FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Tenant Vs landlord

Tenant Vs landlord

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man 50 weeks ago

nr faversham

I don't like the latest plans. Seems to be loaded in favour of rentors. Owners will get fed up with this and stop letting which will only serve to reduce the amount of letting property

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *astandFeistyCouple 50 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Can't agree with this. A lot of landlords take the absolute piss out of renters. Agents too.

Renters have very little protection.

As far as there being less property available, what's going to happen to them? Landlords will sell up?

nr faversham

[Removed by poster at 17/05/23 22:00:42]

nr faversham

"Can't agree with this. A lot of landlords take the absolute piss out of renters. Agents too.

As far as there being less property available, what's going to happen to them? Landlords will sell up?"

And where's the protection for the landlord? It's far more 50/50 than is made out

By (user no longer on site) 50 weeks ago

Too true. Rents are going to shoot up, and landlords will start dumping properties which will suppress the owned housing market. Maybe that's the plan.

Bad news for everyone. Not sure what the Tories are thinking. They seem to be determined to wipe themselves out at the next election. Gove particularly seems to be totally out of touch.

Bournemouth

"Can't agree with this. A lot of landlords take the absolute piss out of renters. Agents too.

As far as there being less property available, what's going to happen to them? Landlords will sell up?

And where's the protection for the landlord? It's far more 50/50 than is made out"

A landlord can evict a tenant under section 21 currently. They can also buy insurance to protect against rent arrears and malicious damage.

At the end of the day, a landlord is running a business, they take the risks associated with business.

nr faversham

And where's the protection for the landlord? It's far more 50/50 than is made out

A landlord can evict a tenant under section 21 currently. They can also buy insurance to protect against rent arrears and malicious damage.

At the end of the day, a landlord is running a business, they take the risks associated with business."

As I understand it you cannot make someone knowingly homeless. And the S21 is on the way out under the new proposal. It's too heavily weighted one way instead of fairness

Bournemouth

At the end of the day, a landlord is running a business, they take the risks associated with business.

As I understand it you cannot make someone knowingly homeless. And the S21 is on the way out under the new proposal. It's too heavily weighted one way instead of fairness "

S21 doesn't take into account where you're going afterwards. You are right it's on its way out and I'm glad to see the back of it.

Landlords will still have ample different reasons for repossession of a property.

nr faversham

As I understand it you cannot make someone knowingly homeless. And the S21 is on the way out under the new proposal. It's too heavily weighted one way instead of fairness

S21 doesn't take into account where you're going afterwards. You are right it's on its way out and I'm glad to see the back of it.

Landlords will still have ample different reasons for repossession of a property."

We'll have to disagree

Bournemouth

Landlords will still have ample different reasons for repossession of a property.

We'll have to disagree "

You've mentioned that the new legislation is too heavily weighted in favour of the tenant. How so?

By *otVixenWhiteStagCouple 50 weeks ago

Preston

I don't think landlords have too much to worry about, new Tory plans are to move immigrants from hotels into private rented accommodation, so even less rented accommodation available, and no doubt even higher rents.

By *addad99Man 50 weeks ago

Rotherham /newquay

"I don't like the latest plans. Seems to be loaded in favour of rentors. Owners will get fed up with this and stop letting which will only serve to reduce the amount of letting property "
there is always a loop hole believe me yes things needed changing especially as can take months before you can evict which is wrong if a week late then should be able to kick them out straight away.

Rotherham /newquay

"Too true. Rents are going to shoot up, and landlords will start dumping properties which will suppress the owned housing market. Maybe that's the plan.

Bad news for everyone. Not sure what the Tories are thinking. They seem to be determined to wipe themselves out at the next election. Gove particularly seems to be totally out of touch."

just rent them without doing it legally cash at the door each month simples

Bournemouth

"Too true. Rents are going to shoot up, and landlords will start dumping properties which will suppress the owned housing market. Maybe that's the plan.

Bad news for everyone. Not sure what the Tories are thinking. They seem to be determined to wipe themselves out at the next election. Gove particularly seems to be totally out of touch. just rent them without doing it legally cash at the door each month simples"

Accept cash and kick them out on the spot if they're one week late??

How exactly do you prove they're late if you're taking cash?

Tbh, you sound like a rogue landlord with those statements.

Rotherham /newquay

[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 13:23:43]

Rotherham /newquay

Bad news for everyone. Not sure what the Tories are thinking. They seem to be determined to wipe themselves out at the next election. Gove particularly seems to be totally out of touch. just rent them without doing it legally cash at the door each month simples

Tbh, you sound like a rogue landlord with those statements."

rogue what ever I was fully legal but believe me I understand why some don't just easier to collect each month than after go to court more cost months later still living in your property id just send lads round kick them out more and more are doing it I no loads that do it I wouldn't say they were bad landlords just looking after there interest.

