FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Elon fires half of twitter

Elon fires half of twitter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Dubai

I hear one of the first was the person who barred Donald Trump.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I hear one of the first was the person who barred Donald Trump. "

Twitter is 99.9 % shite and 0.1 % comedy gold , I can’t believe he paid $44 billion, the previous owners must be pissing themselves, Musk has been conned

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"I hear one of the first was the person who barred Donald Trump.

Twitter is 99.9 % shite and 0.1 % comedy gold , I can’t believe he paid $44 billion, the previous owners must be pissing themselves, Musk has been conned "

Are people actually leaving Twitter in droves, or is that just nonsense?

Twitter is 99.9 % shite and 0.1 % comedy gold , I can’t believe he paid $44 billion, the previous owners must be pissing themselves, Musk has been conned

Are people actually leaving Twitter in droves, or is that just nonsense?"

It’s happening, very large companies have suspended their advertising, maybe it’s good news for Donnys truth social platform.

Dubai

So due diligence found that the numbers of users they report has high numbers of bots but the transaction had completed. Anyway as a platform to influence global politics, $$44bn is cheap

Dubai

He doesn’t have a US passport so can’t be president himself

golden fields

So due diligence found that the numbers of users they report has high numbers of bots but the transaction had completed. Anyway as a platform to influence global politics, $$44bn is cheap "

That's true.

golden fields

"He doesn’t have a US passport so can’t be president himself "

He doesn't need to be. Just needs to have a president own him a favour. So to speak.

golden fields

It’s happening, very large companies have suspended their advertising, maybe it’s good news for Donnys truth social platform. "

Ha. It'll just become another alt right echo chamber?

So due diligence found that the numbers of users they report has high numbers of bots but the transaction had completed. Anyway as a platform to influence global politics, $$44bn is cheap "

It isn’t, that is why the owners were so keen to sell, in fact they were going to sue Musk if he didn’t go ahead with the deal

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Elon Musk, the Liz truss of the tech world.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Elon Musk, the Liz truss of the tech world. "

Yeah… overpaid

The new blue tick is going to be a cluster…

If Jack Dorsey does develop the alternative platform he is threatening to…. Musk is done!!

The irony of the thing that potentially takes down tesla is his big headedness at twitter .. juicy!

"Elon Musk, the Liz truss of the tech world.

Yeah… overpaid

If Jack Dorsey does develop the alternative platform he is threatening to…. Musk is done!!

The irony of the thing that potentially takes down tesla is his big headedness at twitter .. juicy! "

Unless he changes his ‘views’ it will deter the very the type of people who buy Tesla’s . He seems to be siding with people who are right wing and climate change deniers, not clever when your selling electric cars

golden fields

Yeah… overpaid

The irony of the thing that potentially takes down tesla is his big headedness at twitter .. juicy!

Unless he changes his ‘views’ it will deter the very the type of people who buy Tesla’s . He seems to be siding with people who are right wing and climate change deniers, not clever when your selling electric cars "

Tesla removed him as their chairman a while back because his outlandish views and moronic antics were putting people off Teslas.

Yeah… overpaid

Unless he changes his ‘views’ it will deter the very the type of people who buy Tesla’s . He seems to be siding with people who are right wing and climate change deniers, not clever when your selling electric cars

Tesla removed him as their chairman a while back because his outlandish views and moronic antics were putting people off Teslas."

Is he now the CEO?

golden fields

Yeah… overpaid

Tesla removed him as their chairman a while back because his outlandish views and moronic antics were putting people off Teslas.

Is he now the CEO? "

He was both. Now he is just the CEO.

Yeah… overpaid

Is he now the CEO?

"

Ah right, I don’t think he is anywhere near as clever as he thinks he is

golden fields

Yeah… overpaid

Is he now the CEO?

Ah right, I don’t think he is anywhere near as clever as he thinks he is "

He's got no common sense.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

It’s happening, very large companies have suspended their advertising, maybe it’s good news for Donnys truth social platform. "

Advertisers will go where their market audience resides. Those of a left persuasion are more likely to leave than those on the right.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Is it only me that doesn't understand the purpose of Twitter?

It seems a place filled with bullshit and hatred from people pretending to be something they're not

It’s happening, very large companies have suspended their advertising, maybe it’s good news for Donnys truth social platform.

Advertisers will go where their market audience resides. Those of a left persuasion are more likely to leave than those on the right. "

Musk has just paid $44 billion for a company that is losing $3.5 million a day, Jack Dorsey must be rubbing his hands

"Is it only me that doesn't understand the purpose of Twitter?

It seems a place filled with bullshit and hatred from people pretending to be something they're not"

That sums it up,

Terra Firma

Advertisers will go where their market audience resides. Those of a left persuasion are more likely to leave than those on the right.

