FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Hamas ceasefire terms

Hamas ceasefire terms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man 11 weeks ago

nr faversham

I fail to understand why Israel, or anyone else for that matter, would entertain a deal with terrorists that includes the exchange of HOSTAGES for CRIMINALS... nevermind the 145 days that would allow for the re-arming of terrorist forces

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

"I fail to understand why Israel, or anyone else for that matter, would entertain a deal with terrorists that includes the exchange of HOSTAGES for CRIMINALS... nevermind the 145 days that would allow for the re-arming of terrorist forces "

Because ceasefire is a good thing?

nr faversham

"I fail to understand why Israel, or anyone else for that matter, would entertain a deal with terrorists that includes the exchange of HOSTAGES for CRIMINALS... nevermind the 145 days that would allow for the re-arming of terrorist forces

Because ceasefire is a good thing? "

And it's ok to take hostages to achieve that which you have caused?

"I fail to understand why Israel, or anyone else for that matter, would entertain a deal with terrorists that includes the exchange of HOSTAGES for CRIMINALS... nevermind the 145 days that would allow for the re-arming of terrorist forces

And it's ok to take hostages to achieve that which you have caused?"

I don’t believe I said anything of the sort.

All wars end with ceasefire and talks. Ceasefire is good.

nr faversham

All wars end with ceasefire and talks. Ceasefire is good. "

This is a temporary ceasefire

This is a temporary ceasefire "

Which is better than no ceasefire, don’t you agree?

By *astandFeistyCouple 11 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Which is better than no ceasefire, don’t you agree?"

I'll agree but should Israel agree to the release of prisoners in order to get the ceasefire?

I think this was the point the OP was making, Hamas have offered unrealistic terms knowing it'll be turned down and then they can say 'we tried'.

nr faversham

Which is better than no ceasefire, don’t you agree?

I'll agree but should Israel agree to the release of prisoners in order to get the ceasefire?

I think this was the point the OP was making, Hamas have offered unrealistic terms knowing it'll be turned down and then they can say 'we tried'."

I don't agree as I think all this does is allow 145 days for rearming and then the terrorist attacks restart soon after

By *uddy laneMan 11 weeks ago

dudley

Talks face to face are a good thing, you get to see the whites of the eyes but I dought the ministers of the hamas political party would leave the safety of their protection in qatar.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 11 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Hamas have set terms which they know won't be accepted by Netanyahu, which is probably what Iran also knew when they were drawn up..

Hamas/Iran also know in an election year for POTUS there's pressure on Biden who has both pledged military support to Israel and is in disagreement with Netanyahu and the hard liners in the Knesset over the future of Gaza) Palestinians..

And Netanyahu is more and more in a position where he is losing support and the longer it drags on with the hostages still not freed that more division grows..

And as more innocent Palestinians are killed and maimed the attacks continue on ships and the threat from Hezbollah grows..

Tbh anyone who can negotiate anything acceptable to all sides deserves the Nobel peace prize, if it works..

By *uddy laneMan 11 weeks ago

dudley

"Hamas have set terms which they know won't be accepted by Netanyahu, which is probably what Iran also knew when they were drawn up..

Hamas/Iran also know in an election year for POTUS there's pressure on Biden who has both pledged military support to Israel and is in disagreement with Netanyahu and the hard liners in the Knesset over the future of Gaza) Palestinians..

And Netanyahu is more and more in a position where he is losing support and the longer it drags on with the hostages still not freed that more division grows..

And as more innocent Palestinians are killed and maimed the attacks continue on ships and the threat from Hezbollah grows..

Tbh anyone who can negotiate anything acceptable to all sides deserves the Nobel peace prize, if it works..

"

That's all well and good but a peace prize should never be perched on the back of the crapper in a cell. See were I went with that.

in Lancashire

"Hamas have set terms which they know won't be accepted by Netanyahu, which is probably what Iran also knew when they were drawn up..

That's all well and good but a peace prize should never be perched on the back of the crapper in a cell. See were I went with that. "

It sort of epitomises the whole ongoing shit show that the region has been for many decades..

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 11 weeks ago

Border of London

"

It sort of epitomises the whole ongoing shit show that the region has been for many decades..

"

Millennia.

in Lancashire

"

Millennia."

By *an DeLyonMan 11 weeks ago

County Durham

"I fail to understand why Israel, or anyone else for that matter, would entertain a deal with terrorists that includes the exchange of HOSTAGES for CRIMINALS... nevermind the 145 days that would allow for the re-arming of terrorist forces "

Tell that to the families of the hostages.. if you dare

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 11 weeks ago

golden fields

Read about how peace was achieved with n Northern Ireland. That will help you understand.

By *lfasoCouple 11 weeks ago

South East

Which is better than no ceasefire, don’t you agree?"

The situation prior to October 7 was much less destructive definitely.

By *andE2000Man 10 weeks ago

Bathgate

[Removed by poster at 12/02/24 22:02:58]

Bathgate

Your moral campus is indicating south

By *hrimper36Couple 10 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

Your moral campus is indicating south"

I do love an entertaining typo.

T

By *bsolutely nutsMan 10 weeks ago

Canterbury

T"

Maybe it isn't a typo and the poster is hankering for their days as a student

Bathgate

T

Maybe it isn't a typo and the poster is hankering for their days as a student "

A students who makes typos is a way better human being than a racist genocide supporter who thinks Palestinian lives don't m

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 10 weeks ago

Border of London

T

A students who makes typos is a way better human being than a racist genocide supporter who thinks Palestinian lives don't m"

A students make fewer typos, usually?

