FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Starmer and student fees

Starmer and student fees

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man 37 weeks ago

nr faversham

What exactly is the problem with them now? You don't earn above a certain threshold, you pay nothing back. Earn over that threshold and you pay a small percentage of that extra amount. Nothing wrong with it as it stands

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iman2100Man 37 weeks ago

Glasgow

Boomers and others had grants and free tuition. It was viewed as an investment in the country.

Making people pay is viewed as a way of the rich and middle classes keeping the rest down.

None, or all, of that may be true but it's what people believe is true in politics that matters, not what the truth actually is.

By *ammskiMan 37 weeks ago

lytham st.annes

An ex girlfriend got a degree but has only just started working this year,she got her degree in 2004

By *estivalMan 37 weeks ago

borehamwood

Problem is a lot of people get degrees in bullshit subjects that aint gona help em in the workplace then moan about all the debt they have built up, if your gona go to uni at least do a subject that actually helps get a decent paid job, you get 12 to 14 years free education if you want anymore than that then pay for it and dont expect those of us who pay tax to pick up the bill

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 37 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Universities are just a business preying on the stupid now. Unless you have a genuine desire to go into a specific field that actually requires a certain degree, or you study at Oxford/Cambridge then its just one of those things marketed to young people that they don't need.

Loans are bought up as guaranteed payouts by financial companies, similar to bonds/gilts. You're essentially adding an extra tax onto someone who doesn't pay them off voluntarily for the rest of their life.

Hubby went to university but out of desperation as it was the only way he could scrape enough money to afford to move out from his old man's. It was worth it, but had he had better options he would never had done it.

By *ercuryMan 37 weeks ago

Grantham

I thought Labour's policy was to abolish them?

But then I have been to bed since then.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 37 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Labour will say any old shit if they think it gets them votes.

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"I thought Labour's policy was to abolish them?

But then I have been to bed since then."

You’ve been in bed for several months, then?

By *eroy1000Man 37 weeks ago

milton keynes

Wasn't that the lib dems or were the ones that did not want them in the first place while in coalition

By *astandFeistyCouple 37 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Labour did say that, then a u-turn, now a half-arsed attempt to appeal to students.

By *ercuryMan 37 weeks ago

Grantham

Labour can put forward any policies they wish.

The only problem now, is that multiple U turns, leaves one feeling that you can't believe anything SKS says.

By *irldnCouple 37 weeks ago

Brighton

"Labour can put forward any policies they wish.

The only problem now, is that multiple U turns, leaves one feeling that you can't believe anything SKS says."

It does leave a bad taste and dilutes trust.

I don’t know why politicians in opposition cannot always say...

“We want to do policy xyz but will not be able to know for sure until we are in Govt and can take a look at the books”

By *9alMan 37 weeks ago

Bridgend

I got a grant & tuition fees paid. why is the country so much poorer now that we cannot afford to educate the young? or look after old people ?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 37 weeks ago

golden fields

"I got a grant & tuition fees paid. why is the country so much poorer now that we cannot afford to educate the young? or look after old people ?"

I don't think it's a case the country cannot afford it anymore.

My opinion is that they don't want poorer people to have the same opportunities, plus a less educated population is easier to control.

Starmer is Thatcherism in a Red Tie….

"I got a grant & tuition fees paid. why is the country so much poorer now that we cannot afford to educate the young? or look after old people ?

I don't think it's a case the country cannot afford it anymore.

My opinion is that they don't want poorer people to have the same opportunities, plus a less educated population is easier to control."

Exactly right….

By *rauntonbananaMan 37 weeks ago

Braunton

"Boomers and others had grants and free tuition. It was viewed as an investment in the country.

Making people pay is viewed as a way of the rich and middle classes keeping the rest down.

None, or all, of that may be true but it's what people believe is true in politics that matters, not what the truth actually is. "

Relatively few “boomers” went to university compared with now and usually went on to obtain useful degrees unlike many today!!

By *9alMan 37 weeks ago

Bridgend

"Starmer is Thatcherism in a Red Tie…."

as were Blair & Brown, How do we rescue the Labor party?

borehamwood

"Starmer is Thatcherism in a Red Tie….

as were Blair & Brown, How do we rescue the Labor party? "

you dont the labour party of years ago is dead and buried and aint coming back its a party for the middle class now

as were Blair & Brown, How do we rescue the Labor party? you dont the labour party of years ago is dead and buried and aint coming back its a party for the middle class now"

An excellent question-are we a Corporatocracy or Bankocracy?

