FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Michelle Mone has £75m of assets frozen as NCA investigates fraud

Michelle Mone has £75m of assets frozen as NCA investigates fraud

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 15 weeks ago

nearby

Disgraced Tory peer and her husband have had restrictions placed on two properties and 15 bank accounts

About time

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

Why she hasn’t done anything wrong.

Boris will pay for this

By *orses and PoniesMan 15 weeks ago

Ealing

"Disgraced Tory peer and her husband have had restrictions placed on two properties and 15 bank accounts

About time "

The goverment have already clearly stated that anyone who took advantage of Covid contacts and failed to fulfill the terms of the contract would be investigated and monies recovered .

It is a matter of opinion unless evidence is provided to the contrary whether the terms of the contract were fulfilled. Baroness Mone has already offered a settlement figure but the government have said that it was too low .

We probably need to see the results of the ongoing investigation before we are in a position to pass an opinion .

At the time the country was in desperate need to obtain ppe at any price and Michelle Mone claimed to be able to provide what was required .

The dispute appears to resolve around the quality of the PPE supplied

By *irldnCouple 15 weeks ago

Brighton

"Why she hasn’t done anything wrong.

Boris will pay for this"

I can never tell if people are joking on here

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 15 weeks ago

golden fields

"Disgraced Tory peer and her husband have had restrictions placed on two properties and 15 bank accounts

About time The goverment have already clearly stated that anyone who took advantage of Covid contacts and failed to fulfill the terms of the contract would be investigated and monies recovered .

It is a matter of opinion unless evidence is provided to the contrary whether the terms of the contract were fulfilled. Baroness Mone has already offered a settlement figure but the government have said that it was too low .

We probably need to see the results of the ongoing investigation before we are in a position to pass an opinion .

At the time the country was in desperate need to obtain ppe at any price and Michelle Mone claimed to be able to provide what was required .

The dispute appears to resolve around the quality of the PPE supplied "

I agree. Most Tory voters don't give a fuck about the ultra rich abusing their power to gain more wealth at the tax payers expense.

By *melie LALWoman 15 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Why she hasn’t done anything wrong.

Boris will pay for this

I can never tell if people are joking on here "

Comedy gold.

Peterborough

About time The goverment have already clearly stated that anyone who took advantage of Covid contacts and failed to fulfill the terms of the contract would be investigated and monies recovered .

The interview with LK was very telling. Offering a settlement is very telling.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 15 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"

Given that in excess of 26% of PPE directly sourced via the 'Vip lane' to the tune of over £1.1 billion was found to be not fit for purpose it's no surprise that's an issue and why such serious steps taken this far in her case..

To that cost is the unknown cost of storage and eventually disposal of the PPE, which was at one point in 2022 at £750k per week..

nearby

Fingers crossed she gets liquidated by the national crime agency and the courts with proceeds returned to taxpayer

Brighton

In other threads on Baroness Mone and her husband Doug Barrowman there were posters defending them, or at least attempting distraction or insisting on seeing confidential paperwork which was of course patently ridiculous. When Mone and Barrowman go down/or settle, I trust those posters will come here and admit they were wrong. I doubt it.

"In other threads on Baroness Mone and her husband Doug Barrowman there were posters defending them, or at least attempting distraction or insisting on seeing confidential paperwork which was of course patently ridiculous. When Mone and Barrowman go down/or settle, I trust those posters will come here and admit they were wrong. I doubt it. "

When Boris goes down will you admit that you were wrong?

in Lancashire

"In other threads on Baroness Mone and her husband Doug Barrowman there were posters defending them, or at least attempting distraction or insisting on seeing confidential paperwork which was of course patently ridiculous. When Mone and Barrowman go down/or settle, I trust those posters will come here and admit they were wrong. I doubt it.

When Boris goes down will you admit that you were wrong?"

What's Boris been charged with?

