FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Where do you get your "news"

Where do you get your "news"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *I Two OP   Couple 12 weeks ago

all around

It frequently pointed out that MSM news is fake

It's quite obvious that X is an utter cesspool of disinformation

Obviously the vast majority of discussions here are not based on personal experience or even that of second or third hand experience

Who do YOU believe ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 12 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

The usual places and some political commentators on YouTube andd other places sometimes. However what we don't do is accept that all there is to it is exactly what is being told and discussed. The news is more a means to channel public perception as opposed to actively and impartially inform. It often works too which shows how easy most folk are to manipulate.

Has that Post Office CEO charged with perjury yet? How about those 16,000 homes being reserved for asylum claimants? Epstein client list? Timeframe on pothole funding? You get the idea, buried by the last monkey everyone is exp3cted to focus on.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 12 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Sorry, bit of a Russel Brand moment there.

By *estivalMan 12 weeks ago

borehamwood

"It frequently pointed out that MSM news is fake

Obviously the vast majority of discussions here are not based on personal experience or even that of second or third hand experience

Who do YOU believe ?

"

when wasnt x/ twitter full of shite

By *ostindreamsMan 12 weeks ago

London

I see the news and then search the posts with that news on reddit. I see the comment section on where people usually fight with each other, giving more context about the situation. Based on that, I reach a judgement

By *astandFeistyCouple 12 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Who do YOU believe ?

when wasnt x/ twitter full of shite"

X has got so much worse since Elon

By *uddy laneMan 12 weeks ago

dudley

Not from the ones who have been proven to have missled or put out untruths, one strike and you're OUT...

all around

Who do YOU believe ?

X has got so much worse since Elon "

He's a very dangerous guy

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

"Not from the ones who have been proven to have missled or put out untruths, one strike and you're OUT... "

Who does that leave?

By *oversfunCouple 12 weeks ago

ayrshire

Google for me

Bournemouth

Who do YOU believe ?

He's a very dangerous guy "

More so than Zuck?

dudley

"Not from the ones who have been proven to have missled or put out untruths, one strike and you're OUT...

Who does that leave?"

The crystal ball.

dudley

Who do YOU believe ?

More so than Zuck?"

Mr musk became dangerous when he refused to allow star link to be used in the ukraine war.

all around

Who do YOU believe ?

More so than Zuck?"

They're all dangerous, far to much power over people's minds with seemingly no regulation.

all around

Who do YOU believe ?

More so than Zuck?

Mr musk became dangerous when he refused to allow star link to be used in the ukraine war. "

And yet the Russians are using it in occupied Ukraine ( well if you believe what someone reported)

borehamwood

Who do YOU believe ?

X has got so much worse since Elon "

i doubt that very much, all your seeing now is those on the right have more of a voice on there under the last owners the left had more of a voice, but both sides spout a load of bollox on there wether its weird elon or junkie jack who own it

borehamwood

Who do YOU believe ?

More so than Zuck?

Mr musk became dangerous when he refused to allow star link to be used in the ukraine war. "

he didnt stop them using it in ukraine though, he stopped them using it for attacks in russia,there still using it in ukraine and have been since he gave it to them,

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

Who do YOU believe ?

X has got so much worse since Elon i doubt that very much, all your seeing now is those on the right have more of a voice on there under the last owners the left had more of a voice, but both sides spout a load of bollox on there wether its weird elon or junkie jack who own it"

Twitter pre-Elon was always a cesspit of right wing vitriol, but at least some of the worst culprits (Katie Hopkins is a fine example) were eventually dealt with.

borehamwood

Who do YOU believe ?

X has got so much worse since Elon i doubt that very much, all your seeing now is those on the right have more of a voice on there under the last owners the left had more of a voice, but both sides spout a load of bollox on there wether its weird elon or junkie jack who own it

Twitter pre-Elon was always a cesspit of right wing vitriol, but at least some of the worst culprits (Katie Hopkins is a fine example) were eventually dealt with."

haha ok funnily enough they banned a load of lunitic right wingers but left a load of lunatic left wingers on there, all thats happening now is free speech for all not just some people, u may not like the speech but at least there letting everyone spout shit now, personaly i have never and will never have social media, fab is about as near to it as i get

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 12 weeks ago

golden fields

Who do YOU believe ?

