FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > British gas

British gas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *estival OP   Man  over a year ago

borehamwood

Anyone else having problems getting there 66 pound from them? Can never get through on phone and there live chat agents are worse than useless

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *littlteBitMoreWoman  over a year ago

Scotland

My supplier just emailed me telling me about it, apparently I don't need to do anything as its applied automatically.

borehamwood

"My supplier just emailed me telling me about it, apparently I don't need to do anything as its applied automatically. "
im pay as you go key meters so waiting for a voucher, went on there site yesterday and seems its people like me who havent recived yet and also there pay as you go smart meter customers lots of complaints from them that credit hasnt been added to meters, i was told mine was posted on the 10th but reading some of the comments lots of us were told same thing

By *littlteBitMoreWoman  over a year ago

Scotland

"My supplier just emailed me telling me about it, apparently I don't need to do anything as its applied automatically. im pay as you go key meters so waiting for a voucher, went on there site yesterday and seems its people like me who havent recived yet and also there pay as you go smart meter customers lots of complaints from them that credit hasnt been added to meters, i was told mine was posted on the 10th but reading some of the comments lots of us were told same thing"

That's rubbish, they will have a lot to sort but not like they didn't know it was happening huh. Hope you get sorted

borehamwood

"My supplier just emailed me telling me about it, apparently I don't need to do anything as its applied automatically. im pay as you go key meters so waiting for a voucher, went on there site yesterday and seems its people like me who havent recived yet and also there pay as you go smart meter customers lots of complaints from them that credit hasnt been added to meters, i was told mine was posted on the 10th but reading some of the comments lots of us were told same thing

That's rubbish, they will have a lot to sort but not like they didn't know it was happening huh. Hope you get sorted "

not holding my breath nxt one due 17 november dont reakon octobers would be here by then

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Anyone else having problems getting there 66 pound from them? Can never get through on phone and there live chat agents are worse than useless "

EDF have paid it directly into the bank. I was on the understanding it was to be paid directly into the energy account to prevent it bring spent on beer and ciggies?

Then could be pulled down as over credits if the account was in credit.

A friend on pre-pay had theirs onto only the electricity meter, contacted provider who have now split it over both gas and electricity.

borehamwood

"Anyone else having problems getting there 66 pound from them? Can never get through on phone and there live chat agents are worse than useless

EDF have paid it directly into the bank. I was on the understanding it was to be paid directly into the energy account to prevent it bring spent on beer and ciggies?

Then could be pulled down as over credits if the account was in credit.

A friend on pre-pay had theirs onto only the electricity meter, contacted provider who have now split it over both gas and electricity."

on a pay as you go key meter supposed to send vouchers out to take to post office to get key charged, like i said on bg site most of complaints are from those on payg key or smart meters, me thinks bg are holding it as long as possible in there own bank account, must be a nice bit of intrest building up if they holding onto loads of peoples money, was sposed to have arrived on 17th

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I’m EDF here and mine was auto paid into my bank account in the 13th

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Debatable whose money it is anyway.

In reality, the government are giving it to their mates in the energy industry but in your name to make you feel like you are actually getting something.

borehamwood

"Debatable whose money it is anyway.

In reality, the government are giving it to their mates in the energy industry but in your name to make you feel like you are actually getting something."

if i actually got it i might feel like ive gotten something lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No we had our first voucher by post over 2 weeks ago.

We are with British gas and I've just checked the letter and ours was posted on the 10th and we probably received it about 2 days later.

borehamwood

"No we had our first voucher by post over 2 weeks ago. "
been onto them a few times there agents are worse than useless, got told ten day ago its already been sent out and still no sign of it

borehamwood

"We are with British gas and I've just checked the letter and ours was posted on the 10th and we probably received it about 2 days later. "
yep i got told the 10th now the 28th there facebook page is full of people on payg meters complaing they havent git there lot of people complaining also they have taken the voucher to post office but the barcode not being recognised, and there customer service is crap

borehamwood

Updat.. Just been on phone to them again which is a arseache in itself getting through to them, now telling me it was sent on the 18th so a day after i should of recived it and 8 days after the original date they said it was sent on, hopefully i might get it before novembers one is due, has slung 30 quid on the meter in the last two weeks already, oh well looks like i will be keeping the lights off and everything else apart from the tv and fridge freezer

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Updat.. Just been on phone to them again which is a arseache in itself getting through to them, now telling me it was sent on the 18th so a day after i should of recived it and 8 days after the original date they said it was sent on, hopefully i might get it before novembers one is due, has slung 30 quid on the meter in the last two weeks already, oh well looks like i will be keeping the lights off and everything else apart from the tv and fridge freezer"

Turn on the lights and turn off the TV, you'll feel better lol

Seriously have you switched all your lights to LED ? Including any outside lights ?

Our bill for this year won't be too much more than last because I checked everything.

Game consoles, computers and even smart TVs can wake up evey night and start doing updates and it all adds up pretty quick.

By *olf and RedCouple  over a year ago

Nr Cardiff or at Chams Darlaston

If you’re struggling with the costs look at the British Gas Energy Trust too, they might be able to provide extra help.

Red

borehamwood

"If you’re struggling with the costs look at the British Gas Energy Trust too, they might be able to provide extra help.

Red

"

ive given up with british gas im now gona be moving to another supplier, near on impossible to get through on the fone, dont reply to e mails and the people on there live chat are either reading from a script or lying,now 19 days since they said the voucher was posted and there excuse is always the blame lies with royal mail

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Octopus Energy have to be one of the most professional companies that I've dealt with.

Sacked British Gas off years ago. Their complacency was staggering.

borehamwood

And still no voucher for electric oh well hopefully they will send novembers

"And still no voucher for electric oh well hopefully they will send novembers"

We received an email from British gas saying our November one will be sent on the 10th.

borehamwood

"And still no voucher for electric oh well hopefully they will send novembers

We received an email from British gas saying our November one will be sent on the 10th. "

saw something on tv today saying half the vouchers issued aint been cashed lol yea thats because lots of people havent had them to cash

borehamwood

We received an email from British gas saying our November one will be sent on the 10th. "

you on payg key or smart meter if u dont mind me asking

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

We received an email from British gas saying our November one will be sent on the 10th. saw something on tv today saying half the vouchers issued aint been cashed lol yea thats because lots of people havent had them to cash "

Don't want to cause unnecessary worry but on the drive home they were discussing this on the radio, apparently the vouchers have an expiry date

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

We received an email from British gas saying our November one will be sent on the 10th. saw something on tv today saying half the vouchers issued aint been cashed lol yea thats because lots of people havent had them to cash

Don't want to cause unnecessary worry but on the drive home they were discussing this on the radio, apparently the vouchers have an expiry date "

They have a 90 day validation period.

borehamwood

And still no sign of octobers payment lol wonder if i will see novembers

"And still no sign of octobers payment lol wonder if i will see novembers"

We have November's, it arrived today. We are on the vulnerable customer list so not sure if that makes a difference.

We received an email from British gas saying our November one will be sent on the 10th. you on payg key or smart meter if u dont mind me asking"

Payg

» Add a new message to this topic