FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The Blob

The Blob

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple 48 weeks ago

North West

Who are they? What is the motivation of the blob?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman 48 weeks ago

Leeds

Seems like nobody knows the answer.

By *otVixenWhiteStagCouple 48 weeks ago

Preston

A section of the Conservative Party explains recent events as a coordinated coup by what they call the “blob”: a mass of pathetic, left-leaning, Remain-supporting functionaries trying to block the government's agenda.

Gove has been using this term more and more , incapable of using any other language , hope this helps.

By *allySlinkyWoman 48 weeks ago

Leeds

"

Gove has been using this term more and more , incapable of using any other language , hope this helps."

Thank you. When I Googled it I just found The Film.

Is it the Blob who stopped the animal protection bill ?

By *irldnCouple 48 weeks ago

Brighton

It doesn’t exist. It is a figment of the collective (coordinated) memory of the Tory Party. It is their inability to accept the actual role of the Civil Service to advise on legality and impact of proposed Govt policy by undertaking due diligence and impact assessments that may not give the answer the Govt wants. It has been made worse over the past few years because the Executive is populated by arrogant narcissistic entitled feet stampers.

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

"It doesn’t exist. It is a figment of the collective (coordinated) memory of the Tory Party. It is their inability to accept the actual role of the Civil Service to advise on legality and impact of proposed Govt policy by undertaking due diligence and impact assessments that may not give the answer the Govt wants. It has been made worse over the past few years because the Executive is populated by arrogant narcissistic entitled feet stampers. "

"Advise on legality and impact of proposed Govt policy by undertaking due diligence and impact assessments that may not give the answer the Govt want"

I.e. substitute their own political opinions for those of the elected government.

Thank you for clarifying what the blob is.

Brighton

"It doesn’t exist. It is a figment of the collective (coordinated) memory of the Tory Party. It is their inability to accept the actual role of the Civil Service to advise on legality and impact of proposed Govt policy by undertaking due diligence and impact assessments that may not give the answer the Govt wants. It has been made worse over the past few years because the Executive is populated by arrogant narcissistic entitled feet stampers.

"Advise on legality and impact of proposed Govt policy by undertaking due diligence and impact assessments that may not give the answer the Govt want"

I.e. substitute their own political opinions for those of the elected government.

Thank you for clarifying what the blob is."

Oh dear you swallowed the bollocks! The Civil Service is apolitical and serves the Govt of the day. They provide unfiltered evidence based on analysis of the positive and/or negative impact of policies that are being developed. The Govt takes that advice and determines whether to proceed. If they proceed they have to take a bill to parliament to be voted on. That bill comes with the supplementary evidence of impact assessments to allow for scrutiny by MPs.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan 48 weeks ago

here

Bloody Lazy Obstinate Bureaucrats

"Who are they? What is the motivation of the blob?"

The blob is a made up entity used by the government to fool the feeble minded that they are to blame for their failures . It used to be the EU , now it’s the blob asylum seekers , lefties, and the woke

"It doesn’t exist. It is a figment of the collective (coordinated) memory of the Tory Party. It is their inability to accept the actual role of the Civil Service to advise on legality and impact of proposed Govt policy by undertaking due diligence and impact assessments that may not give the answer the Govt wants. It has been made worse over the past few years because the Executive is populated by arrogant narcissistic entitled feet stampers.

Oh dear you swallowed the bollocks! The Civil Service is apolitical and serves the Govt of the day. They provide unfiltered evidence based on analysis of the positive and/or negative impact of policies that are being developed. The Govt takes that advice and determines whether to proceed. If they proceed they have to take a bill to parliament to be voted on. That bill comes with the supplementary evidence of impact assessments to allow for scrutiny by MPs."

Yes I'm sure the thread will be full of comments from left wing public sector workers denying that public sector workers are politically biased.

Oh dear you swallowed the bollocks! The Civil Service is apolitical and serves the Govt of the day. They provide unfiltered evidence based on analysis of the positive and/or negative impact of policies that are being developed. The Govt takes that advice and determines whether to proceed. If they proceed they have to take a bill to parliament to be voted on. That bill comes with the supplementary evidence of impact assessments to allow for scrutiny by MPs.

Yes I'm sure the thread will be full of comments from left wing public sector workers denying that public sector workers are politically biased."

If right wingers weren’t so uneducated and ignorant then they would be able to get a job in the civil service

Yes I'm sure the thread will be full of comments from left wing public sector workers denying that public sector workers are politically biased.

If right wingers weren’t so uneducated and ignorant then they would be able to get a job in the civil service "

Hysterical. Nobody right wing would bother applying. Why would anyone with any intelligence or ability want to spend their days surrounded by left wing dullards whose main goal in life is to do no work and to stop anything being achieved.

Brighton

Yes I'm sure the thread will be full of comments from left wing public sector workers denying that public sector workers are politically biased."

I am neither left wing or a public sector worker. The blob doesn’t exist as per my explanations.