Bournemouth

Bad news for everyone. Not sure what the Tories are thinking. They seem to be determined to wipe themselves out at the next election. Gove particularly seems to be totally out of touch. just rent them without doing it legally cash at the door each month simples

Tbh, you sound like a rogue landlord with those statements. rogue what ever I was fully legal but believe me I understand why some don't just easier to collect each month than after go to court more cost months later still living in your property id just send lads round kick them out more and more are doing it I no loads that do it I wouldn't say they were bad landlords just looking after there interest."

Looking after their interests illegally. As I said, landlords are running a business, businesses have risks. They also have rules.

But fuck that, just send the boys round.

Rotherham /newquay

Tbh, you sound like a rogue landlord with those statements. rogue what ever I was fully legal but believe me I understand why some don't just easier to collect each month than after go to court more cost months later still living in your property id just send lads round kick them out more and more are doing it I no loads that do it I wouldn't say they were bad landlords just looking after there interest.

Looking after their interests illegally. As I said, landlords are running a business, businesses have risks. They also have rules.

But fuck that, just send the boys round."

yep if you're a cunt why not yes it's a business but do you know a company that would Carry on losing money just so it's clients can trade no so no different if you don't pay or treat it or anti social why shouldn't they be kicked straight out.

By *otMe66Man 50 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Tbh, you sound like a rogue landlord with those statements. rogue what ever I was fully legal but believe me I understand why some don't just easier to collect each month than after go to court more cost months later still living in your property id just send lads round kick them out more and more are doing it I no loads that do it I wouldn't say they were bad landlords just looking after there interest."

How are these landlords getting insurance if it is all cash in hand?

How does a tenant have any rights if they’re not being recorded as living there?

Gas inspections and so forth, are they happening?

Why do people agree to this?

Bournemouth

Tbh, you sound like a rogue landlord with those statements. rogue what ever I was fully legal but believe me I understand why some don't just easier to collect each month than after go to court more cost months later still living in your property id just send lads round kick them out more and more are doing it I no loads that do it I wouldn't say they were bad landlords just looking after there interest.

But fuck that, just send the boys round.yep if you're a cunt why not yes it's a business but do you know a company that would Carry on losing money just so it's clients can trade no so no different if you don't pay or treat it or anti social why shouldn't they be kicked straight out."

A normal company would use their legal rights to recover property or money.

Your attitude is exactly the reason tenant's need protection

Rotherham /newquay

They don't have rights but nothing stopping you get gas electric certs most landlords have contacts nothing says there not good landlords just government doesn't no and no tax but things are changing most councils now have to register who owns houses so eventually they can tax you as second homes.or do what I did and put in kids and grandkids names I have friends that own about 300 or more as well as abroad no different.

Rotherham /newquay

But fuck that, just send the boys round.yep if you're a cunt why not yes it's a business but do you know a company that would Carry on losing money just so it's clients can trade no so no different if you don't pay or treat it or anti social why shouldn't they be kicked straight out.

Your attitude is exactly the reason tenant's need protection"

haha a normal company believe me they would if they could if the tenant paid wouldn't need to but let's just worry about the scum tenant that has no intention of paying .

Terra Firma

"They don't have rights but nothing stopping you get gas electric certs most landlords have contacts nothing says there not good landlords just government doesn't no and no tax but things are changing most councils now have to register who owns houses so eventually they can tax you as second homes.or do what I did and put in kids and grandkids names I have friends that own about 300 or more as well as abroad no different."

I’m going to be honest, the people who are going to go this route are going to ones that need more support, help and not be living in fear of the boys coming round!

Allowing no rights to people who want a roof over their head and are paying for it is low, I mean really low. I do hope that any tenants you and your friends may have find somewhere safe to live and the council authorities in your area catch on to you sharpish.

I find it hard to feel any sympathy for those who earn a living simply on the basis of owning an additional property. A luxury which many people under the age of 40-45 will never have.

Bournemouth

But fuck that, just send the boys round.yep if you're a cunt why not yes it's a business but do you know a company that would Carry on losing money just so it's clients can trade no so no different if you don't pay or treat it or anti social why shouldn't they be kicked straight out.

Your attitude is exactly the reason tenant's need protection haha a normal company believe me they would if they could if the tenant paid wouldn't need to but let's just worry about the scum tenant that has no intention of paying ."

I'm glad you think it's funny that there are real people out there with every intention of paying who may fall on hard times will have to worry about the boys coming round.

If it worries you so much, sell up.

We have a housing crisis in this country, that can only be solved by radical means. Social housing must be built, and lots of it. LOTS of it. New laws should restrict the number of properties that can be owned by an individual or company, and rent caps should be enforced.

Rotherham /newquay

Your attitude is exactly the reason tenant's need protection haha a normal company believe me they would if they could if the tenant paid wouldn't need to but let's just worry about the scum tenant that has no intention of paying .

