FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Not Sabotaged, but..

Not Sabotaged, but..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

Fishing vessel trawling, not sabotage, to blame for Shetland Island submarine cable cut.

Damage to a submarine cable which cut connectivity Thursday to the remote Shetland Islands north of Scotland is believed to have been accidentally caused by a fishing vessel and not sabotage.

Police Scotland stated that the SHEFA-2 communications link between the Faroe Islands, Shetland, and Scotland, was cut in the early hours of Thursday morning, leaving the subarctic archipelago’s 22,000 people without internet connectivity. Another cable had similarly been damaged earlier this week.

In the context of the Russian war in Ukraine — and following sabotage to the Nord Stream pipeline and damage to the Svalbard submarine cable in January — there were immediate concerns that the disruption could have been purposeful.

Although this one is unlikely non deliberate, it does prove who easy it is to but a country back 200 years by simply snipping undersea Data and Communication cables.

Did I forget to mention, the Russian Navy were floating over the EUs Interconnected data cables in September and that our Navy have been chasing Russians away from ours for years.

Hope the data servers for this site are UK based, otherwise its "404 - Page Cannot Be Displayed".

We already know most government sites and traffic are offshore, if I remember correctly in Amazon's Cloud..

Get your Dominos and Playing Cards ready as you might not be surfing the Web to kill time during blackouts!!

I'd contact my mate Elon to get us all Starlink terminals but wouldn't like to be accused of cashing in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

More probably french fisherman or the shetlanders themselves trying to cut themselves off from the mainland.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Evidently the media aren't making clear that comms satellites are also a thing...

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

[Removed by poster at 21/10/22 16:27:08]

all around

There's definitely a trend

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Evidently the media aren't making clear that comms satellites are also a thing..."
as are direct microwave links which are the hardest to break

Longridge

"Evidently the media aren't making clear that comms satellites are also a thing..."

You meanning that they can be shot out by the ground based missles China and Russia have been developing for years or from other Satellites with the sole purpose to destroy others up there?

There is also jamming..

all around

"Evidently the media aren't making clear that comms satellites are also a thing...

You meanning that they can be shot out by the ground based missles China and Russia have been developing for years or from other Satellites with the sole purpose to destroy others up there?

There is also jamming.."

Don't forget about the new russian satellites they launched which can screen out the sun and block solar panels. Apparently its going to be dark in London on Christmas day.

They also have been diverting the Jetstream so the wind doesn't blow at night and it's designed to create a polar vortex over the UK which will freeze propane

Longridge

Let's just hope they leave Astra alone, be a little pissed at loosing FreeSat.

Although, upsetting Murdoch might me Putin's worst mistake..

all around

"Let's just hope they leave Astra alone, be a little pissed at loosing FreeSat.

Although, upsetting Murdoch might me Putin's worst mistake.."

I doubt Putin would stop Murdoch giving you your daily feed of scaremongering bullshit to pass on, it would be counterproductive. He thrives on your fear

Longridge

You love it..

all around

"You love it.."

It sure is funnier than Comedy Central, you couldn't make it up ... Oh .. wait

You DID lol

Jasper Carrot would be proud lol

Longridge

Are you jealous or is it anxiety.

Just strange why you continue trolling my posts..

» Add a new message to this topic