We certainly aren’t a democracy

The country solely exists on borrowing so it isn’t too much of a stretch to suggest that the banks & private enterprise & investors dictate our choices in political choice and leadership.

And it won’t change any time soon!

By *9alMan 37 weeks ago

Bridgend

as were Blair & Brown, How do we rescue the Labor party? you dont the labour party of years ago is dead and buried and aint coming back its a party for the middle class now"

Thatcherism appeals to the worst instincts of the middle classes rather than their best instincts .

By *iman2100Man 37 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Boomers and others had grants and free tuition. It was viewed as an investment in the country.

None, or all, of that may be true but it's what people believe is true in politics that matters, not what the truth actually is.

Relatively few “boomers” went to university compared with now and usually went on to obtain useful degrees unlike many today!!"

That is true. The courses were more work focussed. Media studies did not exist and a Phd in the "Works of Jackie Collins" had not been dreamed of.

By *9alMan 37 weeks ago

Bridgend

Relatively few “boomers” went to university compared with now and usually went on to obtain useful degrees unlike many today!!

That is true. The courses were more work focussed. Media studies did not exist and a Phd in the "Works of Jackie Collins" had not been dreamed of."

there have always been a lot of arty courses not relevant to jobs. I went to Harper Adams & did an HND in Agriculture last time I looked most of my fellow students are no longer involved in Agriculture. often life does not turn out as planned

By *addad99Man 37 weeks ago

Rotherham /newquay

"I got a grant & tuition fees paid. why is the country so much poorer now that we cannot afford to educate the young? or look after old people ?"
exactly we get told we are 5 6 richest country

By *AFKA HovisMan 37 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I got a grant & tuition fees paid. why is the country so much poorer now that we cannot afford to educate the young? or look after old people ? exactly we get told we are 5 6 richest country "
isn't it a volume thing? Less people went to uni back then so it was a smaller bill. We then pushed unis on ppl (positive view: to increase employability. Negative view: gets them off unemployment stats)

Bournemouth

I'd be a fan of bursaries for certain industries when in need.

Kind of like a skilled training list. We need 40000 docs? No problem, we'll make 40000 bursaries available.

Over time that will pay off.

We could solve many future problems by cancelling PPE at Oxford.

Bournemouth

"We could solve many future problems by cancelling PPE at Oxford. "

Only 19% of MPs elected in 2019 went to Oxbridge.

"We could solve many future problems by cancelling PPE at Oxford.

Only 19% of MPs elected in 2019 went to Oxbridge."

That’s a large percentage.

By *ity_BoyMan 37 weeks ago

London

"Problem is a lot of people get degrees in bullshit subjects that aint gona help em in the workplace then moan about all the debt they have built up, if your gona go to uni at least do a subject that actually helps get a decent paid job, you get 12 to 14 years free education if you want anymore than that then pay for it and dont expect those of us who pay tax to pick up the bill"

Tell that to all the tories who studied humanities

borehamwood

"Problem is a lot of people get degrees in bullshit subjects that aint gona help em in the workplace then moan about all the debt they have built up, if your gona go to uni at least do a subject that actually helps get a decent paid job, you get 12 to 14 years free education if you want anymore than that then pay for it and dont expect those of us who pay tax to pick up the bill

Tell that to all the tories who studied humanities "

why would i tell the torys anything? I give them the same amount of my time as i do to labour and that is none of my time

Bournemouth

That’s a large percentage."

Is it? It's a 3% drop from before that election.

Subsequently 15% of MPs didn't go to university.

Maybe we should ban that too seeing as it's not far away from those who did go to Oxbridge.

Or maybe we only ban Oxbridge, in which case they'll just go to LSE or Manchester, then, once those increase their shares to beyond Oxbridge current figures we can ban them too

Maybe we should ban that too seeing as it's not far away from those who did go to Oxbridge.

Or maybe we only ban Oxbridge, in which case they'll just go to LSE or Manchester, then, once those increase their shares to beyond Oxbridge current figures we can ban them too

"

If we had a better overall education system then we wouldn’t have the hot houses of privilege such as Eton,Harrow or Oxbridge would we?

