FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Imf outlook

Imf outlook

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orleyman OP   Man 41 weeks ago

Leeds

Surprised we didn't hear anything from those who love the IMF outlooks.

When the UK was predicted a decline of 0.6% in Jan 23. This forum was abound with people taking schadenfreude at the uk.

I'm sure we leavers were mocked with " ill take the word of the IMF over you"

Where are those voices at the new report saying 0.4% growth while Germany enters recession?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ammskiMan 41 weeks ago

lytham st.annes

They don’t like being proven wrong

Leeds

"They don’t like being proven wrong "

No remainers don't.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 41 weeks ago

golden fields

"They don’t like being proven wrong

No remainers don't."

What?

Leeds

No remainers don't.

What?"

On this forum.

Many took great joy in the uk being predicted a recession of -0.6% it was a very popular topic.

It's now expected to grow 0.4% but the advocates of the imf are nowhere to be seen.

golden fields

No remainers don't.

What?

On this forum.

Many took great joy in the uk being predicted a recession of -0.6% it was a very popular topic.

It's now expected to grow 0.4% but the advocates of the imf are nowhere to be seen.

"

In the same time frame as their original prediction?

Leeds

No remainers don't.

What?

On this forum.

In the same time frame as their original prediction?"

Yes 2023.

By *astandFeistyCouple 41 weeks ago

Bournemouth

1 whole percentage point difference?

By *lfasoCouple 41 weeks ago

South East

"1 whole percentage point difference?"

I believe the GDP figures quoted are adjusted for inflation.

By *irldnCouple 41 weeks ago

Brighton

Or maybe people simply haven’t noticed or feel the need to rush onto the fab forums all the time?

Growth is excellent news. Nobody in their right mind would be against positive news. But seeing as you brought it up Morley, is this growth because of Brexit or despite it?

golden fields

No remainers don't.

What?

On this forum.

Yes 2023."

So they adjusted their prediction?

I am not following why the IMF prediction change for some reason is something to try to bash people who voted against brexit.

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

No remainers don't.

What?

On this forum.

Yes 2023.

So they adjusted their prediction?

I am not following why the IMF prediction change for some reason is something to try to bash people who voted against brexit."

Nor is it a particular victory against the eurozone which is still 2 points above pre-Covid, as the U.K is 0.5 below.

Growth is good. Recession avoidance is good. I don’t think anyone sane would deny that.

Leeds

"Or maybe people simply haven’t noticed or feel the need to rush onto the fab forums all the time?

Growth is excellent news. Nobody in their right mind would be against positive news. But seeing as you brought it up Morley, is this growth because of Brexit or despite it?"

Seemingly they do when it's bad news.

We saw it with the initial forecast and the also originally with the coutts farage account.

Seems people only pop on for the perceived bad news.

Leeds

The German powerhouse is now the economy predicted to shrink.

They must have brexited too

Brighton

"Or maybe people simply haven’t noticed or feel the need to rush onto the fab forums all the time?

Growth is excellent news. Nobody in their right mind would be against positive news. But seeing as you brought it up Morley, is this growth because of Brexit or despite it?

We saw it with the initial forecast and the also originally with the coutts farage account.

Seems people only pop on for the perceived bad news."

So you didn’t answer my question, just took a pop at people! Okey dokey!!

By *AFKA HovisMan 41 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I'm not a fan of GDP as a measurement that matters to people.

But it seems only Germany is below us.

Bbc says that's because they consume less given price rises... Does that mean we don't, and why is that?

I wonder if there is a disposable income difference meaning Brits don't have a choice... Or are we living off debt?

By *eroy1000Man 41 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Surprised we didn't hear anything from those who love the IMF outlooks.

When the UK was predicted a decline of 0.6% in Jan 23. This forum was abound with people taking schadenfreude at the uk.

I'm sure we leavers were mocked with " ill take the word of the IMF over you"

Where are those voices at the new report saying 0.4% growth while Germany enters recession?

