FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > WHY DON'T WE LIKE DONALD TRUMP ?

WHY DON'T WE LIKE DONALD TRUMP ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *poolgroupfun OP   Man 34 weeks ago

Liverpool

WHY DON'T WE LIKE DONALD TRUMP ?

Not mine but I thought I would share this.

Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W Bush look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exy_HornyCouple 34 weeks ago

Leigh

It sums him up nicely.

However, what is the alternative in America? Their system is so broken that only those with huge amounts of money can run.

So Trump vs Senile Jo is a likely outcome. The world will become even more dangerous whichever of those two wins.

Then again, we have a similarly poor choice here next year.

By *uddy laneMan 34 weeks ago

dudley

So nate white does not like Mr trump, he had to write it down before he went pop obviously.

By (user no longer on site) 34 weeks ago

"WHY DON'T WE LIKE DONALD TRUMP ?

Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W Bush look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump."

Another shill..........

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

Another shill.........."

A shill is ‘a confidence trickster’s assistant’

Given that Trump is possibly the world’s most prominent confidence trickster….

By *atureGuy62Man 34 weeks ago

DE7

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump."

We can vote him out, it's his wife I feel sorry for she always looks miserable

By *ickeyandmouseCouple 34 weeks ago

nr Alicante

Wow how brilliant is that

Another shill..........

Given that Trump is possibly the world’s most prominent confidence trickster…."

Wrong, sorry.

Nothing to do with a 'confidence trickster'.

A shill is a person decoying as an 'enthusiastic customer used to stimulate the participation of others'.

Another shill..........

Wrong, sorry.

A shill is a person decoying as an 'enthusiastic customer used to stimulate the participation of others'.

"

Google is your friend. American English (which is its general modern usage) Glad to have taught you something today.

Another shill..........

Wrong, sorry.

Google is your friend. American English (which is its general modern usage) Glad to have taught you something today.

"

You have taught me nothing.

How could you....??!

By *astandFeistyCouple 34 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Another shill..........

Wrong, sorry.

"

shill

/??l/

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN

noun

an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

Being that Eva is the person who used the word I'm sure she knows what she meant by it.

Your arrogance is astounding.

Thank you, Feisty..!

Another shill..........

Wrong, sorry.

shill

/??l/

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN

noun

an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

Being that Eva is the person who used the word I'm sure she knows what she meant by it.

Your arrogance is astounding. "

Feisty, you’ve waded in with both size nines again. And you’ve had a ‘mare. Again.

As we’ve seen from your definition, ‘confidence trickster’ was mentioned, which Eva said it was unrelated to.

My definition was a valid one - As you’ve literally just backed up. I made no claim of what Eva was stating, because unlike you I don’t pretend I know what others are thinking.

By *irldnCouple 34 weeks ago

Brighton

Another shill.........."

Does he have a mobility scooter?

Another shill..........

Does he have a mobility scooter?"

Trump? It’s the best mobility scooter. Quite incredible, actually. Probably the best. Almost certainly the best. That’s what they tell me, anyway. I don’t know. But that’s what they say .

By *irldnCouple 34 weeks ago

Brighton

Another shill..........

Does he have a mobility scooter?

Trump? It’s the best mobility scooter. Quite incredible, actually. Probably the best. Almost certainly the best. That’s what they tell me, anyway. I don’t know. But that’s what they say ."

That would be his reply! Ha!

Eva seems to think people have mobility scooters according to another thread. I thought it must be some new cool line young’uns use these days so was trying to be down with the kids!

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 34 weeks ago

golden fields

"It sums him up nicely.

However, what is the alternative in America? Their system is so broken that only those with huge amounts of money can run.

So Trump vs Senile Jo is a likely outcome. The world will become even more dangerous whichever of those two wins.

Then again, we have a similarly poor choice here next year."

I'd say the system is working perfectly. Absolutely zero chance of anyone bringing in any meaningful positive change. Either there or here.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 34 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

"Does he have a mobility scooter?