Look at the cheap hustlers in government since 2010….

[Removed by poster at 23/08/23 14:36:43]

Bournemouth

If we had a better overall education system then we wouldn’t have the hot houses of privilege such as Eton,Harrow or Oxbridge would we?

Look at the cheap hustlers in government since 2010…."

Pretty sure we were talking about universities. Neither of which Eton or Harrow are

However, those are both paid for schools, there's nothing stopping you sending your children there.

"Problem is a lot of people get degrees in bullshit subjects that aint gona help em in the workplace then moan about all the debt they have built up, if your gona go to uni at least do a subject that actually helps get a decent paid job, you get 12 to 14 years free education if you want anymore than that then pay for it and dont expect those of us who pay tax to pick up the bill

Tell that to all the tories who studied humanities "

The only reading they do is Mein Kampf & the works of Ayn Rand & Hayek….oh, and the condensed works of Josef Goebbels….

Pretty sure we were talking about universities. Neither of which Eton or Harrow are

However, those are both paid for schools, there's nothing stopping you sending your children there. "

That’s why we’ll always have the ‘leaders’ we have.

"I got a grant & tuition fees paid. why is the country so much poorer now that we cannot afford to educate the young? or look after old people ? exactly we get told we are 5 6 richest country "

Not for us Serfs….

Bournemouth

However, those are both paid for schools, there's nothing stopping you sending your children there.

That’s why we’ll always have the ‘leaders’ we have."

Now they're Nazis

You've lost the argument now, enjoy your afternoon.

"I got a grant & tuition fees paid. why is the country so much poorer now that we cannot afford to educate the young? or look after old people ? exactly we get told we are 5 6 richest country isn't it a volume thing? Less people went to uni back then so it was a smaller bill. We then pushed unis on ppl (positive view: to increase employability. Negative view: gets them off unemployment stats)

Only certain people SHOULD go to university-especially on an academic level-but a broad eduction should be open to everybody….

"

[Removed by poster at 23/08/23 14:49:53]

Now they're Nazis

You've lost the argument now, enjoy your afternoon."

“Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit….”

Noel Coward

I wish they would put in as much effort for traineeships and apprenticeships.

Bournemouth

Now they're Nazis

Noel Coward"

Who was being sarcastic?

Bournemouth

"I wish they would put in as much effort for traineeships and apprenticeships."

They are supposedly trying. Whether that will come to fruition remains to be seen

By *L RogueMan 37 weeks ago

London

"I wish they would put in as much effort for traineeships and apprenticeships.

They are supposedly trying. Whether that will come to fruition remains to be seen "

Trying...

Now they're Nazis

Noel Coward

Who was being sarcastic?"

Look man you hit me with this:

“Now they're Nazis

You've lost the argument now, enjoy your afternoon”

This isn’t being sarcastic?

What point of argument did I lose?This is an exchange of views but to you it is brinkmanship and show how rude you are….you even emphasised your epistle with so what am I supposed to think?

However, those are both paid for schools, there's nothing stopping you sending your children there. "

Would you?

Bournemouth

Would you? "

I'll reply to both in one post.

There was no sarcasm when I said you've lost the argument. I was deadly serious.

Would I send my children to those schools? No, but I'm not complaining about them either

Would you?

I'll reply to both in one post.

There was no sarcasm when I said you've lost the argument. I was deadly serious.

Would I send my children to those schools? No, but I'm not complaining about them either "

Just rename yourself ‘Fast&Sarcastic’ instead….you’ve the monopoly on it!

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 37 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Look man you hit me with this:

“Now they're Nazis

This isn’t being sarcastic?"

If you're new to internet forums, Godwin's Law is that the first person to make a comparison with the Nazis has lost the argument. You brought up the comparison, so you lose. That wasn't sarcasm, that was just F&F dismissing your line of reasoning.

“Now they're Nazis

If you're new to internet forums, Godwin's Law is that the first person to make a comparison with the Nazis has lost the argument. You brought up the comparison, so you lose. That wasn't sarcasm, that was just F&F dismissing your line of reasoning."

Sorry to burst your bubble but we have the most right wing/fascist government ever.

