FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Corbyn back in the fold?

Corbyn back in the fold?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Watching Sky News and a couple of party members were asked if Corbyn should be allowed back into the party and, if labour won the next election, should he serve in cabinet? The party members said "yes" and "he has a lot to offer". Big mistake in my opinion and one reason why I'm struggling to vote for SKS

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

His re-admission has already been voted down by Conference.

nr faversham

"His re-admission has already been voted down by Conference."

Must've missed that

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"His re-admission has already been voted down by Conference.

Must've missed that"

And see how quick you were to draw unfounded conclusions...

“Big mistake in my opinion and one reason why I'm struggling to vote for SKS”

SKS is not perfect. There will never be any politician who ticks all your/my boxes (except the fantasy one in our heads that doesn’t exist) so what matters is whether the majority of the things they stand for align with principles and values and whether those that don’t can be tolerated due to the others being ok?

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Must've missed that

SKS is not perfect. There will never be any politician who ticks all your/my boxes (except the fantasy one in our heads that doesn’t exist) so what matters is whether the majority of the things they stand for align with principles and values and whether those that don’t can be tolerated due to the others being ok?"

Listened to an interesting podcast with him by Nick Robinson yesterday and although I still have a couple of reservations about JC he certainly comes across as a lot more interesting and thoughtful than the right wing press ever allowed - made me realise how scared the establishment really are of him

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Must've missed that

SKS is not perfect. There will never be any politician who ticks all your/my boxes (except the fantasy one in our heads that doesn’t exist) so what matters is whether the majority of the things they stand for align with principles and values and whether those that don’t can be tolerated due to the others being ok?

Listened to an interesting podcast with him by Nick Robinson yesterday and although I still have a couple of reservations about JC he certainly comes across as a lot more interesting and thoughtful than the right wing press ever allowed - made me realise how scared the establishment really are of him"

I don't think he was ever the monster portrayed in the media. If was more media savvy and ruthless like Boris he may have been able to succeed in getting somewhere.

But you can't win taking on the media, establishment and powerful corporate world head on all at once.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Must've missed that

Listened to an interesting podcast with him by Nick Robinson yesterday and although I still have a couple of reservations about JC he certainly comes across as a lot more interesting and thoughtful than the right wing press ever allowed - made me realise how scared the establishment really are of him

I don't think he was ever the monster portrayed in the media. If was more media savvy and ruthless like Boris he may have been able to succeed in getting somewhere.

But you can't win taking on the media, establishment and powerful corporate world head on all at once."

That’s the big challenge. Apart from using social media to portray the real you/them, we joe public only get to see the filtered version that is curated by each media outlet to reflect their agenda.

I didn’t like Corbyn but would find it hard to honestly articulate why. Without doubt my views (and those of friends and family) have been influenced by the media. Whenever I heard Corbyn speak on live TV he seemed to make a lot of sense on many issues. However, where he let himself down, IMHO, was a lack of decisiveness on issues like Brexit. He tried to play to both sides as opposed to taking a side.

Similarly from what I know (not enough clearly) he didn’t properly/decisively tackle anti-semitic activity in the Labour party and was viewed as a Palestinian terrorist sympathiser feeding the anti-semite issues. He may well have done this but I do not recall, but he should have stated that it is ok to be anti-Israeli government policy without that also making you anti-Jewish religion!

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Must've missed that

But you can't win taking on the media, establishment and powerful corporate world head on all at once.

That’s the big challenge. Apart from using social media to portray the real you/them, we joe public only get to see the filtered version that is curated by each media outlet to reflect their agenda.

I didn’t like Corbyn but would find it hard to honestly articulate why. Without doubt my views (and those of friends and family) have been influenced by the media. Whenever I heard Corbyn speak on live TV he seemed to make a lot of sense on many issues. However, where he let himself down, IMHO, was a lack of decisiveness on issues like Brexit. He tried to play to both sides as opposed to taking a side.

Similarly from what I know (not enough clearly) he didn’t properly/decisively tackle anti-semitic activity in the Labour party and was viewed as a Palestinian terrorist sympathiser feeding the anti-semite issues. He may well have done this but I do not recall, but he should have stated that it is ok to be anti-Israeli government policy without that also making you anti-Jewish religion!"

I saw Corbyn as an activist not a future PM. He was too far left for me and pretty much everyone else who didn't want to chance seeing the UK travel back in time.

All my opinions, but I would have a little wager I'm not alone in my opinions of him.

Must've missed that

Similarly from what I know (not enough clearly) he didn’t properly/decisively tackle anti-semitic activity in the Labour party and was viewed as a Palestinian terrorist sympathiser feeding the anti-semite issues. He may well have done this but I do not recall, but he should have stated that it is ok to be anti-Israeli government policy without that also making you anti-Jewish religion!

I saw Corbyn as an activist not a future PM. He was too far left for me and pretty much everyone else who didn't want to chance seeing the UK travel back in time.

All my opinions, but I would have a little wager I'm not alone in my opinions of him."

Which of Corbyn's policies were far too left for you? Just curious.

Must've missed that

Similarly from what I know (not enough clearly) he didn’t properly/decisively tackle anti-semitic activity in the Labour party and was viewed as a Palestinian terrorist sympathiser feeding the anti-semite issues. He may well have done this but I do not recall, but he should have stated that it is ok to be anti-Israeli government policy without that also making you anti-Jewish religion!"

Which is what I meant by not being ruthless enough. He was trying to please everyone in the party and keep it together. Whatever he may have been doing behind the scenes, the media wanted him to slay into one side or the other. They wanted blood.

He was too honest and said what he thought and believed. When, what was needed to succeed is lie be 2 faced until you get what you achieve. This has been proved by the last 2 incumbents of number 10.

nr faversham

Must've missed that

SKS is not perfect. There will never be any politician who ticks all your/my boxes (except the fantasy one in our heads that doesn’t exist) so what matters is whether the majority of the things they stand for align with principles and values and whether those that don’t can be tolerated due to the others being ok?"

What unfounded conclusions have I reached that you know of?

Corbyn will not be allowed to get in the way of Starmer's ambition. He's sensible, vaguely boring and has a ruthless streak.

nr faversham

"Corbyn will not be allowed to get in the way of Starmer's ambition. He's sensible, vaguely boring and has a ruthless streak."

Corbyn was only put on the ballot paper to appease the far left and look what happened. That's what worries me

nr faversham

"Corbyn will not be allowed to get in the way of Starmer's ambition. He's sensible, vaguely boring and has a ruthless streak.

Corbyn was only put on the ballot paper to appease the far left and look what happened. That's what worries me "

None of the usual voices commenting on this??

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

Must've missed that

All my opinions, but I would have a little wager I'm not alone in my opinions of him.

Which of Corbyn's policies were far too left for you? Just curious."

I see this question has gone unanswered so far...shame.

» Add a new message to this topic