FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Maskirovka - A little title tit for tat ob the Gas pipes?

Maskirovka - A little title tit for tat ob the Gas pipes?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

Russian military deception, sometimes known as maskirovka, is a military doctrine developed from the start of the 20th century. The doctrine covers a broad range of measures for military deception, from camouflage to denial and deception.

So, let's blame the Royal Navy for damaging our undersea infrastructure- the NORDSTREAM pipes - and in retaliation, we'll destroy Gas pipes and power cables from Europe to the UK.

Kinda makes sense why you'd blame us now.

https://youtu.be/rDJQFilh-qw

UK Energy Mix is very strange tonight, seems they are either running Gas electricity production right down to test the system or they are struggling for Gas.

We're importing a lot of electricity from the EU, exporting a little to France to keep their lights on but everything else here, Nuclear, Hydro, Biomass is running at high capacity.

Are they running Gas generation down to store it, are they testing the system or is Gas supply short?

Just does not make sense, Gas consumption so low and imports being so high.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"Russian military deception, sometimes known as maskirovka, is a military doctrine developed from the start of the 20th century. The doctrine covers a broad range of measures for military deception, from camouflage to denial and deception.

So, let's blame the Royal Navy for damaging our undersea infrastructure- the NORDSTREAM pipes ..."

A couple of days ago you were saying that it definitely was the Royal Navy, and that the proof was about to come out. I've not been following the news this week, did that get mentioned?

"UK Energy Mix is very strange tonight, seems they are either running Gas electricity production right down to test the system or they are struggling for Gas."

They must be testing the system as Europe has more gas available than it can handle, after the recent mild spell.

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Russian military deception, sometimes known as maskirovka, is a military doctrine developed from the start of the 20th century. The doctrine covers a broad range of measures for military deception, from camouflage to denial and deception.

So, let's blame the Royal Navy for damaging our undersea infrastructure- the NORDSTREAM pipes - and in retaliation, we'll destroy Gas pipes and power cables from Europe to the UK.

UK Energy Mix is very strange tonight, seems they are either running Gas electricity production right down to test the system or they are struggling for Gas.

We're importing a lot of electricity from the EU, exporting a little to France to keep their lights on but everything else here, Nuclear, Hydro, Biomass is running at high capacity.

Are they running Gas generation down to store it, are they testing the system or is Gas supply short?

"

Shipping positions (see Marine Traffic) show there are loads of big LPG tankers in the area of the UK.

We are apparently waiting for the right time to bring it ashore; just like the Europeans. By making the ships wait they are forcing down the cost of LPG as the gas owners are paying for the ships to be idle.

Interestingly, Russia is selling its gas and oil cheap to India and China who are then exporting it around the globe at increased prices. I believe we do not take Russian sourced oil etc.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Shipping positions (see Marine Traffic) show there are loads of big LPG tankers in the area of the UK.

We are apparently waiting for the right time to bring it ashore; just like the Europeans. By making the ships wait they are forcing down the cost of LPG as the gas owners are paying for the ships to be idle.

Interestingly, Russia is selling its gas and oil cheap to India and China who are then exporting it around the globe at increased prices. I believe we do not take Russian sourced oil etc."

Ah India. The country Sunak is so keen to get cracking on a Free Trade Agreement with! Wonder what personal gains that will mean for him and his family?

Longridge

By Crikey!!

Why is it everytime I put up a post or reply, it comes back looking like my daughters homework after marking?

Obviously Northern Humour gets lost in translation. Maybe suggest a few visits to a Manchester Comedy Club and people will stop tripping over the sarcasm!!

Longridge

Maskirovka - we're being lined up for some kind of revenge for an action we had nothing to do with.

International Miscarriage of Justice in a Kremlin Kangaroo Court for the assistance we're giving to Ukrain.

It seems the British Navy is also accused of training, being present and supplying technical assistance to the Drone strikes on the Black Sea Fleet this week - whether its true, but do bear in mind Truss's phone was compromised at the time.

"It's Done" can be applied to any conspiracy that is chosen for it to be put against.

I'm aware of LNG shipping but never seen UK Gas consumption for electricity fall to 16%, even when Wind is at 65% as at that point the UK is exporting, not importing a large amount of electricity from abroad - especially from Norway who are supposedly conserving Hydro for Winter.

Those ships will leave us with less than 14 days stored supply if Rough is finally open in its limited state. The rest that we can't burn or store will end up in Europe. I suggested it was strange data.

So, if Russia does decide to false flag NORD STREAM as a precursor to disconnecting our secondary source of Winter fuel, Langeled - how long to repair it? And will they stretch ot to other pipelines, power and data cables?

