FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > What do you like about this forum?

What do you like about this forum?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 33 weeks ago

Peterborough

Is it the warm, touchy-feely expressive way each poster has about them?

Is it a way of acquiring knowledge about issues you know nothing about from leading experts in their field?

Or is your generosity of respectfully sharing knowledge to those who know a little but are eager to grasp at what you're freely giving?

Or, is it something else?

Alternatively, what do you hate about the forum?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 33 weeks ago

golden fields

"Is it the warm, touchy-feely expressive way each poster has about them?

Is it a way of acquiring knowledge about issues you know nothing about from leading experts in their field?

Or is your generosity of respectfully sharing knowledge to those who know a little but are eager to grasp at what you're freely giving?

Alternatively, what do you hate about the forum? "

People have views I don't come across in real life. Brexit was a good idea, climate science isn't real, the Tories care about British people etc. So it's interesting to see people argue the unarguable.

Occasionally someone raises an issue that I wouldn't have otherwise heard about.

Peterborough

People have views I don't come across in real life. Brexit was a good idea, climate science isn't real, the Tories care about British people etc. So it's interesting to see people argue the unarguable.

Occasionally someone raises an issue that I wouldn't have otherwise heard about.

"

Apart from Brexit I can see you're a sarcastic soul

By *izandpaulCouple 33 weeks ago

merseyside

I think its evidence care in the community never worked.

Peterborough

I think its evidence care in the community never worked. "

It must be down to poor pay. Shall we go on strike?

By (user no longer on site) 33 weeks ago

Something else

By *vbride1963TV/TS 33 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

I only enter here as I’m to afraid to go near the virus forum .

Peterborough

I only enter here as I’m to afraid to go near the virus forum . "

Cos it's contagious?

Peterborough

"Something else "

Tempted to share?

"Something else

Tempted to share?"

Culture differences. Nothing else to figure out.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 33 weeks ago

Gilfach

I actually enjoy reading other people's opinions. I often come across a viewpoint that would never have occurred to me, and I find it fascinating to follow the thought process that lead them there.

Shame about all the bickering though.

"I actually enjoy reading other people's opinions. I often come across a viewpoint that would never have occurred to me, and I find it fascinating to follow the thought process that lead them there.

Shame about all the bickering though."

I came to the conclusion that the cultural differences is not going to make someone else understand. People are dead set on their opinions and their way of life.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 33 weeks ago

Gilfach

"I actually enjoy reading other people's opinions. I often come across a viewpoint that would never have occurred to me, and I find it fascinating to follow the thought process that lead them there.

"I came to the conclusion that the cultural differences is not going to make someone else understand. People are dead set on their opinions and their way of life."

True, there are some people that have their opinions, and have no intention of listening to anyone else. But I've found a surprising number of people are slowly changing over time, modifying their opinions slightly as others bring up new concepts.

But I imagine it's much harder for you with people constantly bringing up Trump and gun culture, and insisting that they know better than you.

By *AFKA HovisMan 33 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I come for the alternative views and opinions.

(Although agree with this one!)

I also like seeing how people form opinions as well as what they are.

And finally, I take some reassurance for seeing how (some) ppl with massively different views can discuss like adults.... although unfortunately that has reduced somewhat recently !

By *eroy1000Man 33 weeks ago

milton keynes

I find it genuinely educational. Some people are very knowledgeable on subjects or if not they research a topic properly rather than just looking at headlines. It's good to see other points of view and seeing them discussed. On the downside it's sometimes not great to see those that won't consider other's have different views that are just as valid. Also people sending personal messages as opposed to responding on the threads and being accused of being some sort of Nazi. Fortunately they are few so on the whole the politics forum is good

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 32 weeks ago

Peterborough

Shame about all the bickering though. I came to the conclusion that the cultural differences is not going to make someone else understand. People are dead set on their opinions and their way of life."

It's not culture that causes that closed-mindedness but character. Like Mr above, it's good to know the thought processes/rationale behind POVs/decisions. Unfortunately some people come across as "I'm right, fuck you". They may not mean to, it may be just this medium.

Peterborough

I came to the conclusion that the cultural differences is not going to make someone else understand. People are dead set on their opinions and their way of life.

True, there are some people that have their opinions, and have no intention of listening to anyone else. But I've found a surprising number of people are slowly changing over time, modifying their opinions slightly as others bring up new concepts.

But I imagine it's much harder for you with people constantly bringing up Trump and gun culture, and insisting that they know better than you."

Most people judge (assess) using their own yardstick (own experiences). A lack of understanding. Exposure to new concepts does cause modification. And don't we just love exposure in Fab

Peterborough

I come for the alternative views and opinions.

(Although agree with this one!)

I also like seeing how people form opinions as well as what they are.

And finally, I take some reassurance for seeing how (some) ppl with massively different views can discuss like adults.... although unfortunately that has reduced somewhat recently !"

I have noticed you're a very reasoned poster.

