"

Germexit?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irldnCouple 49 weeks ago

Brighton

"London takes global tech capital crown from New York

"

And Oxford is placed 7th

Asia/Pacific cities dropping due to concerns over China and Taiwan.

By *orleyman OP   Man 49 weeks ago

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

Asia/Pacific cities dropping due to concerns over China and Taiwan."

Yes Oxford has done very well in this area because of the status of its uni and has been a hub for a fair while.

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

And Oxford is placed 7th

Yes Oxford has done very well in this area because of the status of its uni and has been a hub for a fair while."

What is ‘germexit’?

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

Yes Oxford has done very well in this area because of the status of its uni and has been a hub for a fair while.

What is ‘germexit’? "

It's an ironic term used on social media because every negative headline on tbe uk is always blamed on brexit.

So what people tend to do ( as I have done) is highlight that when a negative occurrence happens on tbe continent as it has done with Germany being in recession. It must be down to Germany exiting the e.u (being facetious) and saying did Germany germexit.

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’? "

It’s like Frexit and Italexit and Spexit and Nederlexit and all the other countries that have been mooted as leaving the EU despite support for the bloc generally growing or maintaining level in all member nations.

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It's an ironic term used on social media because every negative headline on tbe uk is always blamed on brexit.

So what people tend to do ( as I have done) is highlight that when a negative occurrence happens on tbe continent as it has done with Germany being in recession. It must be down to Germany exiting the e.u (being facetious) and saying did Germany germexit."

Germany is only one country in the EU

Germany has suffered because of Brexit

I don’t think this is the ‘win’ you think it is

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

So what people tend to do ( as I have done) is highlight that when a negative occurrence happens on tbe continent as it has done with Germany being in recession. It must be down to Germany exiting the e.u (being facetious) and saying did Germany germexit.

I don’t think this is the ‘win’ you think it is "

It is.

By *otMe66Man 49 weeks ago

Terra Firma

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

"

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

"

Germany and the UK both suffering because of Brexit is a good thing ?

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Germany and the UK both suffering because of Brexit is a good thing ? "

Whybis Germany suffering because of Brexit to the point its doing worse than the uk that exited?

Was it so reliant on uk ?

If we needed to stay in tk prop.up germanys economy the (powerhouse) of the e.u. it doesn't say much for the e.u

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Whybis Germany suffering because of Brexit to the point its doing worse than the uk that exited?

If we needed to stay in tk prop.up germanys economy the (powerhouse) of the e.u. it doesn't say much for the e.u "

Brexit is costing the U.K. circa 100billion per year in lost output alone. Brexit has categorically not impacted Germany worse than us.

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

If we needed to stay in tk prop.up germanys economy the (powerhouse) of the e.u. it doesn't say much for the e.u "

The EU (especially Germany) was weakened when the UK left the EU, I thought you would have know this ? The UK was also weakened, why is this classed as Brexit benefit ?

Terra Firma

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

If we needed to stay in tk prop.up germanys economy the (powerhouse) of the e.u. it doesn't say much for the e.u

Brexit is costing the U.K. circa 100billion per year in lost output alone. Brexit has categorically not impacted Germany worse than us."

Is costing or will cost?

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Brexit is costing the U.K. circa 100billion per year in lost output alone. Brexit has categorically not impacted Germany worse than us.

Is costing or will cost?"

Both

By *astandFeistyCouple 49 weeks ago

Bournemouth

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing according to 2 Bloomberg economists. Can't see anyone using that figure though.

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Brexit is costing the U.K. circa 100billion per year in lost output alone. Brexit has categorically not impacted Germany worse than us."

We've been over this in the threads. It isn't. You are parroting headlines that incorrectly read a report

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing. Indeed Brexit has already cost us more than 47 years of membership.

Terra Firma

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

Is costing according to 2 Bloomberg economists. Can't see anyone using that figure though."

I think this another "forecast on growth" so probably wrong but makes a good headline for the negative.

Terra Firma

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

"

The divorce bill and growth estimates?

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

"

If we habe grown more than Germany since 2016.

How is that possible?

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

We've been over this in the threads. It isn't. You are parroting headlines that incorrectly read a report "

We have indeed discussed the merits of experts vs Joe Public.

I’m on the side of economic experts. Just as I’m on the side of well trained doctors when I need an operation, or well trained pilots when I go on holiday.

Experts are experts for a reason.