Seems the plan in Ukraine is significant Winter power loss for maximum suffering, what's the plan for us?

More Fairies in the North Sea?

I assume we know what real Fairies are reference to?

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"By Crikey!!

Why is it everytime I put up a post or reply, it comes back looking like my daughters homework after marking?

Obviously Northern Humour gets lost in translation. Maybe suggest a few visits to a Manchester Comedy Club and people will stop tripping over the sarcasm!!"

Usually posts get "marked" because they are riddled with inaccuracies.

Sometimes a person thinks something is funny but others just think it's ridiculous.

Unfortunately you seem to have a history of posting daily mail type sensationalised and scaremongering "information".

Personally I do get a good laugh out of your sarcastic posts about your adventures in power generation and all the crap nobody would really do lol

Longridge

Did we watch the video - probably not..

Electricity better be reliable now signed up 2 regular drivers, soon to be 3 to charge their EVs on my drive each week. Second charger booked for installation in three weeks as had many enquiries. 10p profit on every juicy kwh pushed through the meter, 30p on every Solar provided kwh, sure beats the 6p SEG Rates.

EVs with low batteries are my favourite as they pull charge rate quicker @70p per hour/per charger profit on Grid supplied.

Not sure who actually posts the most inaccuracies, price rises were spot on, suggesting rationing over the last 6 months was also scorned and laughed at, even suggesting Russia would invade Ukrain.

Although it is yet to happen, it's very much looking that way, just how long and how often is now the question that only time will tell.

And, we should never underestimate Putin's 'accidents' or meddling.

all around

"Did we watch the video - probably not..

Electricity better be reliable now signed up 2 regular drivers, soon to be 3 to charge their EVs on my drive each week. Second charger booked for installation in three weeks as had many enquiries. 10p profit on every juicy kwh pushed through the meter, 30p on every Solar provided kwh, sure beats the 6p SEG Rates.

EVs with low batteries are my favourite as they pull charge rate quicker @70p per hour/per charger profit on Grid supplied.

Not sure who actually posts the most inaccuracies, price rises were spot on, suggesting rationing over the last 6 months was also scorned and laughed at, even suggesting Russia would invade Ukrain.

Although it is yet to happen, it's very much looking that way, just how long and how often is now the question that only time will tell.

And, we should never underestimate Putin's 'accidents' or meddling.

"

Still waiting on tariff details but it is quite funny lol

Longridge

Not sure where the idea Europe is drowning in Gas comes from.

France has been giving Gas to Germany for the last week or more, although it might be mild, but electricity still needs to be produced and industry needs to be powered.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1689343/British-gas-warning-energy-crisis-uk-storage-rough-facility-site-supplies-blackouts

"This is abysmally low compared to the 89 days of supplies held in Germany and 103 days in France. To combat the Europe-wide fossil fuel energy crisis, Centrica, the parent company to the energy supplier, announced on Friday that it had reopened the gas site called Rough, in the North Sea, with 20 percent of its previous capacity."

So, they've reopened Rough with 80% capacity - missing!!

Not much from those ships will be staying here in our storage.

all around

"Not sure where the idea Europe is drowning in Gas comes from.

France has been giving Gas to Germany for the last week or more, although it might be mild, but electricity still needs to be produced and industry needs to be powered.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1689343/British-gas-warning-energy-crisis-uk-storage-rough-facility-site-supplies-blackouts

"This is abysmally low compared to the 89 days of supplies held in Germany and 103 days in France. To combat the Europe-wide fossil fuel energy crisis, Centrica, the parent company to the energy supplier, announced on Friday that it had reopened the gas site called Rough, in the North Sea, with 20 percent of its previous capacity."

So, they've reopened Rough with 80% capacity - missing!!

Not much from those ships will be staying here in our storage."

Most of us realise that the garbage in the express and the likes are more about providing click bait targets to those with too much time on their hands than factual reporting.

Most people are aware that there's issues with energy and most sane people aren't going to worry too much about the electric being off for a few hours.

Some light reading you might want to check out are the regulations for resale of electricity in the uk before your fantasies get the better of you.

Longridge

EV charging is not covered by resale of electricity.

"Community charging" is actively encouraged to allow those without access to chargers the ability to charge cars while at home or at work. Although for obvious reasons I wouldn't let anyone here use them.

Now its been mentioned, after a quick search, it looks like the second charger might attract a government grant towards the installation. I see other charger installations at rented properties attracting 75% towards the cost and with three tennants driving EVs, I think charging services there would be beneficial too.

I am not reselling electricity, it is providing a service of EV charging which consumes electricity, same as any other business that uses energy to provide. There are 100s of home EV chargers available to rent on driveway rental websites.

