FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > ULEZ again, again.

ULEZ again, again.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hropshiregoodtimes OP   Man 41 weeks ago

Telford

I have read online this morning that one person is going on hunger strike in protest against the ULEZ.

Hopefully this will give it media coverage and push the government into stopping the planned ULEZ

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asycouple1971Couple 41 weeks ago

midlands

Birmingham has a clean air zone and it costs £8 a day.

Does not work.

I avoid the city centre and take my business to other places away from Birmingham.

I sometimes have to drive around Birmingham to avoid the CAZ so causing more mileage and pollution.

Its a revenue making scheme that affects the low paid.

By *addad99Man 41 weeks ago

Rotherham /newquay

Bristol same I can drive through Sheffield for free but if go to Bristol cost 8 quid.a lady was on radio saying she now does 20 miles extra a day to avoid the fee where she works she has to go through the zone for about 100 yards can't afford a newer car so carries on the motorway to come in other way cash cow.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 41 weeks ago

Hastings

So how long befor this is a standard across all of the UK 10 years and we could be like Singapore New cars only.

By *ty31Man 41 weeks ago

NW London

"I have read online this morning that one person is going on hunger strike in protest against the ULEZ.

Hopefully this will give it media coverage and push the government into stopping the planned ULEZ"

It won't- London's mayor and the government have run out of ideas and are back to fleecing the motorists. It's just another step along the road to pay per mile driving etc and another tax on the worker to prop up their mismanagement

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

The Govt don't usually have a problem with people starving to death.

By *enSiskoMan 40 weeks ago

Cestus 3

As another poster above noted pay per mile is coming into affect in about ten years time.

I watched a commentator, discussing this subject, they state that at this time ULEZ is going to be very profitable and will be rolled out country wide.

(Very hard to protest now remember since the change in the law, which vast amounts of people believed the law change wouldn't affect them?)

The commentator also discussed when it reaches a saturation point, eg when most cars are compliant with ULEZ then revenue will fall, and other ways will be needed to charge the driver and keep revenue flowing.

This is when pay per mile will be introduced, and at that time the right to protest will be a memory.

RIP the combustable engine, hello stealth taxes in the name of clean air.

Thats not to mention the fines that will occur, when the confusing rules that have been applied to this scheme, catches out the out of town driver, or confused or distracted driver.

A con that we have lost our right to demonstrate against effectually against.

By *uddy laneMan 40 weeks ago

dudley

"As another poster above noted pay per mile is coming into affect in about ten years time.

I watched a commentator, discussing this subject, they state that at this time ULEZ is going to be very profitable and will be rolled out country wide.

(Very hard to protest now remember since the change in the law, which vast amounts of people believed the law change wouldn't affect them?)

The commentator also discussed when it reaches a saturation point, eg when most cars are compliant with ULEZ then revenue will fall, and other ways will be needed to charge the driver and keep revenue flowing.

This is when pay per mile will be introduced, and at that time the right to protest will be a memory.

Thats not to mention the fines that will occur, when the confusing rules that have been applied to this scheme, catches out the out of town driver, or confused or distracted driver.

A con that we have lost our right to demonstrate against effectually against."

It is done under the sun and by the vote. The sun passing overhead can't be stopped but the latter can.

By *icolerobbieCouple 40 weeks ago

walsall

"I have read online this morning that one person is going on hunger strike in protest against the ULEZ.

Hopefully this will give it media coverage and push the government into stopping the planned ULEZ

It won't- London's mayor and the government have run out of ideas and are back to fleecing the motorists. It's just another step along the road to pay per mile driving etc and another tax on the worker to prop up their mismanagement "

They’ve just been fined £14,000,000 for the Croydon tram incident. The public have to pay the fine somehow.

By *bernathCouple 40 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

Instead of thinking of this as a problem we should look at this as an opportunity. If government want certain vehicles off the streets, then maybe they should extend the subsidies to allow people to purchase 2nd hand vehicles which are ULEZ compliant. Because we know generally 2nd hand vehicles are far cheaper and you could buy a vehicle outright.

