FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Dame Rose

Dame Rose

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orleyman OP   Man 41 weeks ago

Leeds

BREAK: Natwest CEO Dame Alison Rose confesses she was source of incorrect Farage story:

"I recognise that in my conversations with Simon Jack of the BBC, I made a serious error of judgment in discussing Mr Farage’s relationship with the bank. "

Well well it looks like there was a very large data breach on behalf of Natwest.

Either auntie Beeb or Natwest should be in for a nice lawsuit.

Either bbc made a claim that wasn't backed up by what Dam Rose said and defamed Nigel

Or Dame Rose horrifically failed GDPR

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *astandFeistyCouple 41 weeks ago

Bournemouth

The board retains full confidence.

By *otMe66Man 41 weeks ago

Terra Firma

This story blew a hole through the left wing nut jobs who want to cancel and destroy anything that isn’t like them…..

Leeds

"The board retains full confidence."

Couldn't quite believe they said that

Apparently there might not be a select committee because Parliament expect her not to be there in September when it re convenes.

She's also dropped the coutts ceo in it too.

By *irldnCouple 41 weeks ago

Brighton

There should be serious consequences for this. Said it before, regardless of my personal feelings towards Farage (and his hypocrisy) this should not have happened.

Brighton

A question for those more clued up on banking sector. Am I right in thinking NatWest and RBS were part of the same group? If so does the state still own any of what was RBS or has all of that now been sold on?

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

"There should be serious consequences for this. Said it before, regardless of my personal feelings towards Farage (and his hypocrisy) this should not have happened."

Agree with this.

Whether Farage’s account was closed or the reasons behind it is irrelevant if there was a data breach.

It’s fun to mock Farage, and he does a great job of inviting it, but it shouldn’t have become a story.

Bournemouth

"A question for those more clued up on banking sector. Am I right in thinking NatWest and RBS were part of the same group? If so does the state still own any of what was RBS or has all of that now been sold on?"

RBS are part of the Natwest Group, of which the state owns 38.6%. It was as high as 84% in 2008 when they were bailed out.

By *uddy laneMan 41 weeks ago

dudley

"BREAK: Natwest CEO Dame Alison Rose confesses she was source of incorrect Farage story:

"I recognise that in my conversations with Simon Jack of the BBC, I made a serious error of judgment in discussing Mr Farage’s relationship with the bank. "

Well well it looks like there was a very large data breach on behalf of Natwest.

Either bbc made a claim that wasn't backed up by what Dam Rose said and defamed Nigel

Or Dame Rose horrifically failed GDPR"

They will go into la la mode and front it out then name themselves as victims of being cancelled.

The left have no shame.

"BREAK: Natwest CEO Dame Alison Rose confesses she was source of incorrect Farage story:

Or Dame Rose horrifically failed GDPR

They will go into la la mode and front it out then name themselves as victims of being cancelled.

The left have no shame."

Very few people in politics claim ‘cancelled’ more than Farage. He was doing it when he had a national radio show for Christ’s sake.

By *lex46TV/TS 41 weeks ago

Near Wells

What happened to confidentiality, privacy, GDPR regulations? She and the committee that support her should be kicked out straight away.

By *lfasoCouple 41 weeks ago

South East

Quite possibly she will be gone before the market opens. Howard Davies is also not looking secure.

By *entlemanFoxMan 41 weeks ago

North East / London

"Quite possibly she will be gone before the market opens. Howard Davies is also not looking secure."

Very prescient. I agree chairman is on a sticky wicket.

By *bernathCouple 41 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

She’s resigned!

By *ercuryMan 41 weeks ago

Grantham

She's already gone. Went after an emergency board meeting last night.

By *bernathCouple 41 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

Farage 1, NatWest 0

Are they going to sack the BBC presenter now?

Brighton

"A question for those more clued up on banking sector. Am I right in thinking NatWest and RBS were part of the same group? If so does the state still own any of what was RBS or has all of that now been sold on?

RBS are part of the Natwest Group, of which the state owns 38.6%. It was as high as 84% in 2008 when they were bailed out. "

Thanks. So the state (and our representatives the Govt) have direct as well as regulatory influence over this whole situation.

Bournemouth

"A question for those more clued up on banking sector. Am I right in thinking NatWest and RBS were part of the same group? If so does the state still own any of what was RBS or has all of that now been sold on?

RBS are part of the Natwest Group, of which the state owns 38.6%. It was as high as 84% in 2008 when they were bailed out.

Thanks. So the state (and our representatives the Govt) have direct as well as regulatory influence over this whole situation. "

I would assume so.

South East

"Quite possibly she will be gone before the market opens. Howard Davies is also not looking secure.

Very prescient. I agree chairman is on a sticky wicket. "

I never promised you a Rose pardon

Leeds

Yup she's gone. I would expect more to follow.