Trump? It’s the best mobility scooter. Quite incredible, actually. Probably the best. Almost certainly the best. That’s what they tell me, anyway. I don’t know. But that’s what they say ."

Bigly

Trump 2024

By *otMe66Man 34 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Trump 2024 "

The haters are providing his way in

"Trump 2024

The haters are providing his way in "

Exactly Honestly the author is triggered and wanting to feel special. Got to love opinion pieces like this. Like us Americans care about British politics. He is clearly joining the bandwagon to get likes.

Last time I checked Trump is a American not British. So comparing him to a British standard well is kind of a moot point.

By *otMe66Man 34 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Last time I checked Trump is a American not British. So comparing him to a British standard well is kind of a moot point."

The OP is a gullible repost, but that is how these things get the exposure... all a little embarrassing

"Last time I checked Trump is a American not British. So comparing him to a British standard well is kind of a moot point.

The OP is a gullible repost, but that is how these things get the exposure... all a little embarrassing

"

lol it's ok I am use to the perceived British superiority complex. The author stated the underdog. Yet us underdogs is a reason why we exist.

A time where America was once one of the lower nations in the world. Infact, we were not even a nation yet. We were a group of people fighting oppression that had been cast upon us by the British. We were the underdogs, and we should not have ever had to get into a war, but we did.

By *9alMan 34 weeks ago

Bridgend

Trumps family come from Germany & Scotland so not the fault of the English

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 34 weeks ago

golden fields

"Last time I checked Trump is a American not British. So comparing him to a British standard well is kind of a moot point.

"

Not wrong though.

By *ornucopiaMan 34 weeks ago

Bexley

If this thread makes 175, will it not already have got far too long by virtue of repeatedly having the OP quoted at length?

By *ustintime69Man 33 weeks ago

Bristol

It all seems like fair comment to me. Trump is a small time huckster whose only shtick has been to attack and insult his opponents with his relentless bullying until the gullible and hate filled think that he’s some kind of a hero. It’s not our fault that so many Americans can’t see through his patter or recognise what an obnoxious prick he really is!

By (user no longer on site) 33 weeks ago

"It all seems like fair comment to me. Trump is a small time huckster whose only shtick has been to attack and insult his opponents with his relentless bullying until the gullible and hate filled think that he’s some kind of a hero. It’s not our fault that so many Americans can’t see through his patter or recognise what an obnoxious prick he really is! "
kind of like Brexit. The guilable voting for something they want. Oh those poor ignorant guilable people.

Bristol

"It all seems like fair comment to me. Trump is a small time huckster whose only shtick has been to attack and insult his opponents with his relentless bullying until the gullible and hate filled think that he’s some kind of a hero. It’s not our fault that so many Americans can’t see through his patter or recognise what an obnoxious prick he really is! kind of like Brexit. The guilable voting for something they want. Oh those poor ignorant guilable people."

Yep…same twats different country

"It all seems like fair comment to me. Trump is a small time huckster whose only shtick has been to attack and insult his opponents with his relentless bullying until the gullible and hate filled think that he’s some kind of a hero. It’s not our fault that so many Americans can’t see through his patter or recognise what an obnoxious prick he really is! kind of like Brexit. The guilable voting for something they want. Oh those poor ignorant guilable people.

Yep…same twats different country "

Yup but us twats get to vote again for changing a mistake.

By *astandFeistyCouple 33 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"It all seems like fair comment to me. Trump is a small time huckster whose only shtick has been to attack and insult his opponents with his relentless bullying until the gullible and hate filled think that he’s some kind of a hero. It’s not our fault that so many Americans can’t see through his patter or recognise what an obnoxious prick he really is! "

You're obviously entitled to your opinion on Trump but small time?

The guy was the American President

"It all seems like fair comment to me. Trump is a small time huckster whose only shtick has been to attack and insult his opponents with his relentless bullying until the gullible and hate filled think that he’s some kind of a hero. It’s not our fault that so many Americans can’t see through his patter or recognise what an obnoxious prick he really is! kind of like Brexit. The guilable voting for something they want. Oh those poor ignorant guilable people."

