FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The nasty party?

The nasty party?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ebjonnson OP   Man  over a year ago

Maldon

Diane Abbot’s disgusting attempt to make political gain today. Are Labour the nasty party?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The real nasty party in the UK are the DUP.

By *orleymanMan  over a year ago

Leeds

It was a truly vile comment.

And then she doubled down in it.

I cant stand the woman. I sat there several years ago when she justified the deaths of chairman mao to Andrew Neil.

Honestly the labour party should get rid of her, Mcdonnell,Corbyn etc.

As I said in another thread. Both major parties should come the next election remove the whip from about 30 candidates each based on their past records

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

"Diane Abbot’s disgusting attempt to make political gain today. Are Labour the nasty party?"

What do you expect from this predictable mouth breather? When Sasha Johnson was shot in the head Diane was straight on Twitter stirring up hatred and then it turned out to be a gang related crossfire incident. Dianne is a symptom of a totally corrupt system. She's been an MP since 1987 and has achieved nothing of note.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Diane Abbot’s disgusting attempt to make political gain today. Are Labour the nasty party?"

What has she said?

Maldon

"Diane Abbot’s disgusting attempt to make political gain today. Are Labour the nasty party?

What do you expect from this predictable mouth breather? When Sasha Johnson was shot in the head Diane was straight on Twitter stirring up hatred and then it turned out to be a gang related crossfire incident. Dianne is a symptom of a totally corrupt system. She's been an MP since 1987 and has achieved nothing of note."

Shocking indeed.

My heart and upbringing scream Labour, but no. Always that underlying air of resentment and nastiness. We see it on here of course.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Diane Abbot’s disgusting attempt to make political gain today. Are Labour the nasty party?

What has she said?"

She blamed the immigration authorities for a sexual assault of a minor whilst in a government sanctioned hotel

She was stating that because the person was a minor there should have been an extra duty of care….

But “some” are twisting for their own benefit

Maldon

What has she said?

She blamed the immigration authorities for a sexual assault of a minor whilst in a government sanctioned hotel

She was stating that because the person was a minor there should have been an extra duty of care….

But “some” are twisting for their own benefit "

She was indeed

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

What has she said?

She was indeed"

Not seen anything on this. Sounds like some ill-judged comments (no fan of Abbot myself) but was the basis of what she was saying incorrect?

Doesn’t the Government and her agencies have an additional duty of care to minors? Isn’t the hotel sanctioned, ergo safe, for accommodating minors?

By *orleymanMan  over a year ago

Leeds

What has she said?

She was indeed

Not seen anything on this. Sounds like some ill-judged comments (no fan of Abbot myself) but was the basis of what she was saying incorrect?

Doesn’t the Government and her agencies have an additional duty of care to minors? Isn’t the hotel sanctioned, ergo safe, for accommodating minors? "

Due to the nature of the case there not much details. Its believed a migrant asylum seeking teen boy was ra ped at an accommodation he was staying in with his family. By another asylum seeker at the same time. But this was the result of the Suella Bravermans words about invasion, Not about the actions of a ra pist. Essentially absolving the ra pist of blame.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Never been a great fan of Abbott but my god has she had to take some stick from nasty right wing commentators over the years! When you look at what she said, she wasn’t wrong but as we all know the Faragists will use any trick in the racial and misogynistic playbook they can to get attention

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

What I agree with: we can make be complicit in making it easier for criminal activities to thrive.

What I half agree with: people can act in line with your expectations of them.

What I disagree with: that's inevitable. And when it comes to acts like this, there is no responsibility on the individual to take accountability for their actions.

Final thoughts: Twitter is a terrible platform for conveying complex ideas. And anyone who isn't confident in their skills to communciate in a few words should steer well clear.

"Sorry for the length of the letter, I didn't have time to write a shorter one" should be read before ever tweeting.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Never been a great fan of Abbott but my god has she had to take some stick from nasty right wing commentators over the years! When you look at what she said, she wasn’t wrong but as we all know the Faragists will use any trick in the racial and misogynistic playbook they can to get attention "

What she said removes blame from the attacker and places it in the lap of the government. A teenage migrant was rpd by another migrant in accommodation given to them by the government, the teenager was there with his family.

She is wrong to have said that and using her logic every victim of abuse has been let down by the government, they were not taken advantage of by an evil minded abuser!

I have no idea why this woman can continue to pedal her BS without action being taken against her.

