FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sunak's our 2nd PM to break the law in office?

Sunak's our 2nd PM to break the law in office?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A quote from the BBC: Fixed penalty notices are a sanction for breaking the law, and mean a fine, which needs to be paid within 28 days, or contested.

So, officially, Johnson broke the law as PM. Now Sunak has too.

Spiffing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Also feels worth mentioning this is Sunak's second fixed penalty notice. Lovely.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"A quote from the BBC: Fixed penalty notices are a sanction for breaking the law, and mean a fine, which needs to be paid within 28 days, or contested.

Spiffing."

Spiffing. As in smoking a spliff is that not braking the law NO..

"A quote from the BBC: Fixed penalty notices are a sanction for breaking the law, and mean a fine, which needs to be paid within 28 days, or contested.

Spiffing.

Spiffing. As in smoking a spliff is that not braking the law NO.."

Eh?

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Less bothered with this ... If he had set the law for wearing seatbelts, preached to everyone else about clunk. Click. Trip and then was caught, I'd be more annoyed. Especially if he then lied. And I found everyone in his office decided it wasn't for them.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Spiffing."

You can get a fixed penalty notice for speeding.

How things are spun can either be in or out of context, you have the power to decide which way you want to spin, like Cummings and Campbell as an example.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Let's hope that Lancashire Constabulary respond in equally timely manner, to every burglary and offence across their beat tonight!

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I have to say this in my opinion is a stupid error made even more ridiculous by filming it and having a copper in the car. it’s just beyond stupid which questions the common sense or basic awareness of our PM.

As for the issue itself it’s just trivia. Unless of course the car crashed and he became the missile killing the front passengers! But we all know that,,,,, oh hang on maybe not quite all!!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Let's hope that Lancashire Constabulary respond in equally timely manner, to every burglary and offence across their beat tonight!"

Agreed..

Hopefully there's more dickheads like sunak stupidly putting their lawbreaking on tape..

Not sure there will be that many though..

"Let's hope that Lancashire Constabulary respond in equally timely manner, to every burglary and offence across their beat tonight!

Agreed..

Hopefully there's more dickheads like sunak stupidly putting their lawbreaking on tape..

Not sure there will be that many though.."

That's the amusing bit. Sunak filmed himself breaking the law & tweeted it out to the world.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

See people everyday looking at their mobile phone while driving, which is a lot worse.

"See people everyday looking at their mobile phone while driving, which is a lot worse. "

And?

Every day somebody somewhere likely gets murdered. That's worse. That's nothing to do with Sunak breaking the law either.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Let's hope that Lancashire Constabulary respond in equally timely manner, to every burglary and offence across their beat tonight!

Agreed..

Not sure there will be that many though..

That's the amusing bit. Sunak filmed himself breaking the law & tweeted it out to the world."

It's like the bloke is our PM but he's too stupid to not realise what he was doing..

1 good thing in all this. Lancashire police issued a timely fine instead of stringing it all out.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"See people everyday looking at their mobile phone while driving, which is a lot worse.

And?

Every day somebody somewhere likely gets murdered. That's worse. That's nothing to do with Sunak breaking the law either."

rejoice. Our PM hasn't murdered someone. .

"See people everyday looking at their mobile phone while driving, which is a lot worse.

And?

Every day somebody somewhere likely gets murdered. That's worse. That's nothing to do with Sunak breaking the law either.rejoice. Our PM hasn't murdered someone. .

"

Hurray!

And?

Every day somebody somewhere likely gets murdered. That's worse. That's nothing to do with Sunak breaking the law either."

Are you comparing what the average citizen does with murder..?

My point was on the grand scale of things , it was a misdemeanour.

You can't even compare it with Johnson's covid breaking parties, has they were had potentially worse consequences.

And?

Every day somebody somewhere likely gets murdered. That's worse. That's nothing to do with Sunak breaking the law either.

You can't even compare it with Johnson's covid breaking parties, has they were had potentially worse consequences. "

You were talking about something different, so I did too. That was all.

I agree Johnson's parties were worse. (Incidentally Sunak also got fined for breaking the law over Partygate too.)

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Clutching at straws here really. How many folk here belt up when they're in the back of a taxi? Hubby didn't even realise it became law back in the early 90's and still doesn't wear a belt in the back.

And?

You can't even compare it with Johnson's covid breaking parties, has they were had potentially worse consequences.

I agree Johnson's parties were worse. (Incidentally Sunak also got fined for breaking the law over Partygate too.)"

Not trying to defend Sunak, but there are more important issues we should be questioning our politicians about. Like Lee Anderson's crusade to gaslight the food banks issue.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm quite sure multi millionaire Sunak learned a jolly important lesson having to pay a £100 fine, must have really hit him where it hurts.

By *amantMan  over a year ago

Alnmouth

"Clutching at straws here really. How many folk here belt up when they're in the back of a taxi? Hubby didn't even realise it became law back in the early 90's and still doesn't wear a belt in the back."

This is news to me and it's 2023 but I'm not the PM. That's the difference. They set the example. Personally, I think this is a bit of a distraction but it's bigger than just Sunak. He's the second sitting PM to have broken the law within the space of a few years, and it's the second time while being a member of the cabinet. Though I do think partygate was worse, it only makes you question what they really think. Are the rules just for the likes of us and not them?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

And?

I agree Johnson's parties were worse. (Incidentally Sunak also got fined for breaking the law over Partygate too.)

Not trying to defend Sunak, but there are more important issues we should be questioning our politicians about. Like Lee Anderson's crusade to gaslight the food banks issue."

I'd like to think we can multitask.

Nurses: to avoid using foodbanks don't have kids, and rent of your old man at below market rates. It's really easy.

And?

Not trying to defend Sunak, but there are more important issues we should be questioning our politicians about. Like Lee Anderson's crusade to gaslight the food banks issue."

30p Lee is as thick as shit, imagine having him representing you in parliament

And?

Anderson's such a lovely chap, aint he?

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Let's hope that Lancashire Constabulary respond in equally timely manner, to every burglary and offence across their beat tonight!"

Believe me, as someone who lives in Lancashire, the speed was shocking.

According to Lancashire police:

1) they are not a breakdown service to rescue a car stranded on the inside lane of a motorway

2) no offence is committed by shining a laser pen into the eyes of another road user

3) that no offence is committed by having an unrestrained dog bouncing around a car

4) that's it not illegal to ride an un registered motorbike on public roads with no lights or helmet

5) that it's not illegal to set of multiple barrages of fireworks at 2am on a public park

6) car theft and burglary- no response, just a crime number

7) no response to reports of car door pullers in the early hours

Yet, they can issue a penalty notice within 24 hours, which considering the force is run by Conservatives and Commissioner is cm Conservatives is surprising.

» Add a new message to this topic