Poor example to be fair. Polling now shows that a majority (55% to around 35%) of people believe Brexit was the wrong decision.

"It all seems like fair comment to me. Trump is a small time huckster whose only shtick has been to attack and insult his opponents with his relentless bullying until the gullible and hate filled think that he’s some kind of a hero. It’s not our fault that so many Americans can’t see through his patter or recognise what an obnoxious prick he really is! kind of like Brexit. The guilable voting for something they want. Oh those poor ignorant guilable people.

Poor example to be fair. Polling now shows that a majority (55% to around 35%) of people believe Brexit was the wrong decision. "

Just like how Biden was elected was a wrong decision. Polling showing .

By *aturerossCouple 33 weeks ago

Ross on Wye

MAGA = Trump.

Trump said in a interview with Tucker Carson.

So we built a thing called the Panama Canal. We lost 35,000 people to the mosquito. We lost 35,000 people building. We lost 35,000 people because of the mosquito. Vicious.

When in fact.

One of the largest and most ambitious engineering projects in modern history, the Panama Canal was also one of the deadliest, at 30,609 deaths. France managed the construction starting in 1880, which likely saw a death count of about 25,000 people, most killed not by construction incidents but by yellow fever and malaria. (The French would only officially record deaths that took place at their hospitals, which was a very small number overall.) After the U.S. took over construction in 1904, figures collected on the canal's site show that 5,609 workers died of diseases and accidents. A majority of the men who died under U.S. management were natives to the area. Only 350 of the U.S. deaths were white Americans.

How long are politicians going to be able to keep broadcasting lies without any questions.

By *aGaGagging for itCouple 33 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Beacuse he's a narcissist.

Bristol

"It all seems like fair comment to me. Trump is a small time huckster whose only shtick has been to attack and insult his opponents with his relentless bullying until the gullible and hate filled think that he’s some kind of a hero. It’s not our fault that so many Americans can’t see through his patter or recognise what an obnoxious prick he really is!

The guy was the American President "

So I wonder what most of the world will remember Trump for then? I doubt it will be for his leadership and diplomatic gifts. Perhaps impeachment for inciting rebellion against the US constitution and becoming the first President to end his days in jail? One can only wish

Oh and if it’s any consolation I would love our ex PM Johnson to be behind bars for his corruption and cronyism too

By *orleymanMan 33 weeks ago

Leeds

Nothing on his policies then?

By *astandFeistyCouple 33 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"It all seems like fair comment to me. Trump is a small time huckster whose only shtick has been to attack and insult his opponents with his relentless bullying until the gullible and hate filled think that he’s some kind of a hero. It’s not our fault that so many Americans can’t see through his patter or recognise what an obnoxious prick he really is!

So I wonder what most of the world will remember Trump for then? I doubt it will be for his leadership and diplomatic gifts. Perhaps impeachment for inciting rebellion against the US constitution and becoming the first President to end his days in jail? One can only wish

Oh and if it’s any consolation I would love our ex PM Johnson to be behind bars for his corruption and cronyism too"

It's a shame you have nothing more than rants.

Oh and if it’s any consolation I would love our ex PM Johnson to be behind bars for his corruption and cronyism too"

Like we care what the rest of the world thinks clearly that is the sentiment when he is likely to be the nominee.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 33 weeks ago

golden fields

"Nothing on his policies then?"

Tax breaks for himself and his rich pals.

Removing the US from the Paris Climate agreement.

Keystone oil pipeline.

Moving the US embassy in Israel.

Trying to remove healthcare from millions of Americans during the worst pandemic in living memory.

As a few random examples.

By *estivalMan 33 weeks ago

borehamwood

rebellion pmsl if you think a few trump supporters mooching around the capitol is a rebellion id hate to think what you would make of a real rebellion and as for ending his days in prison got news for you he aint gona see the inside of a prison cell, as for what id remember trump for well he definatley the most entertaining president ive seen in my life time

"Nothing on his policies then?

Keystone oil pipeline.

Trying to remove healthcare from millions of Americans during the worst pandemic in living memory.

