FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Political ignorance.

Political ignorance.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There is no middle ground anymore. It's a winner take all attitude with people. People just straight up hate each other anymore. If you going to message me nasty comments then block. You are a coward and childish. I'll stand my ground until there is a resolution I can agree with. Alot of people just want to just get in the last word to feel better about themselves and I am the idiot ok.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

U OK hun?

"U OK hun? "
I am fine I do not block. I just dislike calling me out then blocking. Alot of people here express their opinions which I have to admit induces thought over time. The maybe they are right thought process. It's not instant. I admit my values are harsh sometimes to others. I said that repeatedly. If you don't invoke some change instead of just trying to get the last word in. Well in my eyes you are a " fucking " idiot.

All good to me everyone's opinion. Never have I blocked or complained to admin. I understand admins point. I need to have more tact. My empathy for others is thin. I gain ground understanding. Then multiple messages set me back into my original mindset. Vicious circle.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"All good to me everyone's opinion. Never have I blocked or complained to admin. I understand admins point. I need to have more tact. My empathy for others is thin. I gain ground understanding. Then multiple messages set me back into my original mindset. Vicious circle."
wouldnt take any notice of most of the people on here there always right and everyone else is wrong as for people messaging then blocking u ive had that a few times, my own thoughts are those sort of people are usually sad bastards who in the real world are lifes losers

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

It's shit.

The irony being poor attitudes (be it insulting, abusive, or even just patronising and condescending) cause ppl to become more entrenched rather than change minds. Comes from a place of (probably fragile) ego.

And cowadice when it's not even done in public.

"All good to me everyone's opinion. Never have I blocked or complained to admin. I understand admins point. I need to have more tact. My empathy for others is thin. I gain ground understanding. Then multiple messages set me back into my original mindset. Vicious circle.wouldnt take any notice of most of the people on here there always right and everyone else is wrong as for people messaging then blocking u ive had that a few times, my own thoughts are those sort of people are usually sad bastards who in the real world are lifes losers"
I agree but that is a huge issue nowadays. It's getting out of hand we social media. People just stew in their own thoughts. Like me trying to understand the very same people who disagree. Then the huge setback

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Sorry that happened.

I get abusive messages most weeks, from someone who evidently was banned from the forums.

If they had something good to say, they wouldn't block you.

"It's shit.

The irony being poor attitudes (be it insulting, abusive, or even just patronising and condescending) cause ppl to become more entrenched rather than change minds. Comes from a place of (probably fragile) ego.

And cowadice when it's not even done in public. "

oh I am super entrenched. Because of cowards.I try to shrug it off. It doesn't always work. There is no bipartisanship. It the me or nothin attitude. It's crazy.

[Removed by poster at 04/02/23 18:48:51]

What is the solution? Social media can be a blessing sometimes. The majority of the time a curse.

By *astandFeistyCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I wouldn't let it bother you yoo much. We get it too.

My answer is, 'if you can't day it in public then you're a little b*tch, bye'

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"I wouldn't let it bother you yoo much. We get it too.

My answer is, 'if you can't day it in public then you're a little b*tch, bye'"

"I wouldn't let it bother you yoo much. We get it too.

My answer is, 'if you can't day it in public then you're a little b*tch, bye'"

I am the same. It's you try and understand that 1 opinion that invokes a positive. Then 10 others invoke the negative. It's great and frustrating at the same time. So generally everyone the majority rules in understanding. The one voice gets silent.

Explain the balance anyone?

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

"Explain the balance anyone? "

Balance would be taking the time to research the subject matter and viewing it impartially without bias before arriving at a set of conclusions. This involves critical thinking and analysis, and then checking the sources of information for bias.

Only then might you arrive at a "balanced" situation upon which to base your understanding, and then frame your own ideas on the subject.

And even at that juncture, just because you've researched it from multiple sources, considered multiple opinions, and weighted and balanced it, it doesn't necessarily follow that your conclusions are inherently correct. It could be fatally flawed to everyone else, but in your terms of understanding it might appear ok to you.

Humans are flawed and imperfect, ergo any systems they design or thoughts/opinions they have will be flawed and imperfect too.

So the notion of "balance" is speculative at best.

Personally, I think we see polarisation across the political arena because of expediency.

Few folks have the time or skill to fully investigate all the varying shades of political nuance.

I should imagine the smaller parties in the US get drowned out by the noise of the 2 main parties. Noise and their massive political funding. Happens here in the UK too. Despite that, no one party has a monopoly on good ideas, and several smaller ones also have quite progressive and interesting ideas. They just get side-lined by the polarisation.

And polarisation is not balance. It's the antithesis of it.

By *appyPandaMan  over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

"There is no middle ground anymore. It's a winner take all attitude with people. People just straight up hate each other anymore. If you going to message me nasty comments then block. You are a coward and childish. I'll stand my ground until there is a resolution I can agree with. Alot of people just want to just get in the last word to feel better about themselves and I am the idiot ok. "

I do often wonder if our political divide that keeps the populace distracted and at each other's throats is due to our species inherent tribalism going mad in a world grown huge so suddenly and now facing a lot of hardship because much of life is now wasted in the pursuit of immaterial social constructs.