The vast majority of Permanent Secretaries are actually blue tie wearing old etonians (or went to another of the “right schools”).

If right wingers weren’t so uneducated and ignorant then they would be able to get a job in the civil service

Hysterical. Nobody right wing would bother applying. Why would anyone with any intelligence or ability want to spend their days surrounded by left wing dullards whose main goal in life is to do no work and to stop anything being achieved."

They aren’t intelligent enough, btw, if the blob exists, why haven’t the tories dealt with it in the last 13 years? Only the feeble minded think that the ‘blob’ is responsible fur the numerous government failures

Brighton

Hysterical. Nobody right wing would bother applying. Why would anyone with any intelligence or ability want to spend their days surrounded by left wing dullards whose main goal in life is to do no work and to stop anything being achieved."

Oh dear you actually do not know what you are talking about

By *otMe66Man 48 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Hysterical. Nobody right wing would bother applying. Why would anyone with any intelligence or ability want to spend their days surrounded by left wing dullards whose main goal in life is to do no work and to stop anything being achieved."

Signed

Dominic Raab

Tolley report April 2023

By *astandFeistyCouple 48 weeks ago

Bournemouth

I am neither left wing or a public sector worker. The blob doesn’t exist as per my explanations.

The vast majority of Permanent Secretaries are actually blue tie wearing old etonians (or went to another of the “right schools”)."

You said above they were apolitical

Brighton

The vast majority of Permanent Secretaries are actually blue tie wearing old etonians (or went to another of the “right schools”).

You said above they were apolitical "

I said the Civil Service is apolitical. Not possible to say about individuals. The point on Permanent Secretaries is that by background they very much fit the same mould as Tory MPs so the concept that they would somehow block the Tory Govt policies is completely laughable. It also shows complete ignorance on how govt actually works in the UK.

Despite the narrow demographic that most Perm Secs come from, you never has the Labour Govt blaming something like “the blob”. It is a made up bogeyman. A scapegoat when whacko ill-conceived policies of the current govt are robustly challenged with facts.

Bournemouth

I said the Civil Service is apolitical. Not possible to say about individuals. The point on Permanent Secretaries is that by background they very much fit the same mould as Tory MPs so the concept that they would somehow block the Tory Govt policies is completely laughable. It also shows complete ignorance on how govt actually works in the UK.

Despite the narrow demographic that most Perm Secs come from, you never has the Labour Govt blaming something like “the blob”. It is a made up bogeyman. A scapegoat when whacko ill-conceived policies of the current govt are robustly challenged with facts."

I was being facetious

Despite the narrow demographic that most Perm Secs come from, you never has the Labour Govt blaming something like “the blob”. It is a made up bogeyman. A scapegoat when whacko ill-conceived policies of the current govt are robustly challenged with facts."

I think you mean "robustly challenged by people with a different political opinion who are determined to stifle any action for their own political ends".

Brighton

Despite the narrow demographic that most Perm Secs come from, you never has the Labour Govt blaming something like “the blob”. It is a made up bogeyman. A scapegoat when whacko ill-conceived policies of the current govt are robustly challenged with facts.

I was being facetious "

I know. I am playing to the gallery (for those at the back who don’t actually know how things work in UK govt)

Brighton

I think you mean "robustly challenged by people with a different political opinion who are determined to stifle any action for their own political ends"."

Absolutely categorically not! I meant exactly what I said. Just as Ministers are supposed to be bound by the Ministerial Code so too are Civil Servants bound by the Civil Service Code. They are highly professional and take their role very seriously. That includes providing fact-based impartial evidence on the pros and cons of proposed govt policy before it gets to bill stage.

It isn’t the fault of the Civil Service when Ministers presented with unfavourable impact assessments throw their toys out of the pram because someone won’t lie or massage the figures so they can have more chance of getting their pet bill through parliament.

I think you mean "robustly challenged by people with a different political opinion who are determined to stifle any action for their own political ends".

Absolutely categorically not! I meant exactly what I said. Just as Ministers are supposed to be bound by the Ministerial Code so too are Civil Servants bound by the Civil Service Code. They are highly professional and take their role very seriously. That includes providing fact-based impartial evidence on the pros and cons of proposed govt policy before it gets to bill stage.

It isn’t the fault of the Civil Service when Ministers presented with unfavourable impact assessments throw their toys out of the pram because someone won’t lie or massage the figures so they can have more chance of getting their pet bill through parliament."

You are just naive if you think that people can't bias a supposedly objective report or analysis with their own political opinions.

Brighton

It isn’t the fault of the Civil Service when Ministers presented with unfavourable impact assessments throw their toys out of the pram because someone won’t lie or massage the figures so they can have more chance of getting their pet bill through parliament.