Farage now has a very serious legal case on his hands which might just give him enough funds to keep his coutts account open.

And to think. Soe people in here were so sure he was lying just because of who he was.

This is why maybe we discuss the claim/data/lega side.

Not the source.

South East

"Yup she's gone. I would expect more to follow.

Farage now has a very serious legal case on his hands which might just give him enough funds to keep his coutts account open.

And to think. Soe people in here were so sure he was lying just because of who he was.

Not the source."

Strange too that the usual suspects were so quick to align themselves with a 'greedy bank chief' earning £5m pa. Your enemy's enemy is your friend I guess

By *AFKA HovisMan 41 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Not the source."

I'm still not clear on all the details so I do think it will be interesting it this goes further.

Has he enough with them? He seemed to confirm at the start he hadn't, and it had been like that for a while.

What was confirmed by Rose and what was implied?

She was wrong to share details. The documents produced we're unprofessional. But I've yet to see a statement the decision was wrong. I do wonder why that hasn't happened yet?

By *wisted999Man 41 weeks ago

North Bucks

Maximum fine is 4% of turnover if there has been a data breach.

As Farage said once said famously you’re not laughing now.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 41 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Farage 1, NatWest 0

Are they going to sack the BBC presenter now?"

Why would they? Coutts have admitted that they gave him the story, so he reported it in good faith.

South East

"Farage 1, NatWest 0

Why would they? Coutts have admitted that they gave him the story, so he reported it in good faith."

Did the article give equal weight and exposure to NF’s (accurate) version of events?

Leeds

"Farage 1, NatWest 0

Why would they? Coutts have admitted that they gave him the story, so he reported it in good faith."

Agreed.

It seemed to me either the beeb or coutts were lying/ at fault.

Coutts( rbs) has now admitted fault.

I would think beeb in the clear.

I'm flabbergasted a ceo breached data protection so brazenly.

Not the source.I'm still not clear on all the details so I do think it will be interesting it this goes further.

Has he enough with them? He seemed to confirm at the start he hadn't, and it had been like that for a while.

She was wrong to share details. The documents produced we're unprofessional. But I've yet to see a statement the decision was wrong. I do wonder why that hasn't happened yet?

"

Indeed. The issue appears to be the leak, not the account closure.

South East

Not the source.I'm still not clear on all the details so I do think it will be interesting it this goes further.

Indeed. The issue appears to be the leak, not the account closure."

So closing customers’ accounts according to their legal political belief is ok in your book?

So closing customers’ accounts according to their legal political belief is ok in your book?"

They said in the document that it was due to his ‘publicly stated views’ - Farage has previously made xenophobic statements about Romanians and suchlike.

And we still don’t know whether he had the funds to retain the account.

Leeds

So closing customers’ accounts according to their legal political belief is ok in your book?"

No they can not.

It's illegal to do such things.

People were quoted the legal.text in this forum ironically brought in by the e.u

Gilfach

"Farage 1, NatWest 0

Are they going to sack the BBC presenter now?"

"Why would they? Coutts have admitted that they gave him the story, so he reported it in good faith."

"Did the article give equal weight and exposure to NF’s (accurate) version of events?"

It was fairly even-handed. And the BBC have published a full apology, which they link to in every article about the issue. I think they've dealt with this as best they could.

Leeds

"Farage 1, NatWest 0

Why would they? Coutts have admitted that they gave him the story, so he reported it in good faith.

Did the article give equal weight and exposure to NF’s (accurate) version of events?

It was fairly even-handed. And the BBC have published a full apology, which they link to in every article about the issue. I think they've dealt with this as best they could."

Really they shouldn't have ever publishes it for me.

They knew rose was breaking the law telling them.

They couldn't confirm the economic contributions of nigel( which turned out to be incorrect)

They didn't do their due diligence.

Terra Firma

So closing customers’ accounts according to their legal political belief is ok in your book?

They said in the document that it was due to his ‘publicly stated views’ - Farage has previously made xenophobic statements about Romanians and suchlike.

"

you’re not getting this are you?

you’re not getting this are you? "

Of course I am. Coutts have dropped an absolute clanger and will rightly be taken to task - but if you have proof that Farage’s account was above the threshold or that he hasn’t publicly stated xenophobic views then feel free to show it, I’ll happily apologise.

Leeds

you’re not getting this are you? "

Wilful ignorance

Leeds

"The clients EC is now sufficient to retain on a commercial basis."

Farage’s comment on his finances - “well they didn’t have a problem for the last ten years’

Of course if he meets the threshold, I’m sure he’ll be offered another account, given the past 48 hours. If

Farage’s comment about Romanians:

“I was asked if a group of Romanian men moved in next to you, would you be concerned? And if you lived in London, I think you would be."

