nr faversham

"His mother is released ...our justice system is a disgrace "

Nice to see all the human rights lefties with not a word to say

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

"His mother is released ...our justice system is a disgrace

Nice to see all the human rights lefties with not a word to say"

They're too busy trying to find tax 'dirt' to further blacken the names of Mrs Sunak and Mr Zahawi or arguing about Brexit.

Tony's Law came into effect in June, meaning similar abusers could now face life imprisonment. I think 10 years was the maximum that could be given to Tony's biological parents back in 2018.

Dominic Raab has tried valiantly to delay the release, but honestly, I sometimes think capital punishment is the only justice for these evil abusers. It is understandable why some think anyone who can be so cruel should not be allowed to inhale fresh air ever again.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Both parents should be locked up forever in solitary and throw away the key. Abuse of children should carry the most severe penalties along with no parole or early release allowed.

Do you chaps seriously think “lefties” are not in favour of law and order?

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

"Both parents should be locked up forever in solitary and throw away the key. Abuse of children should carry the most severe penalties along with no parole or early release allowed.

Do you chaps seriously think “lefties” are not in favour of law and order?"

Some are, but some are dangerously too liberal. Your comment is better late than never

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"Both parents should be locked up forever in solitary and throw away the key. Abuse of children should carry the most severe penalties along with no parole or early release allowed.

Do you chaps seriously think “lefties” are not in favour of law and order?"

I think they're sadly more concerned about the rights of the offender, how bad it must be if they have no possibility of freedom at the end of sentence rather than care about the victim

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I think they're sadly more concerned about the rights of the offender, how bad it must be if they have no possibility of freedom at the end of sentence rather than care about the victim "

any evidence for this.

I suspect his abusers were also abused at some point. I therefore get torn between wanting to understand why anyone can do that, and ensuring there is sentences in place. I could only get behind a reduced sentence of serious therapy has been undertaken. I would be concerned otherwise that they would still be a risk. But I do struggle with such a reduced sentence for such a crime. Half sentences shouldn't be simply given when the crime is above a number of years.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think they're sadly more concerned about the rights of the offender, how bad it must be if they have no possibility of freedom at the end of sentence rather than care about the victim "

Who's said that about this case?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

and yet we have had a right leaning government in power for the last 13 years who have singulaly failed despite several sentencing reviews to change the sentencing system except when trying to grab headlines

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

You appear to be just making stuff up.

What should "lefties" or anyone else be saying to be acceptable to you?

I don't know what the legal position is that allows it, but if that is the case then the law has to be followed, otherwise it's arbitrary chaos.

The law clearly has to be changed. Maximum sentencing was changed as a consequence of this case. Shouldn't closing the possibility of such early release be a higher priority than all of the work that will be necessary to leave the ECHR?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

I think they're sadly more concerned about the rights of the offender, how bad it must be if they have no possibility of freedom at the end of sentence rather than care about the victim

You appear to be just making stuff up.

What should "lefties" or anyone else be saying to be acceptable to you?

I don't know what the legal position is that allows it, but if that is the case then the law has to be followed, otherwise it's arbitrary chaos.

The law clearly has to be changed. Maximum sentencing was changed as a consequence of this case. Shouldn't closing the possibility of such early release be a higher priority than all of the work that will be necessary to leave the ECHR?"

yes but doing all the work to change sentencing is just that work much easier to leave the ECHR to show theyre core voters that they are doing something about " woke leftie lawyers" make lovely headlines in the mail express etc and suellas panties all wet with exitment

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think they're sadly more concerned about the rights of the offender, how bad it must be if they have no possibility of freedom at the end of sentence rather than care about the victim and yet we have had a right leaning government in power for the last 13 years who have singulaly failed despite several sentencing reviews to change the sentencing system except when trying to grab headlines "

» Add a new message to this topic