You are just naive if you think that people can't bias a supposedly objective report or analysis with their own political opinions. "

You are naive if you do not think there are sufficient check and balances and due diligence in place to specifically address any chance of bias from individuals! Seriously, the conspiracy you think is happening just isn’t.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan 48 weeks ago

here

Conspiracy? Nah…

“Just one more thing”… Rachel Reeves's husband,Nicolas Joicey, works in the Cabinet Office. Guardian journalist Pippa Crerar's husband, Tom Whitehead, works in the. Abomey Office. ITV News Editor Paul Brand's husband, Joe Cuddeford, works in the Cabinet Office.

Brighton

"Conspiracy? Nah…

“Just one more thing”… Rachel Reeves's husband,Nicolas Joicey, works in the Cabinet Office. Guardian journalist Pippa Crerar's husband, Tom Whitehead, works in the. Abomey Office. ITV News Editor Paul Brand's husband, Joe Cuddeford, works in the Cabinet Office.

"

Yep and if I could be bothered I could wheel out an equally long list of those from the other side of the political spectrum. There is a revolving door of nepotism at the top of govt and civil service.

You are just naive if you think that people can't bias a supposedly objective report or analysis with their own political opinions. "

They are shit at their job, it’s the blobs fault

They are bullies, it’s the blobs fault .

It amazing how people fall for this

Brighton

You are just naive if you think that people can't bias a supposedly objective report or analysis with their own political opinions.

It amazing how people fall for this "

Egotistical, arrogant, entitle, foot stampers always need a scapegoat/bogeyman. Blamed the EU for years but that boat has sailed so they invented the “blob”.

Terra Firma

Egotistical, arrogant, entitle, foot stampers always need a scapegoat/bogeyman. Blamed the EU for years but that boat has sailed so they invented the “blob”."

Scapegoats such as Johnson, Truss, Braverman and ERG for the "Egotistical, arrogant, entitle, foot stampers"

Brighton

Egotistical, arrogant, entitle, foot stampers always need a scapegoat/bogeyman. Blamed the EU for years but that boat has sailed so they invented the “blob”.

Scapegoats such as Johnson, Truss, Braverman and ERG for the "Egotistical, arrogant, entitle, foot stampers" "

Nah they are all just cunts

I know you are joking but no sane person could ever describe Johnson or Truss as a scapegoat!

Scapegoats such as Johnson, Truss, Braverman and ERG for the "Egotistical, arrogant, entitle, foot stampers" "

Johnson partied, broke covid rules, blobs fault

Truss crashed the economy, blobs fault

Terra Firma

Scapegoats such as Johnson, Truss, Braverman and ERG for the "Egotistical, arrogant, entitle, foot stampers"

Truss crashed the economy, blobs fault "

Maybe we should outsource

Maybe we should outsource "

Shit Brexit , blobs fault

High inflation , blobs fault

High food prices , blobs fault

Brighton

Maybe we should outsource "

Well both you and I would benefit from outsourcing but when the Govt doesn’t get what they want (or we are not prepared to lie about impact assessments) we would become part of The Blob pt2!

Bournemouth

Can someone answer something for me?

You're all blaming individual people for individual events. No problem with that.

However, apparently they're all puppets, if that's the case, why are you blaming them?

Brighton

"Can someone answer something for me?

You're all blaming individual people for individual events. No problem with that.

However, apparently they're all puppets, if that's the case, why are you blaming them?"

I don’t blame Truss individually. She is the marionette face for her Tufton St puppetmasters.

Terra Firma

Well both you and I would benefit from outsourcing but when the Govt doesn’t get what they want (or we are not prepared to lie about impact assessments) we would become part of The Blob pt2!"

Blob 2 could be far more effective in dealing with things if the E2E process was looked at with a fresh set of eyes.

I'm not sure we need Whitehall civil servants on standby to answer how much a can of beans cost in 1978. We could take the role out of Whitehall be remote and anonymous.

Obviously have a line of civil service overlooking the whole thing to ensure it is delivering as per requirement.

Brighton

Well both you and I would benefit from outsourcing but when the Govt doesn’t get what they want (or we are not prepared to lie about impact assessments) we would become part of The Blob pt2!

Blob 2 could be far more effective in dealing with things if the E2E process was looked at with a fresh set of eyes.

I'm not sure we need Whitehall civil servants on standby to answer how much a can of beans cost in 1978. We could take the role out of Whitehall be remote and anonymous.

Obviously have a line of civil service overlooking the whole thing to ensure it is delivering as per requirement."

As long as the day rates are high enough then they can call us Blob2

Terra Firma

Obviously have a line of civil service overlooking the whole thing to ensure it is delivering as per requirement.

As long as the day rates are high enough then they can call us Blob2"

£1500 for our roles, it's coming out the public purse they can afford us

Joking people.... £1250

Bournemouth

"Can someone answer something for me?

However, apparently they're all puppets, if that's the case, why are you blaming them?

I don’t blame Truss individually. She is the marionette face for her Tufton St puppetmasters. "

Fair enough, having read back, you haven't said individually.

» Add a new message to this topic