"

Definitely good news and quite a turn around in a short period of time

Leeds

So you didn’t answer my question, just took a pop at people! Okey dokey!!"

The growth will be mainly despite brexit currently. As there is little time for trade deals tk take effect.

Amazing isn't it how little traction the imf thread got now.

Last time it was awash with people celebrating -0.6%

Brighton

The growth will be mainly despite brexit currently. As there is little time for trade deals tk take effect.

Last time it was awash with people celebrating -0.6% "

But isn’t that just a very British trait? We love to complain but then do little about it!

milton keynes

Last time it was awash with people celebrating -0.6% "

It does seem to be a theme here to ignore anything positive news and only focus on negative things. It may have something to do with culture here as has been suggested. It might be due to who is in government and therefore admitting to good news feels like almost saying well done to them. Maybe because of brexit only bad things happen and anything good must be hidden or denounced. When Labour take office it will maybe answer one of those theories

golden fields

It does seem to be a theme here to ignore anything positive news and only focus on negative things. It may have something to do with culture here as has been suggested. It might be due to who is in government and therefore admitting to good news feels like almost saying well done to them. Maybe because of brexit only bad things happen and anything good must be hidden or denounced. When Labour take office it will maybe answer one of those theories"

I don't think that's the case.

The good news just needs to be in context. It's good that we've recovered some of the damage done by brexit. But it would have been better if we hadn't have brexited.

It's like someone throwing £10 down the drain, then finding 4p on their way home. Telling everyone the good news about the 4p.

Personally I think we should hold labour to account just as much as some of us try to with the Tories, should they get in.

Leeds

It does seem to be a theme here to ignore anything positive news and only focus on negative things. It may have something to do with culture here as has been suggested. It might be due to who is in government and therefore admitting to good news feels like almost saying well done to them. Maybe because of brexit only bad things happen and anything good must be hidden or denounced. When Labour take office it will maybe answer one of those theories"

Yes. Good news on this forum does.seem a bitter pill to swallow.

By *umbrian85Man 41 weeks ago

Cumbria

It does seem to be a theme here to ignore anything positive news and only focus on negative things. It may have something to do with culture here as has been suggested. It might be due to who is in government and therefore admitting to good news feels like almost saying well done to them. Maybe because of brexit only bad things happen and anything good must be hidden or denounced. When Labour take office it will maybe answer one of those theories

Yes. Good news on this forum does.seem a bitter pill to swallow."

Do you understand the context the user was using ?

I can't believe there are still people who think Brexit is a good thing

Brighton

Yes. Good news on this forum does.seem a bitter pill to swallow."

People are interested in the Net Benefit. Once everything is levelled back out (and losses recouped) then I am sure people will be happier.

milton keynes

The good news just needs to be in context. It's good that we've recovered some of the damage done by brexit. But it would have been better if we hadn't have brexited.

It's like someone throwing £10 down the drain, then finding 4p on their way home. Telling everyone the good news about the 4p.

Personally I think we should hold labour to account just as much as some of us try to with the Tories, should they get in. "

I was thinking more of stand alone posts. If someone said something has improved because of brexit then I would agree with your statement. But often original posts are just about the good news itself.

Cumbria

Personally I think we should hold labour to account just as much as some of us try to with the Tories, should they get in.

I was thinking more of stand alone posts. If someone said something has improved because of brexit then I would agree with your statement. But often original posts are just about the good news itself. "

The OP said, "remainders dont" 3rd post in mate

Bournemouth

I was thinking more of stand alone posts. If someone said something has improved because of brexit then I would agree with your statement. But often original posts are just about the good news itself.

The OP said, "remainders dont" 3rd post in mate"

The OP didn't say it had improved because of Brexit.

When the IMF came out with their -0.6% forecast, there were plenty of 'remainers' who were utterly gleeful on here.

Tbf to Morley, he didn't believe that forecast and gave his (or someone else's) predictions. I can't remember exactly what they were.

What he's proving with this post is that 'remainers' only celebrate bad news. This is good news, despite Brexit.