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

We've been over this in the threads. It isn't. You are parroting headlines that incorrectly read a report

I’m on the side of economic experts. Just as I’m on the side of well trained doctors when I need an operation, or well trained pilots when I go on holiday.

Experts are experts for a reason."

Experts who get things demonstrably wrong vs Joe public?

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Experts who get things demonstrably wrong vs Joe public?"

Why aren’t you a famous and respected Economist?

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?"

Brexit negatively effected Germany as well, what about using the whole of the EU as an accurate comparison

Bournemouth

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Brexit negatively effected Germany as well, what about using the whole of the EU as an accurate comparison "

Why would using the whole of the EU be more accurate? Each member state is their own individual states.

Terra Firma

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Brexit negatively effected Germany as well, what about using the whole of the EU as an accurate comparison

Why would using the whole of the EU be more accurate? Each member state is their own individual states."

Hey, you are providing relevant info here, stop it now it will break the forum.

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Why aren’t you a famous and respected Economist? "

Danny blanchflower is a famous economist and former bofe board member

Life post bofe hasn't gone well for him.

Usually becoming famous would involve mixing in the "right" circles.

Dilip shah isn't really famous or respected. But he's second currently vs many who are famous and respected who sit around 200th.

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Brexit negatively effected Germany as well, what about using the whole of the EU as an accurate comparison "

Because the uk is often compared to its g7 counterparts?

Bournemouth

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Why would using the whole of the EU be more accurate? Each member state is their own individual states.

Hey, you are providing relevant info here, stop it now it will break the forum. "

Soz

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Why aren’t you a famous and respected Economist?

Danny blanchflower is a famous economist and former bofe board member

Life post bofe hasn't gone well for him.

Usually becoming famous would involve mixing in the "right" circles.

Dilip shah isn't really famous or respected. But he's second currently vs many who are famous and respected who sit around 200th. "

But I have never heard of you, what articles and papers have you written ?

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Because the uk is often compared to its g7 counterparts?"

Fair enough, Germany and the UK have both been negatively affected by Brexit

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Fair enough, Germany and the UK have both been negatively affected by Brexit "

Would you care to breakdown why Germany has felt the effects of Brexit more than the uk?

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Would you care to breakdown why Germany has felt the effects of Brexit more than the uk?"

Trade between the countries has become more difficult and expensive, I honestly thought you would have known that Brexit would have negatively affected the EU and Germany in particular

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Would you care to breakdown why Germany has felt the effects of Brexit more than the uk?

Trade between the countries has become more difficult and expensive, I honestly thought you would have known that Brexit would have negatively affected the EU and Germany in particular "

But why is Germany hit harder than the UK?

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Trade between the countries has become more difficult and expensive, I honestly thought you would have known that Brexit would have negatively affected the EU and Germany in particular

But why is Germany hit harder than the UK?"

Overall? It hasn’t. Not even close.

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

But why is Germany hit harder than the UK?"

I have just stated why, I am really surprised that you hadn’t realised that Brexit would affect Germany, especially as you’re a key board expert

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

I have just stated why, I am really surprised that you hadn’t realised that Brexit would affect Germany, especially as you’re a key board expert "

Well you haven't.

But as always with you it's about making a noise and screaming with very little substance.

Leeds

And Oxford is placed 7th

What is ‘germexit’?

It is.

Is costing or will cost?

How is that possible?

Overall? It hasn’t. Not even close."

It has grown less than the uk since q2 2016

It is not recovered to pre pandemic levels and that's without the oecd re calculation requirements.

It certainly is

Leeds

The certainly is refers to Germany fairing worse than the uk.

Not that is cruelly think brexit caused that effect. But I'd like for fabtastic to prove that notion.

"The certainly is refers to Germany fairing worse than the uk.

Not that is cruelly think brexit caused that effect. But I'd like for fabtastic to prove that notion.

"

Are you suggesting that Brexit hasn’t negatively affected Germany? The2 worse performing economies in the G7 (UK and Germany) have both suffered because of Brexit

Leeds

Are you suggesting that Brexit hasn’t negatively affected Germany? The2 worse performing economies in the G7 (UK and Germany) have both suffered because of Brexit "

Again.because you seem incapable of understanding tbe question.

Why has brexit had a larger negative impact on Germany than it has the uk?

Please answer.