“Now they're Nazis

If you're new to internet forums, Godwin's Law is that the first person to make a comparison with the Nazis has lost the argument. You brought up the comparison, so you lose. That wasn't sarcasm, that was just F&F dismissing your line of reasoning."

In fact the other poster used the word Nazi first I didn’t….I pointed out that this governments rhetoric & ideology is Fascist in nature.

"I wish they would put in as much effort for traineeships and apprenticeships.

They are supposedly trying. Whether that will come to fruition remains to be seen "

A fool & their rhetoric soon fall apart-you live in hope I don’t

"I'd be a fan of bursaries for certain industries when in need.

Kind of like a skilled training list. We need 40000 docs? No problem, we'll make 40000 bursaries available.

Over time that will pay off. "

Advocating debt at a time the world has so much debt that it will never be repaid….how easily people have been sold this….

as were Blair & Brown, How do we rescue the Labor party? you dont the labour party of years ago is dead and buried and aint coming back its a party for the middle class now

Thatcherism appeals to the worst instincts of the middle classes rather than their best instincts . "

Indeed it does!

By *mateur100 OP   Man 37 weeks ago

nr faversham

as were Blair & Brown, How do we rescue the Labor party? you dont the labour party of years ago is dead and buried and aint coming back its a party for the middle class now

Thatcherism appeals to the worst instincts of the middle classes rather than their best instincts .

Indeed it does! "

No, it doesn't

By *otMe66Man 37 weeks ago

Terra Firma

“Now they're Nazis

If you're new to internet forums, Godwin's Law is that the first person to make a comparison with the Nazis has lost the argument. You brought up the comparison, so you lose. That wasn't sarcasm, that was just F&F dismissing your line of reasoning.

Sorry to burst your bubble but we have the most right wing/fascist government ever."

Fascist government

What did I miss in the last 13 years?

“Now they're Nazis

Sorry to burst your bubble but we have the most right wing/fascist government ever.

Fascist government

What did I miss in the last 13 years?"

You need SPECSAVERS!

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 37 weeks ago

Gilfach

“Now they're Nazis

This isn’t being sarcastic?"

"If you're new to internet forums, Godwin's Law is that the first person to make a comparison with the Nazis has lost the argument. You brought up the comparison, so you lose. That wasn't sarcasm, that was just F&F dismissing your line of reasoning."

"In fact the other poster used the word Nazi first I didn’t….I pointed out that this governments rhetoric & ideology is Fascist in nature."

What you in fact said was "The only reading they do is Mein Kampf & the works of Ayn Rand & Hayek….oh, and the condensed works of Josef Goebbels…". So, yes, you didn't use the word 'Nazi' first, but you were definitely the first to reference them.

By *otMe66Man 37 weeks ago

Terra Firma

“Now they're Nazis

Fascist government

You need SPECSAVERS! "

educate me

Bournemouth

“Now they're Nazis

Fascist government

You need SPECSAVERS! "

I can't be arsed to quote every single post but I think you win the forums FUNNIEST ACT award today

By *orleymanMan 37 weeks ago

Leeds

Now they're Nazis

You've lost the argument now, enjoy your afternoon."

Jesus christ.hahahahaha

By *melie LALWoman 37 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Labour can put forward any policies they wish.

The only problem now, is that multiple U turns, leaves one feeling that you can't believe anything SKS says."

I think it was a Corbyn election mandate.

Peterborough

I don't think it's that many. But get your point.

Peterborough

"We could solve many future problems by cancelling PPE at Oxford. "

Peterborough

“Now they're Nazis

Tesco!

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 37 weeks ago

Hastings

Why not most industries you would get sponsored buy an employer to get a degree and a job at the end.

Tied to work for x years or pay back the cost.

Probably less in universities but the ones that are going are probably the best and have a job at the end..

By *uddy laneMan 37 weeks ago

dudley

Why not most industries you would get sponsored buy an employer to get a degree and a job at the end.

Probably less in universities but the ones that are going are probably the best and have a job at the end.."

Degrees mean nothing in a skilled job that takes years to master, I would pick someone that are time served in a profession for 20 odd years over someone with a new degree.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 37 weeks ago

South West London

But yet despite his constant flip flopping on everything most of you are considering voting for Keir Starmer as Prime Minister

By *bernathCouple 37 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 24/08/23 03:05:48]

Bournemouth

Probably less in universities but the ones that are going are probably the best and have a job at the end.."

