FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Scottish politicians

Scottish politicians

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *AFKA Hovis OP   Man  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

The last last few days have made me realise I don't know much about the politicians in Scotland. Tej couple I do know led me to think well of them...

Now I'm starting to think they could be worse than some rUK ones !

I'm guessing it's a mixed bunch ... But interested to hear what those north of the border are thinking. Especially the SNP / indeyers... Are you worried you could have a tartan version of the Tory party in a few years ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

My reading of the little I know is that Scottish politics has ended up being dominated by one topic that ultimately does nothing to really improve people's daily lives, which is independence.

So much time, effort and energy is wasted on that, that everything truly useful is only peripheral.

Like Brexit (and it's next substitute immigration) here.

By *illybob12Man  over a year ago

Sunderland

Can the English please please have a vote on Scottish independence

By *arkyp_321Man  over a year ago

East Kilbride

"Can the English please please have a vote on Scottish independence "

Of course you can, I think there’s an English independence party. Wish you all the best ….

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"My reading of the little I know is that Scottish politics has ended up being dominated by one topic that ultimately does nothing to really improve people's daily lives, which is independence.

So much time, effort and energy is wasted on that, that everything truly useful is only peripheral.

Like Brexit (and it's next substitute immigration) here."

Agree (up to the last sentence)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sturgeon and Salmond were the only two Scottish politicians that made Scottish politics relevant within the wider UK.

Without them both now, watch the SNP collapse into infighting and irrelevance. The problem with any political party dominated to such an absolute degree by single personalities is that they inevitably collapse and go through a lot of grief before regrouping into an evolved form and nature.

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"

I'm guessing it's a mixed bunch ... But interested to hear what those north of the border are thinking. Especially the SNP / indeyers... Are you worried you could have a tartan version of the Tory party in a few years ..."

Hell will freeze over before any version of a tory party, tartan or otherwise will govern Scotland

By *landAnnCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

"Can the English please please have a vote on Scottish independence "

--------

How about a vote on English independence?

I have no doubt that IF England decided to become independant... Scotland, Wales & N.Ireland wouldn't even be consulted.

---------

» Add a new message to this topic