"In other threads on Baroness Mone and her husband Doug Barrowman there were posters defending them, or at least attempting distraction or insisting on seeing confidential paperwork which was of course patently ridiculous. When Mone and Barrowman go down/or settle, I trust those posters will come here and admit they were wrong. I doubt it.

What's Boris been charged with?"

What he will be charged with once this persecution had run its course

Corruption.The misuse of public funds for his own personal vanity

For breaking the lockdown rules he enforced upon the people

I hope he gets life

Peterborough

I hope he gets life"

A life peerage.

in Lancashire

I hope he gets life"

He's slippery as an oil covered eel and whilst there's certainly umpteen reasons to not like him (and I've a couple when as Mayor he was my boss) he won't be charged with anything..

But keep up with the wishful thinking..

I hope he gets life"

I think life imprisonment for eating cake is a bit harsh.

Ealing

"In other threads on Baroness Mone and her husband Doug Barrowman there were posters defending them, or at least attempting distraction or insisting on seeing confidential paperwork which was of course patently ridiculous. When Mone and Barrowman go down/or settle, I trust those posters will come here and admit they were wrong. I doubt it. "
. Most rational people would like to assess the evidence before concluding that someone is guilty regardless . The government prioritised saving lives as opposed to cost saving and we managed the Covid crisis to ensure that many lives were saved.

We can hardly re negotiate contact costs after the event . At the time Michelle Mone and her companies were in a position to obtain substantial quantity of PPE . She did not build up a substantial businness by luck it normally takes an enormous amount of hard work.

Everyone was aware that the National Audit Office would audit contracts after the event, the initial priority being to save lives .

In the case of Michelle Mone the issue appears to evolve around the quality and grade of PPE supplied. She has already offered a settlement which the government declined as it was considered to be too low .

Without all the facts none of us are in a position to pass judgement. For some posters it appears that facts are not necessary to prove guilt

Ealing

I hope he gets life"

Hopefully I can address your concerns. The electorate have already passed judgement on him . They elected his government with an 80 seat majority . That is the only judgement that matters .

It is laughable that anyone should be concerned about hard working cabinet ministers having a few drinks while putting in place policies and financial assistance to save lives .

We can ignore the pious and self righteous brigade. The opinion of the electorate is good enough for most people

By *oo hotCouple 15 weeks ago

North West

I hope he gets life Hopefully I can address your concerns. The electorate have already passed judgement on him . They elected his government with an 80 seat majority . That is the only judgement that matters .

It is laughable that anyone should be concerned about hard working cabinet ministers having a few drinks while putting in place policies and financial assistance to save lives .

We can ignore the pious and self righteous brigade. The opinion of the electorate is good enough for most people "

So said Adolf Hitler too

I hope he gets life Hopefully I can address your concerns. The electorate have already passed judgement on him . They elected his government with an 80 seat majority . That is the only judgement that matters .

We can ignore the pious and self righteous brigade. The opinion of the electorate is good enough for most people "

The opinion of the electorate is wrong then.Boris will be charged for his offences.His corruption and hypocrisy will be exposed.

People have a right to be concerned the government is meant to set an example.He broke his own laws the laws he demanded your people abide by

His financial assistance also almost destroyed our economy and has led to problems we will have to take harsh measures to fix.Sunak is too weak to do so

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 15 weeks ago

golden fields

I also have the same skeptical option of the electorate. But I don't hold them in the same contempt as you do.

Brighton

When Boris goes down will you admit that you were wrong?"

Are you sure you are aiming this at the right poster? Have a look at my posting history and you certainly won’t see me ever supporting Johnson. But that changes nothing about Mone!

Brighton

"In other threads on Baroness Mone and her husband Doug Barrowman there were posters defending them, or at least attempting distraction or insisting on seeing confidential paperwork which was of course patently ridiculous. When Mone and Barrowman go down/or settle, I trust those posters will come here and admit they were wrong. I doubt it. . Most rational people would like to assess the evidence before concluding that someone is guilty regardless . The government prioritised saving lives as opposed to cost saving and we managed the Covid crisis to ensure that many lives were saved.