"

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

Keystone oil pipeline.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/"

. It's straight information from the national archives.

golden fields

Keystone oil pipeline.

That's really funny. The Lord Of The Rings is closer to reality.

Keystone oil pipeline.

That's really funny. The Lord Of The Rings is closer to reality. "

Nice it would be a tetralogy.

golden fields

Keystone oil pipeline.

That's really funny. The Lord Of The Rings is closer to reality. Nice it would be a tetralogy."

I had to use Google to know for sure what that word means!

By *orleymanMan 33 weeks ago

Leeds

Keystone oil pipeline.

"

Which of these have been overturned?

Oh and if it’s any consolation I would love our ex PM Johnson to be behind bars for his corruption and cronyism toorebellion pmsl if you think a few trump supporters mooching around the capitol is a rebellion id hate to think what you would make of a real rebellion and as for ending his days in prison got news for you he aint gona see the inside of a prison cell, as for what id remember trump for well he definatley the most entertaining president ive seen in my life time"

A few trump supporters mooching around the Capitol?

You know people died, right?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 33 weeks ago

Gilfach

"You know people died, right? "

Five people died. One police officer, who suffered multiple strokes. One rioter that was shot by Capitol security. One rioter that was crushed to death by the crowd. One bystander that had a heart attack, and another that had a stroke.

Bristol

Oh and if it’s any consolation I would love our ex PM Johnson to be behind bars for his corruption and cronyism toorebellion pmsl if you think a few trump supporters mooching around the capitol is a rebellion id hate to think what you would make of a real rebellion and as for ending his days in prison got news for you he aint gona see the inside of a prison cell, as for what id remember trump for well he definatley the most entertaining president ive seen in my life time"

Five people dead isn’t really my idea of being entertaining!

By *d StrakerMan 33 weeks ago

Basildon

Cos like our own Boris Johnson he really is a truly repugnant, vile human being who conned enough fucking idiots into believing that he is going to improve their lives when in fact he is only out to improve his own wallet and for them to masturbate his ego.

The fact that there is still people who would like to put both back in power shows how fucked up the world truly is

Bristol

Oh and if it’s any consolation I would love our ex PM Johnson to be behind bars for his corruption and cronyism too

It's a shame you have nothing more than rants. "

Rants? I thought I was being quite reasonable

By *abioMan 33 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Keystone oil pipeline.

Don’t mention trump’s healthcare plan… it’s been about 3 weeks away for the last 8 years!!!!

[Removed by poster at 20/09/23 22:22:14]

An insult to The Creature in Frankenstein….he is humane,sensitive, curious & intelligent and is EVERYTHING Trump isn’t….

An insult to The Creature in Frankenstein….he is humane,sensitive, curious & intelligent and is EVERYTHING Trump isn’t….

"

and yet go look at the polls.

By *estivalMan 33 weeks ago

borehamwood

Oh and if it’s any consolation I would love our ex PM Johnson to be behind bars for his corruption and cronyism toorebellion pmsl if you think a few trump supporters mooching around the capitol is a rebellion id hate to think what you would make of a real rebellion and as for ending his days in prison got news for you he aint gona see the inside of a prison cell, as for what id remember trump for well he definatley the most entertaining president ive seen in my life time

A few trump supporters mooching around the Capitol?

You know people died, right? "

yea one old bill and the rest the protesters that your so disguted about, im surprised you care i meen there insurrectionists after all

golden fields

Keystone oil pipeline.

Which of these have been overturned?"

What's this got to do with your original question?

By *enSiskoMan 33 weeks ago

Cestus 3

I remember one night I was watching the beeb it was live from the USA they were introducing candidates for running for president, my jaw dropped when I saw trump.i was surprised as he was the last person I thought I would see running for the top job.

but he got there which also surprised me, but Ragan managed it.

my opinion is I either like him or dislike him, I wonder why a president is being treated in such a way, I have seen worst and seen them walk away, so whats different about trump?

By *abioMan 33 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Keystone oil pipeline.

Which of these have been overturned?"

Well… the US have rejoined the Paris climate change agreement….