It could be applied to most industries. I just used doctors as an example.

“Now they're Nazis

Fascist government

You need SPECSAVERS!

educate me "

You are hopeless as well as blind

Probably less in universities but the ones that are going are probably the best and have a job at the end..

It could be applied to most industries. I just used doctors as an example. "

Simple flip reverse it. Free tuition for docs, nurses and for that they have to sign up retainment to NHS for 5/10 years once qualified.

Brighton

It could be applied to most industries. I just used doctors as an example.

Simple flip reverse it. Free tuition for docs, nurses and for that they have to sign up retainment to NHS for 5/10 years once qualified."

Totally agree

Brighton

Degrees mean nothing in a skilled job that takes years to master, I would pick someone that are time served in a profession for 20 odd years over someone with a new degree."

I agree but part of the problem is HR departments and recruitment agencies have been using “having a degree” as a shortlisting tool before CVs even reach the person doing the recruitment.

Degrees mean nothing in a skilled job that takes years to master, I would pick someone that are time served in a profession for 20 odd years over someone with a new degree.

I agree but part of the problem is HR departments and recruitment agencies have been using “having a degree” as a shortlisting tool before CVs even reach the person doing the recruitment. "

You cannot learn anything without experience

Brighton

I agree but part of the problem is HR departments and recruitment agencies have been using “having a degree” as a shortlisting tool before CVs even reach the person doing the recruitment.

You cannot learn anything without experience

"

Indeed. HR teams tend to have it all wrong.

By *ogo1189Man 36 weeks ago

Rossendale

With everything being automated people are already losing there jobs

There aren’t mass scale redundancies, instead retiring workers aren’t being replaced. Fewer opportunities

The only solution is to retrain

Yet student finance and the DofE only lets you train once

The system needs a total overhaul

I don’t know what starmer said but knowing him it will be a half assed approach that he’s advertising as an overhaul

May he meet thatcher below in the afterlife

By *irty_DeedsMan 36 weeks ago

Teesside

You don't, anyone who isn't a centrist will just get the Corbyn treatment by the media. Might not be anti-semitism this time but it'll be some bullshit to scare off the gullible masses. Can't have anyone who gives a shit about the poor in power.

Rossendale

as were Blair & Brown, How do we rescue the Labor party? You don't, anyone who isn't a centrist will just get the Corbyn treatment by the media. Might not be anti-semitism this time but it'll be some bullshit to scare off the gullible masses. Can't have anyone who gives a shit about the poor in power."

I hate how much I agree with this. I’ve given up on voting since what happened to Corbyn

By *ostindreamsMan 36 weeks ago

London

"With everything being automated people are already losing there jobs

There aren’t mass scale redundancies, instead retiring workers aren’t being replaced. Fewer opportunities

I don’t know what starmer said but knowing him it will be a half assed approach that he’s advertising as an overhaul

May he meet thatcher below in the afterlife "

UK's unemployment rate has been getting lower for a decade now. Job vacancies are still high and companies are struggling to find workers. So no, the system doesn't need an overhaul.

By *AFKA HovisMan 36 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

UK's unemployment rate has been getting lower for a decade now. Job vacancies are still high and companies are struggling to find workers. So no, the system doesn't need an overhaul. "

part of this will depend on where gne vacancies are and why they are struggling.

If most people are in min wage and the gaps are specialised we'll paid roles, there may be value in retraining.

Rossendale

UK's unemployment rate has been getting lower for a decade now. Job vacancies are still high and companies are struggling to find workers. So no, the system doesn't need an overhaul. part of this will depend on where gne vacancies are and why they are struggling.

If most people are in min wage and the gaps are specialised we'll paid roles, there may be value in retraining.

"

Vacancies are high because employers don’t want to pay to train people to carry out the roles, not because there is more opportunity than ever before

Unemployment is low because zero hour contracts are included in the figures

There’s a reason they got rid of tax credits. Now there are no longer any official figures for “in work benefits” - ie people who work full time but don’t earn enough to live

The only real solution is for education to be made free

Look at the ongoing situation with the lack of HGV drivers

Everyone needs them. Nobody wants to pay for them. Drivers don’t earn enough to pay for themselves because they’re on “in work benefits”

And it doesn’t stop there. Specialist engineering sectors are lacking skills and so the work is having to be sent abroad despite the market preferring British engineers

The solution is free education

I always find it remarkable that the people that say you can’t have everything for free are also the first to say you have to spend money to make money

How about the government invests in its people and economy by offering free education

You have to spend money to make money after all

By *eroy1000Man 36 weeks ago

milton keynes

The distancing from the corbyn days seems to be continuing. If you have been wanting higher taxes for the rich and big companies then Labour seem to have now ruled that out. No wealth tax, no increase in capital gains tax, no targeting expensive houses and no increase in the top rate of income tax.