I wasn't going to apply to the NationalGrid scheme of being paid to deload at peak times, but think I will be.

By offering bonus "Happy Hours" to encourage them to stay on charge until 7pm, it will lift average consumption at peak times. Then when NationalGrid offer £10 for every unloaded kwh, switch off the chargers remotely and pocket £140 for every hour they're off charge.

Going to be a bumper Christmas here and New Year here..

Longridge

Then the other option..

Rent the space for £2.50 per hour with FREE access to a charger while parked.

Next I'll be told I can't rent out my driveway.

More than one way to skin a cat!!

Longridge

Seems The Express did their research. I really need to stop reading fake news.

Centrica owns and operates Rough:

So straight from the horses mouth:-

"The work done so far means that Rough is operating at around 20% of its previous capacity this winter, immediately making it the UK’s largest gas storage site once again and adding 50% to the UK’s gas storage volume. Rough will help to balance the UK’s gas market, injecting gas into the facility when prices are low and putting that gas back into the UK’s gas network when demand is higher."

https://www.centrica.com/media-centre/news/2022/centrica-re-opens-rough-storage-facility/

-----'

This bit is in bad taste considering Kami-Kwasi was the one responsible in 2017 for its demise.

"The reopening of the Rough gas storage facility ahead of the winter will further strengthen the UK’s energy resilience"

The UK has diverse gas supplies with connections with Norway and other European countries and a number of LNG import terminals. However, it still has some of the lowest levels of gas storage in Europe at 9 days, compared to Germany at 89 days, France at 103 days and the Netherlands at 123 days. The flexibility in Rough allows cheaper gas to be stored ready for winter, helping to reduce or stabilise costs for UK energy consumers.

all around

"Seems The Express did their research. I really need to stop reading fake news.

Centrica owns and operates Rough:

So straight from the horses mouth:-

"The work done so far means that Rough is operating at around 20% of its previous capacity this winter, immediately making it the UK’s largest gas storage site once again and adding 50% to the UK’s gas storage volume. Rough will help to balance the UK’s gas market, injecting gas into the facility when prices are low and putting that gas back into the UK’s gas network when demand is higher."

https://www.centrica.com/media-centre/news/2022/centrica-re-opens-rough-storage-facility/

-----'

This bit is in bad taste considering Kami-Kwasi was the one responsible in 2017 for its demise.

"The reopening of the Rough gas storage facility ahead of the winter will further strengthen the UK’s energy resilience"

The UK has diverse gas supplies with connections with Norway and other European countries and a number of LNG import terminals. However, it still has some of the lowest levels of gas storage in Europe at 9 days, compared to Germany at 89 days, France at 103 days and the Netherlands at 123 days. The flexibility in Rough allows cheaper gas to be stored ready for winter, helping to reduce or stabilise costs for UK energy consumers."

Of course we could all claim to make millions from renting our driveway, or selling gas heaters or any number of business dealings, making claims on a forum are easy especially when it's such an anonymous place but the facts are usually easy to check by using the green arrow and Cross referencing.

I'd guess what's going on with gas storage in the UK, Centrica are trying to get subsidies and as usual it helps getting the barmy army of media sheep onboard with carefully scripted press releases which aren't checked by the sensation seeking editors. Maybe it's true maybe it's not like a lot of other turkeys stories lol

seriously though, maybe you should spend your abundance of spare time giving your ideas to an audience that can use the expert opinions to save the country, it's unlikely there's to many on fab in such a position.

Centrica have a "contact me" on their website I believe.

all around

Still waiting on the tariff details by the way, particularly the daytime ev tariff..

Supplier and tariff name will do

Longridge

You'll be waiting a long time!!

It's irrelevant. If you read previous posts before ripping into them, you'd be fully aware of what I pay for gas and electricity. 450kwh per week in a few weeks time, slight increase from the usual 2kwh - I should get bulk discount.

Thanks for the suggestion of per hour parking btw. EVs charge rate slow down above 90%, considerably more above 95%. So by charging by time connected, not kwh used - its a moor beneficial.

Most billionaires are fantasists. It gives them an outlook on life 9 to 5'ers don't see. I'm not called a Mover & Shaker for no reason.

See a niche, fill it and fill your boots at the same time. It's worked for me for 30 years without having to answer to anyone else.

You seem to have a recurring problem with gas heaters? B&Q and many other outlets sell them, are they also low-life for providing a solution to a problem?

On that understanding, insurance companies should be banned, boiler cover should be banned, the RAC and AA should be banned as they all seem to be profiteering from fear of something going wrong.