And the keystone XL pipeline was revoked… then abandoned….

And trump did try to remove the ACA… and was only stopped in the end by John McCain

So…. 3 out of 5 I suppose

By *abioMan 32 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Anyway…. Trump losing the NY civil case regardless the business organisation against the NY ag may actually end up stinging him the most… as basically because the judge has decided the trump organisation has conducted massive fraud, the NY ag wants 250 million dollars in damages and his business license revoked in the state, which basically means all his property and assets in the state will be sold off by the receiver

By *ustintime69Man 32 weeks ago

Bristol

"Anyway…. Trump losing the NY civil case regardless the business organisation against the NY ag may actually end up stinging him the most… as basically because the judge has decided the trump organisation has conducted massive fraud, the NY ag wants 250 million dollars in damages and his business license revoked in the state, which basically means all his property and assets in the state will be sold off by the receiver "

I have to say that news made me smile and hearing that Trumps attorneys had been fined 7500 dollars each for wasting the courts time on spurious arguments!

I guess that golden sign outside Trump tower is just brass plated after all!

By *ykmwyldTV/TS 32 weeks ago

Belpre

Trump has always been the poorest excuse for a human being, thats reason enough for anyone !

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

"Trump has always been the poorest excuse for a human being, thats reason enough for anyone !"
and what is Bidens excuse? Maybe you should go look at the polling.

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

"Trump has always been the poorest excuse for a human being, thats reason enough for anyone ! and what is Bidens excuse? Maybe you should go look at the polling."

Without turning this on anyone, without discussing Biden or his family, sticking only to the man himself - what’s your view on Trump’s ‘persistent and repeated fraud’?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 32 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Anyway…. Trump losing the NY civil case regardless the business organisation against the NY ag may actually end up stinging him the most… as basically because the judge has decided the trump organisation has conducted massive fraud, the NY ag wants 250 million dollars in damages and his business license revoked in the state, which basically means all his property and assets in the state will be sold off by the receiver "

Trump hasn't actually lost the case, it's still going on. The judge made a ruling of fact that Trump had repeatedly committed fraud in relation to property valuations, so that the case could be moved on more expeditiously. Now that the ruling has been made, the court has to identify whether anyone lost out due to this fraud.

By *abioMan 32 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anyway…. Trump losing the NY civil case regardless the business organisation against the NY ag may actually end up stinging him the most… as basically because the judge has decided the trump organisation has conducted massive fraud, the NY ag wants 250 million dollars in damages and his business license revoked in the state, which basically means all his property and assets in the state will be sold off by the receiver

Trump hasn't actually lost the case, it's still going on. The judge made a ruling of fact that Trump had repeatedly committed fraud in relation to property valuations, so that the case could be moved on more expeditiously. Now that the ruling has been made, the court has to identify whether anyone lost out due to this fraud."

No… trump has lost the preliminary summary judgment bit.. the judge found that the trump organisation has committed fraud to the excess of billions of dollars on real estate property values

The trial bit now is to work out exactly how much he will need to cough up! Which is going to be “the penalty” plus “interest “ plus whatever licences are revoked to prevent his company doing any further business in the state

Trump had argued that there should be no penalty as everything was paid with interest , NY state argued that he got loans at preferential interest rates as the figure he put of his assets were inflated, whilst also at the same time claiming them at much lower values for the purpose of paying less taxes to the state

Trump claimed all companies do this, NY state said there is a difference between a mistake, and doing this on massive scales… example being his own personal property in trump tower where he inflated his house size by over 3 times to increase its value

NY state had asked for 250 million dollars… this figure based on the ruling is going to be the absolute minimum

The judge is basically inciting the value of engrossed earnings based on fraudulent information… simple way to explain is this:

If you take 100 pounds out of a shop counter without permission… this is theft

Now… if you took that money… went straight to the bookies… put it on a horse at 10-1… win… went straight back to the shop.. and put the money back in the till

Trump is arguing that since everything was returned.. heck .. put 50 in as well… that is okay, victimless crime, every benefits!