Now we'll hear 'when you start lower than others, blah'. It's almost like some people relish in misery and ignore any positivity. Hang around for a while, you'll see it for yourself

Cumbria

When the IMF came out with their -0.6% forecast, there were plenty of 'remainers' who were utterly gleeful on here.

Tbf to Morley, he didn't believe that forecast and gave his (or someone else's) predictions. I can't remember exactly what they were.

What he's proving with this post is that 'remainers' only celebrate bad news. This is good news, despite Brexit.

Now we'll hear 'when you start lower than others, blah'. It's almost like some people relish in misery and ignore any positivity. Hang around for a while, you'll see it for yourself "

What does "remainders dont" Imply then?

Bournemouth

Now we'll hear 'when you start lower than others, blah'. It's almost like some people relish in misery and ignore any positivity. Hang around for a while, you'll see it for yourself

What does "remainders dont" Imply then?"

'Remainers' don't like positive news and relish in the misery. Didn't I just explain that?

The OP also goes on to say 'despite Brexit' when asked but I guess you just wanna hyperfocus on 2 words.

Cumbria

Now we'll hear 'when you start lower than others, blah'. It's almost like some people relish in misery and ignore any positivity. Hang around for a while, you'll see it for yourself "

You could also say that the small amount of people who still cheers on Brexit rubbish the IMF forecasts when they are bad but support them when it suits their narrative.

Bournemouth

You could also say that the small amount of people who still cheers on Brexit rubbish the IMF forecasts when they are bad but support them when it suits their narrative."

I don't think you'll find too many 'Brexiteers' round here that'll will 'celebrate' the IMF. There's probably only half a dozen vocal 'Brexiteers' in all that I can think of who are active daily.

Cumbria

You could also say that the small amount of people who still cheers on Brexit rubbish the IMF forecasts when they are bad but support them when it suits their narrative.

I don't think you'll find too many 'Brexiteers' round here that'll will 'celebrate' the IMF. There's probably only half a dozen vocal 'Brexiteers' in all that I can think of who are active daily."

That's what this post is, so I have.

Bournemouth

I don't think you'll find too many 'Brexiteers' round here that'll will 'celebrate' the IMF. There's probably only half a dozen vocal 'Brexiteers' in all that I can think of who are active daily.

That's what this post is, so I have."

That's defintely not what this thread is about.

As I said, hang around, you'll see

Cumbria

As I said, hang around, you'll see "

The OP is clearly pro brexit and using an imf report as good news but if you say it's not then I guess you're right.

Bournemouth

As I said, hang around, you'll see

The OP is clearly pro brexit and using an imf report as good news but if you say it's not then I guess you're right.

"

As I've said in private (I'd rather keep this public)

The OP does support Brexit, the thread is about other posters being gleeful that the IMF said we were gonna shrink by 0.6% yet ignoring the new forecast.

It's really that simple.

Oh and by the way, I am right

He'll confirm soon, as will others who know the OP and the politics forum

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 41 weeks ago

Gilfach

"The OP is clearly pro brexit and using an imf report as good news but if you say it's not then I guess you're right."

The OP is just making a point about how a bad economic news story gets jumped on by people who want to blame Brexit, but good economic news gets ignored.

You know how some men are scared to even look at another man's cock, in case they "catch gay"? Well some remainers are the same. They can't acknowledge that anything good might be happening, because that might mean that Brexit wasn't such an obviously bad idea after all.

golden fields

I was thinking more of stand alone posts. If someone said something has improved because of brexit then I would agree with your statement. But often original posts are just about the good news itself. "

That's why context is important. If someone posts "good news I found 4p". Is that still good news when they are £9.96 down over all because they threw a tenner down the drain?

Bournemouth

That's why context is important. If someone posts "good news I found 4p". Is that still good news when they are £9.96 down over all because they threw a tenner down the drain?"

The tenner is already gone and has been for quite a while. So yeah, it would indeed be good news that you found 4p. Or maybe you'll just say, fuck that, its nothing on the tenner I lost ages ago?