I'm glad you think it's funny that there are real people out there with every intention of paying who may fall on hard times will have to worry about the boys coming round.

If it worries you so much, sell up."

what I do find funny is how many people think it's ok if people don't pay im not taking o im a bit short this month im talking about those that have no intention of paying as you have said it's a business not a charity and I've sold or don't rent out my houses anymore few retail units but there different.

Bournemouth

Your attitude is exactly the reason tenant's need protection haha a normal company believe me they would if they could if the tenant paid wouldn't need to but let's just worry about the scum tenant that has no intention of paying .

If it worries you so much, sell up. what I do find funny is how many people think it's ok if people don't pay im not taking o im a bit short this month im talking about those that have no intention of paying as you have said it's a business not a charity and I've sold or don't rent out my houses anymore few retail units but there different."

I didn't say it was OK, I said use legal routes. If you weren't insured against non payment then I'm afraid I have no sympathy.

Rotherham /newquay

"We have a housing crisis in this country, that can only be solved by radical means. Social housing must be built, and lots of it. LOTS of it. New laws should restrict the number of properties that can be owned by an individual or company, and rent caps should be enforced. "
why as to what benefits

Rotherham /newquay

If it worries you so much, sell up. what I do find funny is how many people think it's ok if people don't pay im not taking o im a bit short this month im talking about those that have no intention of paying as you have said it's a business not a charity and I've sold or don't rent out my houses anymore few retail units but there different.

I didn't say it was OK, I said use legal routes. If you weren't insured against non payment then I'm afraid I have no sympathy."

I was fully insured but why should I claim just because some scum doesn't want to pay there rent im all for making rogue landlords accountable but it's turning good ones into bad because of not paying.

Bournemouth

If it worries you so much, sell up. what I do find funny is how many people think it's ok if people don't pay im not taking o im a bit short this month im talking about those that have no intention of paying as you have said it's a business not a charity and I've sold or don't rent out my houses anymore few retail units but there different.

I didn't say it was OK, I said use legal routes. If you weren't insured against non payment then I'm afraid I have no sympathy.I was fully insured but why should I claim just because some scum doesn't want to pay there rent im all for making rogue landlords accountable but it's turning good ones into bad because of not paying."

People not paying is not turning anyone bad. That's just an excuse.

You are running a business and you take the associated risks. Either that or you get out of the business.

There's really no more to it than that.

Tbh, you use words like scum, cunt etc and want to 'send the boys round', that's not someone who knows how to do business in my book.

BTW, why are you 'sending the boys' and not going yourself?

Rotherham /newquay

"I find it hard to feel any sympathy for those who earn a living simply on the basis of owning an additional property. A luxury which many people under the age of 40-45 will never have.

"

don't need sympathy nothing wrong in upping yourself I left school at 15 no education started working bought first house at 20 so why should I let someone move in and not pay id rather leave them empty

Rotherham /newquay

I didn't say it was OK, I said use legal routes. If you weren't insured against non payment then I'm afraid I have no sympathy.I was fully insured but why should I claim just because some scum doesn't want to pay there rent im all for making rogue landlords accountable but it's turning good ones into bad because of not paying.

You are running a business and you take the associated risks. Either that or you get out of the business.

Tbh, you use words like scum, cunt etc and want to 'send the boys round', that's not someone who knows how to do business in my book.

BTW, why are you 'sending the boys' and not going yourself?"

I don't get my hands dirty anymore before you start moaning I've never sent anyone I've not had to but if it came to it I would after all alleys had been used.

"I find it hard to feel any sympathy for those who earn a living simply on the basis of owning an additional property. A luxury which many people under the age of 40-45 will never have.

don't need sympathy nothing wrong in upping yourself I left school at 15 no education started working bought first house at 20 so why should I let someone move in and not pay id rather leave them empty "

So because you benefitted from cheaper housing which younger generations will never have, you’re content to pull the ladder up behind you? This country is fucked by greed.

Everyone works hard for a living. But todays youth will never have it as good as the boomers and Gen-X

Bournemouth

I didn't say it was OK, I said use legal routes. If you weren't insured against non payment then I'm afraid I have no sympathy.I was fully insured but why should I claim just because some scum doesn't want to pay there rent im all for making rogue landlords accountable but it's turning good ones into bad because of not paying.

BTW, why are you 'sending the boys' and not going yourself?I don't get my hands dirty anymore before you start moaning I've never sent anyone I've not had to but if it came to it I would after all alleys had been used."

Oh I'm not moaning, just think it's a bit soft getting others to do your dirty work.

Terra Firma

BTW, why are you 'sending the boys' and not going yourself?I don't get my hands dirty anymore before you start moaning I've never sent anyone I've not had to but if it came to it I would after all alleys had been used."