This is the current scheme for all of you to look out if you’re unsure.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/news/car-scrappage-scheme-uk

You could think about writing to your local MP about extending the scrappage scheme. Don’t suffer needlessly.

By *wisted999Man 38 weeks ago

North Bucks

Hope our London forumites are waking up to lovely clean alpine esque air this morning? How’s that freshness from this cash grab feel?

See the blade runners have been busy overnight.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 38 weeks ago

South West London

Chuck the Khan out next May 2024

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

"Hope our London forumites are waking up to lovely clean alpine esque air this morning? How’s that freshness from this cash grab feel?

See the blade runners have been busy overnight. "

Much the same as yesterday. My 2006 motor is ULEZ compliant.

By *ill69888Couple 38 weeks ago

cheltenham

Can anyone explain how charging £12.50 a day to someone will help create cleaner air?

Khan is just an odious little dictator inflicting pain on the poorest people in London.

There is no evidence to back up his claims and that is why he tried to get the scientists to change their report. The bloke should be in jail.

It won't- London's mayor and the government have run out of ideas and are back to fleecing the motorists. It's just another step along the road to pay per mile driving etc and another tax on the worker to prop up their mismanagement

They’ve just been fined £14,000,000 for the Croydon tram incident. The public have to pay the fine somehow."

10 million for TFL. 4 mil for the tram operator.

"Can anyone explain how charging £12.50 a day to someone will help create cleaner air?

Khan is just an odious little dictator inflicting pain on the poorest people in London.

There is no evidence to back up his claims and that is why he tried to get the scientists to change their report. The bloke should be in jail."

Didn’t he mention ULEZ and further monitoring, including possible expansion in the manifesto on which he was elected mayor?

North Bucks

"Hope our London forumites are waking up to lovely clean alpine esque air this morning? How’s that freshness from this cash grab feel?

Much the same as yesterday. My 2006 motor is ULEZ compliant. "

That must be fun to drive

Much the same as yesterday. My 2006 motor is ULEZ compliant.

That must be fun to drive "

Does what I need it to

By *ertcamembertMan 38 weeks ago

Reading area

"Can anyone explain how charging £12.50 a day to someone will help create cleaner air?

There is no evidence to back up his claims and that is why he tried to get the scientists to change their report. The bloke should be in jail."

Have you seen the pictures of the caravan that's been left in the street chained to a lamp post outside his home?

By *ogo1189Man 38 weeks ago

Rossendale

[Removed by poster at 29/08/23 13:10:58]

By *ogo1189Man 38 weeks ago

Rossendale

ULEZ, ILEZ, we all lez together

By *ox1 red leaderMan 38 weeks ago

farnham

By *enSiskoMan 38 weeks ago

Cestus 3

I watched Khan on the news this morning, and he said central London now has clean air and that health causes that accounted too dirty air have fallen.

I was confused why.

When I wake up am I breathing the same air that I was breathing last night when I went to bed?

If I trump and it is smelly why doesn't the smell stay, where does the smell go?

Air has no movement?

Or does dirty air which surrounds the clean keep the clean air clean.

I am just trying to figure the science out, because if air has no movement then the clean air zones are correct and the air will eventually become cleaner.

But if air moves then all that pollution from outside of London will pass through London , Birmingham and Bristol, so how is the air clean without the efforts of the world cleaning their own air.

my head now hurts.

By *asycouple1971Couple 38 weeks ago

midlands

Just paid for 2 days in London. Went for a family trip. Never again.

By *uddy laneMan 38 weeks ago

dudley

I pay the birmingham charge on the weekend the car is a bit smokie over 2k rpm but passes the mot, I had a cyclist bang the passenger window complaining about the smoke I rolled the window down a smidge and informed the person I have paid the fee to pollute which I will carry on paying for ever gladly.