By *verysmileMan 10 weeks ago

CANTERBURY

T

A students who makes typos is a way better human being than a racist genocide supporter who thinks Palestinian lives don't m

A students make fewer typos, usually?"

True

Plus their lower level of inner hatred and acceptance of alternative viewpoints is usually more akin to a great debater rather than people who consider themselves masters

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 10 weeks ago

in Lancashire

T

A students who makes typos is a way better human being than a racist genocide supporter who thinks Palestinian lives don't m"

Surely all innocent lives matter..?

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 10 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Is it right to keep a person in prison without trial for months or years on end? It happens more often than you think, even in the UK, and Israel absolutely is far worse than here for it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 10 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Is it right to keep a person in prison without trial for months or years on end? It happens more often than you think, even in the UK, and Israel absolutely is far worse than here for it."

Valid point, there was a report that when the first hostage exchange took place and Israel let out x amount of Palestinians that the number released was equal to those they had locked up under 'administrative detention' since the 7th Oct..

By *andE2000Man 9 weeks ago

Bathgate

[Removed by poster at 18/02/24 20:56:20]

By *mateur100 OP   Man 9 weeks ago

nr faversham

Is it right to keep a person in prison without trial for months or years on end? It happens more often than you think, even in the UK, and Israel absolutely is far worse than here for it.

Valid point, there was a report that when the first hostage exchange took place and Israel let out x amount of Palestinians that the number released was equal to those they had locked up under 'administrative detention' since the 7th Oct.."

We're talking about a terrorist organisation here

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 9 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Valid point, there was a report that when the first hostage exchange took place and Israel let out x amount of Palestinians that the number released was equal to those they had locked up under 'administrative detention' since the 7th Oct..

We're talking about a terrorist organisation here "

Of which not all Palestinians are members..

Administrative detention was tried by us in NI in 71, even though it was based on intelligence and aimed at known members of the IRA it still picked up people who were not terrorists and was one of the biggest recruitment campaigns for them..

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

It may be unpalatable to sit round a table with terrorists, but that’s ultimately where it has to end. It’s no use pretending otherwise.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 9 weeks ago

Border of London

"It may be unpalatable to sit round a table with terrorists, but that’s ultimately where it has to end. It’s no use pretending otherwise. "

100% this.

Most of what we hear is theatrical posing, too. The "leaks" we get about any discussions, deals, etc. are all leaked for a reason. Likewise with political rhetoric from all sides.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 9 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"It may be unpalatable to sit round a table with terrorists, but that’s ultimately where it has to end. It’s no use pretending otherwise. "

Thatcher knew that and the talks started under her eventually led to the GFA..

Bathgate

We're talking about a terrorist organisation here "

You mean Israel?

By *otMe66Man 9 weeks ago

Terra Firma

You mean Israel?"

Your comments and the way you conduct a continuous attack on Jewish people, should be used to promote better understandings of how NOT to communicate or negotiate.

Bathgate

[Removed by poster at 19/02/24 00:14:45]

Bathgate

[Removed by poster at 19/02/24 00:14:54]

Bathgate

You mean Israel?

Your comments and the way you conduct a continuous attack on Jewish people, should be used to promote better understandings of how NOT to communicate or negotiate.

"

Facts that offend you are still facts.

I

Bathgate

You mean Israel?

"

So you negotiate on the basis that the side who invide, take your home, Murder your children on a daily basis for 75 years and build their ideology on ethnically cleansing an entire nation, commits a genocide and brags about it is the victim good guys. And the side being at the receiving end are terrorists.

Once you establish that, you negotiate right? According to you that's how one can negotiate properly. Or else you accuse them of being "Jew haters"

You're such a Muslim lover.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 9 weeks ago

Border of London

"

So you negotiate on the basis that the side who invide, take your home, Murder your children on a daily basis for 75 years and build their ideology on ethnically cleansing an entire nation, commits a genocide and brags about it is the victim good guys. And the side being at the receiving end are terrorists.

Once you establish that, you negotiate right? According to you that's how one can negotiate properly. Or else you accuse them of being "Jew haters"

You're such a Muslim lover. "

What is your suggested basis for negotiations?

Bathgate

[Removed by poster at 19/02/24 02:05:50]

Bathgate

[Removed by poster at 19/02/24 02:07:23]

Bathgate

[Removed by poster at 19/02/24 02:11:27]

Bathgate

"

You're such a Muslim lover.

What is your suggested basis for negotiations?"

1- Human rights are not a privilege of of one nation at the expanse of another.

2- Apartheid is Evil and must be abolished and outlawed

3- The Powerful doesn't get to define terrorism as a tool to further marginalise and oppress the already oppressed. And they don't get decide who is a terrorist and who isn't to further colonial oppressive aims

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

Looks like Starmer has stiffened (at last) on ceasefire.

Bathgate

"Looks like Starmer has stiffened (at last) on ceasefire."

A lip service to rescue millions of votes he already lost

By *ony 2016Man 9 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Looks like Starmer has stiffened (at last) on ceasefire.

A lip service to rescue millions of votes he already lost"

Doubt very much the votes lost would have been in the "millions"

Might even have gained some votes

But now appearing to have reached the correct verdict

Bathgate

But now appearing to have reached the correct verdict "

I suspect the Turnout will be very poor this time around.

By *enSiskoMan 9 weeks ago

Cestus 3

But now appearing to have reached the correct verdict

I suspect the Turnout will be very poor this time around. "

Starmer had no choice but to change his stance on this issue, as he was losing the muslim support, eventually he will have to demand a ceasefire to get the muslim support back.

As will Biden.

» Add a new message to this topic