We spent most of our time as a species in much smaller groups living and functioning in the real absolute world, but here we are living in a world that's grown far faster than we could adapt to, with many people spending much of their lives in jobs that could simply disappear in the morning with not too much of an effect in how the system operates, apart from reducing it's complexity. Many are simply cogs in this vast machine that's been engineered to prioritize the interests of those with unfathomable levels of immaterial wealth based on speculation, causing the value of normal people's actual wealth to decline and have them trapped by financial insecurity and thinking there could be no other option.

The other option is that these divisions have been stoked by certain people in the ruling class to ensure their populations of good obedient workers and consumers are too busy fighting amongst themselves to realize they're all being screwed by the same system that prioritises the interests of folk who already have more money than they could possibly ever spend, especially since the division seems to have grown a lot since Occupy Wallstreet was a thing.

I'm just very aware that it's too easy to see elaborate mastermind plots where human idiocy is the much simpler reason. The internet has had it's advantages, but it happened far faster than we could adapt to (think of how much the printing press changed history, and recognised that it's gradual rollout happened over a much longer span of time), letting us get lost in our own little reaffirming echochambers that further back up our own preconceived worldviews, satisfying our confirmation bias and making our views more and more different from those on the other sides.

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

"I do often wonder if our political divide that keeps the populace distracted and at each other's throats is due to our species inherent tribalism going mad in a world grown huge so suddenly and now facing a lot of hardship because much of life is now wasted in the pursuit of immaterial social constructs.

We spent most of our time as a species in much smaller groups living and functioning in the real absolute world, but here we are living in a world that's grown far faster than we could adapt to, with many people spending much of their lives in jobs that could simply disappear in the morning with not too much of an effect in how the system operates, apart from reducing it's complexity. Many are simply cogs in this vast machine that's been engineered to prioritize the interests of those with unfathomable levels of immaterial wealth based on speculation, causing the value of normal people's actual wealth to decline and have them trapped by financial insecurity and thinking there could be no other option.

The other option is that these divisions have been stoked by certain people in the ruling class to ensure their populations of good obedient workers and consumers are too busy fighting amongst themselves to realize they're all being screwed by the same system that prioritises the interests of folk who already have more money than they could possibly ever spend, especially since the division seems to have grown a lot since Occupy Wallstreet was a thing.

I'm just very aware that it's too easy to see elaborate mastermind plots where human idiocy is the much simpler reason. The internet has had it's advantages, but it happened far faster than we could adapt to (think of how much the printing press changed history, and recognised that it's gradual rollout happened over a much longer span of time), letting us get lost in our own little reaffirming echochambers that further back up our own preconceived worldviews, satisfying our confirmation bias and making our views more and more different from those on the other sides."

You do make some very salient observations. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch of the imagination but I am well versed in a lot of political machinations and the playbook and tools of steering a society. And those tools are in open use everywhere you look. Most are benign, but there are plenty that are not.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Arguing with people on the Internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even if you win the pigeon will take a shit all over the board and fly away.

"Arguing with people on the Internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even if you win the pigeon will take a shit all over the board and fly away. "
lol true

By *appyPandaMan  over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

"I do often wonder if our political divide that keeps the populace distracted and at each other's throats is due to our species inherent tribalism going mad in a world grown huge so suddenly and now facing a lot of hardship because much of life is now wasted in the pursuit of immaterial social constructs.

I'm just very aware that it's too easy to see elaborate mastermind plots where human idiocy is the much simpler reason. The internet has had it's advantages, but it happened far faster than we could adapt to (think of how much the printing press changed history, and recognised that it's gradual rollout happened over a much longer span of time), letting us get lost in our own little reaffirming echochambers that further back up our own preconceived worldviews, satisfying our confirmation bias and making our views more and more different from those on the other sides.

You do make some very salient observations. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch of the imagination but I am well versed in a lot of political machinations and the playbook and tools of steering a society. And those tools are in open use everywhere you look. Most are benign, but there are plenty that are not.

"

Thanks. While I'm not one to trust what self serving hierarchies assert without question (Chomsky's "Manufacturing Consent" is definitely a great read and covered "fake news" long before the term lost it's meaning in today's world), I also don't see the need to invent conspiracies where there are possibly much simpler explanations like how this world we take as absolute being so far removed from the real world we adapted to and has us going a bit nuts in response. We didn't adapt to life on this ancient planet hurtling around the sun at 30km/s to work in jobs we hate where the purpose is for more now immaterial money that's losing its value constantly as the system prioritises amounts we'd never be able to see in reality. Computers and the internet have had their good points, but another of the issues is the digitisation of our currencies based on speculation that we still tend to think of as having absolute value.

I have truly started seeing our current human civilization from an outside point of view as an anthropologist would too, and it's far less frustrating and much more fascinating.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"What is the solution? Social media can be a blessing sometimes. The majority of the time a curse. "

Illegitimi non carborundum xx

"What is the solution? Social media can be a blessing sometimes. The majority of the time a curse.

Illegitimi non carborundum xx"

I wont

» Add a new message to this topic