By *otMe66Man 38 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"I watched Khan on the news this morning, and he said central London now has clean air and that health causes that accounted too dirty air have fallen.

I was confused why.

When I wake up am I breathing the same air that I was breathing last night when I went to bed?

If I trump and it is smelly why doesn't the smell stay, where does the smell go?

Air has no movement?

Or does dirty air which surrounds the clean keep the clean air clean.

I am just trying to figure the science out, because if air has no movement then the clean air zones are correct and the air will eventually become cleaner.

But if air moves then all that pollution from outside of London will pass through London , Birmingham and Bristol, so how is the air clean without the efforts of the world cleaning their own air.

my head now hurts."

To be fair fumes, brake dust etc are toxic and reducing the amount of pollutants in the air we breathe is beneficial. What seems to be more beneficial is collecting the money to pollute the air.

By *rankie bricksMan 38 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

ULEZ or clean air zones are nothing to do with environment, they are only yet another way to generate revenue.

So let's say everyone decided not to commute into these zones every Monday,thus no deliveries or shop staff ect, then I would assume these zones and charges would be dropped...

Farce country !!

By *rankie bricksMan 38 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

So if all drivers are paying a charge to enter zone, how is this reducing pollution exactly..

I'm confused!!

Absolute con job, as usual

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 38 weeks ago

Hastings

"So if all drivers are paying a charge to enter zone, how is this reducing pollution exactly..

I'm confused!!

Absolute con job, as usual "

And if you are self employed or a limited company it is used to bring down profits so you pay less corporation Tax so like a 20% Discount moving money from central government to the London mayor.

By *rucks and TrailersMan 38 weeks ago

Ealing

"So if all drivers are paying a charge to enter zone, how is this reducing pollution exactly..

I'm confused!!

And if you are self employed or a limited company it is used to bring down profits so you pay less corporation Tax so like a 20% Discount moving money from central government to the London mayor."

. Regardless of how you wish to present it, the charge is still an extra cost to the user or consumer . Tax relief at 20 % ( which would only be available to businness users ) hardly compensates for a £12.50 charge . Those with older vehicles are the people who can lease afford to replace them with compliant ones

By *bernathCouple 38 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

I'm confused!!

And if you are self employed or a limited company it is used to bring down profits so you pay less corporation Tax so like a 20% Discount moving money from central government to the London mayor.. Regardless of how you wish to present it, the charge is still an extra cost to the user or consumer . Tax relief at 20 % ( which would only be available to businness users ) hardly compensates for a £12.50 charge . Those with older vehicles are the people who can lease afford to replace them with compliant ones "

There is support available for those on low incomes also.

So what’s the problem?

I think people need some education on this ULEZ thing not some outlets opinion of the situation. But actually taking some time and reading government website to find out what support is available.

Get some knowledge

By *irldnCouple 38 weeks ago

Brighton

Seeing some chatter this morning that the ANPR cameras used to enforce ULEZ store personal information (on chip/card before bulk transmission) and that because cameras are getting nicked (forum doesn’t allow sto-len????) it could mean TfL could be in breach of data protection rules due to ongoing data loss.

Terra Firma

I'm confused!!

And if you are self employed or a limited company it is used to bring down profits so you pay less corporation Tax so like a 20% Discount moving money from central government to the London mayor.. Regardless of how you wish to present it, the charge is still an extra cost to the user or consumer . Tax relief at 20 % ( which would only be available to businness users ) hardly compensates for a £12.50 charge . Those with older vehicles are the people who can lease afford to replace them with compliant ones

So what’s the problem?

I think people need some education on this ULEZ thing not some outlets opinion of the situation. But actually taking some time and reading government website to find out what support is available.

Get some knowledge "

Do you think it is right to allow people the opportunity to pay to pollute the air?

In theory I don’t have a problem with road charging/pay-as-you-drive being rolled out nationwide - so long as it was in place of the existing vehicle excise duty.