Are you suggesting that Brexit hasn’t negatively affected Germany? The2 worse performing economies in the G7 (UK and Germany) have both suffered because of Brexit

Please answer."

Brexit hasn’t had a larger negative impact on Germany , feel free to use your expertise to explain why you think that .

Germany has been negatively affected by Brexit because ‘they needed us more than we needed them’

Leeds

Please answer.

Brexit hasn’t had a larger negative impact on Germany , feel free to use your expertise to explain why you think that .

Germany has been negatively affected by Brexit because ‘they needed us more than we needed them’ "

Then why dear fab is Germany experiencing worse gdp growth than the uk since 2016 and currently in decline?

Every negative gdp his is a result of brexit apparently. So what's germanys excuse...

By *idnight RamblerMan 49 weeks ago

Pershore

We need Bulgaria to leave the EU so we can use the term Bulxit.

Bournemouth

"We need Bulgaria to leave the EU so we can use the term Bulxit."

Please answer.

Germany has been negatively affected by Brexit because ‘they needed us more than we needed them’

Then why dear fab is Germany experiencing worse gdp growth than the uk since 2016 and currently in decline?

Every negative gdp his is a result of brexit apparently. So what's germanys excuse..."

Where did you get those figures from?

Leeds

Please answer.

Every negative gdp his is a result of brexit apparently. So what's germanys excuse...

Where did you get those figures from? "

De statis and ons...

Brighton

Clearly not everything is the result of Brexit just as not everything is the result of the other two exogenous events in the last three years, Covid and War in Ukraine. All of those things will have impacted on economic performance. Because all three have happened in such close proximity to each other, it is difficult to isolate the impact of one over another.

As Morely has said in the past (I will get this terminology wrong so this is layperson terms) the way these countries measure performance and impact on GDP is different and it therefore means we are comparing apples with pears. Similar but not the same. That was the defence Morley put forward when there was widespread reporting that UK was worst performing G7 nation, so I guess the same excuses need to apply now!

Leeds

"Clearly not everything is the result of Brexit just as not everything is the result of the other two exogenous events in the last three years, Covid and War in Ukraine. All of those things will have impacted on economic performance. Because all three have happened in such close proximity to each other, it is difficult to isolate the impact of one over another.

As Morely has said in the past (I will get this terminology wrong so this is layperson terms) the way these countries measure performance and impact on GDP is different and it therefore means we are comparing apples with pears. Similar but not the same. That was the defence Morley put forward when there was widespread reporting that UK was worst performing G7 nation, so I guess the same excuses need to apply now!"

Yes.

The oecd request mean that you needed tk revisit your deflator and increase it. ( meaning you accounted for more inflation in your gdp calculations thus reducing gdp)

Usa uk and France have done this.

We also use output measurements in services. Which again( when striking or during covid services aren't running in health and education) we have a greater decline in gdp.

What's worrying is that Germany has NOT done these revises that would push down their calcs

Brighton

"Clearly not everything is the result of Brexit just as not everything is the result of the other two exogenous events in the last three years, Covid and War in Ukraine. All of those things will have impacted on economic performance. Because all three have happened in such close proximity to each other, it is difficult to isolate the impact of one over another.

As Morely has said in the past (I will get this terminology wrong so this is layperson terms) the way these countries measure performance and impact on GDP is different and it therefore means we are comparing apples with pears. Similar but not the same. That was the defence Morley put forward when there was widespread reporting that UK was worst performing G7 nation, so I guess the same excuses need to apply now!

Yes.

The oecd request mean that you needed tk revisit your deflator and increase it. ( meaning you accounted for more inflation in your gdp calculations thus reducing gdp)

We also use output measurements in services. Which again( when striking or during covid services aren't running in health and education) we have a greater decline in gdp.

What's worrying is that Germany has NOT done these revises that would push down their calcs"

That’s what I thought. So it could be that Germany is performing even worse. Do we know what the impacts contributing to this come from Brexit vs Covid vs Ukraine?

Leeds

Yes.

What's worrying is that Germany has NOT done these revises that would push down their calcs

That’s what I thought. So it could be that Germany is performing even worse. Do we know what the impacts contributing to this come from Brexit vs Covid vs Ukraine?"

Gas prices predominantly, food prices, the lack of control over monetary policy

Brighton

Yes.

That’s what I thought. So it could be that Germany is performing even worse. Do we know what the impacts contributing to this come from Brexit vs Covid vs Ukraine?