Musk has just paid $44 billion for a company that is losing $3.5 million a day, Jack Dorsey must be rubbing his hands "

Do you think this will stop him making knee jerk decisions and spouting whatever comes into his head?

Musk has just paid $44 billion for a company that is losing $3.5 million a day, Jack Dorsey must be rubbing his hands

Do you think this will stop him making knee jerk decisions and spouting whatever comes into his head?"

No

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

It seems a place filled with bullshit and hatred from people pretending to be something they're not

That sums it up, "

Do you know how to use Twitter?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

He needs to work on his dance moves.

That sums it up,

Do you know how to use Twitter? "

Yes, been on there for 6 years, do you?

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

That sums it up,

Yes, been on there for 6 years, do you? "

I would hazard a guess at more efficiently than you if you think 99.9% of it is shite. The platform is entirely what you make it or want it to be…

That sums it up,

Yes, been on there for 6 years, do you?

I would hazard a guess at more efficiently than you if you think 99.9% of it is shite. The platform is entirely what you make it or want it to be… "

Exactly, your proving my point

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

Don't see the point of Twatter or any other similar social media sites.

It is annoying that some companies "customer support" is via these platforms, which I refuse to join.

By *orleymanMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"Elon Musk, the Liz truss of the tech world. "

.imagine being so bitter you compare one of the worlds brightest and richest men to liz truss

.imagine being so bitter you compare one of the worlds brightest and richest men to liz truss "

What is wrong with Liz Truss?

By *ity_BoyMan  over a year ago

London

.imagine being so bitter you compare one of the worlds brightest and richest men to liz truss "

Elon Musk is not bright. He takes credit for the work his talented engineers do.

He was born rich in a family that got their wealth from apartheid emerald mining.

He didn't start up Tesla nor Paypal. He bought them out and listed himself as the founder of both companies.

The cracks are starting to show now with the acquisition of Twitter.

golden fields

Why do you have to be "bitter" to understand Musk is a bellend?

By *orleymanMan  over a year ago

Leeds

.imagine being so bitter you compare one of the worlds brightest and richest men to liz truss

Elon Musk is not bright. He takes credit for the work his talented engineers do.

He was born rich in a family that got their wealth from apartheid emerald mining.

He didn't start up Tesla nor Paypal. He bought them out and listed himself as the founder of both companies.

The cracks are starting to show now with the acquisition of Twitter."

You know what you're right.

Musks easy companies and ses and software writing had nothing to do with him changing a 28k payment from dad into about 200bn dollars

Silly me.

Yeah… overpaid

Unless he changes his ‘views’ it will deter the very the type of people who buy Tesla’s . He seems to be siding with people who are right wing and climate change deniers, not clever when your selling electric cars "

That is the crux of the issue. The rich metropolitan liberal elite thought that Musk was one of them, what with his "saving the planet" and promise of a future where only they could drive his expensive cars on empty roads while the knuckle dragging plebs are crammed on trains and walking miles to work in the rain.

Now he is increasingly sounding like he isn't in their club, hence the vitriol.

"Hell hath no fury....." Etc.

Yeah… overpaid

That is the crux of the issue. The rich metropolitan liberal elite thought that Musk was one of them, what with his "saving the planet" and promise of a future where only they could drive his expensive cars on empty roads while the knuckle dragging plebs are crammed on trains and walking miles to work in the rain.

"Hell hath no fury....." Etc."

Tbh, I think public transport should be encouraged, it’s cheaper and better for the environment. You better start saving up for ab electric car , you will be forced to drive one soon

Yeah… overpaid

Tbh, I think public transport should be encouraged, it’s cheaper and better for the environment. You better start saving up for ab electric car , you will be forced to drive one soon "

I don't need to save up for one thanks. And no I won't. People will be driving petrol cars 30 years from now regardless of what happens. My guess is that in five to ten years EV's will be totally obsolete.

London

[Removed by poster at 05/11/22 17:21:49]

London

Yeah… overpaid

Which "Rich liberal metropolitan elite" thought he was "one of them"?

People have been laughing it him for years. He is not in favour of light rail .. Yet pushes his hyperloop and "tunnels for Tesla cars" idea. He called a rescuer a pedo because they didnt want to use his useless submarine for the rescue operation in the Phillipines.

The only people that like(d) him are weird Musk fans and Libertarians.

golden fields

Yeah… overpaid

Thinking that only the "metropolitan liberal elite" understand climate change is just plain weird.

Yeah… overpaid

Which "Rich liberal metropolitan elite" thought he was "one of them"?

People have been laughing it him for years. He is not in favour of light rail .. Yet pushes his hyperloop and "tunnels for Tesla cars" idea. He called a rescuer a pedo because they didnt want to use his useless submarine for the rescue operation in the Phillipines.