Brighton

"The OP is clearly pro brexit and using an imf report as good news but if you say it's not then I guess you're right.

The OP is just making a point about how a bad economic news story gets jumped on by people who want to blame Brexit, but good economic news gets ignored.

You know how some men are scared to even look at another man's cock, in case they "catch gay"? Well some remainers are the same. They can't acknowledge that anything good might be happening, because that might mean that Brexit wasn't such an obviously bad idea after all."

There may be some but there are others who want to maintain a broader view of the landscape and context. Asking if the good news is because or despite of Brexit (because both sides often try to pin things to Brexit to suit their narrative). Also asking about net benefit. To me that seems like the right thing to do!

Brighton

That's why context is important. If someone posts "good news I found 4p". Is that still good news when they are £9.96 down over all because they threw a tenner down the drain?

The tenner is already gone and has been for quite a while. So yeah, it would indeed be good news that you found 4p. Or maybe you'll just say, fuck that, its nothing on the tenner I lost ages ago?"

Can’t agree with that. Here’s another analogy...

Mr Feisty works for Company X. The Company tells him one day that they are cutting his wages permanently because they have changed their customer base which is impacting profits. Couple of years later the Company tells Mr Feisty he is getting a small pay rise which is great news. However, there is still a long way to go before Mr Feisty’s salary will get back to where it was. So good short term news but overall still not so great as Mr Feisty is still poorer than he was.

Gilfach

"There may be some but there are others who want to maintain a broader view of the landscape and context. Asking if the good news is because or despite of Brexit (because both sides often try to pin things to Brexit to suit their narrative). Also asking about net benefit. To me that seems like the right thing to do!"

Do you apply this philosophy to all aspects of your life? If you were in a car accident and had to have your hip replaced, would you be saying that the NHS wasn't really worth it because you still can't walk like you used to be able to? When you get elderly and develop cancer, will you be denying treatment, saying "well it won't make me any younger so what's the point"?

Bournemouth

The tenner is already gone and has been for quite a while. So yeah, it would indeed be good news that you found 4p. Or maybe you'll just say, fuck that, its nothing on the tenner I lost ages ago?

Mr Feisty works for Company X. The Company tells him one day that they are cutting his wages permanently because they have changed their customer base which is impacting profits. Couple of years later the Company tells Mr Feisty he is getting a small pay rise which is great news. However, there is still a long way to go before Mr Feisty’s salary will get back to where it was. So good short term news but overall still not so great as Mr Feisty is still poorer than he was."

Mr Feisty, although bitterly disappointed with his pay cut, stays at said company and gets on with life.

A couple of years later, he gets a small pay rise, whilst it isn't what he'd like and still keeps him below where he was before, the pay rise is still welcome news.

What he doesn't do is continue to bemoan the fact that he's still on less than before. Why? Because that's been done and accepted.

Leeds

I said 0.4% was there I expect uk growth to be. I said I expect byboctober inflation on cpi to be about 4%

I was mocked. Especially by a certain EASY going individual as not having a clue about how these things work.

The ost in January closed because eof too many comments in about 2 days....

Leeds

"The OP is clearly pro brexit and using an imf report as good news but if you say it's not then I guess you're right.

You know how some men are scared to even look at another man's cock, in case they "catch gay"? Well some remainers are the same. They can't acknowledge that anything good might be happening, because that might mean that Brexit wasn't such an obviously bad idea after all."

Leeds

The above form Mr discretion made me lol.

But yes this post was about how quickly people I this forum jump on bad news and take glee from it.

When things turn around, we don't hear a peep.

Sadly one of the main proponents of this is the shadow chancellor Rachel who also hasn't been quoting IMF recently.

Take the smooth with the rough. You can't have a thread that reaches 175 posts in a short period because of a bad forecast, then not post the much improved one.

And yes their is some chest beating on this. Because of how this forum works when I said the IMF were incredibly wrong and there would be no recession for the uk I was resoundingly mocked on here by several usual posters.