Gas prices predominantly, food prices, the lack of control over monetary policy "

Yes but Brexit vs Covid vs Ukraine?

Leeds

Monetary policy of central banks is the biggest leader of inflation. If you don't create money there's less of it to go around and your currency appreciates.(covid)

Ukraine certainly saw temporary inflation on food and gas which is subsiding.

Brexit saw red tape increase.

I think given our inflation and gdp matches many g7 economies the top 2 are the biggest influences given their global nature

Please answer.

De statis and ons..."

You have stated in the past that they don’t use the same method when making their calculations,

Leeds

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

You have stated in the past that they don’t use the same method when making their calculations, "

I know.

De atatis uses tbe old method that inflates tbe gdp.

Keep up

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

You have stated in the past that they don’t use the same method when making their calculations,

I know.

Keep up"

Then we can’t use them to compare

Leeds

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

Then we can’t use them to compare "

We can. We can say the uk uses the I proved method and is ahead of Germany and Germany even using tbe old method is behind.

What we can't do is say that germa y is ahead of the uk using tbe same methods. Because we no longer have those same methods

Keep up

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

We can. We can say the uk uses the I proved method and is ahead of Germany and Germany even using tbe old method is behind.

What we can't do is say that germa y is ahead of the uk using tbe same methods. Because we no longer have those same methods

Keep up"

That is your opinion, not a fact, show me some like for like figures

Leeds

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

Keep up

That is your opinion, not a fact, show me some like for like figures "

It's not an opinion.

It's a breakdown of what the oecd and ons have said.

Keep up

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

Keep up

It's not an opinion.

Keep up"

Show me the like for like figures,

Leeds

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

Keep up

It's not an opinion.

Keep up

Show me the like for like figures, "

You don't need them.

That's the point

But on like for like the uk had recovered by November 21 whereas Germany had not.

We then altered the calculations

And dropped out gdp by over 1% Germany did not

But you don't need the like for like to know Germanys data is over estimating gdp instead of measuring it at oecd comparability and reliability request.

Keep up

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

Keep up

It's not an opinion.

Keep up

You don't need them.

That's the point

But on like for like the uk had recovered by November 21 whereas Germany had not.

But you don't need the like for like to know Germanys data is over estimating gdp instead of measuring it at oecd comparability and reliability request.

Keep up"

Do you have the link? Your claim the Germany is over estimating its gdp is an opinion, not a fact

Leeds

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

Keep up

It's not an opinion.

Keep up

You don't need them.

That's the point

Keep up

Do you have the link? Your claim the Germany is over estimating its gdp is an opinion, not a fact "

You jave had the links on several occasions before.

Google this phrase as I dp t feel like getting banned for links again

"International comparisons of the measurement of non-market output during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic"

And this one

"Impact of Blue Book 2022 changes on gross domestic product"

The first link deals with the measurement of services outputs.

The second link with the measurement of deflator.

Knock yourself out for the next 4 hours reading it.

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

Keep up

It's not an opinion.

Keep up

You don't need them.

That's the point

Keep up

Do you have the link? Your claim the Germany is over estimating its gdp is an opinion, not a fact

"International comparisons of the measurement of non-market output during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic"

And this one

"

None of that substantiates your claims that Germany has inflated its own GDP, I am sorry but your opinion isn’t fact, maybe if you were a well respected economist your opinion would hold more weight

Leeds

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

Keep up

It's not an opinion.

Keep up

You don't need them.

That's the point

Keep up

And this one

None of that substantiates your claims that Germany has inflated its own GDP, I am sorry but your opinion isn’t fact, maybe if you were a well respected economist your opinion would hold more weight "

You didn't read any of that in 6 minutes they are comprehensive reads that would take atleast an 3 hours to read and comprehend.

How pathetic.

Please answer.

De statis and ons...

I know.

Keep up

Keep up

It's not an opinion.

Keep up

You don't need them.

That's the point

Keep up

And this one

None of that substantiates your claims that Germany has inflated its own GDP, I am sorry but your opinion isn’t fact, maybe if you were a well respected economist your opinion would hold more weight

You didn't read any of that in 6 minutes they are comprehensive reads that would take atleast an 3 hours to read and comprehend.

How pathetic."

I am a speed reader, I read so fast that I have to wear a helmet

Leeds

Like I said what a whopper

"Like I said what a whopper "

Thanks,

» Add a new message to this topic