X has got so much worse since Elon i doubt that very much, all your seeing now is those on the right have more of a voice on there under the last owners the left had more of a voice, but both sides spout a load of bollox on there wether its weird elon or junkie jack who own it

Twitter pre-Elon was always a cesspit of right wing vitriol, but at least some of the worst culprits (Katie Hopkins is a fine example) were eventually dealt with.haha ok funnily enough they banned a load of lunitic right wingers but left a load of lunatic left wingers on there, all thats happening now is free speech for all not just some people, u may not like the speech but at least there letting everyone spout shit now, personaly i have never and will never have social media, fab is about as near to it as i get"

Twitter does have more free speak now, which manifests as hate, bigotry, race hate, transphobia etc. Which pushes off normal people. Lots of businesses left twitter since Musk took over.

It's really just descended into the absolute worst of humanity.

I don't think the "lunatic left wingers" being very not racist or whatever they're accused of, can compare.

borehamwood

Who do YOU believe ?

Twitter pre-Elon was always a cesspit of right wing vitriol, but at least some of the worst culprits (Katie Hopkins is a fine example) were eventually dealt with.haha ok funnily enough they banned a load of lunitic right wingers but left a load of lunatic left wingers on there, all thats happening now is free speech for all not just some people, u may not like the speech but at least there letting everyone spout shit now, personaly i have never and will never have social media, fab is about as near to it as i get

Twitter does have more free speak now, which manifests as hate, bigotry, race hate, transphobia etc. Which pushes off normal people. Lots of businesses left twitter since Musk took over.

I don't think the "lunatic left wingers" being very not racist or whatever they're accused of, can compare. "

course not they just doxxed people on there, and yoir honestly telling me the left dont have fucking lunatics just as bad as the right? I imagine most on the left and right just wana get on with there own shit but there are a noisy minority on both sides i wouldnt piss on if they were on fire

golden fields

Who do YOU believe ?

Twitter pre-Elon was always a cesspit of right wing vitriol, but at least some of the worst culprits (Katie Hopkins is a fine example) were eventually dealt with.haha ok funnily enough they banned a load of lunitic right wingers but left a load of lunatic left wingers on there, all thats happening now is free speech for all not just some people, u may not like the speech but at least there letting everyone spout shit now, personaly i have never and will never have social media, fab is about as near to it as i get

I don't think the "lunatic left wingers" being very not racist or whatever they're accused of, can compare. course not they just doxxed people on there, and yoir honestly telling me the left dont have fucking lunatics just as bad as the right? I imagine most on the left and right just wana get on with there own shit but there are a noisy minority on both sides i wouldnt piss on if they were on fire"

Yeah. I'm sure there are extremely non-racist people that get labelled as "far left" that are as upsetting to the right wingers. As vice versa.

In any case. To reference the OP. I'd suggest that social media is a poor choice of a news source.

borehamwood

Who do YOU believe ?

I don't think the "lunatic left wingers" being very not racist or whatever they're accused of, can compare. course not they just doxxed people on there, and yoir honestly telling me the left dont have fucking lunatics just as bad as the right? I imagine most on the left and right just wana get on with there own shit but there are a noisy minority on both sides i wouldnt piss on if they were on fire

Yeah. I'm sure there are extremely non-racist people that get labelled as "far left" that are as upsetting to the right wingers. As vice versa.

In any case. To reference the OP. I'd suggest that social media is a poor choice of a news source. "

dont have social media so wouldnt know if its a poor choice or not, fabs is about as close as i get to social media, think most social media is full of narcissist s and people who think the online world actually matters

By *melie LALWoman 12 weeks ago

Peterborough

Mainly BBC, sometimes SKY. Always with a dose of cynicism

By *andE2000Man 12 weeks ago

Bathgate

"Mainly BBC, sometimes SKY. Always with a dose of cynicism "

Explains your sanity

Bathgate

"The usual places and some political commentators on YouTube andd other places sometimes. However what we don't do is accept that all there is to it is exactly what is being told and discussed. The news is more a means to channel public perception as opposed to actively and impartially inform. It often works too which shows how easy most folk are to manipulate.