What NY state said.. and the judge agreed, is that the other 950 earned is engrossed illegal money, and that money wouldn’t have tax paid on it

By *9alMan 32 weeks ago

Bridgend

"Trump has always been the poorest excuse for a human being, thats reason enough for anyone ! and what is Bidens excuse? Maybe you should go look at the polling."

America is a big country surely they can find more suitable presidential candidates who are not too old or too crooked for the office?

By *exy_HornyCouple 32 weeks ago

Leigh

"Trump has always been the poorest excuse for a human being, thats reason enough for anyone ! and what is Bidens excuse? Maybe you should go look at the polling.

America is a big country surely they can find more suitable presidential candidates who are not too old or too crooked for the office? "

No, as the only requirement to be president is to have money to fund the campaign. The one with the most money wins.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 32 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

What's the general message about Trump that gets put out by state media? Is it positive or is it negative. Whichever slant it takes is it intended to inform or more to persuade, or even distract from other things? Therein lies your answer as to why 'Orange man bad'.

By *orleymanMan 32 weeks ago

Leeds

Keystone oil pipeline.

What's this got to do with your original question?"

I'm not sure I'd agree they're all bad.

But if they're that bad and the reason we don't like DT. Surely this democrat governemnt overturned them in its 3 years in charge?

Leeds

Keystone oil pipeline.

And trump did try to remove the ACA… and was only stopped in the end by John McCain

So…. 3 out of 5 I suppose "

.thank you fkr the reply.

Which parts of the Paris agreement do you beleive the usa is currently honouring and on target for?

So keystone was abandoned?

Was keystone xl a trump policy a d only began with him? I remember it I the news in Obamas day

So then trump didn't remove aca and this wouldn't be a trump policy that was enacted badly ?

By *abioMan 32 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Keystone oil pipeline.

So…. 3 out of 5 I suppose

.thank you fkr the reply.

Which parts of the Paris agreement do you beleive the usa is currently honouring and on target for?

So keystone was abandoned?

Was keystone xl a trump policy a d only began with him? I remember it I the news in Obamas day

So then trump didn't remove aca and this wouldn't be a trump policy that was enacted badly ?

"

See… the funny thing about the Paris climate change agreement and why it really made no sense to pull out is that each country actually set its own target… it was not set by anyone else, and the target set wasn’t really that ambitious… it was nowhere near as ambitious as the UK and the EU

If fact the target that California has set .. and the other left coast states have followed, are way more ambitious than the US target…

Keystone XL was delayed under Obama because the original routing took it through native Indian land and they contested it.. trump overrode it and gave the permits to build, Biden revoked the permit

Trump gutted the ACA as much as he could and tried to kill it off… he removed states obligations to provide it, and removed state penalty mandates…

It was only John McCain no vote that stopped trump from killing it as there was no replacement for it…. Hence the running joke about trumps health care plan being 3 weeks away from being announced for the last 8 years

Leeds

So then.

As I understand it.

You dislike trump for pulling out of the climate accords America has no chance of honouring. Bitnfaorndos Biden rejoined so that America could be in the climate accords when it fails.

You dislike trump for trying to resolve a legal dispute where it's very much possible the USA government contravened an international treaty they signed that Biden could now be in breach of in removing permission

You dislike the enacted policy Donald trump never enacted I'm affordable health care?

So

We have 1 policy trump never introduced.

1 policy the Biden administration most likely broke an international ayreement on

And 1 policy which the USA wasn't honouring.

Is that the sum total?

By *ustintime69Man 32 weeks ago

Bristol

"So then.

As I understand it.

You dislike trump for pulling out of the climate accords America has no chance of honouring. Bitnfaorndos Biden rejoined so that America could be in the climate accords when it fails.

You dislike trump for trying to resolve a legal dispute where it's very much possible the USA government contravened an international treaty they signed that Biden could now be in breach of in removing permission

You dislike the enacted policy Donald trump never enacted I'm affordable health care?

So

1 policy the Biden administration most likely broke an international ayreement on

Is that the sum total?