We can hardly re negotiate contact costs after the event . At the time Michelle Mone and her companies were in a position to obtain substantial quantity of PPE . She did not build up a substantial businness by luck it normally takes an enormous amount of hard work.

Everyone was aware that the National Audit Office would audit contracts after the event, the initial priority being to save lives .

In the case of Michelle Mone the issue appears to evolve around the quality and grade of PPE supplied. She has already offered a settlement which the government declined as it was considered to be too low .

Without all the facts none of us are in a position to pass judgement. For some posters it appears that facts are not necessary to prove guilt "

Not actually been following this have you Pat. Mone & Barrowman’s problems with the NCA are not about quality of PPE. Keep up!

Ealing

"In other threads on Baroness Mone and her husband Doug Barrowman there were posters defending them, or at least attempting distraction or insisting on seeing confidential paperwork which was of course patently ridiculous. When Mone and Barrowman go down/or settle, I trust those posters will come here and admit they were wrong. I doubt it. . Most rational people would like to assess the evidence before concluding that someone is guilty regardless . The government prioritised saving lives as opposed to cost saving and we managed the Covid crisis to ensure that many lives were saved.

Without all the facts none of us are in a position to pass judgement. For some posters it appears that facts are not necessary to prove guilt

Not actually been following this have you Pat. Mone & Barrowman’s problems with the NCA are not about quality of PPE. Keep up!"

. As far as I am aware a criminal investigation has been ongoing for two years so it is hardly ground breaking news . The freezing of assets was by mutual consent so other parts of her businness can still operate as normal.

By *oversfunCouple 15 weeks ago

ayrshire

If its poven they lied to get contracts then they should be charged and proecuted

By *oversfunCouple 15 weeks ago

ayrshire

Prosecuted

Peterborough

What a weird POV that judgement was passed before the event

By *oah VailMan 15 weeks ago

Dover

"

It is laughable that anyone should be concerned about hard working cabinet ministers having a few drinks while putting in place policies and financial assistance to save lives . "

That’s an interesting perspective.

Personally, my perspective is that our elected representatives partied whilst simultaneously funnelling significant amounts of public funds into their own bank accounts and making cynical decisions that allowed tens of thousands of elderly and vulnerable people to die unnecessarily.

nearby

"

Personally, my perspective is that our elected representatives partied whilst simultaneously funnelling significant amounts of public funds into their own bank accounts and making cynical decisions that allowed tens of thousands of elderly and vulnerable people to die unnecessarily. "

They are here to look after donors and big business, not the electorate.

Gone soon, and labour already u turning on their own promises.

Ealing

"

Personally, my perspective is that our elected representatives partied whilst simultaneously funnelling significant amounts of public funds into their own bank accounts and making cynical decisions that allowed tens of thousands of elderly and vulnerable people to die unnecessarily. "

. However how many people ( if any ) died unnecessarily ? Our Covid death rates were similar to other counties and potentially we over recorded deaths due to Covid because we recorded people dying with Covid , not because of it .

Are you implying that distict audit have failed in their duties ?. The civil servants who process payments are an entirely different department to those who process orders . Government minsters have nothing to do with the payment process. They make policies, all the administration is undertaken by Civil Servants.

nearby

"

Personally, my perspective is that our elected representatives partied whilst simultaneously funnelling significant amounts of public funds into their own bank accounts and making cynical decisions that allowed tens of thousands of elderly and vulnerable people to die unnecessarily. . However how many people ( if any ) died unnecessarily ? Our Covid death rates were similar to other counties and potentially we over recorded deaths due to Covid because we recorded people dying with Covid , not because of it .

Are you implying that distict audit have failed in their duties ?. The civil servants who process payments are an entirely different department to those who process orders . Government minsters have nothing to do with the payment process. They make policies, all the administration is undertaken by Civil Servants. "

We will never know beacuse everything is covered up. 5000 missing whaps app messages.

» Add a new message to this topic