Rossendale

"The distancing from the corbyn days seems to be continuing. If you have been wanting higher taxes for the rich and big companies then Labour seem to have now ruled that out. No wealth tax, no increase in capital gains tax, no targeting expensive houses and no increase in the top rate of income tax. "

In short: no change in politics from the current government

The man’s just thatcher in drag

By *astandFeistyCouple 36 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"The distancing from the corbyn days seems to be continuing. If you have been wanting higher taxes for the rich and big companies then Labour seem to have now ruled that out. No wealth tax, no increase in capital gains tax, no targeting expensive houses and no increase in the top rate of income tax. "

As much as I dislike his moving on policies all the time. He recognises that the electorate largely want centrist policies so there will be no radical changes.

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

"The distancing from the corbyn days seems to be continuing. If you have been wanting higher taxes for the rich and big companies then Labour seem to have now ruled that out. No wealth tax, no increase in capital gains tax, no targeting expensive houses and no increase in the top rate of income tax.

As much as I dislike his moving on policies all the time. He recognises that the electorate largely want centrist policies so there will be no radical changes. "

He's recognising nothing. He's another charlatan that will say and use anyone to climb the ladder of power. Then stab them in the back.

Another one of countless politicians that don't seem to have any strong principles of their own.

Rossendale

"The distancing from the corbyn days seems to be continuing. If you have been wanting higher taxes for the rich and big companies then Labour seem to have now ruled that out. No wealth tax, no increase in capital gains tax, no targeting expensive houses and no increase in the top rate of income tax.

As much as I dislike his moving on policies all the time. He recognises that the electorate largely want centrist policies so there will be no radical changes.

He's recognising nothing. He's another charlatan that will say and use anyone to climb the ladder of power. Then stab them in the back.

Another one of countless politicians that don't seem to have any strong principles of their own."

Things will always Centre around the middle ground. That’s why it’s the middle

Lots of things people like, nothing that people love

It’s lazy, arrogant, and defeatist

It’s the easy road and never needs to consider what people actually want. Enough people want a left wing government for one to actually get in

But that’s what Heir starmer is there for- to stop a move to the left, not to achieve one

Bournemouth

Another one of countless politicians that don't seem to have any strong principles of their own.

It’s the easy road and never needs to consider what people actually want. Enough people want a left wing government for one to actually get in

But that’s what Heir starmer is there for- to stop a move to the left, not to achieve one"

At the last count enough people did not want a left wing governement. Hence, we don't have one and are highly unlikely to get one in our lifetimes.

You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Bournemouth

Another one of countless politicians that don't seem to have any strong principles of their own."

Luckily for him, he's chosen the centre ground and you're shit out of luck.

Braverman has strong principles but I guarantee you don't want her. What you're really saying is anyone whonisnt left enough for you is a charlatan

Rossendale

But that’s what Heir starmer is there for- to stop a move to the left, not to achieve one

At the last count enough people did not want a left wing governement. Hence, we don't have one and are highly unlikely to get one in our lifetimes.

You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise. "

Have a look at the bias newspapers thread if you thought that was a fair count. I’m not getting into that one

Half of Labour’s manifesto pledges have had to be brought in since the last election anyway so I don’t think most of the proposals were particularly left wing

Braverman has strong principles but I guarantee you don't want her. What you're really saying is anyone whonisnt left enough for you is a charlatan "

Where did I say left enough. Ive not voted for Labour for since the last century ended. I've voted Conservative after that.

Just because I detest another Johnson wannabe and backstabbers, dont think you know my politics.