Peterborough

"I find it genuinely educational. Some people are very knowledgeable on subjects or if not they research a topic properly rather than just looking at headlines. It's good to see other points of view and seeing them discussed. On the downside it's sometimes not great to see those that won't consider other's have different views that are just as valid. Also people sending personal messages as opposed to responding on the threads and being accused of being some sort of Nazi. Fortunately they are few so on the whole the politics forum is good"

I used to get quite a few PMs from threads in the virus forum

By *astandFeistyCouple 32 weeks ago

Bournemouth

I come here for good reasoned debate. Don't find it too often but stick around because there's good topics which sometimes I may not otherwise know about.

By *idnight RamblerMan 32 weeks ago

Pershore

Discussing politics and lofty affairs of state with people displaying random parts of their anatomy. FAB is unique, no other political forum offers this.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 32 weeks ago

Gilfach

I must admit, I sometimes read a sensible well-written post that explains a subject cogently, and I think "I wonder who wrote that?". And then I scroll up to the top, only to be greeted by a picture of a big meaty cock. Some of the more graphic images can rather detract from whatever the person is saying.

Peterborough

"I must admit, I sometimes read a sensible well-written post that explains a subject cogently, and I think "I wonder who wrote that?". And then I scroll up to the top, only to be greeted by a picture of a big meaty cock. Some of the more graphic images can rather detract from whatever the person is saying."

By *enSiskoMan 32 weeks ago

Cestus 3

"Something else

Tempted to share? Culture differences. Nothing else to figure out."

As a gamer, I have played with people from all over the world, last night I played (games you dirty lot), with a guy from Beirut, southern California and New York.

Great gaming with them and discussing what different about were we live, so there's some of us brits who want to know what life is like beyond our boarders.

Peterborough

"Something else

Tempted to share? Culture differences. Nothing else to figure out.

As a gamer, I have played with people from all over the world, last night I played (games you dirty lot), with a guy from Beirut, southern California and New York.

Great gaming with them and discussing what different about were we live, so there's some of us brits who want to know what life is like beyond our boarders."

Curiosity killed the cat apparently. But you and I are still here. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to know what makes people tick, and that includes cultural, religious, societal differences home and abroad. Maybe I'm just nosy

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

"Something else

Great gaming with them and discussing what different about were we live, so there's some of us brits who want to know what life is like beyond our boarders.

Curiosity killed the cat apparently. But you and I are still here. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to know what makes people tick, and that includes cultural, religious, societal differences home and abroad. Maybe I'm just nosy "

We can convey our opinions on forums all day. But unless you are in other people's sphere of daily influence it's moot to try and sway a debate. I am just as hard headed just like the next person.

By *irldnCouple 32 weeks ago

Brighton

I like seeing what makes people tick. When someone puts forward a well thought out argument, even if I disagree, I enjoy reading it. There are some smart folks on here. There are some total asshats too (I can be one sometimes) but that provides some weird entertainment too. I think we could all be nicer to each other but some people are more interested in “winning” a hollow victory then discussing differences of opinion. I suspect 99% of us would be better behaved if we were face-to-face.

Bournemouth

"I like seeing what makes people tick. When someone puts forward a well thought out argument, even if I disagree, I enjoy reading it. There are some smart folks on here. There are some total asshats too (I can be one sometimes) but that provides some weird entertainment too. I think we could all be nicer to each other but some people are more interested in “winning” a hollow victory then discussing differences of opinion. I suspect 99% of us would be better behaved if we were face-to-face."

I date say, if we were face-to-face, most of us would be better at conveying our thoughts and the process which gets us there. We may even find some common ground but as is the way with the internet

By *AFKA HovisMan 32 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

And at least we'd know of we were talking to Mr or Mrs !

Bournemouth

"And at least we'd know of we were talking to Mr or Mrs ! "

Always Mr

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 32 weeks ago

golden fields

"Something else

Curiosity killed the cat apparently. But you and I are still here. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to know what makes people tick, and that includes cultural, religious, societal differences home and abroad. Maybe I'm just nosy We can convey our opinions on forums all day. But unless you are in other people's sphere of daily influence it's moot to try and sway a debate. I am just as hard headed just like the next person."

Does anyone have the aim of changing someone's opinion?

Peterborough

"I like seeing what makes people tick. When someone puts forward a well thought out argument, even if I disagree, I enjoy reading it. There are some smart folks on here. There are some total asshats too (I can be one sometimes) but that provides some weird entertainment too. I think we could all be nicer to each other but some people are more interested in “winning” a hollow victory then discussing differences of opinion. I suspect 99% of us would be better behaved if we were face-to-face."

I'd be much more sarcastic and laugh very loudly

Peterborough

"And at least we'd know of we were talking to Mr or Mrs ! "

Birl and F&F are the sexiest men around (and look remarkably like women)

Peterborough

"Something else

Curiosity killed the cat apparently. But you and I are still here. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to know what makes people tick, and that includes cultural, religious, societal differences home and abroad. Maybe I'm just nosy We can convey our opinions on forums all day. But unless you are in other people's sphere of daily influence it's moot to try and sway a debate. I am just as hard headed just like the next person.