One thing I’ve learnt over the years, those that talk of sending the boys round are fantasists. Just saying

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 20:26:39]

Terra Firma

don't need sympathy nothing wrong in upping yourself I left school at 15 no education started working bought first house at 20 so why should I let someone move in and not pay id rather leave them empty

So because you benefitted from cheaper housing which younger generations will never have, you’re content to pull the ladder up behind you? This country is fucked by greed.

Everyone works hard for a living. But todays youth will never have it as good as the boomers and Gen-X"

I had a house I rented out. I had tenants for 11 years and I never increased their rent, they were able to save a deposit when they got to year 5 or 6 I think they said. I had tenants for 18 months that destroyed the kitchen, every door and, well the list goes on that cost me thousands to put right and legal fees.

I then had another long term renter who looked after the property beautifully, I setup all the emergency repairs in her name so she could deal with them directly, it gave her control of the property. I also increased the rent to the new market value and only increased the rent 3 times over the ten years. She too, managed to sort a deposit and moved on to buy. I then sold 18 months ago, I lost a considerable amount in capital gains!

Not all landlords are the same and bad landlords in my opinion are the lowest of the low! Allowing someone to live in a property as their own was important to me, because if I was them I would want that too. I earned my money to invest in a property and I used my buying power to help those who simply didn’t have the ability to buy. I also made money, win win as they say.

[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 21:00:18]

The average house price in the U.K is now 10 times the average salary. Property ownership is one of the key factors in wealth disparity. Those fortunate enough to own property are at an immense advantage over those who are unable to do so, with rental prices now essentially removing the ability for people to ever save a deposit of their own - thus locking them into the rental market for their entire life.

By *rLibertineMan 50 weeks ago

North Suffolk

"We have a housing crisis in this country, that can only be solved by radical means. Social housing must be built, and lots of it. LOTS of it. New laws should restrict the number of properties that can be owned by an individual or company, and rent caps should be enforced. "

Agree there is a significant need to build new homes and affordable homes lots of them! But it’s not easy. Rent caps can depress investment and upgrading of properties but agree it needs detailed review and should be in place for affordable units.

Renters need more protection so I agree with the new stuff! Over the past 4 years I had an awful landlord, refused to do work and she was going back and forth saying she's selling then not etc. I was served a sec 21 notice; (anyone who's been in this situation knows how stressful it is. The landlords on your case telling you to get out, the council are saying put, you're stuck in the middle. Then if the landlord has to apply for possession the tenant is lumbered with the fees (despite the council saying stay put or they won't help you). Thankfully I was housed quickly and didn't get to thar stage; however! So many people are in that limbo not knowing where they're going to live etc all because a landlord either wants the house back to rent for more money, wants to sell or wants to rent to a tenant that'll put up with the bullshit.

Tenants need to be protected, especially with the current housing crisis.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 50 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

People who currently rent out a second home or two will probably just sell up to bigger housing agencies. That's likely the real goal.

"I don't like the latest plans. Seems to be loaded in favour of rentors. Owners will get fed up with this and stop letting which will only serve to reduce the amount of letting property "

It has always been hard to evict a Tennant, making section 21 the way to go for landlords in essence section 21 was a scare tactic and only a judge can evict a Tennant from their home, and the advice was never leave unless bailiffs remove you.

So to hear the lobbying has finally worked is good news, to make a person homeless due to money is grossed and rightly so made harder for the landlord to evict is a good thing IMO

Rotherham /newquay

BTW, why are you 'sending the boys' and not going yourself?I don't get my hands dirty anymore before you start moaning I've never sent anyone I've not had to but if it came to it I would after all alleys had been used.

One thing I’ve learnt over the years, those that talk of sending the boys round are fantasists. Just saying "

haha we are on a fantasy site

By *ay40Man 49 weeks ago

Kinross

As far as there being less property available, what's going to happen to them? Landlords will sell up?"

This is already happening in Scotland, SNP made this ruling to protect tenants

Some tenants have stopped paying rent and even then, the Landlords cannot evict

By *bernathCouple 49 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

Tenant Vs Landlord - sound like a reality tv show on Channel 5

By *assy LassieWoman 49 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

This is already happening in Scotland, SNP made this ruling to protect tenants

Some tenants have stopped paying rent and even then, the Landlords cannot evict

"

You seem to be very blinkered on the housing sector in Scotland. I have worked in social housing for 30 years and also a private landlord for 15 years. Tenants are very well protected in Scotland. As they should be.

Landlords have many tools available for debt recovery if you understand the housing system. Unfortunately rogue landlords profiteering from people's basic right to shelter is where it falls down and these types should be removed from the sector.

Scotland has better regulation of landlords... anyone who thinks this is a bad thing needs to give their head a wobble.

Folk who use rentals as a quick money maker are in the wrong game.

» Add a new message to this topic