"

That makes sense

By *abioMan 32 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So then.

As I understand it.

So

Is that the sum total?

"

No…. The climate change agreement thing…. The US set it’s own target, there is no penalty for actually not hitting its target, and even though California, the other Pacific coast states, and most other democratic states even after trump pulled out said they would abide to their own set targets and wanted to sign the official document (were not allowed as it’s a un based document)

It was gesture politics that did do anything!

The ACA…. Trump weakened something that was put in place to protect the poorest without ever suggesting a replacement (hence always 3 weeks away!) and tried to kill it without ever suggesting a replacement!

The XL pipeline is a whole different and it’s own topic… both environmental and the lack of acknowledging the sensitivity of Native American land ect ect ect….

Trump tried to portray himself as fighting for the common person when it’s all about him, and the only thing he did was give himself a massive tax cut!

Even last night.. he said he was fighting for union workers…. Only thing is that his speech last night was held at a non-union workplace in one of the highest GDP per capita counties in the US…

That is one way to stick it to the man!!!!!

Leeds

"So then.

As I understand it.

So

Is that the sum total?

No…. The climate change agreement thing…. The US set it’s own target, there is no penalty for actually not hitting its target, and even though California, the other Pacific coast states, and most other democratic states even after trump pulled out said they would abide to their own set targets and wanted to sign the official document (were not allowed as it’s a un based document)

It was gesture politics that did do anything!

The ACA…. Trump weakened something that was put in place to protect the poorest without ever suggesting a replacement (hence always 3 weeks away!) and tried to kill it without ever suggesting a replacement!

The XL pipeline is a whole different and it’s own topic… both environmental and the lack of acknowledging the sensitivity of Native American land ect ect ect….

Trump tried to portray himself as fighting for the common person when it’s all about him, and the only thing he did was give himself a massive tax cut!

Even last night.. he said he was fighting for union workers…. Only thing is that his speech last night was held at a non-union workplace in one of the highest GDP per capita counties in the US…

That is one way to stick it to the man!!!!!"

Wait so you think America never had any intention of holding its end to the Paris agreement? Then why are you bothered about trump pulling out?

Again.

Trumps point was never enacted so I've no idea whybyounhate a policy not enacted that never needed to be repealed.

I asked which had been repealed and you gave that as an answer?

So then. You agree. America is likely in breach of an international agreement it signed with no intention of honouring?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 32 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Trump hasn't actually lost the case, it's still going on. The judge made a ruling of fact that Trump had repeatedly committed fraud in relation to property valuations, so that the case could be moved on more expeditiously. Now that the ruling has been made, the court has to identify whether anyone lost out due to this fraud."

"No… trump has lost the preliminary summary judgment bit.. the judge found that the trump organisation has committed fraud to the excess of billions of dollars on real estate property values

The trial bit now is to work out exactly how much he will need to cough up! Which is going to be “the penalty” plus “interest “ plus whatever licences are revoked to prevent his company doing any further business in the state

Trump had argued that there should be no penalty as everything was paid with interest , NY state argued that he got loans at preferential interest rates as the figure he put of his assets were inflated, whilst also at the same time claiming them at much lower values for the purpose of paying less taxes to the state

Trump claimed all companies do this, NY state said there is a difference between a mistake, and doing this on massive scales… example being his own personal property in trump tower where he inflated his house size by over 3 times to increase its value

NY state had asked for 250 million dollars… this figure based on the ruling is going to be the absolute minimum

The judge is basically inciting the value of engrossed earnings based on fraudulent information… simple way to explain is this:

If you take 100 pounds out of a shop counter without permission… this is theft

Now… if you took that money… went straight to the bookies… put it on a horse at 10-1… win… went straight back to the shop.. and put the money back in the till

Trump is arguing that since everything was returned.. heck .. put 50 in as well… that is okay, victimless crime, every benefits!

What NY state said.. and the judge agreed, is that the other 950 earned is engrossed illegal money, and that money wouldn’t have tax paid on it "

Can you give me a link or two, because my news source is reporting something different.

» Add a new message to this topic