One of those posters has bow deleted their profile. Another hasn't been here for a little time. Amazingly coincidental it fell at a time when 3 of our main disagreements all eventually showed I was correct.

Cumbria

"The above form Mr discretion made me lol.

But yes this post was about how quickly people I this forum jump on bad news and take glee from it.

When things turn around, we don't hear a peep.

Sadly one of the main proponents of this is the shadow chancellor Rachel who also hasn't been quoting IMF recently.

Take the smooth with the rough. You can't have a thread that reaches 175 posts in a short period because of a bad forecast, then not post the much improved one.

And yes their is some chest beating on this. Because of how this forum works when I said the IMF were incredibly wrong and there would be no recession for the uk I was resoundingly mocked on here by several usual posters.

One of those posters has bow deleted their profile. Another hasn't been here for a little time. Amazingly coincidental it fell at a time when 3 of our main disagreements all eventually showed I was correct.

"

You're rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

milton keynes

That's why context is important. If someone posts "good news I found 4p". Is that still good news when they are £9.96 down over all because they threw a tenner down the drain?"

Again I was speaking of stand alone posts so not talking about everything that is related in some way or another. It's not unique to these forums. I watch and read the BBC far more than other outlets. I only knew of the latest IMF increased forecast through this thread but when the previous IMF bad forcast came out it was headline news on the BBC site with several articles. Now the forecast is positive, they don't give it equal exposure. In fact I not seen it at all on their site. I'm sure it's there somewhere but not splashed out as headlines as before

Brighton

Mr Feisty works for Company X. The Company tells him one day that they are cutting his wages permanently because they have changed their customer base which is impacting profits. Couple of years later the Company tells Mr Feisty he is getting a small pay rise which is great news. However, there is still a long way to go before Mr Feisty’s salary will get back to where it was. So good short term news but overall still not so great as Mr Feisty is still poorer than he was.

Mr Feisty, although bitterly disappointed with his pay cut, stays at said company and gets on with life.

A couple of years later, he gets a small pay rise, whilst it isn't what he'd like and still keeps him below where he was before, the pay rise is still welcome news.

What he doesn't do is continue to bemoan the fact that he's still on less than before. Why? Because that's been done and accepted.

"

I don’t believe Mr Feisty. I think Mr Feisty will be pissed off and not happy with his lot and looking for a different job!

Brighton

"There may be some but there are others who want to maintain a broader view of the landscape and context. Asking if the good news is because or despite of Brexit (because both sides often try to pin things to Brexit to suit their narrative). Also asking about net benefit. To me that seems like the right thing to do!

Do you apply this philosophy to all aspects of your life? If you were in a car accident and had to have your hip replaced, would you be saying that the NHS wasn't really worth it because you still can't walk like you used to be able to? When you get elderly and develop cancer, will you be denying treatment, saying "well it won't make me any younger so what's the point"?"

That analogy doesn’t work

Bournemouth

I don’t believe Mr Feisty. I think Mr Feisty will be pissed off and not happy with his lot and looking for a different job!"

He already decided to stay 3 years ago when the pay cut happened

Gilfach

"There may be some but there are others who want to maintain a broader view of the landscape and context. Asking if the good news is because or despite of Brexit (because both sides often try to pin things to Brexit to suit their narrative). Also asking about net benefit. To me that seems like the right thing to do!"

"Do you apply this philosophy to all aspects of your life? If you were in a car accident and had to have your hip replaced, would you be saying that the NHS wasn't really worth it because you still can't walk like you used to be able to? When you get elderly and develop cancer, will you be denying treatment, saying "well it won't make me any younger so what's the point"?"

"That analogy doesn’t work"

I'll make it simpler for you.

Imagine that you are involved in a car accident, and you lose the use of your legs. You'd obviously be upset about this. Now imagine that a charity comes along and offers you a free electric wheelchair, to help you get about. When the local paper comes to interview you, would you say thanks for the wheelchair and smile? Or would you tell everyone that your life is still terrible and that the wheelchair doesn't put you back where you were before the accident?