Admittedly that’s because I’d probably be better off, as I only drive about 3-4K miles per year

I was in London lately and most of the ULEZ cameras I saw were covered in paint, cut down or had wires cut.

Apparently the cameras cost over £10,000 each.

It must be costing a fortune

I see the news arnt reporting it either but it’s the most talked about thing in London at the moment

North Bucks

"I was in London lately and most of the ULEZ cameras I saw were covered in paint, cut down or had wires cut.

I see the news arnt reporting it either but it’s the most talked about thing in London at the moment "

They have been out overnight again.

By *eroy1000Man 38 weeks ago

milton keynes

I'm confused!!

And if you are self employed or a limited company it is used to bring down profits so you pay less corporation Tax so like a 20% Discount moving money from central government to the London mayor.. Regardless of how you wish to present it, the charge is still an extra cost to the user or consumer . Tax relief at 20 % ( which would only be available to businness users ) hardly compensates for a £12.50 charge . Those with older vehicles are the people who can lease afford to replace them with compliant ones

So what’s the problem?

Get some knowledge

Do you think it is right to allow people the opportunity to pay to pollute the air? "

Watched a debate on this yesterday and that question (in various forms) kept coming up but never got answered

By *2000ManMan 38 weeks ago

Worthing

Listen to the small businesses. They will be hit the hardest. It's been implemented when people are struggling financially. Cars are much cleaner year on year and I doubt this charge will make much difference as people still need to get into work. It's a cash grab by people that cannot manage finances properly.

By *ertcamembertMan 38 weeks ago

Reading area

"I was in London lately and most of the ULEZ cameras I saw were covered in paint, cut down or had wires cut.

I see the news arnt reporting it either but it’s the most talked about thing in London at the moment "

Something else not reported on BBC news but online newspapers have covered the story is about the scaffolder who took on TFL over LEZ fines and won. London Tribunals dismissed £11,500 of fines that TFL claimed against him and have ruled that LEZ signs are unlawful because they don't warn that charges apply. Considering that ULEZ signs use almost exactly the same format they could well be unlawful too?

By *exy_HornyCouple 38 weeks ago

Leigh

"Listen to the small businesses. They will be hit the hardest. It's been implemented when people are struggling financially. Cars are much cleaner year on year and I doubt this charge will make much difference as people still need to get into work. It's a cash grab by people that cannot manage finances properly."

Surely a business still running a nearly 10 year old van isn't doing well enough to survive long term anyway.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 38 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Surely a business still running a nearly 10 year old van isn't doing well enough to survive long term anyway."

I know businesses that are still using equipment that is over 100 years old. Why replace something if it still does the job?

8 years is not particularly old for a van, if the mileage isn't excessive it could still have plenty of life in it.

By *estivalMan 38 weeks ago

borehamwood

"As another poster above noted pay per mile is coming into affect in about ten years time.

A con that we have lost our right to demonstrate against effectually against."

haha u really think a law will stop people protesting, oh sorry you mean the polite protests, the protests where shit gets broken and burnt down them protesters wont let a little thing like the law stop them

By *2000ManMan 38 weeks ago

Worthing

"Surely a business still running a nearly 10 year old van isn't doing well enough to survive long term anyway.

I know businesses that are still using equipment that is over 100 years old. Why replace something if it still does the job?

8 years is not particularly old for a van, if the mileage isn't excessive it could still have plenty of life in it."

I agree providing they are serviced on recommended intervals, no problem. 2k for scrap is just not enough. This charge is hitting the people that cannot afford it or their lifestyle will suffer.

By *enSiskoMan 38 weeks ago

Cestus 3

A con that we have lost our right to demonstrate against effectually against.haha u really think a law will stop people protesting, oh sorry you mean the polite protests, the protests where shit gets broken and burnt down them protesters wont let a little thing like the law stop them"

I am with you I really hope it will not.

By *asycouple1971Couple 38 weeks ago

midlands

Had to drive to London for 2 days and paid the fee.