Has that Post Office CEO charged with perjury yet? How about those 16,000 homes being reserved for asylum claimants? Epstein client list? Timeframe on pothole funding? You get the idea, buried by the last monkey everyone is exp3cted to focus on."

Conspiracy theorist alert

Run before they crucify you

Bournemouth

Who do YOU believe ?

Twitter pre-Elon was always a cesspit of right wing vitriol, but at least some of the worst culprits (Katie Hopkins is a fine example) were eventually dealt with.haha ok funnily enough they banned a load of lunitic right wingers but left a load of lunatic left wingers on there, all thats happening now is free speech for all not just some people, u may not like the speech but at least there letting everyone spout shit now, personaly i have never and will never have social media, fab is about as near to it as i get"

This is exactly what happened to Twitter.

all around

"Google for me"

That's quite broad,which results do you trust given practically every search result in Google is sponsored ?

By *melie LALWoman 12 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Mainly BBC, sometimes SKY. Always with a dose of cynicism

Explains your sanity "

I'm happy with mine. I'd feel a failure with yours.

Each to their own

By *anJenny 181Couple 12 weeks ago

Preston

The mainstream media is owned by the the ultra rich like Rupert Murdoch, they own what news is published or told & how it's slanted

For a big example of that was the BBC news at the last election

They sad the conservatives have released their _anifesto

Instead of saying Labour released their _anifesto

They said labour have released their spending plan

Cheeky bit of word play to suggest Labour was going to spend more.

You can't trust the media

all around

"The mainstream media is owned by the the ultra rich like Rupert Murdoch, they own what news is published or told & how it's slanted

For a big example of that was the BBC news at the last election

They sad the conservatives have released their _anifesto

Instead of saying Labour released their _anifesto

They said labour have released their spending plan

Cheeky bit of word play to suggest Labour was going to spend more.

You can't trust the media

"

Rupert Murdoch owns or affects the BBC ? Hmmm

London

Who do YOU believe ?

I don't think the "lunatic left wingers" being very not racist or whatever they're accused of, can compare. course not they just doxxed people on there, and yoir honestly telling me the left dont have fucking lunatics just as bad as the right? I imagine most on the left and right just wana get on with there own shit but there are a noisy minority on both sides i wouldnt piss on if they were on fire

In any case. To reference the OP. I'd suggest that social media is a poor choice of a news source. "

I have seen people tweet that, they want to set fire on people wearing MAGA hats, physically/sexually assault JK Rowling.

Oh during the previous election vote counting, when it was revealed that lots of Latin Americans in some states voted republican, I saw anti-racist lovely leftists go on a racist rant against Mexicans. It was hilarious to watch.

Ever heard of horseshoe theory?

golden fields

Who do YOU believe ?

In any case. To reference the OP. I'd suggest that social media is a poor choice of a news source.

I have seen people tweet that, they want to set fire on people wearing MAGA hats, physically/sexually assault JK Rowling."

How are you determining these awful people's political leaning from these comments?

"

Oh during the previous election vote counting, when it was revealed that lots of Latin Americans in some states voted republican, I saw anti-racist lovely leftists go on a racist rant against Mexicans. It was hilarious to watch.

"

I'll tell you a secret. These people weren't left wingers.

"

Ever heard of horseshoe theory?"

Yes, it's utter nonsense that tries to equate extremes. Implying that extremely non-racist people are as bad as extremely racist people.

London

"

How are you determining these awful people's political leaning from these comments?

"

Because they say that the reason they want to do this, is to build an anti-racist non-transphobic society

"

"

Oh I have heard this before - "They aren't real socialists" Both are absolutely ridiculous claims.

"

Yes, it's utter nonsense that tries to equate extremes. Implying that extremely non-racist people are as bad as extremely racist people.

"

You just have to compare the deaths caused by Hitler with deaths caused by Stalin and Mao. There is only one difference. Far right is openly evil while far left hides it under the veil of "For the greater good"

Bathgate

"

Because they say that the reason they want to do this, is to build an anti-racist non-transphobic society

Oh I have heard this before - "They aren't real socialists" Both are absolutely ridiculous claims.