Leeds

"There may be some but there are others who want to maintain a broader view of the landscape and context. Asking if the good news is because or despite of Brexit (because both sides often try to pin things to Brexit to suit their narrative). Also asking about net benefit. To me that seems like the right thing to do!

Do you apply this philosophy to all aspects of your life? If you were in a car accident and had to have your hip replaced, would you be saying that the NHS wasn't really worth it because you still can't walk like you used to be able to? When you get elderly and develop cancer, will you be denying treatment, saying "well it won't make me any younger so what's the point"?

Imagine that you are involved in a car accident, and you lose the use of your legs. You'd obviously be upset about this. Now imagine that a charity comes along and offers you a free electric wheelchair, to help you get about. When the local paper comes to interview you, would you say thanks for the wheelchair and smile? Or would you tell everyone that your life is still terrible and that the wheelchair doesn't put you back where you were before the accident?"

Now imagine if 180 other people began asking to be your friend and to employ you. And offered you a chance to become a bionic man.

Thats brexit

Brighton

Imagine that you are involved in a car accident, and you lose the use of your legs. You'd obviously be upset about this. Now imagine that a charity comes along and offers you a free electric wheelchair, to help you get about. When the local paper comes to interview you, would you say thanks for the wheelchair and smile? Or would you tell everyone that your life is still terrible and that the wheelchair doesn't put you back where you were before the accident?"

Nope the analogy still doesn’t work as not comparable!

Brighton

Imagine that you are involved in a car accident, and you lose the use of your legs. You'd obviously be upset about this. Now imagine that a charity comes along and offers you a free electric wheelchair, to help you get about. When the local paper comes to interview you, would you say thanks for the wheelchair and smile? Or would you tell everyone that your life is still terrible and that the wheelchair doesn't put you back where you were before the accident?

Now imagine if 180 other people began asking to be your friend and to employ you. And offered you a chance to become a bionic man.

Thats brexit "

It really isn’t though is it. At best 1 or 2 might be offering that in some unspecified point in the future. The rest are actually far behind being able to offer any such thing. Sorry chaps the analogy doesn’t work!

Leeds

Thats brexit

It really isn’t though is it. At best 1 or 2 might be offering that in some unspecified point in the future. The rest are actually far behind being able to offer any such thing. Sorry chaps the analogy doesn’t work!"

Erm.

We just had 11 of those friends say they wanted to help. And we are in discussions with 5 more

Gilfach

"Imagine that you are involved in a car accident, and you lose the use of your legs. You'd obviously be upset about this. Now imagine that a charity comes along and offers you a free electric wheelchair, to help you get about. When the local paper comes to interview you, would you say thanks for the wheelchair and smile? Or would you tell everyone that your life is still terrible and that the wheelchair doesn't put you back where you were before the accident?"

"Nope the analogy still doesn’t work as not comparable!"

The analogy is working for everyone else. I wonder what it is about you that leads you to deny it.

Brighton

"Imagine that you are involved in a car accident, and you lose the use of your legs. You'd obviously be upset about this. Now imagine that a charity comes along and offers you a free electric wheelchair, to help you get about. When the local paper comes to interview you, would you say thanks for the wheelchair and smile? Or would you tell everyone that your life is still terrible and that the wheelchair doesn't put you back where you were before the accident?

Nope the analogy still doesn’t work as not comparable!

The analogy is working for everyone else. I wonder what it is about you that leads you to deny it."

“Everyone else” is a bit of a stretch!

Brighton

Thats brexit

It really isn’t though is it. At best 1 or 2 might be offering that in some unspecified point in the future. The rest are actually far behind being able to offer any such thing. Sorry chaps the analogy doesn’t work!

Erm.

We just had 11 of those friends say they wanted to help. And we are in discussions with 5 more "

So not 180 and are any of them actually able to offer the chance to become a bionic man? The analogy doesn’t work and is frankly getting a bit wierd

They can all give a helping hand but at present none are yet a replacement fir what we had before. Maybe one day but not now.