Capitalism - it should be banned too!!

all around

"You'll be waiting a long time!!

It's irrelevant. If you read previous posts before ripping into them, you'd be fully aware of what I pay for gas and electricity. 450kwh per week in a few weeks time, slight increase from the usual 2kwh - I should get bulk discount.

Thanks for the suggestion of per hour parking btw. EVs charge rate slow down above 90%, considerably more above 95%. So by charging by time connected, not kwh used - its a moor beneficial.

Most billionaires are fantasists. It gives them an outlook on life 9 to 5'ers don't see. I'm not called a Mover & Shaker for no reason.

See a niche, fill it and fill your boots at the same time. It's worked for me for 30 years without having to answer to anyone else.

You seem to have a recurring problem with gas heaters? B&Q and many other outlets sell them, are they also low-life for providing a solution to a problem?

On that understanding, insurance companies should be banned, boiler cover should be banned, the RAC and AA should be banned as they all seem to be profiteering from fear of something going wrong.

Capitalism - it should be banned too!!"

Lol

Longridge

If you don't like what you read..

No-one forces you, change channel just as I do on the TV I have, with a stunning deep black screen.

The Panasonic Plasma one, it came with a remote control and its very useful. For some reason the Mute button stopped working!!

Must get a new one..

all around

"If you don't like what you read..

No-one forces you, change channel just as I do on the TV I have, with a stunning deep black screen.

The Panasonic Plasma one, it came with a remote control and its very useful. For some reason the Mute button stopped working!!

Must get a new one.."

Plasma lol how very 80s

Enjoy

Gilfach

"Not sure where the idea Europe is drowning in Gas comes from."

Perhaps from this BBC News article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63331709

It says that Europe's gas storage is at 95% of capacity, way above the 80% that had been planned for at this time of year. It also says that 20% of the world's gas tankers are currently at anchor off Europe waiting to unload.

That article was published over a week ago. Things have only got better since then.

Longridge

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

If any western or NATO country damaged nord stream 2 it would be the Americans. They have the most to gain by forcing European countries to buy gas from elsewhere (including the US).

Nobody can prove who it was, Russia or America, but that won't stop Russia using that doubt to sow division amongst western allies.

On a side note, as we're talking about deception tactics. Keep in mind the Kony 2012 PsyOp to encourage Americans to support US involvement in Africa, or back a little further to the fake Gulf war CNN report where they shot infront of a blue screen and pretended they were in Kuwait.

Longridge

It's obvious who did it - Russia.

It's now becoming clearer why.

False Flag operation to blame the UK Royal Navy in order to allow a tit-for-tat excuse to retaliate- by damaging either the Gas supply pipes from Norway or the Interconnected electricity cables from the EU or Norway to the UK.

The intention being to punish UK for openly supporting and supplying Ukrain and try to wain support of the population here for government continue supporting them.

In doing so, havoc on UK energy would be created, blackouts, no heating.

Simples: you blew our pipes up, we'll blow yours up. All in a fog of conspiracy of fake news making people believe the US or UK did it for some kind of benefit in doing so.

Don't fall for it..

Longridge

Plasma in the 80's? Think it was still SONY Trinitrons in them days.

90-00s was wide-screen CRTs

Strange that I purchased mine in 2012.

Europe might have their storage higher than expected, but will they share it with us considering our weeny 9 days supply. Could also be difficulties getting it here without pipes!! Or cables!!

Sometimes being an island is a problem.

Gilfach

"It's obvious who did it - Russia.

False Flag operation to blame the UK Royal Navy in order to allow a tit-for-tat excuse to retaliate- by damaging either the Gas supply pipes from Norway or the Interconnected electricity cables from the EU or Norway to the UK.

The intention being to punish UK for openly supporting and supplying Ukrain and try to wain support of the population here for government continue supporting them.

Simples: you blew our pipes up, we'll blow yours up. All in a fog of conspiracy of fake news making people believe the US or UK did it for some kind of benefit in doing so.

Don't fall for it.."

Why would the Russians bother with all of that?

If they are seen to blow up the Langeled pipeline, that would be considered an act of war against a NATO country. Saying "but they did it first" isn't going to stop a NATO response.

If they can manage to blow up the pipeline without leaving any evidence, then they don't need any excuses, they can just deny it.

So why would they blow up their own money stream, if they can't use it as a false flag?

all around

"It's obvious who did it - Russia.

Don't fall for it..

Why would the Russians bother with all of that?

If they are seen to blow up the Langeled pipeline, that would be considered an act of war against a NATO country. Saying "but they did it first" isn't going to stop a NATO response.

If they can manage to blow up the pipeline without leaving any evidence, then they don't need any excuses, they can just deny it.