You just have to compare the deaths caused by Hitler with deaths caused by Stalin and Mao. There is only one difference. Far right is openly evil while far left hides it under the veil of "For the greater good"

"

Bathgate

"

"

Add to that the deaths caused by Bush 1, Bush 2, Tony Blair, Obama, Trump, Biden and every other Bomber in the name of Democracy and human rights.

London

"

Add to that the deaths caused by Bush 1, Bush 2, Tony Blair, Obama, Trump, Biden and every other Bomber in the name of Democracy and human rights. "

Exactly! If you look at the history of any country, you can see that being evil isn't an exclusively left or right wing thing

By *ony 2016Man 12 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

BBC , Newsnight , Radio 4 breakfast & PM programme , BBC Local Radio Staions , Al Jazeera, Channel 4 news at 7pm , occasionally Sky

By *ithintemptationsCouple 12 weeks ago

plymouth

western news is biased and bullshit on every story and front,

aljazeera

By *r4LTongueMan 12 weeks ago

Redbridge

Hear hear x

By *anifestoMan 12 weeks ago

dublin and wexford

The ones I believe have the most objective and credible reporting are

On television: Channel 4 news

Print media:Irish Times

Online: Reuters

By *MischiefxWoman 12 weeks ago

Astana

I find Byline Times interesting. Aljazerra will show you things usually western media will hide/avoid and I used to enjoy RT News but that was removed some time ago. It is always good to see things from a different perspective than what our media (often incorrectly) portrays.

The likes of GB ‘News’ cannot be taken seriously as a source of credible information. I see some of what they post on ‘X’/Twitter at times and the obsession that channel, especially Piers Morgan has with Harry and Megan is beyond creepy.

By *andE2000Man 11 weeks ago

Bathgate

"western news is biased and bullshit on every story and front,

aljazeera"

10000000000000%

By *irldnCouple 11 weeks ago

Brighton

The politics forum on Fab is the only credible source. Posters on here are absolute genius news gurus who know everything. Why go anywhere else?

By *otMe66Man 11 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"The politics forum on Fab is the only credible source. Posters on here are absolute genius news gurus who know everything. Why go anywhere else?

"

I agree with this and I use the virus forum to learn about vaccines, spike thingy's, 5G and all sorts.

By *uvnylonsMan 11 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"BBC , Newsnight , Radio 4 breakfast & PM programme , BBC Local Radio Staions , Al Jazeera, Channel 4 news at 7pm , occasionally Sky "

Thats exactly what you want. a few different credible sources.

By *I Two OP   Couple 11 weeks ago

all around

It does appear that some people only look for the news they want and others from their own opinion based on a wide variety of sources.

By *erri_kissesTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Islington

Who do YOU believe ?

In any case. To reference the OP. I'd suggest that social media is a poor choice of a news source. dont have social media so wouldnt know if its a poor choice or not, fabs is about as close as i get to social media, think most social media is full of narcissist s and people who think the online world actually matters"

You talk like you know a lot about something that you say you have never and will never experience

By *cotsguyyMan 10 weeks ago

Belfast

Who do YOU believe ?

"

No-one. No one single source, news is always told by people and people always have an opinion, whether that consciously affects the reporting or not.

I tend to listen to LBC all day at work, then occasionally catch the news on channel four, bbc and itv when I get home then I switch off and forget it all and catch up on all the goings on down Albert Square, that's the real news!!

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Dublin

It's obviously that the only place to get your news is on the forum of a swingers website.

All these horny budding journalists doing stellar work

By *ornucopiaMan 10 weeks ago

Bexley

I only get my news (while driving) from LBC, accidentally when I forget to mute news bulletins. Also from reading Private Eye, usually a month or so after it gets delivered.

They don't normally have news on Radio Caroline, which is my main broadcast companion.

News like the golfing woman story, I get on here.

By *eroy1000Man 10 weeks ago

milton keynes

BBC the most but also catch some sky and GB news. Channel 4 too can be good. Not really caught much of Al Jazeera but have watched some of their documentaries via you tube which were pretty good.

By *uietbloke67Man 10 weeks ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Bbc and Stv, I don't really buy into the conspiracy theorist.

Channel 4 does excellent news coverage.

All the rest I'd say are influenced by their owners, however I don't watch them, so really like most theorists I'm basing that not on fact but what I perceive as fact.

» Add a new message to this topic