Leeds

Thats brexit

Erm.

We just had 11 of those friends say they wanted to help. And we are in discussions with 5 more

So not 180 and are any of them actually able to offer the chance to become a bionic man? The analogy doesn’t work and is frankly getting a bit wierd

They can all give a helping hand but at present none are yet a replacement fir what we had before. Maybe one day but not now."

The analogy of the car accident.

Brexit = the car accident and losing your original hip/ losing legs

The repalcement hip= the deal with the e.u? / the wheelchair

The bionic legs= every deal post wheelchair. Not only did you get to still be mobile right after the crash, but with every agreement signed you became a stronger person, your rehab helped you build your muscles back, and eventually after 20 years. You were actually stronger than your pre crash.

Cumbria

Thats brexit

Erm.

They can all give a helping hand but at present none are yet a replacement fir what we had before. Maybe one day but not now.

The bionic legs= every deal post wheelchair. Not only did you get to still be mobile right after the crash, but with every agreement signed you became a stronger person, your rehab helped you build your muscles back, and eventually after 20 years. You were actually stronger than your pre crash."

I guess the bionic legs will be like those electronic borders that that were going to negate the need for checks in NI that definitely happened?

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

In 20 years do we get to admit that our bionic legs are actually made of shitty plastic and don’t work as well as our wheelchair?

Bournemouth

There's an awful lot of 'my analogy is great and yours shit' here

Cumbria

You don't really need an analogy to see it's not going well, a lot of the people who supported it are saying so: George Eustace, Nigel Farage, Frost, JRM, widdicombe etc.

Bournemouth

"You don't really need an analogy to see it's not going well, a lot of the people who supported it are saying so: George Eustace, Nigel Farage, Frost, JRM, widdicombe etc.

"

I don't thunk anyone said it was. Besides, this thread wasn't even about Brexit

Cumbria

"You don't really need an analogy to see it's not going well, a lot of the people who supported it are saying so: George Eustace, Nigel Farage, Frost, JRM, widdicombe etc.

What are the above analogies about?

I don't thunk anyone said it was. Besides, this thread wasn't even about Brexit "

Cumbria

"Brexit = the car accident and losing your original hip/ losing legs"

An analogy by the OP.

And all the above have admitted Brexit hasn't gone well in one way or another.

Bournemouth

""Brexit = the car accident and losing your original hip/ losing legs"

An analogy by the OP.

And all the above have admitted Brexit hasn't gone well in one way or another."

I've already explained to you what the thread is about, which the OP has confirmed. I won't repeat myself.

Why are you banging on about people saying Brexit hasn't gone well? No one in this thread has said it has.

Brighton

Thats brexit

Erm.

The bionic legs= every deal post wheelchair. Not only did you get to still be mobile right after the crash, but with every agreement signed you became a stronger person, your rehab helped you build your muscles back, and eventually after 20 years. You were actually stronger than your pre crash."

Been travelling (ironically by car and witnessed bad accident!).

The analogy doesn’t work because it starts with a negative (the car crash) but when we were in the EU it was a positive economically (which is the purpose of the net benefit discussion). I doubt Morley is admitting Brexit was a car crash but weirder things have happened.

Cumbria

Thats brexit

Erm.

The bionic legs= every deal post wheelchair. Not only did you get to still be mobile right after the crash, but with every agreement signed you became a stronger person, your rehab helped you build your muscles back, and eventually after 20 years. You were actually stronger than your pre crash.

The analogy doesn’t work because it starts with a negative (the car crash) but when we were in the EU it was a positive economically (which is the purpose of the net benefit discussion). I doubt Morley is admitting Brexit was a car crash but weirder things have happened. "

And I've explained why it is.

Leeds

Thats brexit

Erm.

The analogy doesn’t work because it starts with a negative (the car crash) but when we were in the EU it was a positive economically (which is the purpose of the net benefit discussion). I doubt Morley is admitting Brexit was a car crash but weirder things have happened. "

Just carrying on the fun analogy

» Add a new message to this topic