Will avoid London at all cost now. Have a 2015 diesel that pay no road tax due to low emissions but not ulez complient.

Just a money making scheme, nothing more.

Glad to see the bladerunners taking action against the cameras, may it continue.

I think it will ruin a lot of businesses that are just inside the ULEZ zone. I see that a lot of people are destroying cameras at a increasing rate

By *arkyp_321Man 38 weeks ago

East Kilbride

"I pay the birmingham charge on the weekend the car is a bit smokie over 2k rpm but passes the mot, I had a cyclist bang the passenger window complaining about the smoke I rolled the window down a smidge and informed the person I have paid the fee to pollute which I will carry on paying for ever gladly. "

Question ….aren’t you ever concerned about the emissions from your car as you drive through urban areas ? Those with asthma /lung conditions ?

dudley

"I pay the birmingham charge on the weekend the car is a bit smokie over 2k rpm but passes the mot, I had a cyclist bang the passenger window complaining about the smoke I rolled the window down a smidge and informed the person I have paid the fee to pollute which I will carry on paying for ever gladly.

Question ….aren’t you ever concerned about the emissions from your car as you drive through urban areas ? Those with asthma /lung conditions ? "

Naa,, it is not illegal so I'm all good.

East Kilbride

"I pay the birmingham charge on the weekend the car is a bit smokie over 2k rpm but passes the mot, I had a cyclist bang the passenger window complaining about the smoke I rolled the window down a smidge and informed the person I have paid the fee to pollute which I will carry on paying for ever gladly.

Question ….aren’t you ever concerned about the emissions from your car as you drive through urban areas ? Those with asthma /lung conditions ?

Naa,, it is not illegal so I'm all good. "

I think that says a lot about you ….

dudley

I think that says a lot about you …."

All good.

By *astandFeistyCouple 38 weeks ago

Bournemouth

All good. "

I like you're attitude here buddy

Shame it can't be seen for what it is

East Kilbride

All good. "

…for you

Terra Firma

All good.

…for you "

I think it might be worth reading the post without your immediate bias and you then might arrive at the sentiment being delivered.

East Kilbride

All good.

…for you

I think it might be worth reading the post without your immediate bias and you then might arrive at the sentiment being delivered. "

I’ve read it ….and if my bias is understanding the harms that vehicle exhaust causes to people, I guess I’m biased !

dudley

All good.

…for you

I think it might be worth reading the post without your immediate bias and you then might arrive at the sentiment being delivered.

I’ve read it ….and if my bias is understanding the harms that vehicle exhaust causes to people, I guess I’m biased !

"

Use your vote to elect a party into office who may listen to you and ban all ice vehicles, including public police fire military nhs and pizza delivery.

Terra Firma

All good.

…for you

"

I can't help you any further in seeing what the poster is alluding to.

I have a feeling the penny may drop at some point

By *addad99Man 38 weeks ago

Rotherham /newquay

On a great note just found out my vintage classic is exempt fire up the pinto

East Kilbride

All good.

…for you

Use your vote to elect a party into office who may listen to you and ban all ice vehicles, including public police fire military nhs and pizza delivery."

Err, slightly off point, but oh well - lol

By *uddy laneMan 37 weeks ago

dudley

All good.

…for you

Use your vote to elect a party into office who may listen to you and ban all ice vehicles, including public police fire military nhs and pizza delivery.

Err, slightly off point, but oh well - lol "

All ice vehicles, even the ones that are compliant spew out the stuff.

By *arkyp_321Man 37 weeks ago

East Kilbride

All good.

…for you

All ice vehicles, even the ones that are compliant spew out the stuff. "

Now venturing into the land of the ridiculous ….

By *astandFeistyCouple 37 weeks ago

Bournemouth

All good.

…for you

Now venturing into the land of the ridiculous …."

What ridiculous about saying all ice vehicles emit nasty stuff?

East Kilbride

All good.

