europe. I wonder which country is next?

"

Yes Europe does seem to be moving to the right and I'm sure another will soon follow Italy.

However instead of moaning and bitching about it the left should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves WHY?

Maldon

Yes Europe does seem to be moving to the right and I'm sure another will soon follow Italy.

However instead of moaning and bitching about it the left should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves WHY?"

Or blame the Daily Mail?

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the italian economy will shortly be falling off a cliff as well as ours then

golden fields

However instead of moaning and bitching about it the left should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves WHY?"

We know why. It's not a mystery.

The right wing represents the interests of the corporate backers and billionaires who donate to their political parties. They have all the money for campaigning, and have the support of the vast majority of the press.

Blaming immigrants for all the problems, is just to divide and conquer the population, and to gain votes from fear of foreigners "coming over 'ere".

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

However instead of moaning and bitching about it the left should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves WHY?

The right wing represents the interests of the corporate backers and billionaires who donate to their political parties. They have all the money for campaigning, and have the support of the vast majority of the press.

Blaming immigrants for all the problems, is just to divide and conquer the population, and to gain votes from fear of foreigners "coming over 'ere". "

As expected, the usual "not my fault guv" and blame everyone else.

There's non so blind as them that cannot see.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Nothing to do with all the uninvited folk landing on their coast then or the appalling cost of living under their current government?

Blaming immigrants for all the problems, is just to divide and conquer the population, and to gain votes from fear of foreigners "coming over 'ere". "

One would think, given that the Left is clearly so very clever, that they'd have worked out how to persuade the dimwit electorate how to vote for them by now.

golden fields

Blaming immigrants for all the problems, is just to divide and conquer the population, and to gain votes from fear of foreigners "coming over 'ere".

As expected, the usual "not my fault guv" and blame everyone else.

There's non so blind as them that cannot see."

Why is this blaming everyone else? This is why the right wing parties are in power.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Well at least it's a woman that's been elected

Very progressive lol

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

What defines them as far right?

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Italian governments are not famous for lasting a long time so may not be around for long though of course it's not impossible they stay the course. I think they use PR system or some form of it. Might be a mix of FPTP and PR. Not sure what the EU means by they have tools to deal with them.

"What defines them as far right? "
Her supposition that Mussolini was misunderstood and his mantra of God Country and Family was a reasonable one to follow?

» Add a new message to this topic