What is ludicrous on here is that the regular far-right posters that we have on here find the comments made by Dianne Abbott worse than the horrendous dehumanising rhetoric that has come from Priti Patel, as the last Home Secretary, and now her even worse follow up, Suella Braverman.

Home Office officials, it appears in todays Guardian, had repeatedly warned her that using hate speech and inflammatory language risked inspiring a far-right terror attack.

Yet she continued to do so. And so it happened.

The racism that Diane Abbott has faced over the years has been horrendous. Braverman whipping up anti-immigrant hate that leads to a terror attack gets nowhere near the vitriol in many papers as Diane Abbott having the nerve to drink a mojito quietly on the tube on her way home.

If you're using Abbotts recent words, where she's arguing that people need fair and humane treatment, to argue that of the two parties they are the nasty one, then you really need to look at yourself.

Terra Firma

"What is ludicrous on here is that the regular far-right posters that we have on here find the comments made by Dianne Abbott worse than the horrendous dehumanising rhetoric that has come from Priti Patel, as the last Home Secretary, and now her even worse follow up, Suella Braverman.

Home Office officials, it appears in todays Guardian, had repeatedly warned her that using hate speech and inflammatory language risked inspiring a far-right terror attack.

The racism that Diane Abbott has faced over the years has been horrendous. Braverman whipping up anti-immigrant hate that leads to a terror attack gets nowhere near the vitriol in many papers as Diane Abbott having the nerve to drink a mojito quietly on the tube on her way home.

If you're using Abbotts recent words, where she's arguing that people need fair and humane treatment, to argue that of the two parties they are the nasty one, then you really need to look at yourself."

You are as bad as her, a boy was rpd by a man and you are moving the story along to Braverman.

You should be ashamed of yourself, trying to score political points by neutralising the impact of a horrid crime to suit your ends.

"What is ludicrous on here is that the regular far-right posters that we have on here find the comments made by Dianne Abbott worse than the horrendous dehumanising rhetoric that has come from Priti Patel, as the last Home Secretary, and now her even worse follow up, Suella Braverman.

If you're using Abbotts recent words, where she's arguing that people need fair and humane treatment, to argue that of the two parties they are the nasty one, then you really need to look at yourself.

You are as bad as her, a boy was rpd by a man and you are moving the story along to Braverman.

You should be ashamed of yourself, trying to score political points by neutralising the impact of a horrid crime to suit your ends.

"

I don't know whether your lack of understanding is intentional, to make a point, or you genuinely can't understand complex issues.

Both can be true. It can be a horrendous crime. It can also be true that the conditions l0make it more likely. It can also be true that hate speech leads to violence.

I'd argue that all of those are true. Nowhere did I say his crime should be diminished. You are either willfully misrepresenting that, or don't have the ability to understand what I have written.

Yes it was an awful crime. Yes it should be absolutely punished. But if there were safe conditions there, no overcrowding, proper resources, proper safeguarding of children and less anti-immigrant rhetoric from people who should know better then we may not have been in this situation.

Terra Firma

I don't know whether your lack of understanding is intentional, to make a point, or you genuinely can't understand complex issues.

Both can be true. It can be a horrendous crime. It can also be true that the conditions l0make it more likely. It can also be true that hate speech leads to violence.

I'd argue that all of those are true. Nowhere did I say his crime should be diminished. You are either willfully misrepresenting that, or don't have the ability to understand what I have written.

Yes it was an awful crime. Yes it should be absolutely punished. But if there were safe conditions there, no overcrowding, proper resources, proper safeguarding of children and less anti-immigrant rhetoric from people who should know better then we may not have been in this situation. "

The boy was with his family in accommodation. You and others like you are what is wrong, you want to sweep the issue under the carpet to create a platform to stifle peoples opinions on any issue you see fit. Abbott even said "treat them like rpsts, they will act like rpsts". Utterly wrong and indefensible to condone the act on young boy.

I have no time for you.

Good. I have no time for those on the far right also.

Terra Firma

"Good. I have no time for those on the far right also. "

Far right You do love to prove time and time again, how ill informed you are.

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I adore the woman. A true hero. Better than any fucking tory. I'd even let her into the Scottish Republic.

Terra Firma

"I adore the woman. A true hero. Better than any fucking tory. I'd even let her into the Scottish Republic. "

Is that a pub in Glasgow? She does likes a mojito

» Add a new message to this topic