…for you

What ridiculous about saying all ice vehicles emit nasty stuff?"

The ridiculous point is me suggesting banning all ice. As you well know. Either debate rationally or not at all.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 37 weeks ago

Gilfach

"The ridiculous point is me suggesting banning all ice. As you well know. Either debate rationally or not at all. "

You did start with "aren’t you ever concerned about the emissions from your car as you drive through urban areas ? Those with asthma /lung conditions ?".

So should we all be concerned about all emissions, or is a certain level acceptable?

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

All good.

…for you

Use your vote to elect a party into office who may listen to you and ban all ice vehicles, including public police fire military nhs and pizza delivery."

No political party would dare to propose a ban all ICE powered vehicles, not in my lifetime, that is.

Bournemouth

All good.

…for you

The ridiculous point is me suggesting banning all ice. As you well know. Either debate rationally or not at all. "

If they really cared they would ban all ICE vehicles.

As it stands, it's nothing more than another cash grab on motorists, mostly those on lower incomes.

(a ban on ICE powered vehicles) sorry..!

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 37 weeks ago

Hastings

"(a ban on ICE powered vehicles) sorry..!"

ICE Internal Combustion Engine

East Kilbride

[Removed by poster at 04/09/23 13:59:15]

East Kilbride

All good.

…for you

No political party would dare to propose a ban all ICE powered vehicles, not in my lifetime, that is."

There’s a ban on new ice vehicles in 2030, I think.

East Kilbride

"The ridiculous point is me suggesting banning all ice. As you well know. Either debate rationally or not at all.

You did start with "aren’t you ever concerned about the emissions from your car as you drive through urban areas ? Those with asthma /lung conditions ?".

So should we all be concerned about all emissions, or is a certain level acceptable?"

~sigh~ …this was is response to someone who admitted not caring about driving a ‘smoky’ vehicle in an urban area.

Yes, we should be concerned about any level of vehicle pollution, but this is about starting that journey, and yes, if it was down to me I’d largely ban all private vehicles in urban areas but ensure that connectivity remains through investment in public transit ..bus, light rail, bike, etc

All good.

…for you

No political party would dare to propose a ban all ICE powered vehicles, not in my lifetime, that is.

There’s a ban on new ice vehicles in 2030, I think. "

I'll not be here, at least, I hope I'm not...!

East Kilbride

All good.

…for you

The ridiculous point is me suggesting banning all ice. As you well know. Either debate rationally or not at all.

As it stands, it's nothing more than another cash grab on motorists, mostly those on lower incomes. "

This is about the worst, most polluting offenders where the public purse is paying compensation to those that need to upgrade. Some cash grab !!

Bournemouth

All good.

…for you

As it stands, it's nothing more than another cash grab on motorists, mostly those on lower incomes.

This is about the worst, most polluting offenders where the public purse is paying compensation to those that need to upgrade. Some cash grab !! "

Compensation

£2k does not replace a non compliant car with a compliant one

By *ittleMissFozzieWoman 37 weeks ago

Plymouth

"Had to drive to London for 2 days and paid the fee.

Will avoid London at all cost now. Have a 2015 diesel that pay no road tax due to low emissions but not ulez complient.

Just a money making scheme, nothing more.

Glad to see the bladerunners taking action against the cameras, may it continue.

"

Yet my 2013, £35 a year tax diesel IS compliant. How does that work?!

East Kilbride

All good.

…for you

This is about the worst, most polluting offenders where the public purse is paying compensation to those that need to upgrade. Some cash grab !!

Compensation

£2k does not replace a non compliant car with a compliant one"

Pays for most of it ….you think the public purse should upgrade your car ?

These proposals have been years in the making …..

Bournemouth

All good.

…for you

Compensation

These proposals have been years in the making ….."

Pays for most of it

To use your own words....

dudley

"The ridiculous point is me suggesting banning all ice. As you well know. Either debate rationally or not at all.

So should we all be concerned about all emissions, or is a certain level acceptable?