Does anyone have the aim of changing someone's opinion?"

In this political sphere, I dare say no.

Brighton

"And at least we'd know of we were talking to Mr or Mrs !

Birl and F&F are the sexiest men around (and look remarkably like women) "

Lol nice of you to say but I think we would both freely admit that our wives are certainly our better halves. Mrs B thinks it weird I bother discussing politics on a swinger website. She’s probably right (she normally is lol).

Bournemouth

"And at least we'd know of we were talking to Mr or Mrs !

Birl and F&F are the sexiest men around (and look remarkably like women)

Lol nice of you to say but I think we would both freely admit that our wives are certainly our better halves. Mrs B thinks it weird I bother discussing politics on a swinger website. She’s probably right (she normally is lol)."

Whatcha talkin bout Willis

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

" She’s probably right (she normally is lol)."
has she done test too ?

Brighton

" She’s probably right (she normally is lol). has she done test too ? "

Ha ha ha

She is definitely a swing voter...wah wah wah

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 32 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Hubby posts here. Subtle as a sledge hammer but enjoys adding a blunt perspective on things.

By *orleymanMan 32 weeks ago

Leeds

People reading their links.

By *estivalMan 32 weeks ago

borehamwood

What i love about this forum is all the people who seem to think they know how to run the country properley yet instead of getting into politics to make these changes they come onto a forum on a swingers site and shout into the wind

Brighton

"People reading their links."

You’re the only one

Brighton

"What i love about this forum is all the people who seem to think they know how to run the country properley yet instead of getting into politics to make these changes they come onto a forum on a swingers site and shout into the wind"

It’s the 21st century version of the pub

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"People reading their links."
people provide links ?

golden fields

"What i love about this forum is all the people who seem to think they know how to run the country properley yet instead of getting into politics to make these changes they come onto a forum on a swingers site and shout into the wind"

Would never happen. The system exists to keep the status quo. No one offing any meaningful change will be allowed near power.

By *exanthemMan 32 weeks ago

North

People talking about their point of views, helps you map what British people think and feel about the following topics

Race(absolute love for BBCs, black men only, no Indian (Asian) or black women topics ), un conscious biases, Tories vs Labour vs other parties, Brexit, hate for Rich and successful, Migrants love and hate, inflation, viruses, green agenda, non doms to name a few.

By *ustintime69Man 32 weeks ago

Bristol

Over the years I have spent far too much time in the politics forum and the only thing I have learned is that a gattopardo never changes its spots

Gilfach

"Over the years I have spent far too much time in the politics forum and the only thing I have learned is that a gattopardo never changes its spots "

Well now I've learned what the Italian word for 'serval' is, so it's not all a waste of time.

Bristol

"Over the years I have spent far too much time in the politics forum and the only thing I have learned is that a gattopardo never changes its spots

Well now I've learned what the Italian word for 'serval' is, so it's not all a waste of time."

Il gattopardo is “the leopard” a novel set in Sicily in the 19th century which is currently being filmed - it’s a classic!

A serval is somewhat smaller!!!

Gilfach

"Over the years I have spent far too much time in the politics forum and the only thing I have learned is that a gattopardo never changes its spots"

"Well now I've learned what the Italian word for 'serval' is, so it's not all a waste of time."

"Il gattopardo is “the leopard” a novel set in Sicily in the 19th century which is currently being filmed - it’s a classic!"

Yes, but "The Leopard" is a bad translation. The Italian word for leopard is 'leopardo'. 'Gattopardo' is the Italian word for 'serval'.

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

It's diverse so many train of thoughts from different people. Sometimes it's good sometimes it's like WTF just happened.

Bristol

"Over the years I have spent far too much time in the politics forum and the only thing I have learned is that a gattopardo never changes its spots

Well now I've learned what the Italian word for 'serval' is, so it's not all a waste of time.

Il gattopardo is “the leopard” a novel set in Sicily in the 19th century which is currently being filmed - it’s a classic!

Yes, but "The Leopard" is a bad translation. The Italian word for leopard is 'leopardo'. 'Gattopardo' is the Italian

word for 'serval'."

The things we learn

By *otMe66Man 32 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I like how positive events and gains are celebrated by the forum, and negative events that are regurgitated out by the media to gain maxim exposure are treated with the contempt they deserve, and hardly ever mentioned.

Brighton

"I like how positive events and gains are celebrated by the forum, and negative events that are regurgitated out by the media to gain maxim exposure are treated with the contempt they deserve, and hardly ever mentioned.

"

Cynic!

Bristol

"I like how positive events and gains are celebrated by the forum, and negative events that are regurgitated out by the media to gain maxim exposure are treated with the contempt they deserve, and hardly ever mentioned.

"

Now that almost made me spit my muesli out (I am too woke to say cornflakes anymore)

golden fields

I would say one thing that's annoying is when a part of the conversation mentions something in passing, like we all live on this planet. And people ask for evidence for the claim. Like....

golden fields

" we all live on this planet. "

Do you have any evidence for this claim?

» Add a new message to this topic