We can pretend that’s not xenophobic if we like. It would be stupid and infantile to do so, but we could, I guess.

Gilfach

"Farage’s comment about Romanians:

“I was asked if a group of Romanian men moved in next to you, would you be concerned? And if you lived in London, I think you would be."

We can pretend that’s not xenophobic if we like. It would be stupid and infantile to do so, but we could, I guess."

Let's assume that is is indeed xenophobic. How is that relevant to the discussion in this thread?

Leeds

We can pretend that’s not xenophobic if we like. It would be stupid and infantile to do so, but we could, I guess.

Let's assume that is is indeed xenophobic. How is that relevant to the discussion in this thread?"

I've never met a xenophobe who married a person from another country.

Kind of undermines the phobia part.

By *AFKA HovisMan 41 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

""The clients EC is now sufficient to retain on a commercial basis.""
as at November 2022. When he still had a mortgage.

You don't know his EC when his account was closed

We don't even know when his account was closed.

By *eroy1000Man 41 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Farage 1, NatWest 0

It was fairly even-handed. And the BBC have published a full apology, which they link to in every article about the issue. I think they've dealt with this as best they could.

Really they shouldn't have ever publishes it for me.

They knew rose was breaking the law telling them.

They couldn't confirm the economic contributions of nigel( which turned out to be incorrect)

They didn't do their due diligence."

I think the BBC have to thoroughly investigate their part in this too. Many (myself included) said the article would have to had passed certain tests before being reported. Either it somehow did not get checked or those checking thought it OK to publish such things. Worse still they might have known it was wrong but when they seen who it was about decided it's OK to proceed anyway

Leeds

""The clients EC is now sufficient to retain on a commercial basis."as at November 2022. When he still had a mortgage.

You don't know his EC when his account was closed

We don't even know when his account was closed.

"

The decision was made at the same time they said his ec was viable.

It is there in the document.

Leeds

November 22( exact same time for both of the below points)

Page 1. " exiting NF next year on commercial grounds when mortgage rolls off"

Page 3 " following declassification the clients EC is now sufficient to retain on commercial basis"

The decision was made in 2022. They did bot knkw what the future looked like.

The decision had been made that they would de bank him.

I am sorry this doesn't fit your narrative. But this is the cold hard fact of the case.

Let's assume that is is indeed xenophobic. How is that relevant to the discussion in this thread?"

The Coutts memo branded him as a risk because he’s xenophobic. I’d argue that bit is accurate.

Terra Firma

Let's assume that is is indeed xenophobic. How is that relevant to the discussion in this thread?

The Coutts memo branded him as a risk because he’s xenophobic. I’d argue that bit is accurate.

"

You mean you are trying to blame the “victim” for something, anything as long as the victim isn’t seen as an innocent victim?

I’ve seen this way of thinking before, have you?

You mean you are trying to blame the “victim” for something, anything as long as the victim isn’t seen as an innocent victim?

I’ve seen this way of thinking before, have you?"

No, I’m pointing out that this case isn’t necessarily binary.

Was the leaking of Farage’s name wrong? Yes. 100%

Is it also possible that Farage’s account was closed legitimately but handled appallingly? Also yes.

Terra Firma

Is it also possible that Farage’s account was closed legitimately but handled appallingly? Also yes.

"

Are you associating blame to the victim?

Are you associating blame to the victim?"

I think Farage shouldn’t have had his name bandied across the press on this issue. In that sense he is a victim deserving of no blame.

Bournemouth

I think Farage shouldn’t have had his name bandied across the press on this issue. In that sense he is a victim deserving of no blame. "

Why, if Nigel Farage is a victim, do you feel the need to keep saying Farage blah, Farage blah.

Exactly the same MO as the journalist thread that I started.

That'll be why some people think you're victim blaming.

I think Farage shouldn’t have had his name bandied across the press on this issue. In that sense he is a victim deserving of no blame.

Why, if Nigel Farage is a victim, do you feel the need to keep saying Farage blah, Farage blah.

That'll be why some people think you're victim blaming."

I’ve said nothing out of context.

Bournemouth

I’ve said nothing out of context. "

You may not think so. Let me tell you this, this thread is about Dame Rose, yet every single post bar 2 of yours has mentioned Farage.

Does that help at all?

You may not think so. Let me tell you this, this thread is about Dame Rose, yet every single post bar 2 of yours has mentioned Farage.

Does that help at all? "

Not really since the two are inexorably linked.

Bournemouth

Does that help at all?

Not really since the two are inexorably linked."

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

Terra Firma

I’ve said nothing out of context. "

Meaning you understand the way you have been seen to blame the victim in your posts, or that you are correct to blame the victim?

I think you have answered this already, but this answer seems to have skewed the original

» Add a new message to this topic