FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 15-Minute Cities

15-Minute Cities

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Where is the conspiracy theory nonsense coming from?

I have read the Oxford City Planning document and I am really struggling to see how some people have put two and two together to make seven and then gone online and created conspiracy groups get as many people panicking and making up ever more ludicrous claims.

Where did it stem from and why are people so willing to believe batshit crazy nonsense when the actual document is so easy to find and read?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

The general public are, generally, stupid.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Well the issue tends to be the speed of the change and the fact the public are often not consulted. Nobody likes things forced on them that they don't want. This applies not just to the concept of 15 minute cities but also to other things too. Mass immigration, new build housing locations, Covid policy, etc...

We must admit the idea of not needing a car in a city is a good idea, though this should never apply to rural areas. If their plan is to move people out of rural.areas into cities they can go fuck themselves quite frankly.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Where is the conspiracy theory nonsense coming from?

I have read the Oxford City Planning document and I am really struggling to see how some people have put two and two together to make seven and then gone online and created conspiracy groups get as many people panicking and making up ever more ludicrous claims.

Where did it stem from and why are people so willing to believe batshit crazy nonsense when the actual document is so easy to find and read?"

I can't believe I'm going to say this but, I agree with you!

From what I can gather it stems from lockdown and the US organisation, Heart land institute who released a paper on climate tyranny that outlined a way of locking down people to take control and reduce carbon output, it was think tank paper.

15 minute cities have been mistaken as the state taking that control and reducing movements and freedoms in the same way as the paper.

The reality is more local amenities, and better traffic control, which I think is good.

The conspiracy is being pushed by all the usual suspects, misinformation experts such as Piers Corbyn, Katie Hopkins and the like.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Well the issue tends to be the speed of the change and the fact the public are often not consulted. Nobody likes things forced on them that they don't want. This applies not just to the concept of 15 minute cities but also to other things too. Mass immigration, new build housing locations, Covid policy, etc...

We must admit the idea of not needing a car in a city is a good idea, though this should never apply to rural areas. If their plan is to move people out of rural.areas into cities they can go fuck themselves quite frankly."

Its best to read facts rather than jumping to conclusions.

https://fullfact.org/online/Ealing-15-minute-cities/

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

"Well the issue tends to be the speed of the change and the fact the public are often not consulted. Nobody likes things forced on them that they don't want. This applies not just to the concept of 15 minute cities but also to other things too. Mass immigration, new build housing locations, Covid policy, etc...

We must admit the idea of not needing a car in a city is a good idea, though this should never apply to rural areas. If their plan is to move people out of rural.areas into cities they can go fuck themselves quite frankly.

https://fullfact.org/online/Ealing-15-minute-cities/"

Of course people won't be stopped from leaving their area by car, they just won't be let back in that's all.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought '15 minute cities' was rhyming slang for boobs.

Get your 15 minute cities out for the lads etc....

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"I thought '15 minute cities' was rhyming slang for boobs.

Get your 15 minute cities out for the lads etc.... "

Good to seeing things get put in perspective!

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

https://fullfact.org/online/Ealing-15-minute-cities/"

What precisely made you think we jumped to any conclusions? We said they sound like a good idea in principal. Put your autism away will you?

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Charming!

» Add a new message to this topic