The only people that like(d) him are weird Musk fans and Libertarians.

"

I personally have no thoughts on Musk. Twitter has a failed business model, if he can turn it around and make a success of it good luck to him.

The post I responded to suggested that Musk had started saying the wrong thing and would put off potential Tesla buyers, who apparently all have the same opinions.

If that is true and Musk has now started offending these people, he must have changed his views or nobody would have bought a Tesla in the first place.

In my experience Tesla owners are either well paid public sector knobs or company car knobs who have graduated from BMW's.

Yeah… overpaid

Tbh, I think public transport should be encouraged, it’s cheaper and better for the environment. You better start saving up for ab electric car , you will be forced to drive one soon

I don't need to save up for one thanks. And no I won't. People will be driving petrol cars 30 years from now regardless of what happens. My guess is that in five to ten years EV's will be totally obsolete."

They won’t. I know change might be scary , but it is necessary, don’t be afraid, embrace the future

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Yeah… overpaid

I don't need to save up for one thanks. And no I won't. People will be driving petrol cars 30 years from now regardless of what happens. My guess is that in five to ten years EV's will be totally obsolete.

They won’t. I know change might be scary , but it is necessary, don’t be afraid, embrace the future "

imo, they will be different in ways I don't know. (maybe not ten years). Maybe more smaller, bike like vehicles.

Yeah… overpaid

They won’t. I know change might be scary , but it is necessary, don’t be afraid, embrace the future "

Electric cars aren't scary at all. If I want one I'll buy one. I prefer not to waste money on over priced sub optimal products that are worse than the ones they are intended to replace.

My 17 year old diesel does 680 miles on one tank. When electric cars do that I'll buy one. And I'm talking real world miles, not the snake oil ranges that the car manufacturers are churning out with government permission.

But sure, it's "progress". "You are the future".

Yeah… overpaid

They won’t. I know change might be scary , but it is necessary, don’t be afraid, embrace the future

Electric cars aren't scary at all. If I want one I'll buy one. I prefer not to waste money on over priced sub optimal products that are worse than the ones they are intended to replace.

My 17 year old diesel does 680 miles on one tank. When electric cars do that I'll buy one. And I'm talking real world miles, not the snake oil ranges that the car manufacturers are churning out with government permission.

But sure, it's "progress". "You are the future"."

Be careful, you will get stuck in the past ,

Yeah… overpaid

They won’t. I know change might be scary , but it is necessary, don’t be afraid, embrace the future imo, they will be different in ways I don't know. (maybe not ten years). Maybe more smaller, bike like vehicles. "

The technology is improving rapidly, the combustion engine took over 100 years to get to the level it is now

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Yeah… overpaid

They won’t. I know change might be scary , but it is necessary, don’t be afraid, embrace the future imo, they will be different in ways I don't know. (maybe not ten years). Maybe more smaller, bike like vehicles.

The technology is improving rapidly, the combustion engine took over 100 years to get to the level it is now "

agreed. Likewise the infrastructure. (Owner of an id3.)

Yeah… overpaid

But sure, it's "progress". "You are the future".

Be careful, you will get stuck in the past , "

The "progressive" speaks. If only I keep deluding myself that I am the future, it will be so.

Terra Firma

The cracks are starting to show now with the acquisition of Twitter."

Your summary doesn't really tell the whole story and calling him not bright, is well, not bright.

He founded x.com along with 2 others and a merge with confinity produced Paypal, that eventually got snapped up by ebay for 1.5billion.

He saw a future in Tesla and when the founders were looking for backing Musk invested and became the largest share holder, the rest is history.

What I take away from this is his unique ability to see the value, the future or application of services and gets onboard early.

Far from dim in my opinion, if you simply don't like him, fair enough but be realistic, he has been far more successful than you or I will ever be. If that makes him not very bright, what does that make you and I?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Your summary doesn't really tell the whole story and calling him not bright, is well, not bright.

He founded x.com along with 2 others and a merge with confinity produced Paypal, that eventually got snapped up by ebay for 1.5billion.

He saw a future in Tesla and when the founders were looking for backing Musk invested and became the largest share holder, the rest is history.

What I take away from this is his unique ability to see the value, the future or application of services and gets onboard early.

Far from dim in my opinion, if you simply don't like him, fair enough but be realistic, he has been far more successful than you or I will ever be. If that makes him not very bright, what does that make you and I? "

Nope…. This one is definitely a vanity flex!

He seriously overpaid for a company because he opened his mouth on Twitter to the point where the SEC said he has to put up or shut as he was affecting share price! Why do you think he spent 3 months getting out of the deal before giving in to the inevitable or having to pay 1 billion to get out

He is well over his skies on this one

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Good, it would be a refreshing change if they get replaced with folk who aren't insufferable metropolitan yuppies.