Bournemouth

Have a look at the bias newspapers thread if you thought that was a fair count. I’m not getting into that one

Half of Labour’s manifesto pledges have had to be brought in since the last election anyway so I don’t think most of the proposals were particularly left wing"

I don't need to look at the thread, I've participated. I also done one about a month back so I'm well aware of media bias

Most of Corbyns proposals weren't left wing? Really?

Bournemouth

Braverman has strong principles but I guarantee you don't want her. What you're really saying is anyone whonisnt left enough for you is a charlatan

Where did I say left enough. Ive not voted for Labour for since the last century ended. I've voted Conservative after that.

Just because I detest another Johnson wannabe and backstabbers, dont think you know my politics."

They're all backstabbers. I'll retract the 'left enough' statement.

You mention last century, does that mean you voted Blair? Starmer is very much Blairesque

Would you vote for Braverman?

Rossendale

Half of Labour’s manifesto pledges have had to be brought in since the last election anyway so I don’t think most of the proposals were particularly left wing

I don't need to look at the thread, I've participated. I also done one about a month back so I'm well aware of media bias

Most of Corbyns proposals weren't left wing? Really?"

The Tories brought half of them in after saying they shouldn’t be, so I suppose it depends on what you define as left wing

Bournemouth

The Tories brought half of them in after saying they shouldn’t be, so I suppose it depends on what you define as left wing"

That didn't answer my question.

Rossendale

The Tories brought half of them in after saying they shouldn’t be, so I suppose it depends on what you define as left wing

That didn't answer my question."

What’s your question?

Bournemouth

What’s your question?"

Do you really believe Corbyns manifesto wasn't left wing?

What’s your question?

"

It was left wing compared to what we’ve experienced in the past couple of decades. Other nations (some Scandinavians, for example) would consider it very moderate.

Just because I detest another Johnson wannabe and backstabbers, dont think you know my politics.

You mention last century, does that mean you voted Blair? Starmer is very much Blairesque

Would you vote for Braverman?"

I did vote Blair. I would describe my politics has a mixture of some traditional Labour policies and Conservative policies. Which probably makes me a centrist. Unfortunately both parties have failed their traditional voters and have become populist parties.

Has a person who has feeling for his fellow man or woman, asking if I would vote for Braverman is just silly.

Bournemouth

I did vote Blair. I would describe my politics has a mixture of some traditional Labour policies and Conservative policies. Which probably makes me a centrist. Unfortunately both parties have failed their traditional voters and have become populist parties.

Has a person who has feeling for his fellow man or woman, asking if I would vote for Braverman is just silly."

Well I asked as she's a person in power who has strong principles and that seemed to be one of your criteria.

Bournemouth

What’s your question?

It was left wing compared to what we’ve experienced in the past couple of decades. Other nations (some Scandinavians, for example) would consider it very moderate."

I hate to break it to you, buddy.

We're not in Scandinavia

What’s your question?

It was left wing compared to what we’ve experienced in the past couple of decades. Other nations (some Scandinavians, for example) would consider it very moderate.

We're not in Scandinavia "

Just as well, we can’t have the public experiencing a bit of soc-Dem. They might like it!

By *wisted999Man 36 weeks ago

North Bucks

What’s your question?

We're not in Scandinavia

Just as well, we can’t have the public experiencing a bit of soc-Dem. They might like it!"

How’s that Soc Dem going down in Scandinavia at the moment. Last I heard they were turning away from it?

Has a person who has feeling for his fellow man or woman, asking if I would vote for Braverman is just silly.

Well I asked as she's a person in power who has strong principles and that seemed to be one of your criteria.

"

Fortunately I have more than one criteria, has I presume most of us and you included also have.

What’s your question?

We're not in Scandinavia

Just as well, we can’t have the public experiencing a bit of soc-Dem. They might like it!

How’s that Soc Dem going down in Scandinavia at the moment. Last I heard they were turning away from it? "

Politics ebbs and flows, does it not? Just as the British public are turning away from the tories.

By *wisted999Man 36 weeks ago

North Bucks

What’s your question?

We're not in Scandinavia

How’s that Soc Dem going down in Scandinavia at the moment. Last I heard they were turning away from it?

Politics ebbs and flows, does it not? Just as the British public are turning away from the tories. "

Certainly seems to have ebbed somewhat in Europe who appear to be on a lurch to the right.

Let’s see what happens here I am not writing the the tories off yet. The same old stale politics never seems to change here

» Add a new message to this topic