~sigh~ …this was is response to someone who admitted not caring about driving a ‘smoky’ vehicle in an urban area.

Yes, we should be concerned about any level of vehicle pollution, but this is about starting that journey, and yes, if it was down to me I’d largely ban all private vehicles in urban areas but ensure that connectivity remains through investment in public transit ..bus, light rail, bike, etc

"

I pay a fee to drive a slightly smokie vehicle, if you pay road tax your vehicle is polluting regardless of how new it is.

East Kilbride

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Pays for most of it

Now venturing into the land of the ridiculous …."

You’re saying u can’t get a compliant car for 2k or thereabouts …really ?

East Kilbride

I pay a fee to drive a slightly smokie vehicle, if you pay road tax your vehicle is polluting regardless of how new it is."

Yes, but ‘smoky’ (high NOx and particulates) vehicles disproportionately impact air quality /health …hence the whole point of ulez ‘s.

And hence my preference for the way to address the issues …

Bournemouth

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Pays for most of it

You’re saying u can’t get a compliant car for 2k or thereabouts …really ?

"

Yeah really. That's what I'm saying. Not one that is suitable for a family and is as good as current vehicle. Or thereabouts is what? An extra 200? 500? 1000?

All good.

…for you

Compensation

£2k does not replace a non compliant car with a compliant one"

Can confirm it does.

Welll, £2.4K a couple of years ago

Bournemouth

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Can confirm it does.

Welll, £2.4K a couple of years ago "

So you can't confirm. You were 400 over budget and that was a couple of years ago

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Can confirm it does.

So you can't confirm. You were 400 over budget and that was a couple of years ago "

I’d not get 2.4K for it now!

Well. I might if I cleaned it.

Bournemouth

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Can confirm it does.

So you can't confirm. You were 400 over budget and that was a couple of years ago

Well. I might if I cleaned it."

Does it fit a family and does it match my current vehicle? My vehicle isn't compliant.

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Can confirm it does.

Does it fit a family and does it match my current vehicle? My vehicle isn't compliant. "

It fits a family, yes. 5 door BMW.

Bournemouth

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Can confirm it does.

Does it fit a family and does it match my current vehicle? My vehicle isn't compliant.

It fits a family, yes. 5 door BMW."

A 5 door BMW for 2k must be pretty old/high mileage.

dudley

I pay a fee to drive a slightly smokie vehicle, if you pay road tax your vehicle is polluting regardless of how new it is.

Yes, but ‘smoky’ (high NOx and particulates) vehicles disproportionately impact air quality /health …hence the whole point of ulez ‘s.

And hence my preference for the way to address the issues …"

Keep calm

I keep it below 2k rpm.

Bournemouth

Keep calm

I keep it below 2k rpm. "

But I bet you rev the fuck out of it when you see eco protestors

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Can confirm it does.

A 5 door BMW for 2k must be pretty old/high mileage. "

Old yes. FSH and Low mileage though (90k) Hence why I bought it

Yours for 3k

Bournemouth

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Can confirm it does.

Yours for 3k "

That's a grand over my budget I'm afraid mate. No good to me.

dudley

All good.

…for you

Compensation

Can confirm it does.

Yours for 3k

That's a grand over my budget I'm afraid mate. No good to me. "

I have seen this scene before, arther daley was doing the sales pitch then though.

East Kilbride

Keep calm

I keep it below 2k rpm.

But I bet you rev the fuck out of it when you see eco protestors "

Yeah, that’ll teach ‘em folk with lung /respiratory conditions to want clean air …. but it’ll teach em eco protestors.

Prize for most childish comment ? …

Bournemouth

Keep calm

I keep it below 2k rpm.

But I bet you rev the fuck out of it when you see eco protestors

Yeah, that’ll teach ‘em folk with lung /respiratory conditions to want clean air …. but it’ll teach em eco protestors.