Terra Firma

Far from dim in my opinion, if you simply don't like him, fair enough but be realistic, he has been far more successful than you or I will ever be. If that makes him not very bright, what does that make you and I?

He seriously overpaid for a company because he opened his mouth on Twitter to the point where the SEC said he has to put up or shut as he was affecting share price! Why do you think he spent 3 months getting out of the deal before giving in to the inevitable or having to pay 1 billion to get out

He is well over his skies on this one "

You are telling me what everyone knows, he is a loose cannon.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

He is well over his skies on this one "

Current reckoning is that due to the hit that tesla shares took when he sold a big lump of them to get the cash for twitter, he has managed to halve his net worth through this deal. Something like $100 billion down the toilet. To get ownership of a company that isn't making a profit.

Even just to break even, he has to get twitter to _triple_ in value! However seems little likelihood of that when he's sacked half the employees, the users are falling, the bots are increasing, content moderation has been decimated, the big advertisers are pulling their money because they don't want their adverts next door to racial slurs and foreign funded disinformation...

Latest twist is that Musk is now having to say "pretty please come back" to some of the employees he sacked two days ago because, who'd have thought it, these people are actually needed to keep the system working!

Can't wait for the next developments in this sitcom, where Elon goes bankrupt and we see him trying out for jobs at McDonalds and Walmart

Still working fine !

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Current reckoning is that due to the hit that tesla shares took when he sold a big lump of them to get the cash for twitter, he has managed to halve his net worth through this deal. Something like $100 billion down the toilet. To get ownership of a company that isn't making a profit.

Even just to break even, he has to get twitter to _triple_ in value! However seems little likelihood of that when he's sacked half the employees, the users are falling, the bots are increasing, content moderation has been decimated, the big advertisers are pulling their money because they don't want their adverts next door to racial slurs and foreign funded disinformation...

Latest twist is that Musk is now having to say "pretty please come back" to some of the employees he sacked two days ago because, who'd have thought it, these people are actually needed to keep the system working!

Can't wait for the next developments in this sitcom, where Elon goes bankrupt and we see him trying out for jobs at McDonalds and Walmart "

I doubt he will be begging employees to go back as he has got rid of the useless over staffed departments full of duplicate jobs that achieved the square root of fuck all

All the ones that have been got rid of have been paid up front 3 months which apparently is 50% more than they would get under consolations ect.

No wonder twitter was losing money all the time as 8,000 employees who mostly work remotely seems to be an over large workforce.

Considering that it’s an internet based business why the need for massive office block buildings full of the twitter Branding when it’s all done on laptops using the internet?

Can't wait for the next developments in this sitcom, where Elon goes bankrupt and we see him trying out for jobs at McDonalds and Walmart

I doubt he will be begging employees to go back as he has got rid of the useless over staffed departments full of duplicate jobs that achieved the square root of fuck all

All the ones that have been got rid of have been paid up front 3 months which apparently is 50% more than they would get under consolations ect.

No wonder twitter was losing money all the time as 8,000 employees who mostly work remotely seems to be an over large workforce.

Considering that it’s an internet based business why the need for massive office block buildings full of the twitter Branding when it’s all done on laptops using the internet? "

Are you for or against people working from home?

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

There seems to be a lot of fuss over the new $8 a month blue check-mark fee. If Twitter means that much to a person we're sure they can find the $8 a month for it.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

It’s a business that clearly is all computer based so works for either unlike a lot of jobs that require face to face interaction and so suits office base.

So it would work for that business model.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"There seems to be a lot of fuss over the new $8 a month blue check-mark fee. If Twitter means that much to a person we're sure they can find the $8 a month for it."
Twitter means very little to many. Their reputation does tho. It's an insurance rather than an investment.

I'd be pissed as Twitter are monetising a conflict of interest. They do naff all to ban clones and imposters.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"

Far more worrying is that people joined in droves!

golden fields

"

Far more worrying is that people joined in droves!"

Just becoming another Gab, Parler, Truth style far right hate based platform then?

"

Just becoming another Gab, Parler, Truth style far right hate based platform then?"

Yes the Lefties really need to go find their own online space where they can echo back each other's opinions, and don't have to be troubled by anyone who disagrees with them, interrupted only by occasional diversity advertising from Cheerios and VW.

golden fields

"

Just becoming another Gab, Parler, Truth style far right hate based platform then?

Yes the Lefties really need to go find their own online space where they can echo back each other's opinions, and don't have to be troubled by anyone who disagrees with them, interrupted only by occasional diversity advertising from Cheerios and VW."

Like the far right do?

"

Yes the Lefties really need to go find their own online space where they can echo back each other's opinions, and don't have to be troubled by anyone who disagrees with them, interrupted only by occasional diversity advertising from Cheerios and VW."

Are you on Twitter?

» Add a new message to this topic