FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Energy Price Cap and Benefits.

Energy Price Cap and Benefits.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    49 weeks ago

Martin Lewis urges the government to help low to middle earners.

So the Price Cap has been announced for what it is worth, people will still be required to pay almost double the price than they did last year.

Leaving those who were struggling even before the energy price hike, facing a bleak winter as Government support ends.

What is the answer, Is there one?

Should the price for energy be means tested as in a social tariff?

Should Government support be extended for those on benefits?

Let the them freeze?

Any other thoughts?

Please feel free to discuss.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

They should just buy some solar panels and get a heat pump.

"They should just buy some solar panels and get a heat pump."

lol, do you think the government should pay for it, or a windfall tax, or any other suggestion you may think of

By *otMe66Man 49 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Nationalise energy. Sorted

"Nationalise energy. Sorted"

Thats something I thought of, but are you for public ownership, and if so the price of energy would still be high due to the factors we are informed that is raising the price.

By *astandFeistyCouple 49 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Nationalise energy. Sorted

Thats something I thought of, but are you for public ownership, and if so the price of energy would still be high due to the factors we are informed that is raising the price."

If the governement were to nationalise energy, they could offer the subsidies directly off the bill without the profits. It would definitely lower the price.

By *irldnCouple 49 weeks ago

Brighton

Terra Firma

Thats something I thought of, but are you for public ownership, and if so the price of energy would still be high due to the factors we are informed that is raising the price.

If the governement were to nationalise energy, they could offer the subsidies directly off the bill without the profits. It would definitely lower the price."

Yes, public ownership and as mentioned remove profits and have tiered payment levels for those that are on low incomes paying less and those on higher incomes paying more. That would be a tax system I would happily pay into.

If the government were to this I would want them to own and run the infrastructure and outsource the customer services to a grade A supplier.

If the governement were to nationalise energy, they could offer the subsidies directly off the bill without the profits. It would definitely lower the price."

I need to refer you to what you said about leaving each other alone, this is the second time you have not taken your own suggestion and stayed away from my individual posts.

Please feel free to comment, but not to me as you suggested the other day.

Please do as you say, any other action is just plain wrong.

Bournemouth

If the governement were to nationalise energy, they could offer the subsidies directly off the bill without the profits. It would definitely lower the price.

I need to refer you to what you said about leaving each other alone, this is the second time you have not taken your own suggestion and stayed away from my individual posts.

Please do as you say, any other action is just plain wrong."

If you'd like to go and show me where I said I will never ever respond to you again, feel free. Until then, this is an open forum and I'll respond where I see fit. Feel free to ignore me.

If you'd like to go and show me where I said I will never ever respond to you again, feel free. Until then, this is an open forum and I'll respond where I see fit. Feel free to ignore me."

Wont even do as you say.

Bully boy.

Bournemouth

If you'd like to go and show me where I said I will never ever respond to you again, feel free. Until then, this is an open forum and I'll respond where I see fit. Feel free to ignore me.

Wont even do as you say.

Bully boy."

As I said, open forum. Feel free to ignore me. Calling me a bully isn't gonna help unless you can show evidence of bullying. If you can show evidence of bullying from anyone on this forum, including myself, I would urge you to report it. Let's just leave this shit and concentrate on the topic in hand shall we??

By *mateur100Man 49 weeks ago

nr faversham

No need to nationalise anything, just have a govt energy supplier.

Terra Firma

"No need to nationalise anything, just have a govt energy supplier. "

As we do with Nuclear? A mess, in my opinion

By *oo hotCouple 49 weeks ago

North West

Plus (all) transport and communications.

Privatisation of National infrastructure has failed ordinary British people.

If you'd like to go and show me where I said I will never ever respond to you again, feel free. Until then, this is an open forum and I'll respond where I see fit. Feel free to ignore me."

No I will not do that, there are forums elsewhere I will go and find one.

Not hanging around to be bullied by a keyboard warrior have other things to do.

Bournemouth

No I will not do that, there are forums elsewhere I will go and find one.

Not hanging around to be bullied by a keyboard warrior have other things to do."

Whoops. I do hope if you come back and see this, you'll realise that not everyone who disagrees with you is a 'bully'. No doubt we will cross paths again soon

» Add a new message to this topic