Prize for most childish comment ? …"

Do I win??? OMG, I've never won anything in my life. Well apart from the beauty on my arm but honestly, I was duped into believing she was perfect, turns out I got a Turkish made 'replica'

By *otMe66Man 37 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Buddy wins the catch of the year, in my books

By *ertcamembertMan 37 weeks ago

Reading area

And hence my preference for the way to address the issues …"

The whole point of ULEZ is a cash grab. There are also high levels of NOx from gas cookers in people's homes...

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 37 weeks ago

Hastings

"

So if its a company car it's fine just not a private owned one.

So if everyone has a limited company your not worried about the same pollution. Strange I find it strange it's just cars a big dirty lory is OK to a point.

East Kilbride

So if its a company car it's fine just not a private owned one.

So if everyone has a limited company your not worried about the same pollution. Strange I find it strange it's just cars a big dirty lory is OK to a point. "

No….I meant only those requiring essential access (deliveries etc).

East Kilbride

And hence my preference for the way to address the issues …The whole point of ULEZ is a cash grab. There are also high levels of NOx from gas cookers in people's homes..."

If you start from that point of view you are missing the issues which need addressing …I fail to understand the concern about incentivising (inc scrappage) the removal of the most polluting vehicles (a small % of the car fleet) from our urban areas, to the benefit of those with health conditions. Surely that’s what most folk want ….?

By * pervert in a PeartreeMan 37 weeks ago

city of Lodon

The ULEZ has nothing to do with pollution, it is the first stage of a new tax system to stop people travelling or pay high rates of tax to travel.

Sadiq Khan is the Chair of C40 cities.

C40 cities can be checked at their website www.C40.org

On the C40 website, you and see the chair is a rotating position and who the previous chairs were.

And you can see the information on companies house and look at the directors.

You can also go on to the London assembly website and search for freedom of information requests and the responses (fob off's) from the mayors office.

East Kilbride

"The ULEZ has nothing to do with pollution, it is the first stage of a new tax system to stop people travelling or pay high rates of tax to travel.

On the C40 website, you and see the chair is a rotating position and who the previous chairs were.

You can also go on to the London assembly website and search for freedom of information requests and the responses (fob off's) from the mayors office."

Yeah, looks awful…tackling climate change, making cities better, healthier and safer.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 37 weeks ago

South West London

Nothing wrong in takling pollution but ULEZ and LTNs are not the best way in doing it. You invest in new car technology thats more greener and evironmental friendly

East Kilbride

"Nothing wrong in takling pollution but ULEZ and LTNs are not the best way in doing it. You invest in new car technology thats more greener and evironmental friendly"

Partly….but cheaper public transport and active travel options more effective.

Surely ulez is about this by incentivising the removal of the most polluting vehicles ?

By * pervert in a PeartreeMan 37 weeks ago

city of Lodon

"The ULEZ has nothing to do with pollution, it is the first stage of a new tax system to stop people travelling or pay high rates of tax to travel.

You can also go on to the London assembly website and search for freedom of information requests and the responses (fob off's) from the mayors office.

Yeah, looks awful…tackling climate change, making cities better, healthier and safer. "

If it is about pollution why have they not prompted motorcycles as an alternative?

Why are they promoting people using the tube when the air in the tube is provably worse for your health?

Why did they pay scientists for a report and then not follow the recommendations?

How will it make cities better?

How will it be safer?

East Kilbride

Yeah, looks awful…tackling climate change, making cities better, healthier and safer.

If it is about pollution why have they not prompted motorcycles as an alternative?

Why are they promoting people using the tube when the air in the tube is provably worse for your health?

Why did they pay scientists for a report and then not follow the recommendations?

How will it make cities better?

How will it be safer?"

M cycles are polluting…should be promoting E scooters etc more.

So the underground is polluting, so we shouldn’t address the issues with the air all breathe….strange argument.

Better, less pollution, fewer cars, more people friendly spaces, nicer and yes safer - fewer cars, lower speeds.

» Add a new message to this topic