So why would they blow up their own money stream, if they can't use it as a false flag?"

No doubt his next news flash will be the Royal Navy will blow up the gas links to the UK so that they can blame the Russians as he claims the Europeans won't give the UK gas anyway that way the government will please innocence. Ha ha

Endless mindless

Newcastle under Lyme

Cannot see the Royal Navy or Britain doing this. Seriously our MOD is a joke these days and folk are leaving the forces.

It's either Russia or America, both gain from it but America would gain both politically and financially.

Gilfach

"It's either Russia or America, both gain from it but America would gain both politically and financially."

How would Russia gain from blowing up their own pipe?

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Interestingly, Russia is selling its gas and oil cheap to India and China who are then exporting it around the globe at increased prices. I believe we do not take Russian sourced oil etc.

Ah India. The country Sunak is so keen to get cracking on a Free Trade Agreement with! Wonder what personal gains that will mean for him and his family?"

If you recall the "Lets get Brexit done" brigade said they would do a wonderful new deal with India. So along they went; and India said they would consider it after Britain had paid reparations for all it took from India in the days of Empire. Now just who did not see that coming?

Sunack however, through his wife's connections, may be able to get some deals done because of his ethnicity and we should be grateful as currently Brexit has caused us to slip down the world rankings fast. If he profits it is small beer compared with what the country needs.

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

"It's either Russia or America, both gain from it but America would gain both politically and financially.

How would Russia gain from blowing up their own pipe?"

If the pipes were blown up from the outside it was the Americans, if they were blown up from the inside it was the Russians. All I do know for certain, it wasn't the Germans.

Newcastle under Lyme

"How would Russia gain from blowing up their own pipe?"

It could have been an act of desperation to show western countries that Russia doesn't need the funds from gas being supplied on the pipe. In turn putting more pressure on western countries to open dialogue to re-establish ties, which would require less support to Ukraine.

Honestly though, aside from those two things we cannot logically think of any other reason for Russia to destroy its own pay pig pipeline. Have to confess, the USA would benefit far more but there is still no proof either way...

Gilfach

Given the distinct lack of evidence, it's impossible to say.

But given my (internet acquired) knowledge of Russian safety standards, I'm leaning towards saying that it was an accident.

Longridge

"It's either Russia or America, both gain from it but America would gain both politically and financially.

If the pipes were blown up from the outside it was the Americans, if they were blown up from the inside it was the Russians. All I do know for certain, it wasn't the Germans. "

Well, either way, the Russians are pissed even if they did it themselves.

Seems they want to punish the UK, by taking some of our pipes and/ir cables out the same way.

It'll be lonely this Christmas

Without you to hold

Lonely and cold

It'll be cold, so cold, without you to hold

This Christmas..

Now, where's me torch..

all around

If the pipes were blown up from the outside it was the Americans, if they were blown up from the inside it was the Russians. All I do know for certain, it wasn't the Germans.

Seems they want to punish the UK, by taking some of our pipes and/ir cables out the same way.

Without you to hold

Lonely and cold

This Christmas..

Now, where's me torch..

"

Those words seem familiar, was it loonytunes or something

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Without you to hold

Lonely and cold

This Christmas..

Now, where's me torch..

Those words seem familiar, was it loonytunes or something "

all around

Latest news!!!

Looks like he might be right !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Ir4AYlJtM

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Without you to hold

Lonely and cold

This Christmas..

Now, where's me torch..

"

They'd better not get caught attacking a NATO country. They'll regret it.

Longridge

You mean like:

Salisbury poisonings?

Polonium poisonings?

Election Interference?

Brexit Referendum dabbling?

Cyber Crime?

Hijacking computers for ransom inc our NHS?

We've been fighting a Proxy War with Russia since February and seems they are now getting a little pissed over it.

Weapons

Training

Intelligence

Spy aircraft

Satellite information

Comms intercepts

ARE WE IN TOO DEEP?

https://youtu.be/JBc98FI2t9I

Are we really going to retaliate with Nukes? Doubt the cost of a few months in the Cold is worth it.

Newcastle under Lyme

"Given the distinct lack of evidence, it's impossible to say.

But given my (internet acquired) knowledge of Russian safety standards, I'm leaning towards saying that it was an accident."

Could have been sabotage by Russian workers or other elements in Russia who want to change the Putin regime. That's a good point.

Longridge

Could well be, with poor Ole Blighty in the crossfire.

Russia is steadfast in blaming the UK. I doubt the UK or NATO would risk all out Nuclear conflict if anything was to happen - just more sanctions while we struggle to keep the lights on for 2 months.

» Add a new message to this topic